Chat Clubs

..::..Gurmina Nagar #2..::.. - Page 3

Rituparnaa thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
What a great news...Debi is back on FB janu...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
This content was originally posted by: Rituparnaa

What a great news...Debi is back on FB janu...

Yeah, that's what I heard...I'm so happy about that!😛
Ankita_88 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
finally imagine ko akkal aa hi gayi...they are again back with the old show but in prime time ...waaah waaah waaah...
Ankita_88 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: JanakiRaghunath

Gurmina's Ramayan is being aired again!🥳 

Re-packaged Ramayan on Imagine from May 16th..

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 | 2:22:21 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    
Re-packaged Ramayan on Imagine from May 16th..

Imagine to have a re-run of its popular flagship show, Ramayan...

Gurmeet Choudhary and Debina Bonnerjee hit a 'green patch' playing Lord Ram and Sita in Imagine's popular flagship show, Ramayan.

Ramayan had a loyal set of viewers and was showered with good ratings till the very end.

Wondering why we are going down the memory lane? Well, that is because the channel has brought back the successful show on air again.

A little birdie tells us, "Come May 16th, Ramayan will be aired on Imagine at the early evening slot of 7-8 pm, from Monday to Thursday. The whole series has been repackaged by the channel to add freshness; there will be lot many new songs added in the new version of the show".

For the uninitiated, the channel was airing shows like Rakt Sambandh and Armanon ka Balidaan in the 7-8 pm slot. With both the shows getting axed, Ramayan will take the slot now. Guess this is a very good idea to bring in the loyal viewers of Ramayan back!!

Let the Magic be recreated..

Reporter and Author: Srividya Rajesh

i m going to watch it again...gosh i luvd dat...nd i will surely give the trp...😊
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Ankita_88

finally imagine ko akkal aa hi gayi...they are again back with the old show but in prime time ...waaah waaah waaah...

I know! 7 PM is def a wonderful time to cast Ramayan...many families watched it together the first time around, now they will be able to watch it again during dinner or something.

I'm guessing NDTV Imagine needs TRPs badly, so they're re-casting the show that thus far gave them the most TRPs.😆
Ankita_88 thumbnail

I know! 7 PM is def a wonderful time to cast Ramayan...many families watched it together the first time around, now they will be able to watch it again during dinner or something.

I'm guessing NDTV Imagine needs TRPs badly, so they're re-casting the show that thus far gave them the most TRPs.😆

hey di cant we get ramayan forum re opened???? now sum people finally stop claiming our ramayan over any other show...😉
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Ankita_88

hey di cant we get ramayan forum re opened???? now sum people finally stop claiming our ramayan over any other show...😉

Lols, I don't think Ramayan re-airing will stop anyone's mouths from rattling off as usual, but I PMed Shruti about this...don't know whether she'll have the forum re-opened, because Ramayan already re-aired in another channel, I think Star Plus or something, and the DVDs are released as well. Re-airing is not the same as airing for the first time, so the forum might not be re-opened, but it doesn't really matter. We can just discuss it in the mytho forum since many people there are excited as well.

We'll see what Shruti says.
Rituparnaa thumbnail
Compared to many parts of the world, access to the Internet content has been relatively free in India.

Unlike people in countries like China, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, etc, Indians do not face any government-controlled restrictions on accessing sites dealing with politics, religion or even mature content.

But that might all change.

In April 2011, the Indian government's Department of Information Technology issued new regulations, Information Technology Rules, 2011, under which any content deemed 'disparaging', 'harassing', 'blasphemous' or 'hateful' can be banned.

The rules require Internet 'intermediaries' -- a broad term that includes anything from web sites like Google videos and Orkut to companies that host sites or provide Internet connections -- to respond to any demand to take down offensive content within 36 hours.

Oddly, the regulations do not even provide a way for content producers or companies to defend their work or appeal a decision to take content down.

As if all this wasn't enough, the list of objectionable content is broad, subjective and includes anything that 'threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states or public order'.

So what does it actually mean?

Well, it means that anyone can make lots of noise about any content one finds offensive and the web site or the ISP (Internet Service Provider) can straightaway block the 'offensive' content without giving the content producer an opportunity to defend his case in the court.

In other words, an individual or group of individuals can claim that a Facebook page, or a photo on a web site or even a story is disparaging or harassing or blasphemous or hateful or anti-national and the ISP would have to block it.

Of course, this is not the first time that India has tried to clamp down on Internet content.

In 2009, it blocked access to a graphic comic strip and it regularly sends take-down notices to social-networking sites, such as Facebook and Orkut, over content deemed offensive to ethnic or religious groups.

Advocacy and civil liberty groups say the Indian Constitution allows 'reasonable restrictions', but to be constitutionally valid the limits have to be very clear and cannot be this vague.

Critics of the new rules say by using such broad and subjective terms like blasphemous, hateful and anti-national, the government is simply trying to control the Internet, the last place not under the control of corporate-government nexus, yet.

They say these regulations will make it extremely difficult for bloggers, commentators, etc, to freely express themselves and share thoughts.

The government defends its stand by claiming that India is a multi-ethnic and multi-religious country and to maintain national harmony it has to ensure that no offensive material is posted either on the Internet or carried by the media.

It defends its order to ISPs to provide it access to personal information of Internet users by saying that it needs to monitor activities of anti-national elements.

All this, needless to say, doesn't go down well with critics, who say India -- a country that has a well-established information technology industry -- should strive for openness as that fosters and strengthens creativity and scientific enquiry.

Internet service providers, on the other hand, support the new rules, claiming the 2011 regulations are an improvement over the 2008 Act, which was drafted immediately after the terrorist attacks on Mumbai.

That law held ISPs responsible for any content deemed offensive, whereas the new rules do not hold ISPs responsible as long as they have not taken part in creating that content.

Opponents of Internet censorship say instead of taking its cues from censorship-obsessed countries, India -- an emerging powerhouse -- should look towards Scandinavian countries where except for child po*nography access to Internet content is completely unrestricted.

Source : Rediff.Com

Gals this I found on rediff and thought of sharing with you all.This is infact the need of time.

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Hey guys,

Does anyone have the recent vid where Gurmeet and Debina walk down the ramp? I really want to see it and make some avis.😃

@Ritu,

Thanks for the info dear! Interesting...

-Janu
Rituparnaa thumbnail

Hey guys,

Does anyone have the recent vid where Gurmeet and Debina walk down the ramp? I really want to see it and make some avis.😃

@Ritu,

Thanks for the info dear! Interesting...

-Janu

Janu yeah we have the link in IF itself.
And abt the article I shared I just hope it helps in making a clean n healthy cyber world.
These rules are applied for all Indians and Indian websites.Apart from this International Cyber Cells are also there to control cyber crimes which is applicable to all internet users across the globe.😊