Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheFaerieQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Not only the balcony thing, in fact the whole conversation after the intial mein woh tum..was about Anant just trying to hold her back to spend some time with her...i think one small jhataka from somewhere and both will start realizing what they are up to:-))
Nisha_90 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
yeah Anu i too felt dey couldve showed much better in the engagement ceremony but it was wholly concentrated on Rama-Sa-gun who are literally anoying for me except for Rama's Engliss lmaooo

AN convo in dere room was cutee though..and i liked the part where Anant says Ranbeer to close his mouth or else will keep a gullab jamoon lmaooo
Ranbir-Ritz were cuteee

but must say colg is best shown in the show rather dan at home
.Juhi. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
i agree 2 u...nd da AN convo was da best part...wen anant says " mai thoda ziddi hu na" nd navya replies "thoda!" dat was supr cuteee...
Sanely_Insane thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Anu...๐Ÿค—

There were so many things i didn't like about the episode and you summed all of them together...๐Ÿ˜ณ
And the one you pointed about the balcony...i was like W*...whats there to see in a BALCONY...and Navya was really not interested ๐Ÿ˜†

But the point is...did Rama and Sagun got to know that Anant and Navya are friends ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜†
LadyMcbeth thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: nureat01

Hmmm...

1) The initial glances and looks being exchanged b/w AN so NOT subtly...Anant is either majorly in denial or he seems to presume that he's wearing an invisibility cloak and no one can see him OPENLY gesturing to Navya that he'll be over in a bit๐Ÿ˜†... Dude what was going on in Anant's mind when he was openly doing the aankh micholi with Navya? Like you said, either he thought he was Harry Potter or I would say, so deep in love, so as to be completely oblivious to everyone and everything else.

2) Anant and even Appy seemed to be in a little extra hyper mode again today๐Ÿ˜†...Anant ka toh chalo baad mein shaayad thoda explanation de diya...why exactly is Appy so excited about being married off so early?๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜† I guess that's because everyone of her BFFs seems to have latched on to a guy, and she's the only one single ... so probably the thought of marriage cheered her up or something.

That part was weird...when Nimisha said ki humaare ghar mein ladke-ladkiyon ki shaadi jaldi ho jaati hai...I hope that doesn't mean this show is going in the direction of showing an AN marriage very soon๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•...Couldn't seem to tell what's going on in AN's minds based on their reactions to this bit๐Ÿ˜•I thought that it was a bit silly when Nimisha was insinuating an early marriage for Anant. And I kept hoping and praying that Ritz or Appy shouldn't blurt out that Navya's parents share the sentiment - thus creating an awkward moment for AN. It was good that they let it pass.

3) Some parts felt stilted flow-wise today...the interactions b/w the friends at the buffet...Anant a little EXTRA excited about LITERALLY putting food on Navya's plate๐Ÿ˜†...Appy staring at the food like she'd never seen food in her life before๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜†...anywaysss...Anant suddenly gets so scared when his bhabhi shows up...he was handling her better in the past few epis...aaj kya ho gaya?๐Ÿ˜•...What did he think?? He's literally going to chipko to Navya in the entire party and no one will ask him questions?? ๐Ÿ˜† I know Anu! I was like, this is a family function dude!  You cannot find a fire escape to take off with your intended to cootchie coo...๐Ÿ˜† One other thing I found extremely weird was that WHY didn't Anant pre-warn Navya, Ritz and Appy that he was going to introduce them as Nimisha's friends? Wasn't he expecting anyone at the party to ask who the three ladies were and how did they know Nimisha? IMHO he acted completely like a duh-uh chess player who keeps hoping that his/her opponent will not guess their game plan.

4) The AN convo in the room was better...finally they got to talk a bit even if it started out as stuttering๐Ÿ˜†...a little repeat of the "bahut ziddi hoon na main" bit from a couple epis back but a nice bit nevertheless...Liked when Navya went "thoda?" lol and he goes, "kaafi?"๐Ÿ˜†...and the hallelujah moment...atleast he acknowledged "Pata nahin mujhe kya ho gaya hai"๐Ÿ˜†...and not in the usual lovesick hero style also...just thought about it for a second and then moved on happily from that thought also๐Ÿ˜†...this guy doesn't seem interested in analysis at this point๐Ÿ˜†...liked the bit after that when he said "Naaraaz toh nahin ho mujhse" and Navya asks him if he'd really have landed up at her house had she not been able to come and he casually shrugs, "pata nahin"๐Ÿ˜†Actually like Amy said, even to me, this scene was the saving grace of the episode. At least he acknowledged! But we need to see more than acknowledgement ... fine if he's not the kind of person who self talks, he's not a man of few words. We need to see some introspection scene now at least with Ranbir or Nimisha as to why does he behave the way he does when Navya is around.

Ok so this guy was QUITE desperate to manage to spend whatever time he could with Navya in that room..."Tumne meri BALCONY dekhi?" SERIOUSLY?!๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†...I think they can easily start playing the bekaboo song for this guy now...yeh toh kaam se gaya๐Ÿ˜†... He's not moony-eyed as Navya is-but he genuinely likes her and thinks of her more than a friend... and it shows.

I really LOL'd though at how Anant ke chehre ka rang hi udd gaya when Renu identified herself on the phone as Navya's sister๐Ÿ˜†...Reality check time๐Ÿ˜†...Navya bechari ko kaafi sunna pada even though she genuinely was trying to leave since a while๐Ÿ˜†...

Overall ok epi...I feel the flow of some interactions could have been better played out...but oh well.

Anant doesn't seem like he's going to PROCESS his actions anytime soon...lol...ek toh first he himself impulsively goes and does anything when it's in connection to wanting to spend time with Navya and then when his family or hers shows up, tab saari hawaa ekdum se nikal jaati hai automatically๐Ÿ˜†...who's going to give him a reality check? I wonder if Ranbir will talk to him again...I was surprised the friends didn't say anything to them directly at the party...and seriously they didn't for a second question how Navya randomly showed up?? Yeh log ab itne gullible ho gaye hain?๐Ÿ˜†

So the party's finally over but I feel some moments could have been shown better...ah well... Maybe LOL ya maybe, they all understood and chose to keep quiet. Harry Paji should've come along as well. Ranbir is too gentleman-like to prod Anant in a loud/rustic manner...which is why I think Anant thinks more of Ranbir as a friend than Harry.  And yeah ...finally is raat ki subah hogi!

The feeling I kept getting as I watched the episode was - when will Anant realize why he's doing what he's doing. Is it denial or discovery or mute acceptance? i.e. he doesn't process the when and the why - but he's already deep into it before he realizes it is too late to step back. I keep wondering which direction the makers are going to lead us to. But if they show a simple love story being played out, it will fizzle out quickly. So that's when they'll throw the family bits in ... hope it's not anytime too soon though.
without-fathom thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Updated my post: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/42190561�

Didi you make a thread for the 6th yet?! I don't see it?! You should begin to name these daily analysis thread already! (:

AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: Bushy_92

Anu...๐Ÿค—

There were so many things i didn't like about the episode and you summed all of them together...๐Ÿ˜ณ
And the one you pointed about the balcony...i was like W*...whats there to see in a BALCONY...and Navya was really not interested ๐Ÿ˜†

But the point is...did Rama and Sagun got to know that Anant and Navya are friends ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜†

@bold: Nope...they were CONPHUSED as Rama said...Anant is CLUELESS and these two are CONPHUSED...perfect๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

Thanks for the reply, Bushy๐Ÿค—
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: LadyMcbeth

thought that it was a bit silly when Nimisha was insinuating an early marriage for Anant. And I kept hoping and praying that Ritz or Appy shouldn't blurt out that Navya's parents share the sentiment - thus creating an awkward moment for AN. It was good that they let it pass. Arey but they were giving such POINTED looks to AN...that was as good as the same thing only...seriously marriage talk at this point is annoying...like Shreya was saying...it is SO un-guylike to show Anant being so cool with the idea of getting married off so young๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•...doesn't matter if he likes a girl...how can any guy be so ready to jump into marriage at 19?!๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜†

One other thing I found extremely weird was that WHY didn't Anant pre-warn Navya, Ritz and Appy that he was going to introduce them as Nimisha's friends? Wasn't he expecting anyone at the party to ask who the three ladies were and how did they know Nimisha? IMHO he acted completely like a duh-uh chess player who keeps hoping that his/her opponent will not guess their game plan.  WORDDD...THIS is the point that really boggles my mind...why on earth did he not TELL them?? What was the big deal that he hid this important info from them?? Did he not THINK that they would be introduced as Nimi's friends int he engagement?? Seriously dumb of him...it's like his brain stopped working totally...this was all half-assed.

.. He's not moony-eyed as Navya is-but he genuinely likes her and thinks of her more than a friend... and it shows. Most DEFINITELY shows...but he's going overboard showing his liking without realizing the consequences. He's being quite reckless...he needs to act more mature about this situation now...the giddiness can't go on for long...but even if he gets a few reality checks with the family interrupting it's like he instantly forgets the next second...attention span issues...ADD types๐Ÿ˜†.

The feeling I kept getting as I watched the episode was - when will Anant realize why he's doing what he's doing. Is it denial or discovery or mute acceptance? i.e. he doesn't process the when and the why - but he's already deep into it before he realizes it is too late to step back. I keep wondering which direction the makers are going to lead us to. But if they show a simple love story being played out, it will fizzle out quickly. So that's when they'll throw the family bits in ... hope it's not anytime too soon though. Good point, LadyM...that is likely what they'll do...I just don't want to see a forced or hurried marriage track at this point either๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•

AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: JZephyr

Kinda late here, nonetheless, my two cents. 

So for me, the one thing that consistently keeps falling out of order are the choppy sequences of the friends as a group. When they'd first begun, some scenes shown were promising, and I'd hoped the trend would continue. But yesterday's episode is a prime example of how direly those scenes are only obligatory fillers, and far too casually treated and executed. While there was our common previous qualm of why exactly the girls had no idea of the lie involving their being friends of Nimi, 5th May episode topped all unexplained scenarios. 
* Why was Navya's sudden appearance not questioned?
* The exchange of looks when Anant offers her a plate, after she's bluntly put down the food offer from everyone else, was a start - but they never followed it up. Really. Yepp ditto...these were two very crucial moments that magically no one noticed?  I find it quite hard to believe...after all the hoopla about getting Navya to the party, her actual presence at the party ended up being somewhat anti-climactic I feel...the scenes could have been better written out there...more subtly. Anant literally spooning food onto her plate was on the excessive side I feel...he's literally running with the "ma'am" joke at this point๐Ÿ˜†...and I agree about the choppiness to the sequences with the friends...yesterday's scenes were deffo more filler types and could have been written much better.

* Appy's enthusiasm just reminds of Beth (I think was her name, sheesh i can't even remember anymore!) from the Nancy Drew series I read, like a lifetime ago! Except, the CVs just use her to make some lame dialog when 'awkward' moments are on. They are unfair to her character, cause she's not rally a dumb girl, and they are unfair to the anticipation they disrupt. OMG I haven't heard someone mention Nancy Drew in ages...ahh memories of my childhood...lol...yepp Beth was the  always hyper one...anyways getting back to Appy...I do feel she was used for comic relief in some exaggerated ways yesterday...the way her eyes popped out on seeing the buffett...seriously thoda zyada hogaya...I love food too but I don't act like THIS also at a party๐Ÿ˜†

* Banaraswaliyan were annoying. Specially the dumb-not-so-dumb-presumptuous-suitor Shagun. I can't get over my annoyance for her smile! She's giving tough competition to what Sonia was - with a dreadful promise of a track that shall run longer :|  I've become kinda apathetic to Sagun now...but yes too much footage is wasted on this spy duo

There must be something I missed saying, but I'm trying to ignore having watched today's epi and focus on the previous one without that knowledge. 
Anyways, not to say yesterday's epi was absolutely a disaster. 

So i kinda really liked the bedroom scene. Navya wasn't her slowest worst self, even the clash of stammers and overlaps were not unnatural. ๐Ÿ‘ And the slight smiles, and raised eyes and blushes - mostly bang on. Anant was ๐Ÿ˜ณ So contradictory to my usual mean critique I love this 'OTT' enthusiastic side to the guy! In all the ways of being out of his mind and crazy, he makes a very real undergrad character for me. More so, cause he's the guy here.  I do agree that he makes for a very real undergrad character...he could be a guy we all know in real life...but I do feel that cinematic exaggeration is also going on in some slight ways in some scenes that can be avoided...I don't find it realistic that he can literally reach Navya's house like that without a thought and coolly so openly gesture to her in front of his family KNOWING what his family is like...

In particular disagreement with one of your points - I loved his 'wish to show her his balcony'. It was positively adorable and hilarious and gobsmackingly 'what the hell was I doing back then' moment!
Ahh but when did HE think of it as a "what the hell was I doing back there' moment?? Did I miss something?? I don't recall him ever once thinking that jumping so eagerly to show her his balcony would sound weird๐Ÿ˜†...Even Navya's tone was like...seriously?๐Ÿ˜†

And even now, I find the fact that he remains unquestioning of his change - which he so spontaneously confessed and still refused to be perturbed by lol - endearing in a way!
I can understand...it is refreshing no doubt unlike the male leads of most shows...but after a point it is hard to buy Anant being so oblivious when he's happily introducing her to his sister as a real special person in his life...right now I do find myself wondering about Anant's attention span and if that is the reason why he doesn't process anything...these aren't light things when he forgets even in PUBLIC how he's behaving around Navya...

I suppose tere could be a future to this track where Navya's plain anguish lies in realization and acceptance of her attraction for Anant,while he genuinely remains oblivious. Her dilemma would then run deep as to whether it is a one side affair - which its not - and if not, whether Anant is taking too casually something that is life changing for her. Knowing her, she'd probably never get this out to him, sraight and plain - so it might be quite a track, watching Anant finally come around and put 2 and 2 together...
Hmmm so a track where Navya realizes she's in love with him and he doesn't??? I dunno...given the way this guy is running at this point seems more like he'll be the one to realize first or MADE to realize by Ranbir...it's not that he's treating it like a casual affair...it's more like he just doesn't know what to name it but is loving whatever it is...but if someone or something gives him the jolt to realize what it is, he will realize I think...I do hope though that they don't first turn Navya into a "jeena marna tere saath" melodramatic premika types who is sobbing after him...they are both confused right now...

To conclude, a song that played up on my IPod while taking a morning jog and reminded me of An-Ya oh-so-much...
(albeit in a more preceding the realization of love connotation)

And the moments where my good times start to end
You make me smile 
Even when you're gone 
some how you come along
Just like a flower poking through the sideway crack
and just like that
You steal away the rain
and just like that...
You make me smile like the sun
Fall out out of bed
Sing like a bird
Dizzy in my head
Spin like a record
Crazy on a Sunday night ...๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Oh that's a nice song, Jzee๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

xx
JZee

without-fathom thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Oh sigh! I'd hate a rona dhona ballad inspired by this AnYa track where Anant remains oblivious, but Navya realizes - but I thin left on their own - she will come to the realization first. Acceptance is another matter - if Anant figures the doings of his heart, he might. 

So this is my understanding. He's enjoying this out of character change in his life. He likes Navya - she's his kind of girl, in almost every way - the kind with whom he can be in a position where Sonia was opposed to him, where he gets the upper hand in taking first steps, making the moves, and not being over whelmed by the boldness of the other... I suppose he's lacked control all his life. Not in the subservient way - no he's not the bow his head and listen guy. But he's just been the good son, who genuinely believes and respects all that is told and taught - and this is the first time really, that he's just being impulsive... The high feeling of it is sort of meddling with his reason and logic - so much that even when he thinks and confesses he's different with Navya than he usually is, he doesn't question it... 

Then again - we should give more weight-age to how many times he's repeated his query of whether he's making her mad, or annoying her, or being too pushy... and the likes. Its almost proof of his deep and distant understanding of the changed person he's become - but till she keeps being agreeable and letting him push her around his way, he'll never really come to question it seriously - I think... 

So for now, he's just enjoying this first of doing his own thing feeling in his life - and everyone who he's conversing with is all encouraging about it - Nimi, his friends, even Navya... so even if there was that tiny conscience trying to ebb its way up, it wont really succeed this way. As for Bhabhi and Shagun's repeated insinuations and mean remarks, he'll probably just brush them off as unwanted interference. The kind of hurdles one has to be aware and careful of, while having his side fun - just like when he told Navya they weren't committing a crime coming to his place together, then within seconds, he told her to come by herself... so he's just going to sidetrack them - they aren't important enough to him. He needs a real eye opener - his parents, or Navya... one of the two - to jerk him out of this new found high! 

My take on Anant there. It sort of explains his paradox existence. Where he gets all tongue tied and gets all chatty within seconds of difference. He's escaping the inevitable and impending, and he might be just just just aware of it - but he's pushed the cognizance too far away from himself at the moment to bother himself. But he does bother about her. The fact that he knows there is trouble in all this, and can be more, is evident from how he keeps checking on her end... not just in concern for her - but in unknowing awareness of what will eventually happen! 

Its funny that way - but personally I think many adolescent love stories are like that. You know them all the time, when you look back in retrospect, but in the middle of their making, the obvious just continues to evade you for the longest time...! And the reason i think Navya will come to realization sooner, is because she's not completely shutting herself off from the consequences of the change in her life, and her person. She lapses into temporary dazed phases when he's around and being his charming endearing self - but her reality checks are far more vivid at the moment... And Navya, in being Navya, is going to figure this out. Cause she just can't help but wreck her poor brain with persistent over time, thinking, thinking, and thinking some more ๐Ÿ˜†

phew!!! I do run on :| But these are interesting characters with potential. Like you, I have my apprehensions of their story in future being executed half baked, and that would be so unfortunate! But for now, I'll just be optimistic! ๐Ÿ˜† Its never too bad to be hopeful, yeh?! 
xx
JZee