Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Anjaani- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
The worst movie is  tees maar khan, it was supposed to be funny no, but it wasn't! EVRYTHING ABOUT THIS MOVIE WAS JSUT TERRIBLE: story, acing by leads, music, etc, the only saving grace was Akshay khana๐Ÿ˜Š
IHeartDeepika thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Tees Maar Khan, definitely!

Xiahtic-5 thumbnail
Well u can dat abt Raavan bt i think 7 khoon Maaf well the movie wasnt good bt i think Priyanka did flawless job i mean waow really like her in it

i havent seem TMK so i cant comment on it

Bt abt Golmaal 3 well i think dat movie was good not super duper good but the movie made people laugh the comedy was great
U-No-Poo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
What is 7KM doing there? It's a bad film because it seemingly lacked the kind of 'action' that a psychological thriller should have? frankly, it creeped me out to see a woman sadistically indulge in cold-blooded murders just because she enjoyed them. I wonder whether he would have had the same opinion of the film had it been a hit? 
well lets call spade a spade...every "hit" in the history of cinema had something which connected with the audience, something which entertained them, something which made them involved into the proceedings...

an immensely offensive pak-bashing gadar was a massive hit...why?? maybe ppl liked watching sunny deol, maybe they liked the OTT screaming and the action, maybe they LIKED watching him bash ppl up with a handpump...who cares if it makes sense or not?? as long as ppl are ready to spend their money on the movie?????

similarly with all the golmaals and tees maar khans...yes they are stupid, yes some ppl didnt find them funny...but the MAJORITY did...and thts wht matters at the end of the day...its the entertainment business...the end question is : can u make atleast 80% of the audience WANT to watch ur film for the 2.5 hours?? i know tht dosent qualify it as a good film...but we have to give merit where its due because these films atleast managed to fulfil their basic purpose... entertaining the majority. 

a common man dosent care much for layered characters, wonderful camerawork, haunting background score, the directors vision and all those intricacies. All they care about, is whether they got their money's worth or not. which is why, despite all the wonderful performances and gr8 technical detailing of films like raavan, guzaarish and saat khoon maaf...the general audience prefer a dabangg or an om shanti om...because they are what i would call "paisa vasool" entertainment. are they silly, YES...are they ridiculous, YES...are they also incredibly fun and entertaining? HELL YES. 
but with the former films...are they beautifuly made? YES, are they high on artistic merit, YES...are they entertaining the majority? urm...NOPE. 

Edited by smartie_pants - 12 years ago
hindu4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: smartie_pants

well lets call spade a spade...every "hit" in the history of cinema had something which connected with the audience, something which entertained them, something which made them involved into the proceedings...

an immensely offensive pak-bashing gadar was a massive hit...why?? maybe ppl liked watching sunny deol, maybe they liked the OTT screaming and the action, maybe they LIKED watching him bash ppl up with a handpump...who cares if it makes sense or not?? as long as ppl are ready to spend their money on the movie?????

similarly with all the golmaals and tees maar khans...yes they are stupid, yes some ppl didnt find them funny...but the MAJORITY did...and thts wht matters at the end of the day...its the entertainment business...the end question is : can u make atleast 80% of the audience WANT to watch ur film for the 2.5 hours?? i know tht dosent qualify it as a good film...but we have to give merit where its due because these films atleast managed to fulfil their basic purpose... entertaining the majority. 

a common man dosent care much for layered characters, wonderful camerawork, haunting background score, the directors vision and all those intricacies. All they care about, is whether they got their money's worth or not. which is why, despite all the wonderful performances and gr8 technical detailing of films like raavan, guzaarish and saat khoon maaf...the general audience prefer a dabangg or an om shanti om...because they are what i would call "paisa vasool" entertainment. are they silly, YES...are they ridiculous, YES...are they also incredibly fun and entertaining? HELL YES. 
but with the former films...are they beautifuly made? YES, are they high on artistic merit, YES...are they entertaining the majority? urm...NOPE. 

@bold:I don't think that's true at all. Majority of people I know who saw TMK absolutely hated it and I cannot say I blame them. Is it even possible to connect with a film like TMK? Personally I couldn't connect with even 1% of any of the characters portrayed in that movie but like someone mentioned above, Akshaye Khanna did a good job although unfortunately it wasn't enough to make my cinematic experience any better. I really regret going to watch the film despite having a free ticket to watch it. Like I mentioned already this film was ALWAYS going to be a hit. When you barely spend anything on a film, have Fahrah Khan promoting the film, have an extremely catchy item song along with Barbie Doll Katrina Kaif who may not know acting but knows how to look pretty along with the perfect release date then you've automatically got yourself a hit. Although it may have got the majority to come and watch the film..I strongly disagree that it successfully managed to entertain the majority.

Gadar was pak bashing? I haven't seen the film in a very long time but I don't remember it being 'pak-bashing' while watching it although I could be wrong.

Regarding your last para..true but it's sad that the Bollywood audience is not yet ready to truly appreciate all of that. It's the reason why films like Dhobi Ghat simply can't work in Bollywood despite the fact that I think it was a great film because the audience aren't willing to accept just a documentary..they want a proper ending, a happy sappy romantic story where the hero and heroine are deeply in love. I do however see that changing in recent times and it's why we get an opportunity to see so many films dealing with so many different subjects lately. I really do wish Bollywood would stop making idiotic films like Action Replayy..at least films like Golmaal made me laugh a few times! I still don't understand why most people liked Dabaang and why it was a super hit because it seemed like a really bad rip off of some Hollywood action film but I still think TMK was one of the worst films Bollywood has seen.
qwww thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thank God films are not made just for the majority  or the audience that Mr Sen sampled! Bollywood would be so one dimensional and boring if the majority got its way.
youknowme thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
TMK
The opening credits alone, which featured that baby pole dancing on its own umbilical cord  while surrounded by scantily clad Ukranians guarantee it dishonorable mention.
-Anjaani- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: youknowme

TMK

The opening credits alone, which featured that baby pole dancing on its own umbilical cord  while surrounded by scantily clad Ukranians guarantee it dishonorable mention.

๐Ÿ˜†
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
The worst film is def TMK. And about entertainment wise, TMK entertained people with SKJ. While with 7 koon maaf, I don't think the audience enjoyed that either. Both films at the end of the day, did nothing for the audience. But yes of course there are some people who liked TMK and there are some who liked 7 koon maaf, but the majority didn't like both of these films. That's why both didn't do well. Just because 7 koon maaf is an art film doesn't make it any better than TMK or Golmaals. I personally enjoyed watching G3 than 7 koon maaf. Obviously the majority ppl did too, that's why it was a huge hit!

Did Suzanna actually enjoyed killing her husbands? Because I totally missed that. And thats one of the reasons why I didn't like the film, because I didn't understand her motive to kill. I didn't connect with this film or TMK either.