Bhagonwali - Baante Apni Taqdeer

Is there a difference in what...

gardes thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
...Guddu did yesterday with the goons and what Mama and Mamis do everyday with Amma and Runjhun or any others they encounter in their lives - physical, verbal and emotional abuse?

I started to rewatch yesterday's episode because Himanshu played up Guddu really well and the dynamics between Runjhun and Guddu were terrific.  A few seconds into the fight scene the M & Ms, scared of the fight, get up and get into their territory.  Today, the 3 pairs of evil were rejoicing because Guddu and Runjhun are having difficulties and their business is suffering.

It got me thinking about the M & Ms and Guddu and comparing their actions.

Is Guddu much worse than the M & Ms?  What is he doing that is so bad or that different from the M & Ms?

Not taking into account that Runjhun wants to "reform" her husband, at least what Guddu does is overt, out in the open and does not hide behind the curtain of sharafat (respectability).  His emotions are on his fingertips.  Whenever there is oppression/injustice, Guddu takes on who-so-ever and sides with the underdog.

What the Mamas and the Mamis do is underhanded, devious, and more harmful to their opponent - emotionally and psychologically.  But they do it under the guise of respectability, from their mansion, using saccharine-sweetness.  Big time business people, lawyer.

Personally I think I would rather face the likes of Guddus of this world than the M & Ms.  At least I would know where I stand with the Guddus of this world.  With the M & Ms?  No trust!

Your thoughts?

Edited by gardes - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Agreed.. completely... Anyday G is better than M & Ms...
Wafah thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Gardes,

I think on a subconscious level this must bother Guddu as well, because she always stands up against him for her mamas and mamis. The samosa incident for one. She seems to take their side or not even speak up but Guddu she seems to have no qualms. I too feel that Guddu is ten times much better than the mamas and mamis. His anger, his rebuke is out on the open, he doesn't hide his anger or ill-will under the cloak of pretension or false sincerity. You can tell where you stand with him, good or bad, but if the mamas and mamis can turn against their own with a blow of their wind what makes them any better.

Would the mamas and mamis have rushed to save some random kid off the road? I think Runjhun recognized that, and she does see that his heart is in the right place. The problem lies in the fact that she should stop comparing or try to reform him into the person she thinks Amma would like. It is true he needs to control his anger. The mamas and mamis can use that against him, they've used it against Runjhun before, and have used it to break the relationship between Guddu and Runjhun, but other than that, despite his anger, he's been brought up in a tough world, and he's learned to survive in that manner.

Personally, I'd rather face the Guddu's of the world too rather than the mamas and mamis of the world. They know that they can't be trusted and hence can not trust anyone else...
Julie0001 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Great question Gardes.

I think that Runjhun does not yet consider Guddu to be family to her. As the scene today said, she still sees her Mamas and Mamis as her relation. Unfortunately, I think in her heart she has not accepted Guddu as her relation.  That is one side...

On the other hand, I think that she sees Guddu as subconsciously more than her relation, but her other half. She sets the  same standards for him that she has for herself. She wants their married life to be on the path of righteousness. She has no such expectations for her aunts and uncles. But I think that in some strange way she want Guddu to be her equal, so that she can have a partner in life. It may be that Guddu is the partner she needs and does not know it.

Theoretically, I would want  to meet Guddu, but ok seriously if  I'm walking down a dark alley, um hello, I would not want meet scary angry Guddu with the blank eyes full of hate and rage. I would rather meet Billo and  have some hopes of talking my way out of the trap she had for me.

Edited by jpalagrawal - 12 years ago
LoveGuddu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Agreeing with you guys...

Guddu is bad but the Mamas & Mamis are EVIL...that's the different...

Guddu attack you from the front but the M&M attack you from behind...

I prefer Guddu...What you see is what you get...the M&M...well they are like a labyrinth...you just can't find the exit...

bee5 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: gardes

...Guddu did yesterday with the goons and what Mama and Mamis do everyday with Amma and Runjhun or any others they encounter in their lives - physical, verbal and emotional abuse?

I started to rewatch yesterday's episode because Himanshu played up Guddu really well and the dynamics between Runjhun and Guddu were terrific.  A few seconds into the fight scene the M & Ms, scared of the fight, get up and get into their territory.  Today, the 3 pairs of evil were rejoicing because Guddu and Runjhun are having difficulties and their business is suffering.

It got me thinking about the M & Ms and Guddu and comparing their actions.

Is Guddu much worse than the M & Ms?  What is he doing that is so bad or that different from the M & Ms?

Not taking into account that Runjhun wants to "reform" her husband, at least what Guddu does is overt, out in the open and does not hide behind the curtain of sharafat (respectability).  His emotions are on his fingertips.  Whenever there is oppression/injustice, Guddu takes on who-so-ever and sides with the underdog.

What the Mamas and the Mamis do is underhanded, devious, and more harmful to their opponent - emotionally and psychologically.  But they do it under the guise of respectability, from their mansion, using saccharine-sweetness.  Big time business people, lawyer.

Personally I think I would rather face the likes of Guddus of this world than the M & Ms.  At least I would know where I stand with the Guddus of this world.  With the M & Ms?  No trust!

Your thoughts?

(Read it in Mehmood Style)
Kyaaa ji .. tume bhi naa ...kuch bhi likthe ho ji .. 
Kahan se isstart kiyan aur kahan laake rokhaan ji ...
tume bhi naa ji... 
kaise ji, aap Guddu ko un gaye-guzre mama-mamiyon se kaise ji compare kar rahen ho ji ...
ek aur baar Guddu ko un logon se compare kiya toh sar pe hatoida padenga ji ... 

haan hatoida parcel karungi ji yahan se ...(with love)😆

LOL😆

Wafah said it all .. nothing more to add. ðŸ˜Š

choti_rani thumbnail
@ gardes

Sorry I'm a silent reader in this forum and i recently got hooked to the show and I read your post and I had to reply. Your analysis is right on target. These people are definitely worse because like you said what Guddu does he does out in the open. And what Guddu gives are physical scars that might disappear and heal, but the M and M's give stay with you for a lifetime. I would definitely say the latter is worse because they are the worst to try and heal. It is awful. 
Etna_Dia thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
  The M&M are pure evil, they tried to kill their Amma! No matter how many people Guddu will beat up or how much money he will still, this is nothing compering to trying to kill your own mother and what is worst they show no remorse!
bee5 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: bee5

tume bhi naa ji... 
kaise ji, aap Guddu ko un gaye-guzre mama-mamiyon se kaise ji compare kar rahen ho ji ...

LOL😆

..further to add 1 more thing that 1 missed -

Shukr hai kudha kaa... ki aapni ye nahin likha, ki Guddu henpecked hai ... Pandey mama log apni patniyon ko khush karne ke liye sab kuch karte hain .. aur Guddu bhi apni patni ko khush karne ke liye kyaa nahin karta ... ðŸ˜‰ðŸ˜†
LoveGuddu thumbnail
Originally posted by bee

tume bhi naa ji... 

LOL😆

..further to add 1 more thing that 1 missed -

Shukr hai kudha kaa... ki aapni ye nahin likha, ki Guddu henpecked hai ... Pandey mama log apni patniyon ko khush karne ke liye sab kuch karte hain .. aur Guddu bhi apni patni ko khush karne ke liye kyaa nahin karta ... ðŸ˜‰ðŸ˜†

@ Bee...Could you please translate the red ...for the zero Hindi speaking...ME

The only word I recognise is Guddu...😆