India-Forums

Bhagonwali - Baante Apni Taqdeer
Bhagonwali - Baante Apni Taqdeer

In Praise of the Whole Bhagonwali Production

Aginaya69 Senior Member
Aginaya69
Aginaya69

Posted: 05 May 2011 at 1:16pm | IP Logged
i just can't resist saying this at this point.  after so many weeks (i started following the show just last march) of giving us a good show, i would like to praise the whole team that makes up bhagonwali.  this is going to be selective, and at random, on my part.

the casts -- i love the whole ensemble.  i mean, i know that the characters that draw the audience to the show are the two leads.  superb acting from the two.  and really, great on-screen chemistry, BTW.  himmanshoo's tall and masculine persona really complements the innocent, beautiful petiteness of nivedita.  for me, himmanshoo IS guddu sukla and nivedita IS runjhun sukla.  i also like the fact that the two actors are able to portray 3 dimensional characters.  himmanshoo, for all the roughness of guddu, portrays the soft, romantic side (and funny, to boot), while nivedita, for all her shyness, can really carry off a subtle sensuality, so becoming of a female coming of age. 

however, we must not forget how good the other actors are.  rita badhuri really shows the grace befitting a woman of her stature in the show.  and i still think that she carried the comic scenes pretty well (when she asked jabbo how his stomach was).  the mamas and the mamis, although they may get the ire of some viewers because of the malicious schemes that they hatch, really are the necessary foil to our two main characters. 

and let us not forget the side-kicks in the story.  kukkan and jabbo, you guys crack me up.  you are like the abbot and costelo.  even diamond, during his brief appearances, combines with kukkan and jabbo, make for a good three stooges.  at this point, i find the love-sick jabbo to be very endearing, and kukkan, being put in the middle of two couples (gunjhun and jabevi) does seem to be heading for a comedy of errors.  i agree with some fans here.  hope kukkan gets his own girl in the future.

and the director... great composition in the shots.  i will mention one in particular.  the day that the boss from IM was coming, and runjhun was going in to the store carrying the statue of the gods.  there was a point when the audience sees her walking, and in the background was the car of the guy from IM.  very good composition of shots there.  instead of panning the camera back and forth from runjhun to the car, you have runjhun superimposed on the image of the car. 

and the writers, really love how you guys are developing the story.  the truth is, the reason why it's so addicting to watch this show is because people can empathize with the situation of guddu and runjhun.  i mean, at this point, it's really a story between husband and wife.  of course, you throw in the dramatic and magic realistic elements, like runjhun is a bhagonwali, guddu is a thug, and they hated each other when they got married.  but outside of that, people can empathize with their situation because they are not behaving in any way alien to the viewers.  let me explain:

runjhun trying to change guddu:  this is so like being a wife.  i say that because i'm a wife too.  as women, we tend to think we can change our husbands for the better.  we know how they were before we married them, and even if we accepted them for who they are, we feel that we can make them better.  sometimes, wives tend to really impose their views.  hence, you have clashes between husband and wife.  i'm not saying this is a good thing or a bad thing.  i'm just saying that it is like this.  runjhun is not any different. 

guddu being egotistical:  this is so like being a husband.  remember, they have only been married for over a month (i'm not sure how long in soapland).  as a man, guddu is set in his ways.  he's going to be protective of that.  even if, in his time alone, he feels that his wife is right (and wives almost always are), he's not going to say that verbally.  it's like a tug-of-war during the first year of marriage.  the husband will never admit that the wife is right openly.  but he knows she is. 

the quarrel about runjhun doing all for amma, and guddu driving away:  so typical.  amma is like runjhun's mother, and as they are living under amma's house, it's the typical in-laws situation.  runjhun is trying to change guddu to fit in with her family.  very common among married couples.  and guddu driving away... this is so deja vue.  why do husbands, when they have arguments with their wives, always have to drive far, far away?  been there, and perhaps so have other married women in this forum.

so, as i've said, the situation between guddu and runjhun is very typical of husbands and wives.  and yet, as all good literature does, the writers are able to show what is typical, what is common in a new way by throwing in premises like runjhun being a bhagonwali, guddu is the local thug, and runjhun and guddu hated each other when they got married.  these things make the audience drawn to the show. 

just an end note:  guddu REALLY does love runjhun.  he doesn't have to verbalize it, even for the audience.  it's too obvious.  and he REALLY doesn't care about the challenge anymore.  if he did, this was the perfect opportunity for him to bail out.  but no.  he returns to runjhun, and even tells her he was back to drinking.  it's more like flame baiting on his part.  of course, the precap was telling.  BUT, he's not going to tell her.  his ego was hurt, and he's going to be guarded in showing her. 

on the other hand, it is runjhun and her feelings for guddu that will be pivotal in their relationship.  once she moves out of the amma comfort zone, and once she really, genuinely feels for guddu, then it would be heaven for all of us fans.

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

asharanidhingraYSK79gentle_geminiskamaniuzeeljcruzchinky80Julie0001HoneySucklePrabhkalluWafahgardesOmaRamdassbee5Infofan

Julie0001 Goldie
Julie0001
Julie0001

Posted: 05 May 2011 at 4:07pm | IP Logged
Hi Agin, you captured beautifully and elegantly the feelings that I too get from this show. Himanshoo has created a character in Guddu that is full of nuances and stark contradictions. He can go from cold rage to guilt to humor to warmth to deep love.  Runjhum is equally powerful as a character. As you say, she can have a mischievous twinkle, have a defeated look, look happy, look innocent and look determined. I love the shades of emotion here.

Thank you for the fantastic post

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

skamaniuzeeAginaya69chinky80Prabhkallu

chinky80 Goldie

Posted: 05 May 2011 at 5:40pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

skamaniuzeeAginaya69Prabhkallubee5

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index