Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Salman continues to influence Sonakshi

Posted: 12 years ago
Salman continues to influence Sonakshi

By Bollywood Hungama News Network, May 5, 2011 - 16:48 IST

Dabangg may have been the thing of the past but seems like Sonakshi is definitely not willing to forget what the film (and especially Salman Khan) did for her. Even though she has moved into a different zone for Joker, she hasn't been able to totally disassociate herself from Dabangg. This can be seen from not just her make up and costume but also accessories that are being carried forward from the 'Chulbul Pandey' territory.

"There are too many similarities to overlook actually", says a costume designer, "First came her 'ghaghra-choli' look that seemed to be picking on from where 'Munni' left in Dabangg. It was surprising since Sonakshi plays a US returned girl in Joker and still gets into the village costume. Chalo, woh bhi theek hai but what about these sunglasses that she is wearing for a scene? If you look closely, they are clearly inspired by Salman Khan's look in Dabangg."

Well, it doesn't even require a closer look actually to see the inspiration, as the design of Sonakshi's glasses is way too blatant to be ignored. While in Dabangg there were two blinking hearts that reflected on Salman's sunglasses during the song 'Tere Mast Mast Do Nain', in Joker Sonakshi seems to have taken the pun of 'mast mast nain' way too seriously. This time around her glasses by themselves are designed as hearts.

Shirish Kunder, writer-director of Joker, is actually nonchalant about the entire affair and doesn't deny any similarities. "It is there for all to see so why should I deny anything", he smiles, "When everyone on street out there is wearing and maintaining accessories in the same away as Salman did in Dabangg, I don't see anything wrong in my heroine falling in line as well."

He goes on to add, "Sonakshi felt these glasses were quite cute and when I was reminded of these creating a similar effect as that of blinking hearts in Salman's Dabangg jig, I didn't mind it at all. It's all about having fun. If that requires one to get inspired from something which is so popular, I am game for it."

One wonders what next would be in line when it comes to getting 'inspired'!

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/features/2011/05/05/7416/

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ISano thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
what cna we expect from shirish
IHeartDeepika thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Sonakshi's clothes in Joker look like they've been recycled from Dabangg! Boooring!

sheee thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
What did they do now? I can't read this article.
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
"When everyone on street out there is wearing and maintaining accessories in the same away as Salman did in Dabangg, I don't see anything wrong in my heroine falling in line as well." 

Ya Everybody is banging ur film TMK 4m left, right, everywhere... so nw u wll take Salman's style in ur film to get some + points 4 ur film πŸ˜‘

i dnt knw wht the hell is wrong wid him, he is brilliant director+ story teller[Jaan-e-mann], nw suddenly he is doing all these cheapo acts like farah and sajid do...😑

Sonakshi Zee enuff of ur copying nd taking bhai's name for ur publicity... do something on ur own πŸ˜‘
Edited by Da_BagarhBilla - 12 years ago
Gujar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Shirish Kunder, his surname would be a classic if only he could replace the 'd' with another letter 
-SalShah4eva- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3
I ddint read it
ab kya ho gaya
SidNeeti-fan thumbnail
i think ppl feel like adding something from dabangg to make deir movie a hitπŸ˜’
Easy_A thumbnail
Originally posted by: Da_BagarhBilla

"When everyone on street out there is wearing and maintaining accessories in the same away as Salman did in Dabangg, I don't see anything wrong in my heroine falling in line as well." 

Ya Everybody is banging ur film TMK 4m left, right, everywhere... so nw u wll take Salman's style in ur film to get some + points 4 ur film πŸ˜‘

i dnt knw wht the hell is wrong wid him, he is brilliant director+ story teller[Jaan-e-mann], nw suddenly he is doing all these cheapo acts like farah and sajid do...😑

Sonakshi Zee enuff of ur copying nd taking bhai's name for ur publicity... do something on ur own πŸ˜‘

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† Lemme give you something to chew on other than red chillies which you seem to have already chewed on.πŸ˜‰ Do you even realize that your post reeks of double standards? The moviemaker of Dabangg had also lifted a number of action sequences from hollywood movies to earn some + points. People bought into the movie then with great zeal and enthusiasm for their innovation and whatnot. And their explanation was that it takes talent even to copy. Going by that logic (if you can call it one), one would think that you'd commend Sirish Kunder for his "talent" too. πŸ˜› But no, now that someone else in the same industry has decided to borrow ideas from local backyards, Salman's backyard in this case, you're taking a complete somersault on your stance and condemning Sirish Kunder/Sonakshi for copying others' idea?!?! Kyun? Salman kare toh raas leela, lekin koi aur kare toh character dheela?πŸ˜‰ If you condone plagiarism, condone it for all, if you condemn it, condemn it for all. 
Edited by _VERSACE_ - 12 years ago

Originally posted by: Kabeer.

Shirish Kunder, his surname would be a classic if only he could replace the 'd' with another letter 

πŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜•