Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Rani Mukherjee & Vishal Bhardwaj at Mafia Queens

ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago

Rani Mukherjee & Vishal Bhardwaj at the boom launch of Mafia Queens of Mumbai

Mumbai, 4th May 2011: Landmark hosted the launch of the enthralling book Mafia Queens of Mumbai written by one of India's leading Crime Journalists, Hussain Zaidi.

Television industry producer Ekta Kapoor and actress Rani Mukherjee launched the book while Filmmaker Vishal Bharadwaj interacted with author and crime journalist Hussain Zaidi.

Smuggling, gun-running, drugs, terrorism — for many decades, Mumbai has lived under the shadow of the underworld. Dawood Ibrahim, Karim Lala, Varadarajan Mudaliar: these are names that any Indian would recognize. Analyzed in print, immortalized on film, their lives, their gangs, their 'businesses' are out there for anyone who wants the information.

But, there have been women, too, who have been part of this murky side of the city, walking alongside, sometimes leading and manipulating men in the underworld to run their own illegal businesses. Here, for the first time, crime journalists S. Hussain Zaidi and Jane Borges explore the lives of some of these women, and how, in cold blood, they were able to make their way up in what was certainly a man's world.

From Kamathipura to Dongri, from assassins to molls, this is a collection that tells the stories of women who have become legends in Mumbai's streets, lanes and back-alleys. Absorbingly told, impeccably researched, Mafia Queens of Mumbai reveals a side of Mumbai's underworld that has never been seen before.

About The Author
S. Hussain Zaidi is considered one of the leading crime journalists in the country. He is the author of the bestselling Black Friday: The True Story of the Bombay Bomb Blasts and is currently the resident editor of The Asian Age, Mumbai. Jane Borges too is a journalist with The Asian Age, Mumbai.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Abbyviv thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Ekta 🤢

Rani looks so cute tho!!
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I dont even know whether it was posted or not😆
gossipgurls thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Rani looks lovely ... ahhh ekta and her ugly shoes..oh btw looks like she lost sum weight, i hope she losses those shoes as well.
Abbyviv thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Oh God, I didn't notice the shoes, thanks for pointing that out .. double🤢🤢

dont worry ruky, havent seen this before thnx for sharing it :)

Rani once said she doesn't like reading books...anyway, that's not the point. For a moment, I thought she was signing a film with Vishal named Mafia Queen and I got very excited. 😆

Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
omg she looks like a cutiepie 😆

love the braids

thanks ruky!
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Rani looks good. I like her sari and her hair. Nice change from the typical hair we see in actress. We never see stars braiding their hair.
mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
Ekta looks horrible! Rani looks cute