Posted: 12 years ago
Guys...

..There is something so sad about Teji-and-Pammi's marriage...obviously, its not working and poor Pammi is miserable. I don't understand how everyone around her, all well-meaning people, do not see this...be it Beeji, Nandini, Lucky, even Geet...they are either all busy in their own lives or choose to ignore the fact. And its a recurring thing...it wasn't just today's episode where Pammi gives us an idea of how sad/lonely her marriage has turned out. From what we can see of Teji...he's a chauvinist and of a volatile temper, but not necessarily "bad"...he seems so concerned about the welfare of his kin, but somehow that excludes Pammi, his wife! That's a bit strange...why does he take it out on her? He seems to mentally abuse at all times...being harsh and pretty much treating her like his slave, to do his bidding! ðŸ˜¡

While of course, this is Maneet's love story, I would quite like this part of story expanded...because its an issue I'm sure some women would identify with. Its something that I feel is still prevalent in this day and age, where a man mistreats his wife, if not physically but in the way Teji does, and thinks that its his birthright.😡

Not sure how they would tackle this, if they do at all, but it would be nice to see some conclusion. Would love to see Pammi give some back...and be respected/admired by her husband! Maybe our two lovely loved-up protagonists might take some time out from their hide-and-seek and solve poor Pammi's problem as well...here's hoping!😊

What do u guys think?
i think they're going to expand on this in the next few episodes. or else they wouldn't have bothered to show that scene with maan and geet both upset over pammi's KC story. 
ya they should open up this track also...
I dont understant this family wants justice for geet what about pummy she is the daughter in law of house
i am not able to understand this teji guy...
maan was angry and he said , one word to geet for which she left her own house...
and he is blaming maan like he is some murderer ...
teji is guy with two mind ...his sister have self respect but his wife don't...
the way he talk to her ...is just disgusting...
look at maaneet...maan is selecting sarees for geet...he take for her every wish...
geet should be grateful to her babaji that she got such a caring husband ...
look at your babhi...
even i can't see pummi like this...
Me too wanna see tht teji is giving her respect...
Originally posted by FelixFelicis

Guys...

..There is something so sad about Teji-and-Pammi's marriage...obviously, its not working and poor Pammi is miserable. I don't understand how everyone around her, all well-meaning people, do not see this...be it Beeji, Nandini, Lucky, even Geet...they are either all busy in their own lives or choose to ignore the fact. And its a recurring thing...it wasn't just today's episode where Pammi gives us an idea of how sad/lonely her marriage has turned out. From what we can see of Teji...he's a chauvinist and of a volatile temper, but not necessarily "bad"...he seems so concerned about the welfare of his kin, but somehow that excludes Pammi, his wife! That's a bit strange...why does he take it out on her? He seems to mentally abuse at all times...being harsh and pretty much treating her like his slave, to do his bidding! ðŸ˜¡

While of course, this is Maneet's love story, I would quite like this part of story expanded...because its an issue I'm sure some women would identify with. Its something that I feel is still prevalent in this day and age, where a man mistreats his wife, if not physically but in the way Teji does, and thinks that its his birthright.😡

Not sure how they would tackle this, if they do at all, but it would be nice to see some conclusion. Would love to see Pammi give some back...and be respected/admired by her husband! Maybe our two lovely loved-up protagonists might take some time out from their hide-and-seek and solve poor Pammi's problem as well...here's hoping!😊

What do u guys think?

Hey there, well said! ðŸ˜Š My heart goes out to Pammi, I just want to hug her. ðŸ˜”💔 Despite being women, Biji and Nandini fail to comprehend Pammi and her plight. Both are either oblivious or are hesitant to intervene. The primal candidate, Teji -- the so called "husband, companion and soulmate," himself fails to have a healthy relationship with Pammi . . . and the rest they do not treat Pammi any better. Being a women, they do not console one another nor do they try to soothe her pain. (I doubt they recognize it. . . . I have only seen Pammi and Geet reach out to one another) Just because Pammi is the daughter-in-law that does not mean that the rules should be compromised with when it comes to her. Ideally, she should be treated as a daughter of the family. For instance, they depict Nandini openly, you could say she is mischievous and has a lot of freedom--well, compared to Pammi. On the other hand, everyone in the household is and should be concerned of how Geet is sad, she is not the same bubbly, care free and lively Geet that they knew. (Now Geet is fine . . . thank goodness) But seriously, Pammi also seems just as lovely as Geet. But the household is killing Pammi, they are loosing her charming personality. It is a shame. . . but it should be tit for tat. Pammi deserves her right for equal respect, love and freedom as the other women in the house. And I said this before, and so I will say it a again: I hope Teji learns a thing or two . . . or even better gets inspired from Maan's love towards Geet. 😳 It will make a worlds difference to dear Pammi. ðŸ˜Š
I agree. Tejiji, kuch apne jijaji se seekhiye, kaise treat karte hain apni wife ko.

Very well said!

Pammi for a change is not just a character but a woman on the show many Indian women will reckon with.

There are many Pammis in the real world who are brought up to take care of the welfare of their families. They are moulded such that all they know is to selflessly give themselves for their families without expecting anything in return.

Pammi too here is focussed on giving... she is selfless, loves her family but all she get is a life that she can share with no one. No one is plain bothered about her wishes, her life, her likes and dislikes. The aristocratic male dominated society embeded in the Indian culture has never made any probations for the women in the household. And more so when the women is the daughter-in-law of the house. What Beeji does for her daughter or her niece whom she considers like her own daughter she doesn't consider the same for Pammi... Why? coz somewhere she is still an outsider!

Teji cannot bear someone mistreating his sister but fails to see what he's doing to his own wife. for he has presumably taken her for granted. She's suppose to bow down and oblige. I remember when she had gone to her brother's place when there some problem in her maternal home... teji had ended up admonishing her... how hypocritical! but thats how the male dominated society works... i can for sure vouch for the authencity of this character coz i have seen such cases... i have seen worse... thanks heaven for i have been brought up to stand up for myself! but all women are not so lucky.

Also in yest's epi Pammi mentioned that this would be her 9th KC... and as we see she is not yet bestowed upon with the blessing of motherhood... this can be the one possible reason for their indifference towards her too. Reason be whatever the society always blames a woman! i just hope that Geet be able to help her and knock some sense in the thick head of her brother!
ya even geet always ignore ds she shud be shown doing something kal b she just said bhabhi...it makes their relation look so superficial