Why the big fuss over jeans? - Page 3

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by fanbidaai

i live in one of the romantic islands in the world Rashi just reminded me of some funny  incidences, when honeymooners(from our origin) come here  the new wed henna covered hands feet, the bangles on the arms the walk around in bikinis (the locals find it funny btw because they are covered), they are smiling  happy look at me (you all get it ) until they see my hubby Mr sadar ji  then they are trying to run for cover just like rashi did, my hubby is bad he teases them asking if their ma or sassuma knows shes wearing that...
🀣... OMG! Can't believe they did that! but ur husband is right people shouldn't have double standards, don't do anything u family wouldn't approve of just cos they aren't there... Ur husband is amazing r u sure u rn't related to koki...πŸ˜† just joking.
Originally posted by *Reemz*

^But if they always need someone to get them together then maybe they're not meant to be. They need to show that Gopi and Ahem can fall in love without anyone's interference. 

It's the Modi house Kokilaji!! Give the kids a break here at least!

Seriously, if that Ahem needs someone holding a birch rod over him all the time in order to keep him in line, Gopi's better off in some nice Kanhaji ashram or temple or something, doing the very same domestic-help duties she does at Modi Bhavan.

Koki's just overpowering the entire serial, although I do find her entertaining, the CVs are losing perspective πŸ˜•
Bubble

coz through jeans...ppl will knw tht modi's hv 2 legs...lolz
I knw its not making any sense...
But i culdn't found any ans. Except this...lolzEdited by geet06 - 12 years ago
there isn't anything wrong with it through our eyes. Why? because we are mostly all modern and live in the 21st century, so we understand the concept of jeans and so forth. But we must not forget that there are still many people out there that value the traditional thinking. In fact, many religious groups outside of Hinduism don't allow females to wear jeans, they have to be in skirts below their knees, with stocking if it shows their ankles. Orthodox Jews is one of them. I went to school in that sort of community and grew up with it, they still follow that rule till date. There is nothing wrong with that either. Respect one's tradition. What we may think is right doesn't have to be right. Yes the whole world has modernized and especially in India, but that doesn't mean you have to apply the same rules in your house hold. My sister doesn't wear sleeveless, she is married now so feels uncomfortable. Same goes for me. I wear sleeveless but don't wear really thin sleeveless shirts as I get uncomfortable in front of my father in law. So everyone has different ways of looking at things and so does Koki. I do agree however that they shouldn't be wearing a sari there, but only for comfort reasons, it would be more comfortable in salwar.
Edited by taral83 - 12 years ago
Originally posted by taral83

there isn't anything wrong with it through our eyes. Why? because we are mostly all modern and live in the 21st century, so we understand the concept of jeans and so forth. But we must not forget that there are still many people out there that value the traditional thinking. In fact, many religious groups outside of Hinduism don't allow females to wear jeans, they have to be in skirts below their knees, with stocking if it shows their ankles. Orthodox Jews is one of them. I went to school in that sort of community and grew up with it, they still follow that rule till date. There is nothing wrong with that either. Respect one's tradition. What we may think is right doesn't have to be right. Yes the whole world has modernized and especially in India, but that doesn't mean you have to apply the same rules in your house hold. My sister doesn't wear sleeveless, she is married now so feels uncomfortable. Same goes for me. I wear sleeveless but don't wear really thin sleeveless shirts as I get uncomfortable in front of my father in law. So everyone has different ways of looking at things and so does Koki. I do agree however that they shouldn't be wearing a sari there, but only for comfort reasons, it would be more comfortable in salwar.
Tara i live on a island our community is very little i wear salwar kamaz n saris  n for xmas i gave saris as xmas present my friends all wear them, they love it.  Even in uk  i wear our traditional wear my inlaws dont care what i wear they are different to others but i have kept it that way because my family is like kokila its only after marriage that my mum n dad just told me to do what the inlaws said, on my honeymoon my inlaws brought me dresses etc n hubby swimsuits.
in V channel there was a programme..dare to date...in that show..the guy or girl should date the parents or seniors of the other family...

2-3 gujarati family and other familes were there...where the parents says they want a bahu very gharelutype..do cooking...do all households..and they want someonelike gopi...

but the guys willbe entirely opposite to what the parents say...they want modern..who has their own individuality and can do ghar ka kaam also...

and this V people will give 2 options..one modern and one innocent...the parents will choose the modern firstπŸ˜†

i saw in one episode one gujarati uncle is selecting the option of modern...and that girl was too modern she asked him to swim with her🀣
and the guys like these type of girls ...

anyways...my point is..yes there is somecustoms and values..being tradtional etc...
they have not gone for a family function or mandir or anything like that..even they are not in india...so y cant they wear jeans...

in gujarat ther is no snow and winter is not like swiss..so they dont wear jackets ...so should they dont wear jackets when they reach switzerland...

they arenot wearing thier sandals in the snow...its the boots under the sarees...they can wear all this stuff but not jeans...

and above all i saw many posts appreciating kokis decision and bashing rashi in todays episode...so the CV's got what they want...so many mothers and mils in india would 've loved that...so we can see more kalakaaris and tom and jerry show  than gohem together...
I disagree with Koki's statement today. Rashi was only wearing jeans not a bikini! What doest matter as long as it's decent. Besides who knows you here? I really wish Savitaben was here to challenge Koki that her DIl is traditional as well as modern. In the blink of an eye, Koki would've sanctioned not only Rashi but also forced Gopi to wear jeans. 

I wear kurti-jeans, but when my in-laws come I wear them only when going out. Then too I'll wear my burqa in the room before coming out 😊 Their youngest DIL too wears them, but doesn't wear a burqa, but then she doesn't even wear a dupatta with shalwar suits. They grumble, but are quiet. It's all different upbringings.

But one more thing, jeans are murderous in the cold. Once they get cold, it takes an awfully long time to get to room temp. Best is shalwar suit, they might be inadequate for the cold climes, but then get warm fast. Speaking from bitter experience πŸ˜‰
Edited by hamzanuha - 12 years ago
Originally posted by IndigoBlues

Megz Equations. baitho aur seekho. πŸ€“

Jeans=Anti-Gopi
Anti Gopi=Rashi Win
Rashi Win=Koki Lose
 now if a=b=c, then a=c right?
Therefore Jeans=Koki Lose

See..i made it..errm..more complicated. πŸ˜†

thats what I called a Typical Megz Equation...
sweety...we are missing u and ur Modi Diaries on a daily basis...where are u..???
Forum needs a nice laugh and esp. me...plz come back...

forum calling Megz...
Originally posted by taral83

Taral...m with u...
its all about one's perception...and nothing else...
we can wear Jeans as its a NORMAL dress for us but for our elders like Grand Mom's...its not A Normal one...as they are not exposed to the world other than their own...of which we are a part...
so instead of arguing with them we should obey their views as I dont think A Jeans can be considered More important than A Relationship...
Jeans is just a Materialistic thing which can be sacrificed for Family and their Values...

same goes here...Rashi could have used Salwar Kurti instead of Jeans...
Originally posted by hamzanuha

I disagree with Koki's statement today. Rashi was only wearing jeans not a bikini! What doest matter as long as it's decent. Besides who knows you here? I really wish Savitaben was here to challenge Koki that her DIl is traditional as well as modern. In the blink of an eye, Koki would've sanctioned not only Rashi but also forced Gopi to wear jeans. 

I wear kurti-jeans, but when my in-laws come I wear them only when going out. Then too I'll wear my burqa in the room before coming out 😊 Their youngest DIL too wears them, but doesn't wear a burqa, but then she doesn't even wear a dupatta with shalwar suits. They grumble, but are quiet. It's all different upbringings.

But one more thing, jeans are murderous in the cold. Once they get cold, it takes an awfully long time to get to room temp. Best is shalwar suit, they might be inadequate for the cold climes, but then get warm fast. Speaking from bitter experience πŸ˜‰

Yes we might think its wrong, but that doesn't make Koki's thinking wrong. we have to understand that everyone has different traditions in their head. Some value the laag, sharam and respect a DIL should give. So forth. I agree there is nothing wrong with the jeans, but Koki is old fashion also. I don't think she would have taken that challenge with Savitaben. I think she would have answered back that I am proud that my bahu's are not modern as yours, they still have their sanskar and so forth..etc. (in Koki's term)...O well who cares...everyone just wear what you want...πŸ˜†