Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ritukaprithvi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
@ arti
I agree with Lennie here totally .Gulaal did what was the right thing to do given the few options she had. She was being rolled into a decision.
I would also do what GULAALdid if the chance arose. Hind sight is always twenty -twenty. Regarding marrying Dushyant at that time would have been a graver mistake according to me than marrying KESAR.Dushyant then was not a man he is being now , GULAAL would have had to go through martial rape every day with him, he was and is very obstinate fellow.She knew this and hence hid behind KESAR and got ten years to tame Dushyant.
Now KESAR is a grown up man, he can decide what he wants so let us give him the option. KESAR has not really lost out on anything here really according to me has only gained from GULAAL.
Gulaal can accept KESAR as her husband if he so desires, she can be coaxed by him. He is her only weakness and can be swayed in his direction.  

Incense thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: ritukaprithvi

@ arti

I agree with Lennie here totally .Gulaal did what was the right thing to do given the few options she had. She was being rolled into a decision.
I would also do what GULAALdid if the chance arose. Hind sight is always twenty -twenty. Regarding marrying Dushyant at that time would have been a graver mistake according to me than marrying KESAR.Dushyant then was not a man he is being now , GULAAL would have had to go through martial rape every day with him, he was and is very obstinate fellow.She knew this and hence hid behind KESAR and got ten years to tame Dushyant.
Now KESAR is a grown up man, he can decide what he wants so let us give him the option. KESAR has not really lost out on anything here really according to me has only gained from GULAAL.
Gulaal can accept KESAR as her husband if he so desires, she can be coaxed by him. He is her only weakness and can be swayed in his direction.  

ritu i know the serial is all about gul-kes but i not happy with the reason of doing deeyarvatu with an 12 year old child ...gulaal is the protogonist of the serial and indian serial protogonist is oftern women of high morals courage and strength her actions are elevated than a normal women...her deeds are backed by the strong reason ...an indian protogonist never thinks about herself she sacrifice for other benefit but here if she had done deeyarvatu with  12 year child just to avoid relation with dushyant and to escape from man and wife relationship...she is then selfish to think about herself and to risk kesar life and his childhood and her purpose of being protogonsit is defeated...its not that cv didnt have strong reason for deeyarvatu they could have shown us that first gulaal agree to marry dushyant  for kesar and her family sake and later on finds the truth of dushyant and then instead of marrying him marry kesar...it could be a strong reson but cv didnt showed us that ...instead gulaal first married kesar and then find the truth ...

so i still looking for the strong reason y gulaal did deeyarvatu with a child????? if she has done to save herself then i m sorry but she is weak protogonist for me...even her plans to marry kesar with talli sicken me alot its like what the hell is kesar your puppet or what y do u play with his life all the time ...

the only person which make me watch the show is kesar i love his flawless character he is a normal human being...he hates  murderer of his brother...he respect his elder...he has healthy relations with his friend...he is finding out the truth backed by the proof before asking anything to other...above all he respects and loves his wife...and  he has saved gulaal from being accused of spoiling his life and his childhood ...by accpeting her as his wife
Edited by arti07 - 12 years ago
*Reemz* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
^But she didn't do it for selfish reasons. She was LEAVING the house, Kesar was crying and pleading her not to leave. Just as she was about to go, the police inspector comes and her fear about Kesar's life being in danger only strengthens.

If you watch the entire episode you will see Gulaal question WHY she couldn't just live in the house as Vasant's widow? Why does a woman have to marry again? She questioned all the customs but then she decided to go ahead with this deeyavatu custom so she could stay in the house to protect Kesar. I don't understand how it's selfishness at all πŸ˜• 

Why should she have to marry Dushyant? Isn't it obvious that one day she would be expected to have a family with him? 

Bottomline is, whether she had married Kesar or not, it has not affected Kesar's feelings towards Gulaal. It hasn't messed him up knowing that he has a wife. 
Edited by *Reemz* - 12 years ago
Incense thumbnail
Originally posted by: *Reemz*

^But she didn't do it for selfish reasons. She was LEAVING the house, Kesar was crying and pleading her not to leave. Just as she was about to go, the police inspector comes and her fear about Kesar's life being in danger only strengthens.

If you watch the entire episode you will see Gulaal question WHY she couldn't just live in the house as Vasant's widow? Why does a woman have to marry again? She questioned all the customs but then she decided to go ahead with this deeyavatu custom so she could stay in the house to protect Kesar. I don't understand how it's selfishness at all πŸ˜• 

Why should she have to marry Dushyant? Isn't it obvious that one day she would be expected to have a family with him? 

Bottomline is, whether she had married Kesar or not, it has not affected Kesar's feelings towards Gulaal. It hasn't messed him up knowing that he has a wife. 

so there is nothing wrong in marrying a 12 year old child ...y do we ban child marriage then😲
*Reemz* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Of course its wrong realistically but no-one is condoning child marriage. But the situation in the serial required this to happen otherwise how would the story go forward? Should we have witnessed Gulaal falling for her husband's murderer?

I'm just looking at the context of the serial...which at the end of the day is fictional :)
reemg thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: arti07

so there is nothing wrong in marrying a 12 year old child ...y do we ban child marriage then😲

it's not about marrying a child - it's what was in their hearts at the time.
For Gulaal the marriage was just a word.
She had no more to it .. The marriage never changed the relationship and feelings Kesar had for Gulaal.
Lennie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
All i can say the point of this show was the deeyavatu happening and Kes-Gul marriage

Gulaal choosing Kesar wasnt done for the hell of it, the situation was that it left little choice to and she wasnt selfish - no way was she selfish - from the story point it made sense and why Gulaal did what she did and how and why... i understood it when i watched that episode before and after and so on, we can say what if and this and that, but it doesnt change anything concerning this show does it, and again i still stand by what she did, even everyone understood why as well

All i can is watch the episode and understand it, coz if you cant then i dont know what else i can say, and maybe there is no point in following this story and the show...

😊

Watch the show Phulwa right now, Shanker the main lead is marrying a 12 yrs old girl forcefully in front of everyone - why, coz when that show started the main point was to get to the twist where Phulwas marries at 12 (which some viewers dont seem to get why its happening) and to an older man
Edited by Lennie - 12 years ago
Incense thumbnail
Originally posted by: *Reemz*

Of course its wrong realistically but no-one is condoning child marriage. But the situation in the serial required this to happen otherwise how would the story go forward? Should we have witnessed Gulaal falling for her husband's murderer?

I'm just looking at the context of the serial...which at the end of the day is fictional :)

no...marrying a child is still πŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜• ( will understood later on perhaps ) still i dont like gulaal's act to save her or save her from relationship ...certainly not for the benefit of kesar as kesar could be saved wen she had married D ...anyways leave it ...btw i have read a story where husband murderer is given a punishment to serve the departed family member and in course of time he falls in love with protogonist ...it was  interesting though dont remember the name
Incense thumbnail
Originally posted by: Lennie

All i can say the point of this show was the deeyavatu happening and Kes-Gul marriage

Gulaal choosing Kesar wasnt done for the hell of it, the situation was that it left little choice to and she wasnt selfish - no way was she selfish - from the story point it made sense and why Gulaal did what she did and how and why... i understood it when i watched that episode before and after and so on, we can say what if and this and that, but it doesnt change anything concerning this show does it, and again i still stand by what she did, even everyone understood why as well

All i can is watch the episode and understand it, coz if you cant then i dont know what else i can say, and maybe there is no point in following this story and the show...

😊

Watch the show Phulwa right now, Shanker the main lead is marrying a 12 yrs old girl forcefully in front of everyone - why, coz when that show started the main point was to get to the twist where Phulwas marries at 12 (which some viewers dont seem to get why its happening) and to an older man

🀒🀒🀒🀒🀒 thank god i not watching it and nor has any intention to watch it ! girl child marriage is worst thing anybody could have shown...kes-gul is different from phulwa ...no offence to phulwas fans

Lennie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Phulwa is somewhat based on a true story of Phoolen Devi

These things happen in some villages, harsh in a way but it happens and for them its probably natural in some way coz they live in that time/world/life, sometimes we cant look at things in a one set mind, sometimes it need to look from so many angles and such, not everything is black and white
Edited by Lennie - 12 years ago