Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Should Bollywood give second chance to Shiney? - Page 2

Sunshine75 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
my answer is NO!!! NEVER! he should be banned from doing films .period.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ShadowKisses thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
No, he shouldn't be given a second chance. Just as Sanjay and Salman shouldn't have been given a second one. You can't just say "Oh, they made a mistake, they have hearts of gold!!!!111" when a non-celebrity would be thrown into jail without second thought for the same crimes.

- - - - - - - - -

[Quote=desigal90]Being an A lister or not has nothing to do with it Maddy. With a tag like this, I doubt even an A lister would retain his honor and dignity.

And comparing Salman to Shiney is not quite fair according to me.
Salman's black buck incident seemed more stupidity than anything to me. As for his accident on the road, that was terrible. But even that to some extent can be redeemed by saying his intention was not to kill. The incident was horrific, but his intent was not.
[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... Salman came out of abusing a woman smelling like roses and with a heart of gold (b/c charity totally gives everyone a tabula rasa!!!111). In fact, he was supported by the bigwigs of the industry. Hard to bet against that sort of precedent, don't you think?

I very much doubt his intent while drunk driving matters to those who lost their lives, or their dear ones. What you said regarding redemption would be true if DUI was NOT an strict liability crime but it is.  Regardless of intent, he still made the decision to sit behind the wheel while intoxicated; as such, he is liable for any damage that occurs. All intent dictates here is what he is charged for - manslaughter or murder. The only way his action would be redeemed is if it didn't hurt anyone then, it is simply a vice. The minute he has a victim, it is a morally reprehensible crime he should be punished and held accountable for.
Edited by ShadowKisses - 12 years ago
aishhh. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
This content was originally posted by: desigal90

Being an A lister or not has nothing to do with it Maddy. With a tag like this, I doubt even an A lister would retain his honor and dignity.

Salman's black buck incident seemed more stupidity than anything to me. As for his accident on the road, that was terrible. But even that to some extent can be redeemed by saying his intention was not to kill. The incident was horrific, but his intent was not.

Shiney on the other hand raped someone. His intentions were just as he heinous as his crime. What a traumatic traumatic act. You break a woman, physically as well as mentally and emotionally in rape. And he was fully aware of what he was doing. Exercising his dominance over a poor girl.

As much as I don't like Salman I totally agree with you one this one ;) basically it's actus reus = guilty act and mens rea = guilty mind and in Shiney's case = BOTH. I see so many cases as a legal student, and honestly truthfully REALLY sentencing is PATHETIC in most cases, and it is really appalling.. what the maximum conviction can be and what is actually GIVEN. poles apart, not even exaggerating here.. and having said this even a LIFE SENTENCE is not enough. Talk about re entering B/wood.
I will happily use ('or as some people may say waste') my time protesting against it if he does happen to get that "second chance"

Shipra_S thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I don't care...let them give him a 2nd chance...but i won't spend a penny on buying his film's tickets...
Gujar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
He surely has balls to be able to even contemplate a return. 
Antlers thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: bollywoodcrazed

He hasn't gotten away with it, that case has yet to go to trial. Salman going to jail related to the black buck case.

As for Shiney, I agree with sheee. Let him serve 7 years behind bars, then there can be talk of second chances.

and that trial is going to start when he takes his last breath. ๐Ÿ˜Š
Antlers thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: desigal90

Salman's black buck incident seemed more stupidity than anything to me. 

black buck is very rare for India, and rare for Rajashtan. even Rajputs aren't even allowed to shoot anymore. so if the law abides it, why should it be stupid or anyone get with killing that animal. that's like killing the tiger?? so the tiger live is worth more than the blackbuck?!?!๐Ÿ˜• wth
Antlers thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: ShadowKisses

No, he shouldn't be given a second chance. Just as Sanjay and Salman shouldn't have been given a second one. You can't just say "Oh, they made a mistake, they have hearts of gold!!!!111" when a non-celebrity would be thrown into jail without second thought for the same crimes.

- - - - - - - - -

[Quote=desigal90]Being an A lister or not has nothing to do with it Maddy. With a tag like this, I doubt even an A lister would retain his honor and dignity.

Hmmm... Salman came out of abusing a woman smelling like roses and with a heart of gold (b/c charity totally gives everyone a tabula rasa!!!111). In fact, he was supported by the bigwigs of the industry. Hard to bet against that sort of precedent, don't you think?

I very much doubt his intent while drunk driving matters to those who lost their lives, or their dear ones. What you said regarding redemption would be true if DUI was NOT an strict liability crime but it is.  Regardless of intent, he still made the decision to sit behind the wheel while intoxicated; as such, he is liable for any damage that occurs. All intent dictates here is what he is charged for - manslaughter or murder. The only way his action would be redeemed is if it didn't hurt anyone then, it is simply a vice. The minute he has a victim, it is a morally reprehensible crime he should be punished and held accountable for.
ditto! one is very much accountable for every action of their lives. sympathy card should never be used when killing anyone for any intention. 
Abbyviv thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Bollywood may give him a second chance .. I know I won't!
even if he gets a second chance what wonders he will do ? ๐Ÿ˜† flop filmss...errmmm...more flop films...at the end...more flop films๐Ÿ˜†Edited by Neetu_PB_lover - 12 years ago