Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

The worst film in recent times? (Page 2)

Gauahargeous_N IF-Stunnerz
Gauahargeous_N
Gauahargeous_N

Posted: 05 May 2011 at 3:52pm | IP Logged
TMK... worst movie of all time!!!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Abbyvivhindu4lyfIHeartDeepika.

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 05 May 2011 at 3:56pm | IP Logged
I actually quite liked 7 khoon maaf..it had me hooked till the end!

Forget recent times, the worst film I've EVER watched has got to be TMK. I sat there for the whole film thinking..ok this is going to get better now. I waited till the second half and then I literally wanted to bang my head against a wall. That was a REALLY REALLY bad film! What in God's name was Akshay Kumar thinking taking upon such a film? It gave much such a bad headache..I think I laughed maybe just once in the film and that too was a forced laugh. Katrina is pretty, not going to deny it but she just can't act. Yes, she was playing the role of someone who didn't have much sense but she was still really bad. So SKJ was the song of the year along with Munni but that according to me is the only thing that went right in that terrible film. 

Btw the only reason the film did well is because they barely spent anything on the film. No expensive sets, no shooting in London, US etc..just some village and so it was a safe bet as they were always going to recover their money..especially given the time the movie released with no real competition. 

Looking forward to films like Delhi Belly, Munnabhai Chale Amreeka, Dhoom 3 with Aamir etc. It's sad that no-one really makes pure entertaining Bollywood films anymore like DDLJ, KKHH, K3G etc. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Anjaani-

-Anjaani- IF-Rockerz
-Anjaani-
-Anjaani-

Posted: 05 May 2011 at 4:05pm | IP Logged
The worst movie is  tees maar khan, it was supposed to be funny no, but it wasn't! EVRYTHING ABOUT THIS MOVIE WAS JSUT TERRIBLE: story, acing by leads, music, etc, the only saving grace was Akshay khanaSmile

hindu4lyf

IHeartDeepika. IF-Sizzlerz
IHeartDeepika.
IHeartDeepika.

Posted: 05 May 2011 at 4:32pm | IP Logged

Tees Maar Khan, definitely!

Xiahtic-5 IF-Stunnerz
Xiahtic-5
Xiahtic-5

Posted: 05 May 2011 at 4:41pm | IP Logged
Well u can dat abt Raavan bt i think 7 khoon Maaf well the movie wasnt good bt i think Priyanka did flawless job i mean waow really like her in it

i havent seem TMK so i cant comment on it

Bt abt Golmaal 3 well i think dat movie was good not super duper good but the movie made people laugh the comedy was great

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Anjaani-.khoobsurat.

U-No-Poo IF-Sizzlerz
U-No-Poo
U-No-Poo

Posted: 05 May 2011 at 4:59pm | IP Logged
What is 7KM doing there? It's a bad film because it seemingly lacked the kind of 'action' that a psychological thriller should have? frankly, it creeped me out to see a woman sadistically indulge in cold-blooded murders just because she enjoyed them. I wonder whether he would have had the same opinion of the film had it been a hit? 

-Anjaani-

smarie IF-Rockerz

Posted: 05 May 2011 at 6:24pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

NuktaacheenletitgoKim75TallyHo.khoobsurat.ruky786

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 06 May 2011 at 2:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by smartie_pants

well lets call spade a spade...every "hit" in the history of cinema had something which connected with the audience, something which entertained them, something which made them involved into the proceedings...

an immensely offensive pak-bashing gadar was a massive hit...why?? maybe ppl liked watching sunny deol, maybe they liked the OTT screaming and the action, maybe they LIKED watching him bash ppl up with a handpump...who cares if it makes sense or not?? as long as ppl are ready to spend their money on the movie?????

similarly with all the golmaals and tees maar khans...yes they are stupid, yes some ppl didnt find them funny...but the MAJORITY did...and thts wht matters at the end of the day...its the entertainment business...the end question is : can u make atleast 80% of the audience WANT to watch ur film for the 2.5 hours?? i know tht dosent qualify it as a good film...but we have to give merit where its due because these films atleast managed to fulfil their basic purpose... entertaining the majority. 

a common man dosent care much for layered characters, wonderful camerawork, haunting background score, the directors vision and all those intricacies. All they care about, is whether they got their money's worth or not. which is why, despite all the wonderful performances and gr8 technical detailing of films like raavan, guzaarish and saat khoon maaf...the general audience prefer a dabangg or an om shanti om...because they are what i would call "paisa vasool" entertainment. are they silly, YES...are they ridiculous, YES...are they also incredibly fun and entertaining? HELL YES. 
but with the former films...are they beautifuly made? YES, are they high on artistic merit, YES...are they entertaining the majority? urm...NOPE. 

@bold:I don't think that's true at all. Majority of people I know who saw TMK absolutely hated it and I cannot say I blame them. Is it even possible to connect with a film like TMK? Personally I couldn't connect with even 1% of any of the characters portrayed in that movie but like someone mentioned above, Akshaye Khanna did a good job although unfortunately it wasn't enough to make my cinematic experience any better. I really regret going to watch the film despite having a free ticket to watch it. Like I mentioned already this film was ALWAYS going to be a hit. When you barely spend anything on a film, have Fahrah Khan promoting the film, have an extremely catchy item song along with Barbie Doll Katrina Kaif who may not know acting but knows how to look pretty along with the perfect release date then you've automatically got yourself a hit. Although it may have got the majority to come and watch the film..I strongly disagree that it successfully managed to entertain the majority.

Gadar was pak bashing? I haven't seen the film in a very long time but I don't remember it being 'pak-bashing' while watching it although I could be wrong.

Regarding your last para..true but it's sad that the Bollywood audience is not yet ready to truly appreciate all of that. It's the reason why films like Dhobi Ghat simply can't work in Bollywood despite the fact that I think it was a great film because the audience aren't willing to accept just a documentary..they want a proper ending, a happy sappy romantic story where the hero and heroine are deeply in love. I do however see that changing in recent times and it's why we get an opportunity to see so many films dealing with so many different subjects lately. I really do wish Bollywood would stop making idiotic films like Action Replayy..at least films like Golmaal made me laugh a few times! I still don't understand why most people liked Dabaang and why it was a super hit because it seemed like a really bad rip off of some Hollywood action film but I still think TMK was one of the worst films Bollywood has seen.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Anjaani-U-No-Poo

Go to top