Uttaran

India-Forums

Uttaran
Uttaran

~*5th Member of the Week-?us?J*~ (Page 36)

varun.tap IF-Dazzler
varun.tap
varun.tap

Posted: 08 May 2011 at 2:03pm | IP Logged
Jaya Ji my question:
Which one bike you have-
Maximum speed limit you crossed on a gt road-

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

WooHooHaha21

WooHooHaha21 IF-Dazzler
WooHooHaha21
WooHooHaha21

Posted: 08 May 2011 at 4:04pm | IP Logged
Jeyyy!!! Hug I bow down to you for the OS!! *Bowing down* Man it was too good!! Just superb!! I dint expect such a long one though but it was worth the read!! Even though I have no attachment to Veer-Icha I seriously felt everything your OS wanted me too!! It was brilliant dude!! Star

I knew that it would not be much for physical romance but the emotional romance would be there.. Man I loved the way you started with present then past then present back!! I have to say I loved Veer here!! Superb!! Clap Love you tonnes for such a rocking a OS!! Heart

PS: All the while I was reading ur OS, I was thinking abt ChandNi and was like what if this was the case with them! Broken Heart Awww.. But lovely OS!! Kudoos woman!! Clap 

Oh and ur random facts! LOL Nothing more to say on them.. LOL

Ok some tasks now.. Kinda like Rooj's but lessened it..

Ok name the following things for me and reason why too..
A vegi?
A fruit?
A TV character?
A TV actor/actress?
A colour?
Any object?
If you were to ever gift me anything, what would it be?

And btw my 50 LIKES ka quota for you have finished! LOL

Edited by WooHooHaha21 - 08 May 2011 at 6:51pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sonali_dgtiny15LimitLessFan

intruderfast IF-Sizzlerz
intruderfast
intruderfast

Posted: 08 May 2011 at 9:05pm | IP Logged

di , ek veggie dish ki recipee batao mujhe ,from andhra, which even i can trySmile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sonali_dgshivani9tiny15

sonali_dg Goldie
sonali_dg
sonali_dg

Posted: 08 May 2011 at 11:55pm | IP Logged
Jaya one difficult one from me Tongue 

If ever there was Swayamvar on this forum and you had to choose one guy for yourself from this forum, (irrespective of age/marital status) who will that guy be? And why? Answer in atleast 300 words Big smile
sonali_dg Goldie
sonali_dg
sonali_dg

Posted: 08 May 2011 at 11:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by intruderfast

di , ek veggie dish ki recipee batao mujhe ,from andhra, which even i can trySmile

Ab toh Ghas phuss chod Anmol!!LOL Ek masst Chicken wali recipee Bolu? Try karoge?TongueLOL
LimitLessFan IF-Stunnerz
LimitLessFan
LimitLessFan

Posted: 09 May 2011 at 12:03am | IP Logged

Hmm iam giving u one dish and one pickle basically Andra ppl cannot live wihtout pickles in any season , My moms from andhra and dad from telangana, we always have stock of pickles at home and andhra ppl make best pickles...

since i cannot explain u some telugu words , i am going to lift this from net , Sonali , for ur meal deal i will not use net dont worry 

This is very famous one , we call it GUTTHI VANKAYI or Masala Vankayi 

First part of the recipe is selecting the right brinjals:

If you are going to try this recipe with green brinjals like me, for two people, buy at least 15 to 20 very fresh looking, small size, and perfectly round green brinjals. The brinjals should look shiny without any blemishes, or holes and the stem that they are attached to should be in lively green without having that dried, black look. The tender the green brinjals are, the tastier the end result is. The ones with black seeds are very mature (at least half of your pick will be like this), don't even bother to cook them, they taste bitter. Because they mature very rapidly, cook them on the same or on next day. Trying to keep them fresh and young in the refrigerator, it's useless.

It takes at least 30 to 45 minutes to prepare the ingredients and another 30 minutes to cook the curry so attempt this curry only when you have the freshest green brinjals.

Second part is preparing the stuffing:
Ingredients for the stuffing change from home to home. Every home has their own recipe for stuffing. I can make five different kinds stuffing. The one I am going to post today is the family recipe.

Roasted Peanuts, Sesame Seeds, Red Dry Chillies, Coriander seeds, cumin, cloves, cinnamon.

Dry roast:

1 cup peanuts - roast them, when they are cooled, rub and remove the skins
1 cup sesame seeds - dry roast them

8 to 10 dried red chillies
One tablespoon of coriander seeds
Half teaspoon of cumin
4 cloves, one small piece of cinnamon stick
5 to 6 fenugreek seeds (menthulu)(They taste bitter so limit the number)
1 teaspoon of salt
Tamarind
Soak key-lime size tamarind in half cup of water and microwave it for about 15 to 30 seconds. Let the water cool down and squeeze the tamarind to get the paste.

Make a tight paste: Grind all of the above ingredients to a fine, smooth paste. You have to stuff this paste into brinjals so while grinding, under any circumstances, do not add water. Take this paste onto a plate and divide it into two portions. One is for stuffing and the other half is for sauce/gravy.

Brinjals stuffed with peanut, sesame paste

Thoroughly wash and dry the green brinjals. Even the freshest ones are not so fresh here, so I depart from the norm and remove the stems of brinjals. If you want, keep the stems. Take each green brinjal and on the end, opposite of stem, make a plus shape slit towards stem side but not all the way through (one vertical and one horizontal slit).

Fill up the plus shape slit (gap) with stuffing. Using your left hand fingers separate the quarters gently, push the stuffing inside with right hand fingers, again gently. Filling up all the slit green brinjals takes time, so have a seat, keep the stuffing and brinjals in front of you. Do it patiently and slowly without breaking the beautiful brinjals. If you do, you won't get a bouquet but only the petals.:)- So have patience and treat them like a fragile art project.

Just placed stuffed brinjals in Pressure cooker Stuffed brinjal curry in pressure cooker after one whistle

Cooking:

How I cook them again is different from that of home. Here I use a pressure cooker. What? I know.. my method may be new to you but the results are way better. Pressure cooker makes it fast with less oil and the green brinjals are cooked thoroughly, you can't find not one hard uncooked piece of brinjal, cooked in this way.

Do the popu or tadka(toasting the black mustard seeds and cumin in one teaspoon of oil). Add half of the peanut-sesame paste that was kept aside and half to one glass of water and one teaspoon of turmeric. Mix them up thoroughly without any lumps. Make the gravy/sauce more on the thin side or watery. Taste it, add salt, red chilli powder and tamarind paste if needed. I also add jaggery, very tiny amount to the gravy (making it mildly sweet). Arrange the stuffed brinjals neatly in the gravy, slit side up. Cover and cook them until the green brinjals are very tender to touch.
I pressure-cook them until one whistle on medium low heat. After the whistle sound, I immediately and slowly release the pressure from the valve by lifting the weight. Resulting in very wholesome, thoroughly cooked stuffed green brinjals.

To serve, with a big spoon gently lift the stuffed brinjals, place them on a plate and pour the sauce around. Tastes great with rice or roti.

Stuffed Brinjal Curry(Gutti Vankaaya Kura) with Rice

Stuffed brinjal curry (Gutti Vankaaya Kura) with rice.

Recipe Source:Amma

-------------------------- *** *** -----------------------
I am going to write it down four other types of stuffings that I know for this cury. The proportions of the ingredients are not specified because there are no hard and fast rules and people at home add a little of this, little of that. So feel free to try various proportions as per your taste.

Type 1:
Dry red chillies + dry or fresh coconut+ chana dal & urad dal + cumin, coriander, fenugreek seeds and salt. Saut and make a paste of them without adding water. Add cashews to make it rich.

Type2:
Besan or gram flour+onions+green chillies+ginger garlic paste+dry coconut powder+coriander powder and salt, make a paste by adding little bit of water.

Type 3:
red onions + dried red chillies roasted in oil then make a paste of them.

Type4:
Fresh coconut+ roasted peanuts+ roasted sesame seeds+dried red chillies+Coriander seeds+Cumin seeds+cloves+cinnamon stick+ chana dal+ urad dal+tamarind +jaggery and salt. This is my favorite of all.

Pickle time 

GONGURA PACHADI 

Gongura pachadi / pickle is a very popular authentic Andhra pickle variety and no marriage in Andhra happens without serving this pickle . Red sorrel leaves, Roselle, Gongura (telugu) , Pulicha keerai (Tamil), Ambadi (Hindi) are popular sour greens. Red Sorrel comes in two varieties : one is green stem and the other being red variety which is sourer than the green/white stems variety. These greens are used to prepare curries, stews, dals , pickles '. For chutney, only the leaves are used.
Red Sorrel has some health benefits too and is useful in relieving symptoms of fever. The leaves of this herb are useful in the prevention and treatment of scurvy which is a deficiency caused by lack of vitamin C. Fresh leaves of the plant are useful in stimulating the stomach and aiding its action. These leaves are beneficial in the treatment of jaundice and a tablespoon of fresh red sorrel juice mixed with butter-milk is recommended once daily in the treatment of jaundice. Gongura relieves indigestion,cold and cough. It cleanses the intestines. It also helps in removing infections as well.

The recipe source is Amma who prepares excellent authentic andhra pickles and pachadi and this pachadi is most favorite one in our house'..

Ingredients:-

2 big bunches fresh gongura leaves (red sorrel)
16 whole dry red chillis
1 tsp methi seeds (fenugreek)
1 tbsp minapppapu (black gram dal)
7-8 cloves garlic (peeled and lightly crushed)
4 tbsps oil
salt to taste
1tsp Avaalu (mustard seeds)

Method:-

1) Separate gongura leaves from the respective stems. Wash and keep separately till all the water is drained.
2) Take deep fry pan. Pour some oil (2 tsp) warm up. Add gongura leaves and fry till all the water is evaporated.
3) Take out the fried leaves and keep it separately.
4) In the same pan add 1 tbsp oil and add methi seeds and fry till light brown and then add urad dal(black gram) and dry red chillis and fry stirring constantly till light brown.
5) Remove from fire and cool.
6) Grind these above ingredients with required salt. Now add crushed garlic and the fried gongura leaves and grind to the fine paste.
7) Now heat 2 tbsps of oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds and let them splutter.
8) Remove from fire and add to the ground gongura pachadi along with the oil.
9) This pachadi does require a wee bit more oil like most pickles.
10) Serve with hot steamed rice, ghee and sliced raw onions.
11) This pachadi can be stored in the refrigerator up to 3-4 weeks .
 or for easy method

Ingredients:

gongura: 2 bunches
choped onions: 1/2 cup(optional)
red chillies: 8
dhania: 1 tsp
fenugreek: 1/2 tsp(menthulu)
tamarind: little
garlic flakes: 4
salt

for popu:
oil: 2 tsp
mustard seeds: 1/4 tsp
cumin seeds 1/4 tsp
urad dal: 1/2tsp
chann dal: 1/2 tsp
curry leaves

Method:

heat oil in a pan and add choped gongura and fry for 10 mts with low flame and keep aside.

fry dhania, menthulu, red chillies, salt and tamarind for 5 mts without oil and make powder by using a grinder and add gongura and grind one minute.

for thalimpu: heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and let them flutter.
add chana dal, urad dal, crushed garlic flakes and curry leaves.

add gongura to popu and mix well.
add choped onions (optional)

Edited by JustJ - 09 May 2011 at 12:16am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sonali_dgdivy609intruderfasttiny15

intruderfast IF-Sizzlerz
intruderfast
intruderfast

Posted: 09 May 2011 at 12:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sonali_dg

Ab toh Ghas phuss chod Anmol!!LOL Ek masst Chicken wali recipee Bolu? Try karoge?TongueLOL
nahin kabhi nahin mar bhi jaaubga phir bhi nahinLOLLOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sonali_dgtiny15

LimitLessFan IF-Stunnerz
LimitLessFan
LimitLessFan

Posted: 09 May 2011 at 12:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by varun.tap

Jaya Ji my question:
Which one bike you have-
Maximum speed limit you crossed on a gt road-

I have Nova, and my normal speed is btw 40--50... if iam in hurry , its 55-70