Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

..::..Gurmina Nagar #2..::.. (Page 4)

RamKiSeeta IF-Addictz
RamKiSeeta
RamKiSeeta

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 9:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ankita_88

finally imagine ko akkal aa hi gayi...they are again back with the old show but in prime time ...waaah waaah waaah...

I know! 7 PM is def a wonderful time to cast Ramayan...many families watched it together the first time around, now they will be able to watch it again during dinner or something.

I'm guessing NDTV Imagine needs TRPs badly, so they're re-casting the show that thus far gave them the most TRPs.LOL

Ankita_88 IF-Rockerz
Ankita_88
Ankita_88

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 10:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

finally imagine ko akkal aa hi gayi...they are again back with the old show but in prime time ...waaah waaah waaah...

I know! 7 PM is def a wonderful time to cast Ramayan...many families watched it together the first time around, now they will be able to watch it again during dinner or something.

I'm guessing NDTV Imagine needs TRPs badly, so they're re-casting the show that thus far gave them the most TRPs.LOL

hey di cant we get ramayan forum re opened???? now sum people finally stop claiming our ramayan over any other show...Wink
RamKiSeeta IF-Addictz
RamKiSeeta
RamKiSeeta

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 10:42am | IP Logged

hey di cant we get ramayan forum re opened???? now sum people finally stop claiming our ramayan over any other show...Wink

Lols, I don't think Ramayan re-airing will stop anyone's mouths from rattling off as usual, but I PMed Shruti about this...don't know whether she'll have the forum re-opened, because Ramayan already re-aired in another channel, I think Star Plus or something, and the DVDs are released as well. Re-airing is not the same as airing for the first time, so the forum might not be re-opened, but it doesn't really matter. We can just discuss it in the mytho forum since many people there are excited as well.

We'll see what Shruti says.
Rituparnaa IF-Rockerz
Rituparnaa
Rituparnaa

Posted: 12 May 2011 at 10:10am | IP Logged
Compared to many parts of the world, access to the Internet content has been relatively free in India.

Unlike people in countries like China, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, etc, Indians do not face any government-controlled restrictions on accessing sites dealing with politics, religion or even mature content.

But that might all change.

In April 2011, the Indian government's Department of Information Technology issued new regulations, Information Technology Rules, 2011, under which any content deemed 'disparaging', 'harassing', 'blasphemous' or 'hateful' can be banned.

The rules require Internet 'intermediaries' -- a broad term that includes anything from web sites like Google videos and Orkut to companies that host sites or provide Internet connections -- to respond to any demand to take down offensive content within 36 hours.

Oddly, the regulations do not even provide a way for content producers or companies to defend their work or appeal a decision to take content down.

As if all this wasn't enough, the list of objectionable content is broad, subjective and includes anything that 'threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states or public order'.

So what does it actually mean?

Well, it means that anyone can make lots of noise about any content one finds offensive and the web site or the ISP (Internet Service Provider) can straightaway block the 'offensive' content without giving the content producer an opportunity to defend his case in the court.

In other words, an individual or group of individuals can claim that a Facebook page, or a photo on a web site or even a story is disparaging or harassing or blasphemous or hateful or anti-national and the ISP would have to block it.

Of course, this is not the first time that India has tried to clamp down on Internet content.

In 2009, it blocked access to a graphic comic strip and it regularly sends take-down notices to social-networking sites, such as Facebook and Orkut, over content deemed offensive to ethnic or religious groups.

Advocacy and civil liberty groups say the Indian Constitution allows 'reasonable restrictions', but to be constitutionally valid the limits have to be very clear and cannot be this vague.

Critics of the new rules say by using such broad and subjective terms like blasphemous, hateful and anti-national, the government is simply trying to control the Internet, the last place not under the control of corporate-government nexus, yet.

They say these regulations will make it extremely difficult for bloggers, commentators, etc, to freely express themselves and share thoughts.

The government defends its stand by claiming that India is a multi-ethnic and multi-religious country and to maintain national harmony it has to ensure that no offensive material is posted either on the Internet or carried by the media.

It defends its order to ISPs to provide it access to personal information of Internet users by saying that it needs to monitor activities of anti-national elements.

All this, needless to say, doesn't go down well with critics, who say India -- a country that has a well-established information technology industry -- should strive for openness as that fosters and strengthens creativity and scientific enquiry.

Internet service providers, on the other hand, support the new rules, claiming the 2011 regulations are an improvement over the 2008 Act, which was drafted immediately after the terrorist attacks on Mumbai.

That law held ISPs responsible for any content deemed offensive, whereas the new rules do not hold ISPs responsible as long as they have not taken part in creating that content.

Opponents of Internet censorship say instead of taking its cues from censorship-obsessed countries, India -- an emerging powerhouse -- should look towards Scandinavian countries where except for child po*nography access to Internet content is completely unrestricted.

Source : Rediff.Com

Gals this I found on rediff and thought of sharing with you all.This is infact the need of time.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

~Serendipity~Vishakha_SakhiRamKiSeeta

RamKiSeeta IF-Addictz
RamKiSeeta
RamKiSeeta

Posted: 12 May 2011 at 12:56pm | IP Logged
Hey guys,

Does anyone have the recent vid where Gurmeet and Debina walk down the ramp? I really want to see it and make some avis.Big smile

@Ritu,

Thanks for the info dear! Interesting...

-Janu

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Rituparnaa

Rituparnaa IF-Rockerz
Rituparnaa
Rituparnaa

Posted: 13 May 2011 at 12:49am | IP Logged

Hey guys,

Does anyone have the recent vid where Gurmeet and Debina walk down the ramp? I really want to see it and make some avis.Big smile

@Ritu,

Thanks for the info dear! Interesting...

-Janu
Janu yeah we have the link in IF itself.
And abt the article I shared I just hope it helps in making a clean n healthy cyber world.
These rules are applied for all Indians and Indian websites.Apart from this International Cyber Cells are also there to control cyber crimes which is applicable to all internet users across the globe.Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

RamKiSeeta

Rituparnaa IF-Rockerz
Rituparnaa
Rituparnaa

Posted: 13 May 2011 at 1:59am | IP Logged
http://lite.epaper.timesofindia.com/mobile.aspx?article=yes&pageid=46&sectid=edid=&edlabel=TOIM&mydateHid=13-05-2011&pubname=&edname=&articleid=Ar04603&publabel=TOI
DE-STRESS MANTRA
Kickboxing acts as a perfect stress buster

... says television actor Gurmeet Chaudhary

My personal de-stress mantra is...

>> doing kick boxing.I am a black belt in martial arts.Inspite of shooting for 12 hours everyday,after my pack-up I rush to do kick boxing for an hour in a garden near in my locality.No matter how tired I am,kick boxing acts as a perfect stress buster for me.I go to the gym thrice a week,on alternate days and workout for one and a half hours.I have been hooked on to massages since my recent trip to Bangkok.

In my leisure...

>> I like watching movies.After my shoot,I return home at 11.30 pm and watch movies with my wife Debina.I also love to play with my dog,Dexter and listening to my wife sing.

A cook or a foodie

>> I don't know how to cook anything.Neither am I a foodie.I'm paranoid about my diet and like to eat boiled food.I prefer home-cooked food than out side food.But when I dine out,I eat Chinese especially momos.

My hobbies are...

>> listening to music and dancing.I hear music very often,in my car and at home as well.Whenever I hear music,my feet automatically start moving.I also like to watch my wife dance,as she is a classical dancer.Sometimes,I indulge in a bit of gaming.

Chilling out at home or a party animal

>> I'm not a party animal as I rarely go for parties.After my shoot,I head home.I prefer spending quality time with family and friends.

Tips to de-stress

>> Some people tend to head home,sleep and not talk to others when they are stressed.No matter how busy you are,keep aside 30 minutes for yourself to take a walk or go to gym and get refreshed.You need to relieve the pent-up stress than sleep over it.

As told to LA

HOOKED ONTO MASSAGES: Gurmeet Chudhary

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

...Mina...Vishakha_SakhiRamKiSeeta

Rituparnaa IF-Rockerz
Rituparnaa
Rituparnaa

Posted: 13 May 2011 at 6:46am | IP Logged
Gals bad news.GC is hurt while shooting his current show.Though he said he is OK but still I wish he should take care of himself while shooting.This is happening many many times with him from the time he entered this show.

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Chat Clubs Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index