India-Forums

Chhoti Bahu - Sawar Ke Rang Rachi
Chhoti Bahu - Sawar Ke Rang Rachi

some thoughts 4th may 2011

misti73 IF-Sizzlerz
misti73
misti73

Posted: 04 May 2011 at 11:55am | IP Logged

Padma's realization that all this has happened because she listened to others and did not do what her instincts were telling her regarding stopping the wedding, but her questioning that why did this have to happen to Rohan when he has not harmed anyone...was not really true...Rohan has harmed someone indirectly and that's Dev...Rohans love for Dev until now is not real love between friends...but it is a convoluted love that he is happy so long Dev does stuff for him and does not stand in his way...and again Padma being quiet when her child was being spoilt is the reason behind that. Rohan is also to blame because in real life all spoilt kinds are not as demented as Rohan is...but somewhere as the mother Padma did not stand up for the  son and did not ensure that he grows up as a responsible person...and the main question does Padma realize that it is her fault or does she think that the marriage not being accomplished is Radhikas fault?

Dev realized today that he is partly to be blamed for this situation...well he did set the ball rolling by describing his dreamgirl as Rohans would be bride. Maybe Rohan would have fallen in love with Radhika or what he considers as love even without Dev's description but then atleast Dev's conscience would have been clear. But his again blaming Radhika for the incident...why is she to be blamed? What else could she have done?...her choice regarding her life was being taken from her and she was pushed in a corner so when given a chance she clutched it...thats what any person drowning will do to stay afloat...She could not tell her father because she did not want to hurt his sentiments...also she did not have any other proof other than KK himself whom she thought will become her voice...but then this KK has pushed her into this corner...so is it her fault that Rohan is so spoilt that he will get demented when he gets to know that he won't get her love? Any normal person in Rohans place will also get angry and may shout if he was told at the last minute that his would be wife loves someone else...but Rohans actions were not that of an angry person...he had no sense of what he is..that they were in a burning room and he was throwing a tantrum...One might also say that Radhika could have told Rohan, but Radhika is from a conservative family..will she really go and approach him and tell him all that...that can only happen if she is pushed...that she was and she did say...infact she thought it is Kanha that she is talking to and not Rohan. Dev today again thought that he will tell everyone the truth and then again being reminded of his obligation he kept quiet and is allowing an unmarried girls grihapravesh as a married girl. I am not even taking into consideration what Radhika did ...whether she loves him or not...whether he hates him or not...What he is allowing knowingly is not right. Also Radhika, now she wants to prove to her husband that she is innocent...so she plans to go in as Rohans bride even though she is not his bride. Radhika has fought with everyone that she will only marry KK...she made her father stand up to society for this...a poor illiterate man who does not have anything..she was adamant of not doing any adharma...and now being a false bride in front of society isn't she showing that her father was no one to her? That whatever he has done has no value? That's she is doing all this to prove that she is innocent to someone who has not stood by her...when her father has? Until now her fathers love is the only unconditional love that anyone has for Radhika. So if someone says that her tunnel vision to prove something to her husband who does not exist in reality (until now to me the creatives have shown KK as the husband and not Dev) make her selfish towards her father, will they be wrong? Stubborn and goal oriented people sometimes become selfish...whether knowingly or unknowingly. But something is not feeling right for me here...a girl who was so adamant regarding her dharma is now doing this...why am I getting a feeling that the track has been changed for TRP...  Now both Radhika and Dev are doing wrong for their own weakness...both have turned a blind eye to what is wrong and what is right... All this has been done for melodrama...but my question to channel and PH is that do the leads have to be destroyed for the twists and turns? Do the leads have to be destroyed so that another character gains importance or for short term TRP gains...and more importantly does Kanha have to dragged into this. I am not even going into spiritual connection between Dev and Radhika because until now I can only see spiritual connection between Rohan and Dev.

I liked Shanti and Mohini today...Shanti was always a very real character and Mohini is soon becoming one.

As for acting, liked all...but getting angry that Avinash might be loosing out on acting oppurtunities...if they make him into a statue...if only they had shown him getting angry at Radhika first and then breaking down in front of her...then he would have got more acting oppurtunities and Dev would have been safe.

Edited by misti73 - 04 May 2011 at 12:20pm

The following 27 member(s) liked the above post:

baas-tvvijayarjunimissourinetolaNika07bvs7691rajsritvFan2013zam123ChinadollTwolaxmisRADEV1000JustShantazorinatmanusha34Daisy15..yajnaseni..arunima_LUITAngie12sigridsia_lovelyYourNightmareNeerjaadevina22kinu17PutijaChalhovanu17

Angie12 IF-Rockerz
Angie12
Angie12

Posted: 04 May 2011 at 12:38pm | IP Logged
Misti,  thank you for this.  No more analysis for me as I too feel that things changed because of TRPs.  Lets see tomorrow if the destruction of the soul of the show brought them higher TRPs.  If it did, then nothing to say anymore.  If not,  would feel a sense of vindication.

The realization on Dev's part or Padma's part to me sounded selfish too where in the end both ended up blaming Radhika again for their own shortcomings.  These two will be the ones to torture Radhika in PB instead of the normal villans who would pamper her (reversal of Dev in PB).

Still feeling sympathy for Radhika but they destroyed her.  The problem with me is also with the logic of the show.  I am not even going to talk about the characters of the lead here.  But she wants to convince Dev of her truth.  I am not even going to argue that he is worthy of being told anyone.  But,  how is she going to convince Dev?  Well Dev would only be convinced if Rohan is the one to tell him.  So how is Radhika going to Rohan's house accomplish that.  If she has so much faith in Kanha,  isn't it better that she stay with Mansa and pray for his recovery.  If he recovers, then he will tell the truth to Dev or not anyway. 

We can all argue that there were alternate ways they could have taken Radhika to PB without destroying her character.  But it is of no use.

One thing about this script.  Today, they justified Dev's silence because he didn't want to break Maheswari's faith about CB bringing good fortune to their house.  So Rohan's selfish desires and obsession is acceptable, his throwing a tantrum and endangering a life of an innocent girl is acceptable,  forcing an innocent girl to marry against her will is acceptable,  bringing an unmarried girl as somebody's wife is acceptable because it holds Maheswari's beliefs but Radhika having her beliefs and not wanting to marry somebody else because of those is not acceptable to Dev. 

And we are supposed to root for this couple who have become selfish to the core in their own personal quests for greatness - one to become great for his family and other to become great to this selfish person. 

Here I thought I wasn't going to do any analysis and yet I ended up doing it for a show that is just a farce.  Oh well.

Ok,  let me go to my scenarios now.  That is more fun.  So I was thinking that CB2 is different from CB1 because here villans are in dark about everything and leads know the truth.  Both Dev and Radhika are aware of the non-marriage and their own childhood marriage.  They really have no secrets from each other.  Tomorrow,  Radhika will even tell Dev of her motives for coming here and he will probably do the same.  So I was thinking which scenes from year 1 and year2 can be totally copied?  They will be mixing tracks from year 1 and year 2 and changing the sequence.  But everything can be incorporated now.

1.  SR scene and Haridwar wedding.  This can be done because once Rohan wakes up from the coma and wants to have SR with Radhika either because he has amnesia and doesn't remember that he is not married to Radhika or he is faking it and tormentng Radhika.  In either case,  initially Dev would order Radhika to go with Rohan but will be feeling jealous.  Then he would stop it at the last minute (after a lot of Kanha prayers by Radhika) by saying that Rohan should have a fresh start and get married again before doing so.

2.  Then he can take Rohan and Radhika to Haridwar (or Varanasi if they want to change the location) to get them married.  They only need to do one last phera and it is done.  But Radhika refuses at the last minute and they return.  It could be Dev returns first and Radhika and Rohan arrive a little later.

3.  Radhika becomes sick (she is waiting in the rain for Dev to come).  He carries her inside and Mohini is suspicious after finding his wet clothes.  Radhika is extremely sick.  Maheswari holds the havan because she doesn't want Radhika to die before signing up everything.  Rohan is obsessed with Radhika but is selfish not to take care of her.  So Dev will be doing that all night and Radhika will be calling his name just when Rohan enters.  This scene can be done with Rohan in coma too but it is more melodramatic with him awake.  Dev will make an excuse and Rohan would be mollified.

4.  Sindoor thing (2nd year stuff).  Rohan will be ordered by Maheswari to put sindoor in Radhika's Maang because this ceremony didn't get completed.  Now Dev who is aware of the truth about Radhika doesn't want this to happen.  Maybe he prays to Kanha,  there are winds and just when he is about to put sindoor,  it falls from his hand.  Radhika is saved from adharam of getting sindoor from another guy.  Never mind that she is living with this guy in his room.  Maybe here Padma could play  a vamp and forbid Radhika to live in Rohan's room until Sindoor ceremony is completed.

5.  Vat Savitri.  Dev will be keeping it by hiding it and Radhika will do it openly.  Everyone will think it is for Rohan but is for Dev.  She will wear new saree touched by Dev and saree given by Rohan would have ink on it.  It can be done in Rohan's coma track but again would be more melodramatic if it is done when he is awake.  Then a lot of Kanha songs when Radhika had to get the food/water from Rohan.  She faints and Dev rushes with water and she gets it from him.  Whew...this was a close one.  Later on they would sit in the garden and feed each other and then Dev would promise Radhika that she would accept Rohan (sindoor thing can come after this).

6.  Dev admitting finally that he loves Radhika and not hate her.  I think statue would come here for help as Radhika would be sick from the hunger strike she has undertaken to force Dev to confess to his true feelings.  Then Dev won't budge but she finds her statue.  The statue can later be find by Rohan too for his another psychotic burst.

7.  Radhika being kicked out.  Technically Dev should be the one to get kicked out here.  But probably it would be Radhika after they find that she is having a secret affair with somebody.  To save Dev, she would allow herself to be kicked out.  Or maybe it would be Dev this time. 

8.  Radhika and Dev would search for each other depending on who gets kicked out.

9.  Radhika has an amnesia (don't know the time period and it depends how long the show lasts) and she forgets Dev.  Dev cannot prove his childhood wedding because there is no proof.  So she disbelieves him and gets engaged to another guy.  Now she is the rude one and Dev is the pleading one.  Hmm.  this one may provide some satisfaction to viewers who are tired of this crap.

10.  Then there are countless havans etc where Rohan and Radhika would be told to sit but would end up having with Dev and Radhika.  Not sure how Dev's disguise would be hidden because he can't sit in sehra.  Have to think about this?

Will write more as they occur to me.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

baas-tvvijayarjunnetolalaxmisarunima_LUITNeerjaamisti73

netola Groupbie
netola
netola

Posted: 04 May 2011 at 1:05pm | IP Logged

Edited by netola - 11 June 2011 at 3:32pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Angie12misti73Neerjaa

misti73 IF-Sizzlerz
misti73
misti73

Posted: 04 May 2011 at 2:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by why6

Misti,  thank you for this.  No more analysis for me as I too feel that things changed because of TRPs.  Lets see tomorrow if the destruction of the soul of the show brought them higher TRPs.  If it did, then nothing to say anymore.  If not,  would feel a sense of vindication.
Angie you are welcome. Maybe the TAMs will increase for last week...because people might be interested in what happened in the wedding...I mean if they were not turned off by fire again. I am more interested in next week. Anyway still have tmrw and fridays episodes left. 

The realization on Dev's part or Padma's part to me sounded selfish too where in the end both ended up blaming Radhika again for their own shortcomings.  These two will be the ones to torture Radhika in PB instead of the normal villans who would pamper her (reversal of Dev in PB).
Padma till now has been a weak character...knowing that her son is irresponsible she cannot still see that the extreme temper tantrums that he throws are not signs of a normal person...In fact the pandit told her that there was a problem with Rohan horoscope, so how can this be Radhikas fault?...but she most probably won't see that because that would mean her not accepting her fault. Well lets see what she does tomorrow, for us to get a better idea. As for Dev he has to come down to the pits and loose his self respect completely to realise what a blunder he has been doing.    If only they had shown if breaking down after shouting at Radhika, thenthat would have showed his helplessnes.

Still feeling sympathy for Radhika but they destroyed her.  The problem with me is also with the logic of the show.  I am not even going to talk about the characters of the lead here.  But she wants to convince Dev of her truth.  I am not even going to argue that he is worthy of being told anyone.  But,  how is she going to convince Dev?  Well Dev would only be convinced if Rohan is the one to tell him.  So how is Radhika going to Rohan's house accomplish that.  If she has so much faith in Kanha,  isn't it better that she stay with Mansa and pray for his recovery.  If he recovers, then he will tell the truth to Dev or not anyway.
Dev told her that because of her action Rohan has come to this and the happiness of the family has been destroyed and for that he will hate her...so she now might be thinking that if Rohan recovers by some action of hers and also the families happiness is restored, then Dev might stop hating her. She does not realise about Devs insecurity complex and sense of obligation...As for her faith in Kanha...that might be just support here...To me the essence of her is not Kanha, it is the childhood marriage. 

We can all argue that there were alternate ways they could have taken Radhika to PB without destroying her character.  But it is of no use.
Yes

One thing about this script.  Today, they justified Dev's silence because he didn't want to break Maheswari's faith about CB bringing good fortune to their house.  So Rohan's selfish desires and obsession is acceptable, his throwing a tantrum and endangering a life of an innocent girl is acceptable,  forcing an innocent girl to marry against her will is acceptable,  bringing an unmarried girl as somebody's wife is acceptable because it holds Maheswari's beliefs but Radhika having her beliefs and not wanting to marry somebody else because of those is not acceptable to Dev.
Yes...thats what obligation and his aim for sacrifing for the family has turned him into...a selfish person towards anyone other than the family. He also did not think about Mansaram's family...even if he thinks Radhika is guilty and he wants to punish her but what has that to do with Mansaram and his family.  In real life also when someone bows down to family pressure and decides not to marry someone, do they think about the other person in the equation? Do they sacrifice their hapiness or sacrifice some other human being to prove their loyalty to the family?

Edited by misti73 - 04 May 2011 at 3:00pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Angie12Neerjaa

Angie12 IF-Rockerz
Angie12
Angie12

Posted: 04 May 2011 at 3:15pm | IP Logged
Misti,

Another thing is these fake husband stuff.  This has nothing to do with the context of the show.  It is do with channel's decision too.  See 2009 and 2010 were the years of fake wives and amnesia.  So Dev had two fake wives and an amnesia and Lali of Agle Janam was a fake wife.

2011 is a year of fake husbands and non-completion of marriages to the fake husbands.  So in YMGGK had a wedding with second husband even though the first one is alive.  The wedding there too had six pheras and there was no seventh phera and sindoor.  Now the lead character is living with her almost second husband in the same room despite her belief that her real first husband is alive.  She is not sleeping with the second husband.

Same thing happening in Choti bahu too.  Just saw the new promo posted by Nipun and it was disgusting.  Radhika was telling Dev of taking care of Rohan so that he gets cured and tell him the truth.  Then she was asking that if that happened,  would Dev accept her?  They didn't show Dev's reply.  So she will be doing all this work and getting abuse from Padma and Dev along with snide remarks from Mohini (who would at least be tolerable).   Maheswari would take her side and Viraath would silence his wife.  Anyway,  when Rohan wakes up, he would have amnesia and Dev would back away from Radhika.  Then it would be Dev asking Radhika to pretend to be Rohan's wife until he gets his memory back. 

My question is that do they have to destroy Radhika's self-respect too along with Dev.  The real Radha had a lot of self-respect and chose to stay behind when Kanha left for Mathura.  She did not accompany him.  Also she was not the one to apologize.  It was Krishna who would run after her and placate her.  How is Radhika representing that and where is the spiritual love?  All I see is neediness on Radhika's part and chauvanism & selfishness on Dev's part.   

They ruined CB1 but at least one could see the mutual love on both sides.  Neither Radhika nor Dev did anything wrong wilfully.  They were more victims of circumstances at least initially.  Also Dev was very mindful of Shastri family and the same was true for Radhika.  They did ping-pong them but did not destroy them to this extent.

Here the serial has just started and Dev is so unlikeable that as an audience I want Radhika to dump him instantly and do her own thing.  Radhika was ok but has become so needy for Dev's acceptance that there is no sense of wrong or right anymore.  How can you like such characters or have sympathy for them?  All you want them is to bear the consequences of their actions.  So I would like Dev losing Radhika for good and really showing regret, remorse as well as fear of never getting her back.  I want Radhika to shed her self-destructive behavior and grow out of her neediness.  She needs to find alternatives for her life.  At this point, their glances where they longingly look at each other would only irritate me. 

misti73Neerjaa

misti73 IF-Sizzlerz
misti73
misti73

Posted: 04 May 2011 at 3:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by why6

And we are supposed to root for this couple who have become selfish to the core in their own personal quests for greatness - one to become great for his family and other to become great to this selfish person.
Radhika is not thinking about the wider repurcussions of her action and that might make her appear selfish to some of the audience. Dev has always done this so I don't think audicne will be much surprised regarding him.

Here I thought I wasn't going to do any analysis and yet I ended up doing it for a show that is just a farce.  Oh well.
Ouch

Ok,  let me go to my scenarios now.  That is more fun.  So I was thinking that CB2 is different from CB1 because here villans are in dark about everything and leads know the truth.  Both Dev and Radhika are aware of the non-marriage and their own childhood marriage.  They really have no secrets from each other. 
Oh yes thats true.
Tomorrow,  Radhika will even tell Dev of her motives for coming here and he will probably do the same.  So I was thinking which scenes from year 1 and year2 can be totally copied?  They will be mixing tracks from year 1 and year 2 and changing the sequence.  But everything can be incorporated now.

1.  SR scene and Haridwar wedding.  This can be done because once Rohan wakes up from the coma and wants to have SR with Radhika either because he has amnesia and doesn't remember that he is not married to Radhika or he is faking it and tormentng Radhika...or he wants her because thats what he is and as usual he expects to have her...another scenario that he becomes good while he is in coma...sees the light.Wink  In either case,  initially Dev would order Radhika to go with Rohan but will be feeling jealous.  Then he would stop it at the last minute (after a lot of Kanha prayers by Radhika) by saying that Rohan should have a fresh start and get married again before doing so.Big smile

2.  Then he can take Rohan and Radhika to Haridwar (or Varanasi if they want to change the location) to get them married.  They only need to do one last phera and it is done.  But Radhika refuses at the last minute and they return.  It could be Dev returns first and Radhika and Rohan arrive a little later.Oh yes...Dev has to return first...thanks for reminding me the sequence.WinkLOL

3.  Radhika becomes sick (she is waiting in the rain for Dev to come).  He carries her inside and Mohini is suspicious after finding his wet clothes (LOL).  Radhika is extremely sick.  Maheswari holds the havan because she doesn't want Radhika to die before signing up everything (definitely..).  Rohan is obsessed with Radhika but is selfish not to take care of her.  So Dev will be doing that all night and Radhika will be calling his name just when Rohan enters.  This scene can be done with Rohan in coma too but it is more melodramatic with him awakeLOL.  Dev will make an excuse and Rohan would be mollified.

4.  Sindoor thing (2nd year stuff).  Rohan will be ordered by Maheswari to put sindoor in Radhika's Maang because this ceremony didn't get completed.  Now Dev who is aware of the truth about Radhika doesn't want this to happen.  Maybe he prays to Kanha,  there are winds and just when he is about to put sindoor,  it falls from his hand.  Radhika is saved from adharam of getting sindoor from another guy.  Never mind that she is living with this guy in his room.  Maybe here Padma could play  a vamp and forbid Radhika to live in Rohan's room until Sindoor ceremony is completed.Lets see what she does tmrw.

5.  Vat Savitri.  Dev will be keeping it by hiding it and Radhika will do it openly.  Everyone will think it is for Rohan but is for Dev.  She will wear new saree touched by Dev and saree given by Rohan would have ink on it (ink on it..ahh to differentiate between the two saris...LOLLOLLOL).  It can be done in Rohan's coma track but again would be more melodramatic if it is done when he is awake)LOLLOL (I am glad that you are paying serious attention to the melodramatic scenesWink).  Then a lot of Kanha songs when Radhika had to get the food/water from Rohan.  She faints and Dev rushes with water and she gets it from him.  Whew...this was a close one.  Later on they would sit in the garden and feed each other and then Dev would promise Radhika that she would accept Rohan (sindoor thing can come after this) .

6.  Dev admitting finally that he loves Radhika and not hate her.  I think statue would come here for help as Radhika would be sick from the hunger strike she has undertaken to force Dev to confess to his true feelings.  Then Dev won't budge but she finds her statue.  The statue can later be find by Rohan too for his another psychotic burst.(If Rohan finds it then Dev should definitely run)

7.  Radhika being kicked out.  Technically Dev should be the one to get kicked out here.  But probably it would be Radhika after they find that she is having a secret affair with somebody.  To save Dev, she would allow herself to be kicked out.  Or maybe it would be Dev this time. (actually would want Radhika to leave by now...despearately,,...she can take all the blame on herself and just leave)
 8.  Radhika and Dev would search for each other depending on who gets kicked out.

9.  Radhika has an amnesia (don't know the time period and it depends how long the show lasts) and she forgets Dev.  Dev cannot prove his childhood wedding because there is no proof.  So she disbelieves him and gets engaged to another guy.  Now she is the rude one and Dev is the pleading one.  Hmm.  this one may provide some satisfaction to viewers who are tired of this crap.(Oh would definitely want to watch this)

10.  Then there are countless havans etc where Rohan and Radhika would be told to sit but would end up having with Dev and Radhika. (But I thought thaat Radhika is out of Purohit house and has amnesia and is now engaged to a hanndsome guy who adores her,...so why should she sit with Rohan for the havans?) Not sure how Dev's disguise would be hidden because he can't sit in sehra.  Have to think about this?

Will write more as they occur to me.
 Ok....LOLLOL

Angie12Neerjaa

misti73 IF-Sizzlerz
misti73
misti73

Posted: 04 May 2011 at 3:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by netola

what of event, jewellry getting tangled? & oh slowly they would unclasp them ,with eyelock of desire

You mean real ornaments getting entangled or tracks getting entangled.Wink

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Neerjaa

Angie12 IF-Rockerz
Angie12
Angie12

Posted: 04 May 2011 at 3:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by netola

what of event, jewellry getting tangled? & oh slowly they would unclasp them ,with eyelock of desire
Thanks for reminding about this.  Ok, so how is this going to play out?  Well,  Dev is Radhika (corrupt version) and Radhika is Dev in CB2.  So technically,  Dev should go to Radhika's room.  But it would be opposite.  Now Radhika who may not be living in Rohan's room (due to Padma's disapproval tomorrow - see Kanha is looking after Radhika making sure that she doesn't commit any sin except for lying about marriage to another guy) would visit Dev's room.  Hence her finding his room few episodes ago.

Dev would throw his tantrum as usual and just then Mohin would try to enter because she is becoming suspicious of both.  She is the intelligent one here now and Maheswari is the dumb one (Maheswari is now Vishaka and ignoring all the signs of interaction between Dev and Radhika).  Radhika would ask for things that would get her close to Dev and Mahewari would grant Radhika's wish as Radhika is her favorite DIL for now.  It is like pampering of Dev by Vaishali and Dadima.  It is just that here it is fake pampering of Radhika.  Well Radhika should enjoy it as long as it lasts because she deserves some pampering.

Anyway, I digress.  So Mohini is about to enter, Dev quickly embraces Radhika and the Kanha's necklace is entangled.  Then that nice song "Jiye jage..." plays in the background and they long eyelock until Dev remembers that he is supposed to be obnoxious and gets back into his thing. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

laxmisNeerjaamisti73

Go to top