Maryada

Random Musings: May 4, 2011

BheegiBasanti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
After a really long time, I loved Maryaada today. โค๏ธ So glad I opened a thread...๐Ÿ˜Š.

Episode started with Devyani watching a sleeping Brahma and speaking her anguish out aloud. Her pain was palpable and well written. From an execution standpoint, I would have preferred had it been more of a self thought rather than the verbalization shown. Indrani as an actress can emote beautifully with her eyes so executing the scene via mute introspection would have been way more powerful. Still...glad the writers are starting to show Devyani's thought process in the screenplay. I loved that Devyani was not blaming Uttara but squarely seeing SasurPig for who he is!

Meanwhile, at the restaurant, Vidya is effortlessly doing small talk with Aarti and asks Gaurav to dance when the music begins. The confident Vidya who is able to ignore her obstacles and keep focused is good character consistency. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ The smooth English though was a bit much. I don't care how much hard work Vidya's character could have done, no one can improve their language skills so dramatically in a few days.

Back at the Jhaakar house, the whole sequence of SasurPig coming to Uttara's room and hitting on her was nothing more than Devyani's dream. The script for this piece could have been written in a better way to actually have an element of suspense. It was rather obvious that it was somebody's imagination! ๐Ÿ˜ณ That said, I have mixed feelings about Devyani waking up and running to Uttara's room when she did not find Brahma sleeping next to her. Does she subconsciously think Uttara is capable of betraying her this way? I hope the writers do not add that dynamic to the story. ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿผ It would completely destroy the relationship between Uttara and Devyani and damage the basis of Maryaada which is the bond between the women!

At the restaurant, Vidya is joyously dancing with Gaurav and their expressions do not go unnoticed by Aarti! When Gaurav follows an angry Aarti outside, Vidya goes behind him. I simply loved the Vidya - Gaurav scenes today. ๐Ÿ‘ The dance was full of chemistry and the confrontation in the rain both poignant and sad. Just frustrated that we still do not know why Gaurav could not marry the person he loves...๐Ÿ˜ก. But...it is a huge leap forward that Vidya now knows something of how Gaurav feels. Cannot wait to see how this track evolves! ๐Ÿ˜

Overall: Awesome episode. I will go with a 4.5 after ages! This is how a mini story peak should be handled...tease the audience with enough to keep them coming back to see the climax of the track! Vishwajeet, Dakssh & Vindhya were fantastic to watch!
Edited by darlunia - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Bee3nazz thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
hey
Ive gotto agree with you, today's episode had such a raw, emotional scenes which left me wanting more!
the Scene where Indrani was venting her resentment to the sleeping SSP makes me wonder how often she settles with this comprimise, and if this was the first time which we have been let to believe then it makes me wonder how long till this perfect women finally explodes because we have been seeing the cracks over the last few episodes!!!

and the Vindya-Daaksh Scene was outstanding... for the first time i felt Daaksh's helplessness, pain and sheer frustration! i actually understood his plight where as before i was truely and honestly on Team Vidya!!! and Vindya's reaction was so apt for her character...

agree with you its going to be an interesting journey for these 2 and i cant wait to see it unfold!!!
Edited by Bee3nazz - 12 years ago
divya_181 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hey jaya๐Ÿค—,

Its very nice to see RM back, even i loved todays episode, i liked the way deviyani spoke her "heart out" while SSP was sleeping, it means that sooner or later she will break her silence.

deviyani rushed towards uttara's room may be to protect uttara just incase if SSP was troubling/ molesting her, may be deviyani was worried about that, i feel deviyani should tell uttara about her husband behaviour, i know its difficult for deviyani but she has to share her thoughts with uttara.by doing so uttara will be cautious.

i liked gaurav and vidya's seq...today i felt bad for vidya and also felt bad for gaurav, secret is yet to unfold but at least vidya got to know something about gaurav and it was nice to see gaurav sharing his guilt, both have acted well๐Ÿ‘,  i want to see wat will be vidya's next move 

MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
i loveddd today's epi.. it was soo full of emotions.. lovely.. the dance was amazingg.. Gaurav was lost for a sec or two into Vidya but then again he came out too early of the trance and saw arti leaving..๐Ÿคข.. he says he couldnt get married to the person he loves im damn sure thats not Arti.. its some other mystery person.. but he is attracted to Vidya he has just decided in his head that he cannot love anybody else and cannot cheat the mystery person as he said which is stopping him to fall for Vidya..

i hope the confusion clears up soon i sooo want a Gaurav Vidya track ASAP..
BheegiBasanti thumbnail
Originally posted by: Bee3nazz

hey
Ive gotto agree with you, today's episode had such a raw, emotional scenes which left me wanting more!
the Scene where Indrani was venting her resentment to the sleeping SSP makes me wonder how often she settles with this comprimise, and if this was the first time which we have been let to believe then it makes me wonder how long till this perfect women finally explodes because we have been seeing the cracks over the last few episodes!!!

and the Vindya-Daaksh Scene was outstanding... for the first time i felt Daaksh's helplessness, pain and sheer frustration! i actually understood his plight where as before i was truely and honestly on Team Vidya!!! and Vindya's reaction was so apt for her character...

agree with you its going to be an interesting journey for these 2 and i cant wait to see it unfold!!!

Hiya Bee3nazz...I'm Jaya...you are? ๐Ÿ˜Š Have not seen you at this forum before...welcome! Devyani has been brushing away SasurPig's deeds for years. This is the first time, to her knowledge, he is eying somebody from within the family...she does not know about Priya yet. She is a volcano...I cannot wait to see her erupt!

Hope to see you back!

..Naina.. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
LOVED THE EPISODE. OHMYGOD.

I'll stop writing in caps. But. Wow. I loved Gaurav-Vidya. I felt that after a long time, we saw an episode where every single part captivated our attention.

I'm going to go insane from this waait to figure out what Gaurav's actual secret is.

And honestly though, it was definitely a bit painful for me to watch the Vidya-Gaurav dance because she was obviously really into it, and I felt like he was just in that awkward situation where he couldn't do anything. It seemed painfully obvious that he would rather be anywhere but there, the way he kept looking back at Arti and whatnot.

The confrontation in the rain. Yeah, I completely agree with you Bee! Before this, I didn't really understand the true anguish behind Gaurav's situaiton, but his portrayal, characterization today's episode was absolutely wonderful. I actually don't have a stand regarding who I support because both of them were forced into this situation. Of course, after the precap, I'm really annoyed at Devyani, but I won't judge until we find out the real story behind her actions.

Obviously SSP had something to do with this. But even more obviously, she won't tell Vidya SSP's part so I want to see how this plays out.

SO happy with this track. And SOSOSSO loving this episode after quite a bit of time.

Cheers!
~Naina

have-a-dream thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Heyaa guys
awesum takes..
D epi ws totally rocking!!
GaYa scene ws so awesum,perfect acting by both..aww poor gaurav n vidya,both r in worst situation..
lld89 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Amazing episode! Didn't care much for Devyani's dream, but loved her confrontation with the SSP, even if it was with his sleeping body..

Now the highlight of the episode..obviously Vidya & Guarav! Wow wow wow awesome scene in the rain! Finally Guarav's anguish is shown in more than just a few words! And poor Vidya, still asking for forgiveness after all that? I feel bad for both of them. Guarav because he was pushed into this situation (we know he respects his mom a alot, from earlier episodes where she would ask him to keep Vidya happy) and he honestly does not like hurting Vidya. He's also very loyal as can be seen from what he said about not wanting to betray this mystery lover of his. Vidya I feel sorry for her for the obvious reasons! Cannot wait for tomorrow's episode...hope she says what's on her mind to Devyani too

Question: does anyone remember the episode before Aditya & Priya's wedding where Devyani overhears Guarav on the phone telling his mystery person he will see them after the wedding since they are no longer to attend and Devyani says something like the mantri ji called SSP and said they couldn't make it and she was just about to tell Gaurav but Gaurav had already gotten the news. So is his mystery lover related to the mantri..or the daughter/son (because that obviously hasn't been ruled out yet) of the mantri?

Edited by lld89 - 12 years ago
BheegiBasanti thumbnail
@Divya...๐Ÿค—...yup agree...Devyani was certainly a bit worried.

@Pallu...๐Ÿค—...those few seconds that Gaurav got in to the hug were so sweet! ๐Ÿ˜

BheegiBasanti thumbnail
Naina, Spardha...I think all of us are on the Gaurav - Vidya bandwagon today! ๐Ÿ˜†

@lld89...Hiya...what can we call you? ๐Ÿ˜Š I remember that exact conversation you wrote about...I had even speculated in several RM posts that Gaurav's love was related to the minister! I hope the writers themselves keep the history of the story in their mind so that the truth explains all the hints along the way.