Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Should Bollywood give second chance to Shiney? (Page 6)

Nuktaacheen IF-Dazzler
Nuktaacheen
Nuktaacheen

Posted: 05 May 2011 at 8:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by desigal90

Intention was to kill, wasnt it?

Now here's the differnece between a crime and an accident. In accidents, someone makes a mistake and someone else dies.

To me, DUI falls somewhere between a crime and an accident. Whereas rape, and murder (wtih intent) is just a crime. There is no accident about it

as i said earlier too, even if it was an 'accident', the fact that you feel you should be able to get away with it, by paying off the family, etc., shows your true intention...!

i guess, we'll agree to disagree on this...

i have issues with the comformist opinions... when something goes wrong in your own backyard, you make a hullaballo, but but are completely okay when issues don't relate to you...!   TongueTongue 

desigal90 IF-Stunnerz
desigal90
desigal90

Posted: 05 May 2011 at 8:43am | IP Logged
What do you mean by that? That its ok if its not in my backyard? Nuktacheen, the woman who got raped wasnt my sister or mother, yet I call Shiney a monster. Similarly that man who died was also unrelated to me, and while his family has my full sympathy, and I feel that salman should be punished for his stupidity, I still dont view Salman a monster.
I boht cases, the victims are the same to me, yet i still have a differnet stance on each. So I dont understnad where htat whole backyard analogy came from?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

safeplacetoland

safeplacetoland IF-Stunnerz
safeplacetoland
safeplacetoland

Posted: 05 May 2011 at 8:44am | IP Logged
Would an ordinary rapist get off with the crime? People would never give him a second chance. So why should Shiney Ahuja be given a second chance? Bloody rapist. Dead

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

amaliabamboocopter-SalShah4eva-

Nuktaacheen IF-Dazzler
Nuktaacheen
Nuktaacheen

Posted: 05 May 2011 at 8:46am | IP Logged

See this is what happens. On one hand, becuase he's Salman he has support. But on the other hand, IF someone offers something in his defense, then that person gets shot down because Salman is powerful.
Strange double edged sword.
I feel that sometimes we want to criticize celebs so badly that we go overboard.
So that one point in defense of the celeb is returned iwth, "coz he's so powerful eh? Coz he's a celeb, he can buy his way out". We want to play the devil's advocate so badly, want to support the underdog.

Like I said, if someone in an accident runs someone over (driving under the influence being his stupidty), I dont see him as a monster. Yes he should be punished. Yes he is accountable for his actions. But his intent was not to kill. People who drive under the infuence are higly deluded and STUPID individuals who think they can handle it even when drunk. But are they monsters...I dont think so.
But I do see rapists as monsters. They are fully aware of what htey're doing. They can witness DURING the crime the pain and trauma they are inflicting upon the victim, yet htey continue in full awareness.

see, i look at the overall picture... when i'm talking about these cases... i'm not just talking about the celebs who are involved... but everyone who is in the same position...!

so, you'll have to excuse me for not supporting this view...

i know there are some who would always support the 'underdogs'... with me, it doesn't work that way... i'd criticise people for playing the devil's advocate... because, you tend to be biased on one case, while giving a clean chit to the others... in essence, you're favouring one over the other, because of your prefences... and i have always found it rather ironic, how some people would criticise the fans, when their own actions are reflective of the same...!!   TongueTongue 
Salma2 IF-Dazzler
Salma2
Salma2

Posted: 05 May 2011 at 8:48am | IP Logged
Bollywood or not..why bother..

every guilty person has to get punished, after they paid for the sins, they can restart their life style and careers.

what he did was worser than 90% of wrong doings do by people!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

safeplacetoland

Nuktaacheen IF-Dazzler
Nuktaacheen
Nuktaacheen

Posted: 05 May 2011 at 8:50am | IP Logged

What do you mean by that? That its ok if its not in my backyard? Nuktacheen, the woman who got raped wasnt my sister or mother, yet I call Shiney a monster. Similarly that man who died was also unrelated to me, and while his family has my full sympathy, and I feel that salman should be punished for his stupidity, I still dont view Salman a monster.
I boht cases, the victims are the same to me, yet i still have a differnet stance on each. So I dont understnad where htat whole backyard analogy came from?

not what i mean... again, you need to look at the bigger picture here...!!

what i mean is... that i see people who have issues when something happens in their country, for example, or in their family... but when something like that happens to someone else, they are just not as effected... that's just human nature though...
TallyHo IF-Rockerz
TallyHo
TallyHo

Posted: 05 May 2011 at 8:53am | IP Logged
He could play Osama..

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

qazplmbamboocopterruky786-PoisonIvy-safeplacetolanddesigal90

safeplacetoland IF-Stunnerz
safeplacetoland
safeplacetoland

Posted: 05 May 2011 at 8:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by TallyHo