😉

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by radt

I followed each n every episode Ritu...😍
But I joined IF quite late!
😉

Really?That was such a nice show bt closed down midway coz of low TRPs.😳
I saw only a few epis of Shakuntala, but wasn't really that impressed.😳 It seemed a bit too westernized for a mythological show, especially one that was supposed to take place during the Krita Yuga, which is before Treta Yuga and even more strict in rules.

Was it good?
Janaki thanks a bunch 4 sharing this...here his name is nt there it seems.But u were right Sangeeta Kapure could have played teh role of a princess rather than Rajmata.She was too young then.
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

I saw only a few epis of Shakuntala, but wasn't really that impressed.😳 It seemed a bit too westernized for a mythological show, especially one that was supposed to take place during the Krita Yuga, which is before Treta Yuga and even more strict in rules.

Was it good?
Well I enjoyed the show and morever I loved the sets and the BG and songs selected were mindblowing.But to some extent it was modernasied to a love story coz it was on starone I guess.
Originally posted by Rituparnaa

Janaki thanks a bunch 4 sharing this...here his name is nt there it seems.But u were right Sangeeta Kapure could have played teh role of a princess rather than Rajmata.She was too young then.

I'm guessing someone from the Ramayan Forum knows, I'll ask them. Yeah, Sangeeta Kapure looked too young to play a Rajmata. In fact, even the actress who did Kaikeyi looked too young. Only Rajni Chandra was perfect in terms of age. It seems as if the older mythos tended to use older people for roles, even if the actors were too old, while the new mythos tend to use younger people for roles, even if they are too young. A balance should be kept between both.

Seeing as the Sagars took Shakuntala, the songs would obviously be good, and yeah, the sets too were really pretty, but personally I would not prefer a mythological show to be aired on Star One. They tend to romanticize everything and make love stories a bit melodramatic, not suitable for a mythological show. I liked the actor who played Raja Dushyant, but I did not like the girl who played Shakuntala. The story's accuracy was okay...the overall storyline was correct but the small incidents in-between seemed made-up to me. I read a few updates of the epis on the forum and often wondered what they were talking about.
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

I'm guessing someone from the Ramayan Forum knows, I'll ask them. Yeah, Sangeeta Kapure looked too young to play a Rajmata. In fact, even the actress who did Kaikeyi looked too young. Only Rajni Chandra was perfect in terms of age. It seems as if the older mythos tended to use older people for roles, even if the actors were too old, while the new mythos tend to use younger people for roles, even if they are too young. A balance should be kept between both.

Seeing as the Sagars took Shakuntala, the songs would obviously be good, and yeah, the sets too were really pretty, but personally I would not prefer a mythological show to be aired on Star One. They tend to romanticize everything and make love stories a bit melodramatic, not suitable for a mythological show. I liked the actor who played Raja Dushyant, but I did not like the girl who played Shakuntala. The story's accuracy was okay...the overall storyline was correct but the small incidents in-between seemed made-up to me. I read a few updates of the epis on the forum and often wondered what they were talking about.
Janu u are absolutely right abt ramayan n shakuntala.The actor played Dushyant was gautam sharma and he played very well,even though the actress Neha mehta who played shakuntala was also good bt she was looking older than dushyant.That made a huge diff in the show too.And yes they added some fictional chars too into the show.They themselves wrote it.
Originally posted by Rituparnaa

Janu u are absolutely right abt ramayan n shakuntala.The actor played Dushyant was gautam sharma and he played very well,even though the actress Neha mehta who played shakuntala was also good bt she was looking older than dushyant.That made a huge diff in the show too.And yes they added some fictional chars too into the show.They themselves wrote it.

Yeah, I was not impressed by Neha Mehta...it wasn't only that she looked older than Dushyant, she also did not look very modest or humble for the role...from what I read in the books, I always pictured Shakuntala as an innocent, naive young girl who was very humble, sophisticated, and down to earth. Neha Mehta's way of acting did not portray that. Also, it really annoys me when directors blatantly make up "important" stories or characters in mythological or historical shows. A few sweet scenes here and there to make the audience laugh or blush is fine, like the RamSita or RadhaKrishna scenes in both Ramayans and Krishna serials. But to outright make up characters who did not exist, give them an important role on top of that, and completely change the story just puts me off the whole show. It is why I never finished Shakuntala. It did not seem like the actual Shakuntala and Dushyant story to.

If you compare that to CGM, you will see a big difference. The directors of CGM, while still being the Sagars, are handling this story sooo much better than Shakuntala, and you can really get the historical feel of it. I haven't watched the recent epis because of time constraint, but whenever I do, I do not feel like I am watching a fictional show.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=mIUNMMgwbiE[/YOUTUBE]

They look amazingly adorable here...
Debi n Guru... So much in love...
Debi says she lives on Mushroom... and Guru says he cannt live without her.
Awww...
They cross their hands and have a drink too.
And he buys her the choco dessert she asks for!!!!!!!!!!!!
🤗
@janu
I agreed with you abt Shakuntala.And yes in CGM we are feeling as if we are living in that age by watching this.They have created it very carefully and they really did a lots of research on it.
@Radha
I watched this segment so many times.Both look so genuine when talk abt each other.Thats what I love most abt them.