India-Forums

Bhagonwali - Baante Apni Taqdeer
Bhagonwali - Baante Apni Taqdeer

Brilliant Parallels in Yesterday and Today

Julie0001 Goldie
Julie0001
Julie0001

Posted: 05 May 2011 at 9:46am | IP Logged

Yesterday Gardes asked a question of whether or not the Mamas/Mamis in this show are goons? Indeed they are.

Today's scenes were a mesmerizing parallel to what happened yesterday. Yesterday Guddu was hurt because Runjhun could not understand WHY he has to fight. In his eyes, he had to defend his honor. And as we have discussed, the way he looked to Runjhun for her support/scolding meant that he needed something from her. He may not really know what.  When all the Mammis were yelling at him, he just glared, but did not answer. Only to Runjhun he tried to explain that he is a human and that he must defend his honor. He is not a machine or puppet. He is his own person.

Today we see Runjhun being viciously attacked. While Guddu's public honor was insulted by the hoodlums, Mittho threatens Runjhun's lack of fundamental place and home. What Runjhun wants most is a home, or a place of her own. Mittho, unfairly attacks Runjhun in her weak spot.  Runjhun does not fight with her fists, but instead becomes robotic in her duty. Yes the machine imagery is there.  She keeps the pain inward and becomes just her role, whatever that is (niece, daughter, wife). Her face was picturized so well as she felt  so defeated. While Guddu does not accept defeat'and just gets angry at the world, Runjhun believes humiliation and defeat are part of the fabric of what she can expect in life. She just disappears in herself

Of course, when she goes into her bedroom (not her sanctuary as it should be) there is drunk Guddu. From Guddu she cannot at this point expect (nor does he give her) the care, love, importance, trust that she needs. Because he does not care about her efforts towards him/mobile store;  he is another person that cannot see her. He unfortunately seems just like everyone else ---In this scene he wants a wife/workhorse.

Guddu at this point wants from her a scolding, because that means she cares.  It is SOMETHING and their sparring is a way to communicate. When Guddu is challenged in the world, he strikes outward. He demands and he controls. That is what he was trying to do to Runjhun. He was goading her, trying to belittle her by forcing her into her duty, so that she would hopefully fight him and react. That is what he would do. If she reacts, then he would know that she was a person and there is something there for him  from her (whatever that is).  He wants not this robot, but the anger, the spark that is uniquely FOR HIM.

However he does not know that when Runjhun is attacked, she retreats and becomes a shell. Today she seemed an empty shell as she robotically agreed to everything that he said.  You could see Guddu wanting to communicate and Runjhun not believing that any communication could be possible with drunk Guddu.

It was heartbreaking to see Runjhun lying there so hurt today on the ground. She had been attacked by  both Guddu and Mammis/Mammas. Guddu  in his drunken wisdom does notice that she has not eaten. That is a large degree of care actually, especially since he is drunk. But the way he delivered it and his harsh rebuke later negates this for now.

Two days, two scenes that really tell us again that these characters are so far apart and need each other so so very much. As they lie there, the world seems to be between them and the awareness of each other keeps them tied to one another like a tether.  Brilliant scenes CV's

Edited by jpalagrawal - 05 May 2011 at 9:57am

The following 22 member(s) liked the above post:

baas-tvtanya12pearldesaiskamaniPink19Aginaya69ljcruzK__Suzeeptamomchinky80Prabhkallurouble_loverEcliPSe_2010rani2007edabellabhavni88gardesOmaRamdasssigridInfofanAreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 05 May 2011 at 9:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by jpalagrawal

Guddu at this point wants from her a scolding, because that means she cares.  It is SOMETHING and their sparring is a way to communicate. When Guddu is challenged in the world, he strikes outward. He demands and he controls. That is what he was trying to do to Runjhun. He was goading her, trying to belittle her by forcing her into her duty, so that she would hopefully fight him and react. That is what he would do. If she reacts, then he would know that she was a person and there is something there for him  from her (whatever that is).  He wants not this robot, but the anger, the spark that is uniquely FOR HIM.

However he does not know that when Runjhun is attacked, she retreats and becomes a shell. Today she seemed an empty shell as she robotically agreed to everything that he said.  You could see Guddu wanting to communicate and Runjhun not believing that any communication could be possible with drunk Guddu.

Very well written postClapClapClap I'm yet to watch the epi but I loved reading your description of the GR interactions and what is going through Guddu's mind at this point...

Especially the bit in bold is SO true...I've noticed him doing that in their previous interactions too...he enjoys goading her...sparring with her...it's sort of the basis of their bonding for him cuz like you said to him it shows she cares...even if he acts all cranky and irritated about it...somewhere he enjoys it and waits for it...but if she doesn't react, it confuses him...there's that lost child softer look that comes into his eyes that Himanshoo does so well...and so true that THAT side of Runjhun ONLY comes out FOR HIM...that is what makes for such interesting moments.

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

YSK79skamaniuzeeljcruzJulie0001Prabhkalluedabellagardesbhavni88Infofan

EcliPSe_2010 Goldie
EcliPSe_2010
EcliPSe_2010

Posted: 05 May 2011 at 1:01pm | IP Logged
It was indeed heartbreaking to watch her take in the abuse of Mittho.
R has shown to be a slave in that household.  All she does is cook, clean, etc.  These monstrous female things don't even cook for themselves!  
Since all her life R has lived a life of a slave to her M&M's, her psychology makeup is towards tolerance.   Her happiness and anything that is good in her life is represented by her AMMA.  But even Amma cannot save her from the EVIL that she is trapped in.  I feel her behavior to retreat inside herself stems from her slavelike upbringing.  The total contrast represented in both these characters in dealing with abusive situations in their lives is something for the CV' s to explore, because to have R's character as always accepting the abuse, etc of her evil M&M's is just too disturbing for me as a viewer esp. since we now live in a new century.  I really don't want to watch a Mahaan Runjhun.  I'd rather settle for a simple human Runjhun.  
I consider the M&M's worse than goons, they are simply EVIL monsters!

Edited by EcliPSe_2010 - 05 May 2011 at 1:01pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

uzeeJulie0001edabellaInfofan

pranganga Senior Member
pranganga
pranganga

Posted: 05 May 2011 at 1:27pm | IP Logged
Hi,
Wonderful analysis of yesterday's and today's episode.
In the beginning itself, we see guddu telling that she will come and give a big lecture. also he tells that even if she tells anything he has decided not to listen to whatever she says.
After he does so many actions so that runjun would say something (guddu is expecting her to say atleast that he is wrong).  It is a usual psychology, when we find someone important to us, we do expect them to say right or wrong about our actions, our decisions etc.  so is guddu expecting runjun to react and say something.  Her silence is even more disturbing him.  The intoxication is an added disturbance to guddu that he cannot do anything more so that he can make runjun say a word.  Knowingly or unknowingly, Guddu finds runjun is of some importance to him. He just cant stand her silence and accepting everything that he says.  this importance which he feels about runjun is making the show interesting.  

lets wait and watch.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

YSK79uzeeJulie0001edabellabhavni88Infofan

Julie0001 Goldie
Julie0001
Julie0001

Posted: 05 May 2011 at 4:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by EcliPSe_2010

It was indeed heartbreaking to watch her take in the abuse of Mittho.
R has shown to be a slave in that household.  All she does is cook, clean, etc.  These monstrous female things don't even cook for themselves!  
Since all her life R has lived a life of a slave to her M&M's, her psychology makeup is towards tolerance.   Her happiness and anything that is good in her life is represented by her AMMA.  But even Amma cannot save her from the EVIL that she is trapped in.  I feel her behavior to retreat inside herself stems from her slavelike upbringing.  The total contrast represented in both these characters in dealing with abusive situations in their lives is something for the CV' s to explore, because to have R's character as always accepting the abuse, etc of her evil M&M's is just too disturbing for me as a viewer esp. since we now live in a new century.  I really don't want to watch a Mahaan Runjhun.  I'd rather settle for a simple human Runjhun.  
I consider the M&M's worse than goons, they are simply EVIL monsters!

Hi Eclipse, Yes it is heartbreaking to watch Runjhun's pain. I can only imagine how hurt she may have been when Guddu asked her to sleep on the floor. After all, he promised to give her a place.
She asked  for one place. 
Just like her aunt reminded her that she has no place, Guddu (unintentionally) also told her that. Really the sadness in Runjhun's eyes and defeat as she took the floor was just too much today.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

K__Suzeerani2007edabellabhavni88Infofan

chinky80 Goldie

Posted: 05 May 2011 at 5:36pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Julie0001

Lucks IF-Rockerz
Lucks
Lucks

Posted: 06 May 2011 at 5:35am | IP Logged
very well said by  jpalagrawal G just want R's reaction,R's silence ne bechan kar diya hai G ko.I really feel sorry for both of them,actually both don't reliase what they are missing.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Julie0001

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 06 May 2011 at 8:41am | IP Logged
Finally getting to watch yesterday's epi...Just wanted to add that I loved Himanshoo's acting in the scene with Runjhun...lol...this was a different kind of drunk Guddu...very different from his usual loud, shouting avatar even when he's drunk...he was oddly quieter himself even as he kept asking her why she was talking in such a dead tone...this scene was sooo subtly handled and so wonderfully enacted...the writers, the actors, the director all deserve applause for thisClap

I loved how Guddu kept goading her and trying EVERY petulant trick he could to make her lecture him...lol...kept complaining under his breath that he hates her lectures but still wanting those lectures so badly...the way he gets disturbed when he doesn't get to hear her lectures...and the final touch...when he asks her why she's talking in such a dead tone and if she hasn't eaten all day and Runjhun mahatma devi retorts that she's kept a fast and won't eat till they make a sale...loll his reaction there...so fed up...there was just a very different dimension to Guddu yesterday...he was doing a lot of his typical Guddu-ish stuff yet there was some kind of tiredness/fatigue and a soft concern somewhere that was showing in his eyes and his tone too...I loved watching that mix of paradoxes unfold. When these two play off each other like this in their scenes...that is what makes for the most entertainment in this show.

Edited by nureat01 - 06 May 2011 at 8:41am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

YSK79Julie0001

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index