Should Bollywood give second chance to Shiney?

Posted: 12 years ago
Should Bollywood give second chance to Shiney Ahuja?

Shiney is out on bail; should Bollywood take him back into the fold?
By Nikhil Kumar
Wed, May 04, 2011 11:02:13 GMT

Should the rape taint mark the end of Shiney Ahuja's acting career? Or should Bollywood give him the benefit of the doubt and take him back into the fold?

As per law, a man is innocent until proven guilty. Though Shiney was pronounced "guilty" in March this year by a Mumbai court in the rape case of his maid (dating back to 2009) and sentenced to seven years of imprisonment, the actor is using all the legal options available to him by approaching the High Court.

On Tuesday, May 3, Shiney walked out of Arthur Road Jail after being granted bail by Bombay High Court. Now, a long judicial process lies ahead after which Shiney will still have the option of moving to the Supreme Court.

Till all the judicial options are exhausted -- and that will surely take time -- Shiney has no career to look forward to. He has literally been ostracised from the industry after the rape case. Ever since he was first arrested for allegedly raping his maid in 2009, he has only wrapped up a pending film Accident and done another film called Mary Magdalene.

There have been hushed voices of support for Shiney from some quarters in Bollywood, but no one has yet come out and spoken out loud in support of the actor. So is the talent of Shiney destined to rot away?

We ask our readers -- should Shiney Ahuja be given a second chance? Or does he deserve to be an outcast?

http://www.apunkachoice.com/content/article/sid100005311-should_bollywood_give_second_chance_to_shiney_ahuja/

First he needs to stay in jail for 7 years. After that this 2nd chance question arises.
No because no one would watch his movies lol.
Oh well... If he was a A lister actor he would have got a second chance...Why just a second chance and A lister can get away repeatedly...
Its just that it is Shiney Ahuja who we are talking abt who's career was in the dumps before too and now he is in a deeper dump...
Originally posted by -Maddy-

Oh well... If he was a A lister actor he would have got a second chance...Why just a second chance and A lister can get away repeatedly...
Its just that it is Shiney Ahuja who we are talking abt who's career was in the dumps before too and now he is in a deeper dump...

I agree with you i mean look at Salman who killed innocent people and still got away with it and top of that whole bollywood supported him...I am not supporting Shiney but it's just that i don't agree with the system
Originally posted by PCRocks

I agree with you i mean look at Salman who killed innocent people and still got away with it and top of that whole bollywood supported him...I am not supporting Shiney but it's just that i don't agree with the system

He hasn't gotten away with it, that case has yet to go to trial. Salman going to jail related to the black buck case.

As for Shiney, I agree with sheee. Let him serve 7 years behind bars, then there can be talk of second chances.

Originally posted by bollywoodcrazed

He hasn't gotten away with it, that case has yet to go to trial. Salman going to jail related to the black buck case.

As for Shiney, I agree with sheee. Let him serve 7 years behind bars, then there can be talk of second chances.

yes he has to go to trial, but i don't get it why his trial is taking so long? on the other hand Shiney's trial took place so fast and i agree with Shee too, but system has to be fair with everyone
never🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢
No.

Even if BW does, who's gonna watch his movies?
Edited by chocolover89 - 12 years ago

Being an A lister or not has nothing to do with it Maddy. With a tag like this, I doubt even an A lister would retain his honor and dignity.

And comparing Salman to Shiney is not quite fair according to me.
Salman's black buck incident seemed more stupidity than anything to me. As for his accident on the road, that was terrible. But even that to some extent can be redeemed by saying his intention was not to kill. The incident was horrific, but his intent was not.

Shiney on the other hand raped someone. His intentions were just as he heinous as his crime. What a traumatic traumatic act. You break a woman, physically as well as mentally and emotionally in rape. And he was fully aware of what he was doing. Exercising his dominance over a poor girl.