Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani

Arnab in between a rock and a hard place( article)

PKYEK100 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Arnab in between a rock and a hard place

Arnab (Anupam Bhattacharya) from STAR One's Pyaar Kii Yeh Ek Kahaani is caught in a tricky situation, between a rock and a hard place. On one hand, he wants to protect his daughter Panchi from the evil Siddharth, but fears risking her life if he speaks out. On the other hand, his younger daughter Misha is upset with him for hiding the fact that Piya is also his daughter. We catch up with Arnab as he speaks about his troubles and dilemma.

More on Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani : Discuss here | Watch full episodes | Official Website

You are currently in a Catch-22 situation. You know that Siddharth is a bad guy, but you can't reveal this to anybody. How do you plan to deal with it?
I know that Siddharth is a bad guy and suspect that he could be a vampire, as I have seen some traits in him. I am not sure about it, but since I have studied about vampires, I am being cautious. I am a reputed person in Dehradun, and will not take a threat from any ordinary person, but this case it is different. I don't want to risk the life of Panchi and the rest of the family.

What do you feel about Misha's reaction after she found out that Piya is her sister?
Misha's reaction is understandable, as she abruptly found out about Piya being my daughter. I had planned to break the news to Panchi and Misha later, but they found out unexpectedly. This news came as a huge shock to Misha. She could not believe that Piya and I hid the truth from her for so long. I am concerned about Misha, and I hope she forgets the past and accepts reality.

Panchi has already faced a setback in love with Danish. Do you think she will be able to accept the truth about Siddharth, whenever she finds out?
Panchi is too much in love with Siddharth. Even I am worried about how she will react. However, for now, my main concern is to protect her from him.

Which has been your most challenging scene till date? Why?
The most challenging one was my outburst scene recently, when Abhay was caught stealing from my study and Piya stood up for him. In the following scene, it is revealed that Piya is my daughter, after Misha pushes her and she is badly injured. I was supposed to play a concerned, worried father. I was confused about how to enact that scene, as many actors get overexcited and ham during emotional outburst sequences. I tried to keep the scene as natural and believable as possible. Our director, Parthoda, was a huge help. I liked the way the scene finally turned out.

Can you share some off-screen fun moments with the cast?
The most memorable fun moments were at Parthoda's house, where we celebrated the completion of 100 episodes of Pyaar Kii Yeh Ek Kahaani. Our show has a unique concept, and we keep making spoofs of our own show. The cast was imitating each other's characters at the party, and everyone participated in the fun.

Which is your favourite supernatural movie or TV show?
The Exorcist and The Omen are all-time favourites, as both are path-breaking movies.

What do you feel about the concept of Pyaar Kii Yeh Ek Kahaani?
Pyaar Kii Yeh Ek Kahaani has two parallel stories; one is about humans and the other about vampires. Ekta Kapoor was not sure how people will react to this, as not many people know much about vampires. I think STAR One, being a youth-based channel, also had a role in making the show such a huge hit. The youth immediately accepted the show, as it is different from regular shows that revolve around a family, with some evil aunt trying to ruin them. As for Arnab, people connect with the character. I have had the face-off scenes with Abhay and Chand, emotional scenes with Madhu and Panchi, as well as comic moments with Misha. Overall, Arnab is very realistic.

You are also a part of the Boxy Boys cricket team and have recently shot an ad with the Chennai Super Kings team. Tell us about it…
Yes, I shot the ad with MS Dhoni, Michael Hussey, Mathew Hayden, Suresh Raina and others. The ad was for one of the sponsors of the team. Being a cricketer myself, it was good fun interacting with them.

Will Arnab be able to save Panchi from Siddharth? Find out only in Pyaar Kii Yeh Ek Kahaani every Monday to Friday at 8.30 PM, only on STAR One.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sumana-13 thumbnail
thanks for sharing ... I think this is the first one for Arnab , I don't remember he has spoken earlier 
BayAreaGuru thumbnail
Thanks 4 sharing d article
intruderfast thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

thanks , it first time i am seeing a article reg arnav , so our guess was right , arnav is suspecting sid 2 be a vampire😊, i am loving this track, hope he and abhay unite and protect panchi and piya

tanvismile thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
yes the this character is realistic.
AnamikaSJain thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Arnab suspects Siddharth to be a Vampire? Now that is interesting!
safeplacetoland thumbnail
I knew Arnab suspects Sid, 'coz in an episode he said he saw something in Sid's eyes which is related to the jungles and all. ;)
PKYEK100 thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Untamed-

I knew Arnab suspects Sid, 'coz in an episode he said he saw something in Sid's eyes which is related to the jungles and all. ;)

yes ...now the show will be more interesting 😊
thanks for shairing article.arnav is suspecting sid as a vampire thats interesting.
abhina_roks thumbnail
wow nice article...thanks for sharing...

poor arnav he is in such a pressure 1. to protect his family from evil sid 2. convince misha to get her back home...