Posted: 12 years ago
Great pic. Looks like a great adventure, can't wait for this movie!
So the women are missing from the second poster as well? ðŸ¤” I expected more from a woman director. Edited by eraser - 12 years ago
But hey, at least they are not using Katrina for promotion. At least not yet...
True but it's really sad how male-centric these movies are, even the ones that are made by female directors. Just look at what Farah Khan did with Katrina in TMK, totally used her as a sex object. Movies like Dor or even Chameli where the woman plays the most important role are hard to find and thats the reason I cant watch bollywood movies because I cant ever relate to any of the female characters. So frustrating..
For the first time I completely agree with you. Especially with the Kat and TMK part. That part of me is very GLAD that that stupid film Tees Maar Khan FLOPPED!
reminds me of the goa scene in DCH...

this better be good...
bollywood is more or less an embarassement these days...
Originally posted by eraser

True but it's really sad how male-centric these movies are, even the ones that are made by female directors. Just look at what Farah Khan did with Katrina in TMK, totally used her as a sex object. Movies like Dor or even Chameli where the woman plays the most important role are hard to find and thats the reason I cant watch bollywood movies because I cant ever relate to any of the female characters. So frustrating..

the movies you listed, Dor and Chameli, are fantastic, but I've always felt that the way they marketed them was flawed.
which makes me sound horrible, because it sounds like i'm implying that the only way to market a film by using women, is by exploiting their sexuality =/

which is not what I meant. I think that Bollywood hasn't really mastered that art too well. It HAS worked in some instances though... like I think to an extent, with Golmaal 3 and Kareena... but not even with movies like Milli, where Jaya Bhaduri had complete centerstage and yet Amitabh got equal, or a bit more publicity in the advertising of it...
i dunt mind male centric movies as long as the females have a sensible character to play and not just "standing behind" the guy in every scene...i like movies where female characters have a mind of their own, make their own decisions and face their own lives without dependency of any sort...which is one of the main reasons why i liked dev d, LBC and paa...

Edited by smartie_pants - 12 years ago

I agree, I mean I wont hate a movie if it's male centric but still has strong female roles. Dev D was a helluva ride with STRONG women characters. But at the same time, the amount of movies that come out in bollywood that revolve around the man is extremely disproportionate to the number of movies that revolve around a woman.

And what makes me even more mad is that female directors end up making male-centric movies as well because I guess thats what clicks with the audience.