India-Forums

Gulaal
Gulaal

I sense Talli trouble... (Page 8)

*Reemz* IF-Stunnerz
*Reemz*
*Reemz*

Posted: 05 May 2011 at 3:06pm | IP Logged
Well BV is also going to show that the second wife as negative which means Jagya-Anandi will end up together :)

I would suggest that you watch the show before leap too because it explains the whole deeyavatu situation very well. 

Regarding Gulaal have feelings for Kesar, isn't this why they're showing her supporting Kesar and Talli? Because she doesn't intend to have any romantic feelings for him. She has that emotional tug with him but the romantic tug will come later after seeing how this adult Kesar acts with her. 

Anyway, we're not going to agree with this ;) As I said, I am not viewing this as a child marrying an adult, its more about the relationship between two people changing over time. Not all love stories are conventional and not all of them are perfect. Plus serials, especially INDIAN dramas are not to be taken seriously. There was this English soap which showed a relationship between half brother and sister. What do you take from that? Nothing because no-one is suddenly going to condone that kind of relationship JUST because its been shown in a drama.

You even see 20-30 year olds with 60-70 years olds. We frown upon that because its like two generations skipped but its their choice, their life.

Edited by *Reemz* - 05 May 2011 at 3:07pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ritukaprithvipoppinss

suki11 Goldie
suki11
suki11

Posted: 05 May 2011 at 4:32pm | IP Logged
I think more than likely everyone agrees with the following on this forum:-

1) Child marriage is wrong, both morally and legally
2) This show is fictional as are all events in it and on one should use it as basis upon to make life decisions
3) None of us would truly wish to ever see ourselves or ones close to us in either gulaal's or kesar's position today.

Now coming to why I personally watch Indian tv serials. Firstly yes they are a form of escapism to me, as they are to billions worldwide. I'll also admit I rather shallowly like to watch some of the more boring, un-entertaining one's just because I love the Indian fashion, and its away to keep up to date with it.

Coming to what makes a serial appeal to me, good actors with even better chemistry, great script, and amazing sets sure play apart in making a good show, but IMO those are just the outer skin of a show. The substance of the show is crucial, what the show wants us to see/hear, its message to us its audience, is what draws me to it. Do I want to see this story unfold? Do I want to listen to its voice? Those are questions I admit I sadly ask myself. Not initially, but after a few epis yes I do, because I want to know if this show is worth my time.
What's the point in watching something you've heard or seen a million times? What's the point in watching a show that portrays characters or scenarios that you can't relate to? What's the point in a watching a certain show when you know with a click of the remote you can watch something a hellva lot better?

Relating to a character or the situation they are in is important. If you watch a show and spend the whole time scratching your head wondering wth is going on or W*F are the characters doing, you might as well switch off. Agreed most people can't relate to a murder, rapist, or any criminal, but in some instances some shows do a decent job of showing how such a character came to be. So although you won't agree with or be any of those things, you get why some individuals come to be.

Ok coming to this show! Why I watch gulaal, was because I was drawn to gulaal's and vasant's characters. I enjoyed watching their romance blossum, and loved the gulaal/kesar bond alongside kesar/vasant rista. I might not agree with gulaal's decision to 'marry' kesar, but I get why she did it. She in her confused (I'm not ignoring the fact that she was recently bereaved and still grieving) head, perhaps honestly believed that she was doing the right thing.
But the point is she commited a crime. And I can't condone such crimes. Child marriage is classed as child abuse. I don't watch B.V and couldn't care less what that show portrays as an result. But gulaal quite frankly speaking upon 'marrying' kesar commited child abuse. And the whole village, that stood there and allowed and accepted it, are condoning a crime. No one on this forum can escape that fact because that is what it is a fact.
Agreed all love stories aren't convential nor perfect. Perfection is something all of us must strive for, and few will ever achieve it. Again none of us are suddenly going to stalk playgrounds in an attempt to find potential husbands because of watching this show. Nor are we going to view boys/girls kesar's age when he was married as individuals we may one day grow to love as life partners.
But yes, some people who do practise such customs, may well feel justified in doing so, because of this show. Again I'm not saying this likely but chances are it could happen. My point is whether you or I see this as show about child marriage, other people will, and some of those people might practice child marriage, and feel that 'yes we are doing a good thing'.
Furthermore think of the poor children who are suffering (suffered), the abuse of child marriage.What a slap in face this show and others like it are for them. Here they were lamenting their fate, when infact hey, according to this show, what's happening (happened) to them is actually a good thing.
This show is sending a social message and in this case if it chooses to portray child marraige IMO they should do the right thing and show it is wrong. No what ifs or buts, it is plain wrong. Its a crime, and everyone who watches this show realise this. Right now I think their glamourising this concept by showing the beautiful gulaal and hottie neil, having some grand love story. That is not the reality so stop showing it.
Just think if they showed up a screwed up G-K, as an result of such a marriage and just one, just one person changes their minds and prevents such a marriage from happening. Wouldn't that be a good thing? Wouldn't it be better knowing that this happened rather than seeing G-K romancing? And it can happen, yes it most likely won't, but it might.

Sorry I've just realized how long this post is! Sorry If I've offended anyone, that is definitely not my intention!

..Amri..Incense

Incense IF-Sizzlerz
Incense
Incense

Posted: 06 May 2011 at 1:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Reemz*

Well BV is also going to show that the second wife as negative which means Jagya-Anandi will end up together :)

I would suggest that you watch the show before leap too because it explains the whole deeyavatu situation very well. 

Regarding Gulaal have feelings for Kesar, isn't this why they're showing her supporting Kesar and Talli? Because she doesn't intend to have any romantic feelings for him. She has that emotional tug with him but the romantic tug will come later after seeing how this adult Kesar acts with her. 

Anyway, we're not going to agree with this ;) As I said, I am not viewing this as a child marrying an adult, its more about the relationship between two people changing over time. Not all love stories are conventional and not all of them are perfect. Plus serials, especially INDIAN dramas are not to be taken seriously. There was this English soap which showed a relationship between half brother and sister. What do you take from that? Nothing because no-one is suddenly going to condone that kind of relationship JUST because its been shown in a drama.

You even see 20-30 year olds with 60-70 years olds. We frown upon that because its like two generations skipped but its their choice, their life.

if anandi and jagdish end up together i will say both are dumb as now they are adult and educated they know that their child marrige is illegal and senseless i suppose jagdish is a doctor ...so he has  right to chose his companion so is anandi...whatever

yes i have watched previous epi thats y i comment on adult -child marriage ...still this strange alliance is  lacking strong reason like i said gulaal had an option to save kesar by marrying D and that time she didnt  even know the connection of D with vasant murder...anyways if she didnt marry D just becoz she didnt want to build relation with other person  and married a child...then how come i expect her to build a relation with kesar as man and wife  now ???... will she not be guilty wen she fall for him .???..basically everyone eats apple at the end ! and if she doesnt eats it ...what they want to show us talli and kesarShocked

we are not here to question english culture i know half brother and sister marriage is acceptable in english society  ...so whom i to reject it but what about child -adult marriage do any society give its consent is it a healthy alliance ??????

i have seen 50 year marrying 16 year which is an equal crime...but doesnt means that this alliance could be accepted by the sheer fact oh everyone does its common for a man to have 3 wives for a 60 year to marry a 16 year old so we can have a marriage between 12 and 22 year ...thats no excuse ya i accept marriage between 21 and 40 year old women as both are mature to take their decision ...

Edited by arti07 - 06 May 2011 at 3:30am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

suki11

nirmaldas Groupbie
nirmaldas
nirmaldas

Posted: 06 May 2011 at 3:32am | IP Logged
I HAVE A GUT FEELING THAT TALLI WILL END UP WITH DUSHYANT.I FEEL GULAAL WILL BE FORCED IN TO RELATIONSHIP WITH KESAR DUE TO SOME CIRCUMSTANCES THEY GET CAUGHT IN AGAINST HER WILL IN THE BEGINNING OF COURSE BUT LATER SHE WILL SUCCUMB TO HIS CHARMS.MAY BE THEY WILL GET STRANDED SOMEWHERE FOR A FEW DAYS AND WHEN THEY RETURN EVERY ONE ESPECIALLY JAMUNA WILL WANT THEM TO STAY TOGETHER .AFTER YESTERDAYS EPISODE JAMUNA THINKS KESAR HAS FEELINGS FOR TALLI ,SO SHE WOULD SURELY WANT KESAR AND GULAAL TO CONSUMMATE THEIR MARRIAGE JUST TO SPITE TALLI.TALLI WILL GET EVEN WITH JAMUNA BY MARRYING DUSHYANT AND BECOMING HER BAHU.WISHFUL THINKING MAY BE..LETS SEE.THE WORST THAT CAN HAPPEN IS TALLI KESAR MARRIAGE.ANYTHING OTHER THAN THAT CANBE TOLERABLE.
Incense IF-Sizzlerz
Incense
Incense

Posted: 06 May 2011 at 3:33am | IP Logged

^ may be

Edited by arti07 - 06 May 2011 at 3:33am
nirmaldas Groupbie
nirmaldas
nirmaldas

Posted: 06 May 2011 at 3:55am | IP Logged
NOW THAT KESAR IS A GROWN UP MAN HE HAS THE RIGHT TO DIS REGARD HIS MARRIAGE TO GULAAL AND MOVE ON IN LIFE.NO ONE IS FORCING GULAAL ON HIM .WELL MAY BE JAMUNA OUT OF SPITE AND SELFISHNESS.BUT HE HAS THE CHOICE TO LOVE.AND IT IS GULAAL HE LOVES.IF GULAAL RECIPROCATES HIS LOVE NO ONE CAN STOP THEM.THE SITUATIONS HAVE CHANGED A LOT SINCE THE DEYAR BATTU.IT WAS A SPUR OF THE MOMENT DECISION TAKEN BY GULAAL.BUT THERE HAS ALWAYS BEEN A BOND OF FRIENDSHIP BETWEEN THEM.EVEN SHE IS WEAKENING NOW BECAUSE A DECADE OF LONELINESS CAN CHANGE ANYONE.THE SECOND IMLI [ ON THE FLOOR ]SCENE SHOWS HER YEARNING FOR KESAR EVEN THOUGH SHE TELLS MOTABA THAT DEYAR BATTU IS JUST A WORD FOR HER AND SHE WILL GET TALLI MARRIED TO KESAR.WHEN KESAR PULLED TALLI BY HER ARMS AND TOOK HER UPSTAIRS IN THURSDAYS EPISODE THE EXPRESSION ON HER FACE WAS GLOOMY AS IF SHE COULD SENSE HIM SLIPPING AWAY FROM HER.SO THERE ARE TWO FACES TO GULAAL NOW.ONE PART OF HER WANTS KESAR AND THE OTHER PART IS OF THE RIGHTEOUS WOMAN WHO WOULD STICK TO HER WORDS AND DO THE RIGHT THING.SO THE MOVE HAS TO COME FROM KESAR OR THE ELDERS IN THE FAMILY.BUT TALLI IS ALSO A DECIDING FACTOR .I WOULD LIKE TO SEE GULAL WITH KESAR IN THE END. MAY BE A NEW DASHING YOUNG MAN WILL BE INTRODUCED TO US IN THE COMING EPISODES WHO CAN CHANGE THE PLOT AND ALSO TAKE CARE OF THE TALLI PROBLEM.OTHERWISE THE SERIAL WILL BE DOOMED FOR SURE.

ansuya12..Amri..

..Amri.. IF-Sizzlerz
..Amri..
..Amri..

Posted: 06 May 2011 at 4:51am | IP Logged

Originally posted by nirmaldas

NOW THAT KESAR IS A GROWN UP MAN HE HAS THE RIGHT TO DIS REGARD HIS MARRIAGE TO GULAAL AND MOVE ON IN LIFE.NO ONE IS FORCING GULAAL ON HIM .WELL MAY BE JAMUNA OUT OF SPITE AND SELFISHNESS.BUT HE HAS THE CHOICE TO LOVE.AND IT IS GULAAL HE LOVES.IF GULAAL RECIPROCATES HIS LOVE NO ONE CAN STOP THEM.THE SITUATIONS HAVE CHANGED A LOT SINCE THE DEYAR BATTU.IT WAS A SPUR OF THE MOMENT DECISION TAKEN BY GULAAL.BUT THERE HAS ALWAYS BEEN A BOND OF FRIENDSHIP BETWEEN THEM.EVEN SHE IS WEAKENING NOW BECAUSE A DECADE OF LONELINESS CAN CHANGE ANYONE.THE SECOND IMLI [ ON THE FLOOR ]SCENE SHOWS HER YEARNING FOR KESAR EVEN THOUGH SHE TELLS MOTABA THAT DEYAR BATTU IS JUST A WORD FOR HER AND SHE WILL GET TALLI MARRIED TO KESAR.WHEN KESAR PULLED TALLI BY HER ARMS AND TOOK HER UPSTAIRS IN THURSDAYS EPISODE THE EXPRESSION ON HER FACE WAS GLOOMY AS IF SHE COULD SENSE HIM SLIPPING AWAY FROM HER.SO THERE ARE TWO FACES TO GULAAL NOW.ONE PART OF HER WANTS KESAR AND THE OTHER PART IS OF THE RIGHTEOUS WOMAN WHO WOULD STICK TO HER WORDS AND DO THE RIGHT THING.SO THE MOVE HAS TO COME FROM KESAR OR THE ELDERS IN THE FAMILY.BUT TALLI IS ALSO A DECIDING FACTOR .I WOULD LIKE TO SEE GULAL WITH KESAR IN THE END. MAY BE A NEW DASHING YOUNG MAN WILL BE INTRODUCED TO US IN THE COMING EPISODES WHO CAN CHANGE THE PLOT AND ALSO TAKE CARE OF THE TALLI PROBLEM.OTHERWISE THE SERIAL WILL BE DOOMED FOR SURE.

Agreed with each and very word of yours, nirmal. Beautifully put!Clap I can't have said it better.

A friendly word, if I may? Typing in caps implies shouting on the net. And no one knows this better than me, I was pulled up by a senior member for doing so when I was a newbie...Wink So please take note of it, and have a whale of a time on the forum.Smile
nirmaldas Groupbie
nirmaldas
nirmaldas

Posted: 06 May 2011 at 9:07am | IP Logged
A friendly word, if I may? Typing in caps implies shouting on the net. And no one knows this better than me, I was pulled up by a senior member for doing so when I was a newbie...Wink So please take note of it, and have a whale of a time on the forum.Smile

oops..never thought about it before.but where gulal and kesar are concerned i really feel like shouting.We cant let the story go wrong.

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Gulaal Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index