My ANYA story and my take...

Posted: 12 years ago
Hi guys, 

I've been a silent member of the forum and other forums on IF till now. So this is my first post. So I hope it goes well:). Anyways personally I've been through this exact same situation. Ok not exactly the same. So let me write out my story first and then my take on ANYA's story...

I'll tell you guys. So I am a college student. Unlike Navya, I go to college in a different city than the one that I grew up in. My parents always believed education was a great asset for anyone and so they always sent me to the best schools,thus ensuring that it was nearly always co-ed schools. Some of my really good friends have been guys but I've always tried to keep my distance (physically that is- avoiding hugs- although I generally don't like hugs anyhow:P, staying a little far away in pictures, etc). But they're still as good friends as some of my girlfriends are. I had always been really active in school and quite a bright student (those were the days:P) and so my parents decided that since I got into a good engineering school far away from home, it would be good to send me there. My parents had their full trust in me and they knew I would never break their trust.
My school best friends are still my best friends even though I've just graduated from college and I know that we'll always be together no matter what. 

Anyways, so came our first few days in college. Me and one of my best friend (girl) from school went to the same college, and we made this really good set of friends and I made another best friend (guy) who I knew from day one would always stand by me no matter what. It was and will always stay as friendship, but now it has become even stronger since we were there for each through so much. And he's my only guy best friend who I've been consistently close to since we met. (will call him Rahul:P)

Anyhow, I made this great bunch of friends thanks to my best friend (the one who came with me from school, she's a lot like Ritika and Appy and so I'm just going to refer to her as AR from now on:P). Anyhow, I'm really shy especially around new people or lots of people, though I do take a lottt when around people I'm familiar with (a loottt = tens of hours at a stretch:P). But thanks to her we both became pretty social and likable and so we made this awesome bunch of friends. Anyhow, then came along this guy (I'm going to refer to him as Anant although he's not quite similar but yea close:P).

Oh there are some other important people related to the story too. One is Anant's best friend, who was also dating one of my really close friends from college, so refer to him as Ranbir. But his relationship with my friend didn't end so well:P (I hope Ranbir and Ritz's does!:D). Then there's my college friend who dated him so let's call her Ritz (though she's a bit like her, but not much. She used to great friends with Anant for the first year of college and we ALL think that she's secretly always had a crush on him from the first day:P). Lastly, there's my roommate for my 2nd year in university, whom I was just hi-bye friends with although she was a good friend of Anant and whom we'll call Songun because she's a mixture of both Sonia and Shagun in the way that's she's always really liked Anant. Otherwise she's nice and I like her). 

Anyhow for those who didn't understand all that long stuff I wrote above, I'll draw out character sketches:P
Me- Girl next door. Not too pretty (Gained SOOO MUCH weight after going to college, must lose it all now:P). Study really hard to get my good grades. All nighters are the most normal thing for me:P. Go to an engineering college with my best friend. Made a lot of good friends in college although Rahul is clearly my best college friend, excluding AR. I believe in the phrase "put yourself in other people's shoes", and so try to understand everyone's point of view and so not be partial to anyone. I really care about my reputation and don't like people talking about me even one bit. I'm really shy arounf new people or a crowd or people. However, I talk a lot when I'm alone with people I'm really familiar with. I come from a more conservative background than most of my friends but I'm really close to both my parents, expecially my mom who's like my secret best friend too. Love giving surprises to people and getting smile on their faces, especially on special days like birthdays. Love to be and I was majorly involved in college clubs, although my shyness sometimes used to become a barrier.
AR- My bestest friend ever. We had seriously fought once in school. We didn't talk to each other for a whole 3 months but started talking again after holidays. We NEVER fought in college. She's the more adventurous part of my advice-seeking duo (i.e the 2 people that I always take advice from). ALWAYS was there and supported me through everything I've gone through in like since 6th grade. Her department had a lot of labs and so was always stuck there and used to miss out on some hanging out times but was always on the phone with me even while in lab.
Rahul- My best guy friend. I tell him everything that I tell AR. He's really smart and focused. Doesn't tell his personal stuff or share his feelings with a lot of people. I'm the only person he genuinely shares everything with. He's been in a relationship with his girlfriend since the first year of college. She goes to a college that's on the other side of town and so they jokingly call it "long distance". He's the more practical and down-to-earth part of my advice-seeking duo. My rock and emergency support system during my college days.
Anant- For the first 2 years of college, he was as close of a best friend to me as Rahul and AR were. Him and Rahul don't really see eye-to-eye though he gets along (REALLYYY WELL) with AR (including them jokingly flirting sometimes:P). Very sweet and always told me that he "learned to be a sweet and nice person while being friend" but I think he was always like this. Extrovert though he had a very small group of reallyyy close friends. Very hard working and smart. Was involved in a good number of college clubs and helped that he was such an extrovert. Always supported my college club events, etc. Comes from a conservative background as well. Has had one girlfriend in school though they broke up within 3-4 months because it was right before he was leaving for college. Always said that he'd end up with an arranged marriage and he was fine with it since he loved his family more than anything. 
Ranbir- Initially he was a shy boy but then he became a lot more open. Started dating Ritz a month into college and they broke it off at the end of the first year. Their breakup was really bad as they both still don't even talk properly to one another. Best friends with Anant. Has been in 3-4 relationships but is still stuck over his first love who's never considered him anything more than a friend.
Ritz- An extrovert. Doesn't care what everyone else thinks about her. Always does what she wants to. Very focused and hard working. Always tries to achieve the best in studies, really high in class ranking. Not involved heavily in college clubs, etc though. Focused more on Anant than any of her 3 boyfriends in college years. To bring herself up in front of Anant, she used to try to bring down other people especially those that didn't say anything back to her (i.e me because I knew Anant didn't take things like that too seriously when she said them and because I didn't want to say anything since I was always sure she liked Anant). Didn't get along with Songun at all.
Songun- Anant's lab partner from first year. Good friends with Anant from the start. Got assigned as my roommate in our 2nd year. Always had an evident crush on Anant, though she never directly told me so (in fact she told me that she liked someone else, a family friend from home who studied in a college nearby and we all were friends with him). Never got along well with Ritz since she thought Ritz was not sophisticated enough and was a little bit "gavaar" types. Initially didn't like Ranbir since he had dated Ritz and because she thought he was very "chipku" type but later got along with him. Had a best friend who lived in our hostel, 2 floors below ours. 

Anyhow, after the initial character sketches I will tell you guys the rest of the story later as I really need to get going somewhere. So just wait for me to come back in a few hours and I'll update this. 

Leave your comments pls!:)

Truly yours,
Navya:) 
(Just in case; I'm not the real Navya:P)
hii dear...
I dunno ur real name...
But I really loved ur post...
I got some unknown happiness by reading it...
I dont have that much experience in college...
But, I am going to do my grad this year...
really looking forward to the college...

I cant say i am really a shy girl...
I really cant get along with people...
But, once, If i really think them as friends, I will be the closest person to them...
Most of my buddies are boys only...
But, It takes long for me to make friends in real life...

I dunno what future has in store for me...

lub,
Harika
hii dear...wow...i am really looking froward to reaad ur story...well...i just finished my college...and i am somewhat like u...or may be a bit more like navya...i mean my prime circle of friends had only been girls...was tooo shy to get  a guy as a friend...and i too have a family like navyaa's..uppermiddle class...modern but conservative...mom had always been my best friend...and   i too believe in love and stuff...but dont want to get involved in such things...dont want to betray my family..and i am k with arranged marriages...but the biggest difference is that...i never had an Anant in my collegelife..πŸ˜†.. but i did have guys as friends one's i got into college..got to get along well with them too but not very close...more like navya type...😊Edited by deeps07 - 12 years ago
@deeps: i dunno my life is going to be...I am from just middle class family...
and going to a hi-fi college soon...

I am afraid if i can adjust or not :(
Originally posted by haaki_ragz

@deeps: i dunno my life is going to be...I am from just middle class family...
and going to a hi-fi college soon...

I am afraid if i can adjust or not :(
haaki...there is nothing to be worried about.😳..there is no question of adjusting...there is no hi-fi or middle class between friends😊...friends are just friends.😳..and they one of the best things in ur life..πŸ˜ƒ.and u r going to the best part of ur life too😳...i personally think college days r the best days in ones life...πŸ˜‰
ya...thats true...
college life will be the best life...
hey ct bank..ohk I'll call you Navya..
Haaki you are rite yaar...me too was smiling when
I read your post..
Same is the condition with me..m too going to be in college this
year..engineering college..and dunno know how the engineering colleges
are. they are definitely not like those shown in movies. πŸ˜†
And m like really excited, nervous, afraid..you know all types of
mixed feeling..the feeling dat if I'll be able to make frnds or is there
gonna be any enemy of mine in the college coz I dun want one
but sometimes situation makes them..
But at the moment i have two worries in my mind..
which college I'll get..n will I be able to score good in my
entrance xams and get a good rank and stand up to my parents expectations.
All these worries are like eating me up.

In school times I had friends but not bunch of them..but
whatever few I had were the closest one and till the time I was in
school I never thought a day without them and now I'm like feeling..
I can't express it..yest only when one of my frnd called we both were like
crying and were helpless and dunno what's gonna happen in future.
We never thought of these things when we were at school.
Suddenly all these thoughts are coming into our minds.. 😭

BTW...lovely post, dear..

luv,
Soma 😳
Firstly, thanks sooo much everyone! For the positive reply, I really am thankful for it :D:D :D! Also, my name is actually Ramz /Ramy/R(Nicknames that is, my real name is Ramya) and like Navya I'm also from an upper class midle family. 

@Harika Dee: Thanks a lot. Awww, I'm really touched that you got happiness from reading my post:)! It takes me pretty long to make friends too. Also, i totally get you are saying. In my first meeting itself, I can tell if I'm going to get along with someone or not. I dunno, I get these vibes which are either "yea we'll be awesome friends" or "no not really so let's just stick to hi-bye shall we?":P! Also, congrats on college. I'm sure you'll do awesome and adjust really well there.

@deeps07: My circle in school was actually a bunch of girls as well. Actually, we had this huge group of guys and girls, about 30 or so of us, that used to celebrate evryone's birthday's etc together. But then we were divided after that. And we were really good friends between this group of 8-10 girls. We would have girls days, shopping, etc everything together and know nearly evrything about each other. Even though we're now all really far away, we all go back to our city in holidays and hang out as if nothing has changed. And even though we were all reallyyy close to the guys, we always had this close set of girlfriends in case of emergency situations:P! 

@Soma: thankkksss for so much encouragement! And yep, engineering college are sooo much work! They've a lot of work. I have no idea how we all managed to pull through:P! Goooddd luck getting into college and I'm sure you'll make your parents proud. And I know what you're talking about. I went to my school from grade 1 till I graduated and so it was like home to me. I was really involved in extra curriculars, organized all the school festivals and events in my last few years, free and friendly with the staff and teachers, a 90% student and so I loved my school and everyone in it. I cried like anything on my last day (in front of everyone that is:P). My friends and I still go back to our school in each holiday. And everyone still remembers us so it's great. So yea school years are definitely the best!:D

Anyhow, I'm going to post the rest of my college days soon:P! Keep a look out for it. And I hope it gives everyone happiness. Keep telling me what you guys think.

Lots of love,
R

I don't know what to write "As a reader" of ur story...but thanks so much for sharing your story with us...

Yes, this show actually gave us a platform (I'd say) to watch ourselves through the Female lead character "Navya"
On net, one probably don't get to know us the way we really are as mostly they know through what we write. An introvert too can present him/herself as an extrovert. No im not saying "They r trying to show off/ pretending to be something which they r actually not" Its just,we'r just chatting like we chat with "Bachpaan ka dost" while we dont even know each other & the reason being like this-we are comfortable as "you are sitting along,although you are on a chat with a unknown person,she/he can't see you & you are not in a "face to face" conversation.."

My familly,My Maa,baba,I've a lil' sister r really close to me..They are my everything..Yeah sometime we fight too (lol)over stupid issues,Although i have never done anything in my life which could embarrassed my parents.I dont have those thing in me so i'm just fine with all those things which my parents dont want me to do.Yet we fight as they say,"Generation gap" misunderstanding happens.Like what is going on with Navya-In her familly happening each day with me..Sometime situations creates problem for us.Although Minus (-) Anant.. I dont have any Anant in my life nor such awesome friends like Apy,Ritz (Oh i so wish i have 1 atleast;friends are life afterall,if u get the right once) & with boys,It's weird i cant even talk to them making a eye-contact lol,over the phones its ok..Never mind as it doesn't really matter as nomatter how much they try to know me,somehow they always keeps wondering "why Im like this,the way Im"Im kinda shy around new people but oh yeah once i get comfortable im very friendly..So mostly all (be it boys/girls) r my "hi-Bye,lil laugh,lil help,lil moment of friendship" type friends..Long time once i haven't made.

My school life wasn't that great as more than having fun (i doubt if i had any)i were more into studies n "how to get the best rank"sort of things.Now.i'm in my 1st year of college..Haven't started going though. Hope to enjoy my college life.

PS-I, too dont like if someone talk about me..Im always like- tell me what u think about me on my face but not in my back..1stly. i DONT like such fellows n yeah it hurts,if u find that people are making fun of u or just talking about you "for their enjoyment sake"just for nothing.. As most of them think,its really cool stuff to do (weirdoes) n some people toh even give expert opinion when someone randomly ask "how is she" n they start blabraing without even knowing about the person properly (this happened with me)"BIg time lossers" & funnily i get to know about this from the person who asked about me,what that "X" person said.

PPS- Looking forward to ur story,Do come back soon :)Edited by piya2025 - 12 years ago
Dear Ramya,
I read your story with all smiles on my face!Thanks for sharing it and I llook forward to read more. I am guessing that you are falling for the guy you have named Anant but I see you have many girls to compete with..Shogun, Ritz etc etc. I might be wrong so I will wait for your next update!

Well, about me, I guess i might be one of the oldest here.(I hate that BTWπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†)I am 26...right at the verge of my parents searching the right guy for me...But I have already chosen my guy 😳, me all in  love since the last 4 years..😳and I await the day wen the "secret" shall be out between our families!
They know each other but we doubt they shall agree...Anyways, my story later...I am in the USA, so not really like Navya..more like Ritz I guess! I am doing my MBA right now and he is doing his MS. But we were in the same college and it took us quite a while to realize that we are made for each other! But trust me, the best phase of my life was during the time wen I was trying to analyse my feelings for him! And thats why I am loving Navya the show right now..coz they are exactly in that phase.
Also, I really want to read your update..I love reading love stories!
Do it fassstt!hahaha
Love,
Ritz😳