TB/indya.com: Aamir-Sanjee rock DLMH dancefloor

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Aamir Ali and Sanjeeda perform in Dhoond Legi...

Thursday, May 05, 2011 | 2:09:47 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    0 Comments
Aamir Ali and Sanjeeda perform in Dhoond Legi...

Aamir Ali Malik and Sanjeeda Shaikh graced the occasion of Abhishek and Gauri's wedding in Star One's Dhoondh Legi Manzil Humein...

Edited by Armu4eva - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Armu4eva thumbnail

Aamir-Sanjeeda to rock the dance floor

The celebrations of Abhishek (Deepak Wadhwa) and Gauri's (Sheetal Dabholkar) wedding have begun in STAR One's Dhoondh Legi Manzil Humein.

The popular real-life couple Aamir Ali and Sanjeeda Sheikh will make an appearance in the show, and shake a leg to hit numbers from the upcoming movie Ready, on the occasion of Abhishek and Gauri's wedding. Aamir Ali and the bridegroom Abhishek reveal the plans for the celebrations in store.

Abhishek aka Deepak Wadhwa talks about his upcoming nuptials.

How was it shooting with Aamir and Sanjeeda?
It was very good. There were a total of four songs; they performed on two, and we joined them during the third song. The last song was a group performance by the Dhoondh Legi Manzil Humein team.

What did you think of their performance?
There are amazing dancers, and their performance was superb.

Was your performance rehearsed or impromptu?
We got to rehearse for just 20 minutes before the shoot, but I am happy with the way the sequence turned out.

Can you share some off-screen fun moments from the shoot?
The best part about the shoot was that it took place on a hillstation. The view was amazing, and everyone from the cast and crew enjoyed themselves. Even after the shoot, all of us continued to dance, and the energy levels were amazing.

Have you decided to leave the past behind and accept Gauri as your wife? Do you still miss Nandini?
I have decided to move on in life, but yes, I still love Nandini. I don't know if I will be able to give Gauri the respect that she deserves.

What can we expect next in the show?
Watch out for the haldi ceremony. That was again a memorable shoot. The haldi was supposed to be applied on me, but I made sure that I put some on Alka and Chander too. We then spotted our onscreen mom Savitri standing in one corner, and smeared her with haldi too. The whole experience felt like we were celebrating Holi with haldi.

Fabulous dancer Aamir Ali enjoyed himself and the songs that he grooved to. Here's what he had to say about the fun sequence.

Tell us something about your performance?
It was fun performing with Sanjeeda on the latest chartbusters Character Dheela Hai and Dhinka Chika from Salman Khan's upcoming film, Ready.

How is your look in the dance sequence?
The look is Indian. I can describe it as fresh, stylish, and fun.

Did you interact with the cast of Dhoondh Legi Manzil Humein?
Yes, Sanjeeda and I interacted with the cast after the shoot of our song sequences, but just for a few minutes.

How was the experience of shooting with the team?
It was fun shooting with them. The best part was that we travelled to Pune, and the shoot took place at a beautiful resort that was on a hill.

What comes to mind when you think of a royal wedding?
Everyone is still talking about Prince William and Kate Middleton's wedding. Surely, that is the wedding which comes to my mind too.

Which are your favourite shows on STAR One?
My favourite show on STAR One used to be Dill Mill Gayye.

What did you like about Sanjeeda's dance performance?
I feel that Sanjeeda is the best package of beauty, dancing skills and elegance. She is simply the best.

Which is your all-time favourite Sanjeeda performance?
I think her fans should answer this one. I love all her performances, and it is very difficult to pick just one of them.

Sanjeeda Sheikh, who dazzled the world with her beauty and dance, is thrilled to be part of such a grand celebration. She shares her experience.

Tell us something about your performance?
I love the songs Character Dheela Hai and Dhinka Chika. They are so cool. Normally, I get the chance to dance on songs after the release of the movie, but this time it was different. I had a blast because I love dancing, and secondly, because I was dancing with my boyfriend Aamir. I have had a long and strong association with STAR One, as I have done two shows with the channel - Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka and Jaane Pehchaane Se Yeh Ajnabi. So working for STAR One is like working for my family.

What would you say about you look in the dance sequence?
My look is Indian. I am wearing a beautiful blue outfit.

Did you interact with the cast of Dhoond Legi Manzil Humein?
We did not get enough time to spend with the cast, as our portions with them were limited. Moreover, Aamir and I shot our songs at about 2 AM, so everyone was either tired or busy rehearsing their songs, and we did not want to disturb them. I have to say they are very sweet and positive people.

How was the experience of shooting with the team?
I was not aware that Dhoond Legi Manzil Humein is shot in Pune. Aamir and I were wondering why we were called to Pune for the song sequence. When we reached the venue, we realized that the show is always shot there, which is a nice thing. Normally, we shoot in studios in Mumbai. This was fun, since it was an outdoor shoot.

What comes to mind when you think of a royal wedding?
The recent royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton comes to my mind. Personally, I don't think I would enjoy a royal wedding. I would prefer a peaceful one.

Have you seen the show?
I have seen a bit of it.

Which are your favourite shows on STAR One?
I used to love Dill Mill Gayye a lot. STAR One is the only channel for whom I have worked twice. I would love to work with the channel again because its shows are so youthful, and it makes me feel young all the time.

Natasha Coutinho/Hill Road Media
Friday, May 06, 2011
http://www.starone.in/news/1700/aamirsanjeeda-to-rock-the-dance-floor.aspx 
Thanks Tanu! This is a sweet article! Loved reading their views! Can't wait to watch the performance tonight!
Tanu, I just noticed you are colored Red!! Aww! Congrats dear and welcome to the world of updates and coolbies! 😃
minaz296 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
thanks for the article ðŸ˜Š