Pavitra Rishta

The Morality Police

Poll

Should we have all chrs for voting on sotd?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
SaffyFlower thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

PR is at crossroads now where the leads are doing 1 right and 1 wrong,well lo and behold,what do I see😉

Archu feels guilty for breaking a promise unknowingly and trying to compensate, has apologized for it.
In a reinforced perceived notion of having caused a loss,she tried to give away an unborn baby for adoption that she has a right over,only partly.Here asking forgiveness for a mistake done, made her exceptional as an individual for appreciation
(only by those who have the capability to appreciate the importance of begging for forgiveness for having wronged another individual,
of course).But by trying to compensate with what she does not have full right over,she tried to do injustice to the father of the child.

After taking abuse over abuse from her MIL and her Souten,just for the sake of the health of an unborn baby sachu,
this time Archu did not even think for a moment before making the offer of her baby to Varsha for adoption.

She has sacrificed herself to deliver justice to others,but now she considered that her status of motherhood, gave her the right to sacrifice her child, because the baby is inside her body,an extension of herself.

She scored as an individual but failed in her role play as a mother 

Manav shone as an exceptional father and showed how much he cared for his yet-to-be-born child - of the innumerable times his mother has given dhakka to Archu,he chose to protect her instead of standing on the side and saying for the nth time 'yeh kya kar rahee hai aaai',
gave the sternest reply back,and walked out of his house,when the dhakka came on her being preggy,to safeguard his child from even the slightest of harm.He is leaving no stone unturned now to give his family the safest and best possible life.

But in that fervor,he told her a conscious lie that she had not done any mistake towards her sister,when he clearly knows she broke a promise.He cud tell her
that she is absolved of the promise bcoz she apologized,instead he chose to assure her she had made no mistake at all.
For a man who refused to break a promise he had given 2 yrs ago,and was crying asking God for a miracle instead of doing something about it himself,during the reunion -
he does not for a moment even,admit that she did not keep up a promise she had given.Because Manav is a pacifist.In order to pacify her guilty feelings,he told a lie.
The role of bringing a baby to life as a father,is more important to him now than that of an individual whose concern is of ethics in keeping up a promise.

Can a promise be broken?Yes of course,because it is only a contractual obligation,and if terms and conditions regarding mutual fulfillment of ethical practice from both parties,is not kept,then it can broken.

Here Archu had no such reason to cite when they were at the orphanage .
Manav scored in his role play as a father,but failed as an individual.

Are mothers who send their children to the army during a war,pathetic mothers,because
they are sending their sons to a near-certain death situation?Shud'nt they care about the lives of their sons?what if the mother dint want to send but the father did?

When does the  role as an individual become more important than the role play as a mother,wife,bro,sis,father,friend etc.?
Or the vice versa? is it possible to do justice to both all the time?
Is life itself full of roleplays though,some not obviously defined?Like the role of a citizen

votes - 45 for Manav vs 47 for Archu?
Who deserved to win sotd-the individual or the role play?
If Archu shud not be nominated,why shud Manav be?

Articulation is merely a skill.But conviction is not.SOTD is a one click conviction button for me.But conviction can be from a combination of many virtues -honesty, integrity,bravery,kindness,generosity,pleasantness,love,happiness,beauty etc.

Yet there is no set std for virtue that is possibly acceptable to all to define voting.

As a voter, to those who were trying to take away my right to choice for voting in sotd-
Law and order needs to be policed.But everything else is a matter of perspective.
Disagree,agree,reasoning,excuse,shock,blasphemy,whatever - is just over speculation or articulation,which nobody can certify.
Trying to control Convictions by force,is like Communism to me,not only against those who articulate but more so against those who did not write even a word.

Can we be a democracy by everybody's choice?If a few don't want democracy,how should we reason with them??

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Tanyaz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
saffy ,I agree with you that Archana should not have said what she said to Varsha that day ...
She did fail as a mother at that point ...
And the baby is not hers only ...

In this current track , I am liking Manav a lot more and this is because of the love and attatchment he is showing for his baby ..The hone wala baby is much more daddy's baby than mummy's baby ...
Edited by Tanyaz - 12 years ago
archanamanav thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
hey saffy...😊..i chose guruji has the right option..i think she can only choose 10...so all character may be not possible at times..

Tanyaz thumbnail
actually the day I started SOTD , the only person I consulted regarding the nomination list was Kool ...I asked her on what basis should put down the nominations ..I respect her opinion a lot ..
She told me that I should   chose on the basis of dialogues ..not about who is right or who is wrong but on the basis of dialogues ...

That made a lot of sense to me because again as I always say , my thinking of someone as right or wrong could be subjective and another person may think differently ...so best to just put down those who spoke th most and were significant i nthe show ...Of course I am sure I do goof up somethimes ...
Kool has always advised me very well...

One person who I have nominated , despite of him not saying a word is I think only sachu ...just couldn't help it , he is so damn cute ...🤗,I am sure nobody minds that ...

However I do sometimes make changes ...like today savita's friend only spoke little but Manju was saying a lot more ..But between them I nominated savita's frind because I wan tto be fair to the group who sympathises with savita and I thought that lady said something  they would like to hear ...so I nominated her ...

--Hope-- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Saffy:

I genuinely cannot determine from reading your topic if you wish to start a mature responsible discussion on the issue or if you have passed judgment on the likes of me prematurely and quite harshly based on the suggestive title of your post "The Morality Police" and the suggestion that my views might negate democracy (where even opponents have a voice) and even the possible suggestion that the views could promote autocracy or communism?

I am strongly leaning towards the latter based on some very obvious positioning in your topic above.

I tried to have a calm discussion with Tanya on this issue on the SOTD thread the other day and Tanya replied in an equally calm vein.  I do not remember using offensive language or heckling anyone. All my comments were addressed to the Owner of the thread, rightfully.  Somehow the thread was reported and the mods stepped in and called the discussion an argument.  I still haven't figured that one out. You see my timing was awful. I started the discussion on the night I left on a three day trip with no ready access to internet.  I was not able to respond to Tanya's or Resham's post before I left. When I came back the thread was closed.

It has been my experience that whenever the nomination issue has been discussed it is reported. Any discussion.  I would caution you as this too might be reported.  The reporting part seems to be the democracy the discussing part is not.  I would hate to have everyone apologize for the likes of me to Tanya for having tested her emotionally with constant badgery.  I cannot apologize for discussing or sharing my frank views if I have not used offensive language.  I am confident and you can rest assured that no matter what the results of this poll, SOTD will remain the same fundamentally.

Hope

--Hope-- thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Tanyaz

actually the day I started SOTD , the only person I consulted regarding the nomination list was Kool ...I asked her on what basis should put down the nominations ..I respect her opinion a lot ..

She told me that I should   chose on the basis of dialogues ..not about who is right or who is wrong but on the basis of dialogues ...

That made a lot of sense to me because again as I always say , my thinking of someone as right or wrong could be subjective and another person may think differently ...so best to just put down those who spoke th most and were significant i nthe show ...Of course I am sure I do goof up somethimes ...
Kool has always advised me very well...

One person who I have nominated , despite of him not saying a word is I think only sachu ...just couldn't help it , he is so damn cute ...🤗,I am sure nobody minds that ...

However I do sometimes make changes ...like today savita's friend only spoke little but Manju was saying a lot more ..But between them I nominated savita's frind because I wan tto be fair to the group who sympathises with savita and I thought that lady said something  they would like to hear ...so I nominated her ...

As Kools has always advised you well Tanya - do you think she would advised that you include wife beating damo as a possible nominee for star of the day or  include a mother who for all intents and purpose is in a legally sane frame of mind to offer her child as a consolation prize to a baby killer? I am not taking about the fact that they won but the fact that they were nominated in the first place? take out the names of the characters and put the actions of the nominees in generic terms I mean? 

I have posed it as a rhetorical question as I know that Kools has not been your advisor re SOTD lately right?  it would be unfair of me to ask you to premise how Kools would have advised you or not so please treat my question in the rhetorical vein it was posed in.

I have said my piece on this in the last SOTD ( in part) and now on this thread.

no rule of IF says that the fun one has should be a responsible fun. it just has to be plain fun.

I mistakenly seemed to have made an IF inappropriate suggestion multiple times and i think I have already overstepped my bounds of discussion. Hope the Morality Police has said too much already. Good night.
Tanyaz thumbnail
I think we should close this thread ...

Please , I don't want anyone getting hurt or any debate or any problems coming  up in this forum from any palce ..I am apologising to Hope if I said anything  wrong here or anywhere to have made her feel  bad , it was not my intention , I was just giving her my explanation which she accepted and didn't say anything then .. .
It'sOk, if she questioned me .If I put up a thread on a public forum then I can be questioned  ...why not ? What's so wrong in being  questioned ..
  Kool  and I have differnt views on differnt characters but she did advise me about the day I started  the thread and it was a good advise , I sort of keep that in mind and another person who has helped me in her own way was Pallai who suggested that I should use thepolling method ...before I used to actually sit there and count votes ...I cannot thank Pallai enough for saving me the time ,,,
I was just acknowleding the people who helped me initially ...the rest is of course up to me ..I decide the nominations , it is my thread ...I know nominations will not  be  perfetc  but that is the downside of SOTD .I take responsibility of this ...
--Hope-- thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Tanyaz

I think we should close this thread ...

Please , I don't want anyone getting hurt or any debate or any problems coming  up in this forum from any palce ..I am apologising to Hope if I said anything  wrong here or anywhere to have made her feel  bad , it was not my intention , I was just giving her my explanation which she accepted and didn't say anything then .. .
It'sOk, if she questioned me .If I put up a thread on a public forum then I can be questioned  ...why not ? What's so wrong in being  questioned ..

i am not an emotional person so I was not offended.  please do not apologise as there is nothing for me to accept. You presented your views on the last SOTD I did not get a chance to present my reply to your post.  I understood your post, acceptance is a different issue altogether.    My intent to post here was not to debate the issue (as that has proven futile several times by its preemptive abortion) but to note that my desire to debate has been snuffed out democratically.

I do not think this thread should close.

I think all members should get a chance to answer the poll if they care too.  i am not offended by the results just surprised by the positioning of the poll choices and title.

this thread has had over 159 views and no one has posted attack posts. I personally do not consider mine as as an attack post. it is merely an observation and a rhetorical question. no taunts no offensive language no debate on the issue itself.

forgot to mention - Tanya it might be very difficult to believe but I do not have a personal bone to pick with you her. I am not targeting to personally and that has never been my intent.  Not for my comments but for any mistaken perception of targeting I will apologize in advance.

Edited by --Hope-- - 12 years ago
Tanyaz thumbnail
 whoever advised or whoever helped ...the final decision is mine ..I started this thread ..It was for two things...
to have fun ...see the numbers talk and determine who was liked most ...
And also let the Cvs ( if they read this ) see who is being liked  by the IF members .
As long as the vote count is good I wil ldo the thread unless of course if I become too busy to give it time ...
Of course I would close it if the mods want me  to do it .
I am going  to decide the nominations ...this may be good or bad whatever it is ..
I take responsibilty of whatever the outcome of the nominations ...

I have nothing  more to say on SOTd thread any more .Now I don't want to talk about it at all...
bhallarox thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Hi, SaffyFlower I hope you wouldn't mind if I asked you a question. I am not sure what chrs means on the SOTD thread. You said shoujld we allow all chrs to vote on SOTD thread. Not really sure what you meant by that.