Should Bollywood give second chance to Shiney? - Page 3

Posted: 12 years ago
I guess I have seen news shiney doing films(maybe with Esha Deol) even after doing this raping job. so I am kinda sure that bollywood gonna give him second chance.

But I know, audiences won't give him.
Originally posted by desigal90

Being an A lister or not has nothing to do with it Maddy. With a tag like this, I doubt even an A lister would retain his honor and dignity.

i'm not too sure ... in fact i am pretty positive that had it been an A lister, we would have had legions of fan supporting him saying how the woman was a publicity hungry, cheap woman who would do anything for money and her 15 minutes of fame ...

As someone said look at salman, his running over people, his physical abuse of his girlfriends ... you have enough fans here saying its all a conspiracy to malign their golden hearted star ...Forget salman, look at sanjay dutt ... he is convicted under TADA for the bombay blasts, but has it made an iota of difference to his popularity  ?

Shiny was caught and convicted not because of our excellent system, not because of public outcry but simply because he wasn't big enough, not important enough.

As for the initial question - NO! absolutely no way should he be given a second chance ... i don't understand our legal system - If you have been Convicted by one court and you appeal to another, then the least the court can do is NOT grant bail ...

... If one judicial system has found someone guilty, why give them bail ... they should at least serve jail time till they wait for their appeal ... Is this not the way it works everywhere else except india ? ... anyone has any idea ?

But didn't he get 7 years?? He should be punished for his crime? Hope justice is serve?
This is the first time bollywoodcrazed liked my post. She never likes my posts.
I hope I didn't make it the last time, by mentioning this little fact.

Being an A lister or not has nothing to do with it Maddy. With a tag like this, I doubt even an A lister would retain his honor and dignity.

And comparing Salman to Shiney is not quite fair according to me.
Salman's black buck incident seemed more stupidity than anything to me. As for his accident on the road, that was terrible. But even that to some extent can be redeemed by saying his intention was not to kill. The incident was horrific, but his intent was not.

Shiney on the other hand raped someone. His intentions were just as he heinous as his crime. What a traumatic traumatic act. You break a woman, physically as well as mentally and emotionally in rape. And he was fully aware of what he was doing. Exercising his dominance over a poor girl.

i'm sorry but that's just looking through one actor through rose tinted glasses...!  πŸ˜›πŸ˜›

salman's actions are always justified... even his abusive behaviour is justified... how is the intent not relevant there...?  πŸ˜•   i guess a commoner's life, who sleeps on a footpath is obviously not important... that's why it was only a 'mistake', and hence, forgivable, eh... πŸ˜›πŸ˜›  so, would he have gotten more empathy, if he had just become handicapped (thus, being effected physcially, emotionally and mentally), and able to voice his outcry at what happened to him...?  or since nobody is there to advocate for him, the crime is not 'heinous'...!  

when you drink and drive, you are in essence, exhibiting your dominance over the system... somethng, you can get away with it... who cares about the consequences, right...?  πŸ˜›πŸ˜›  isn't that why salman was so shocked that lindsay was being sentenced for her DUI... so much so for the noble intentions, eh...!  πŸ˜›πŸ˜›

Oopsie Let me edit this post...This was not for this thread...

This was supposed to go in the CC thread.. 😳

Edited by -Maddy- - 12 years ago
Once again, I said I am not defending Salman's crime. Hell, his actions killed people and that is unforgettable as well as unforgivable.
But driving under the influence and rape...nawww, in my eyes, a person falls FAR FAR lower by commiting rape than by driving under the influence.

If you guys wanna equate DUI to rape, its your opinion.

I personally dont think the former is as evil as the latter. In the case of the former, you might even have repentence from the accused, guilt perhaps shadowing him for the rest of his life. That his stupdi stupid actions caused death.
But rapists...do they ever feel guilt? And if htey do, what cuases them to rape in teh first place? Its not an accident. Its a fully intentional act. Repentence maybe coz htey got convicted. But had he not been caught, would he have felt repentence or guilt? Shiney's disgusting.

Edited by desigal90 - 12 years ago
Yes Salman SHOULD be punished. His actions resulted in death.

BUT, he is not comparable to a man who raped. I dont think so.

Once again, I said I am not defending Salman's crime. Hell, his actions killed people and that is unforgettable as well as unforgivable.
But driving under the influence and rape...nawww, in my eyes, a person falls FAR FAR lower by commiting rape than by driving under the influence.

If you guys wanna equate DUI to rape, its your opinion.

I personally dont think the former is as evil as the latter. In the case of the former, you might even have repentence from the accused, guilt perhaps shadowing him for the rest of his life. That his stupdi stupid actions caused death.
But rapists...do they ever feel guilt? And if htey do, what cuases them to rape in teh first place? Its not an accident. Its a fully intentional act. Repentence maybe coz htey got convicted. But had he not been caught, would he have felt repentence or guilt? Shiney's disgusting.

in both cases, resultant effects are quite equivalent... i don't think anyone is 'equating' the two... but there are parallels... some can see, other's can't... it's fine... judicial system obviously does not consider loss of life due to DUI a smaller matter... it's another matter, that being a big star, you can keep delaying justice and keep manipulating the system... sanjay dutt has done it earlier, so why not salman, eh...!   πŸ˜›πŸ˜›πŸ˜›

guilt...?  does salman feel any guilt about his DUI...?  i don't know... however, when he supports someone else like lindsay for DUI, it's quite clear he doesn't feel 'guilty' about it...!  πŸ˜›πŸ˜›πŸ˜›