Laagi Tujhse Lagan

Down Memory Lane: A Song and Some Dreams - Page 2

deactivated1 thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
This content was originally posted by: *dewdrop~pearl*

LTL is really one of the most UNIQUE love stories I've ever seen! We have seen, and keep seeing lot of love stories between PERFECT couple, but this love story between totally imperfect couple is what makes it more soul-touching and deep.

Everyone, including Dutta, knows its not an easy task to love truly, understand, and accept a complicated, vulnerable, short-tempered, and unpredictable GANGSTER like Dutta. It takes lot of love, patience, sincerity, and understanding on the part of a woman to bring someone like Dutta on track - Emotionally, Psychologically, and Karmically, AND to keep him happy! Thats what makes Nakku and her love unique and soulful. Similarly, like how we say that very few women in Nakku's place would have been able to love and accept a man like Dutta, NO MAN in Dutta's place would go for a woman who is UGLY, UNEDUCATED, & POOR - Especially a man who doesnt lack in EITHER of these qualities! And this combination is a majority in India, especially in the slums and other backward areas. Thats what makes Dutta and his love unique and soulful, as SOULFUL love is always beyond the body and mind, being able to see through the person, piercing through all these tangible aspects and touching the deeper and non-tangible level - the soul level!

And thats the best part of the story!

And the LTL story seems more realistic, as they dint show some 'well to do girl' or a normal middle class girl falling for a gangster, as there is no much justification for such a love, except "love is blind"! But if Nakku has fallen for Dutta or is OK with a man like him, its also got a LOT to do with her unfortunate background, her experiences with the GENERAL kind of men, and lack of ANY dreams in life, considering her present situation (running away from More, men in general!), where SURVIVAL itself has become the main motive. Thats the point when THIS MAN enters her life, and takes her out of all her basic problems, showers her and her family with respect and a respectful living, and proves to her for the FIRST time in life that there is this ONE & UNIQUE piece of a man who doesnt "drool" over the "fairer sex", a man with his own character and principles, a man who gives more importance to LOVE & HEART, than FLESH! So if we see Dutta from Nakku's POV, he is THE BEST she can get in all terms! And for her, the investment she is making for him is very minimal, compared to what she is getting from him. So the difference is mainly in the circumstance of a normal girl, and a girl like Nakku. Its Nakku's circumstances and experiences in life that makes her appreciate Dutta for all his QUALITIES surpassing his drawbacks. Similarly, if Dutta falls for a girl who is "ugly, poor and illiterate", thats again HIS circumstance and experiences in life, which is again different from that of a normal guy!

So I would say, both of their quality of LOVE is UNIQUE, thats what makes this love story itself UNIQUE!  Like I always say, "Love stories between 2 people who have gone through LOT of pain in life is more SOULFUL and DEEP" As its through such pain you understand the depth of life and people. And when you understand the true value of someone, that understanding is what makes the love stories SOULFUL!

Word, Appu 👏 You nailed it beautifully.

Just a minor addition from my side: There seemed to be an instant connection in that very moment they met, one that surpassed all logic or common sense, in a way. It added a bit of predestined, or uneathly, feel/aspect to their relationship, their love story. The fact that it seemed Naku was sent to Dutta from higher powers, because Dutta had a higher calling/purpose in life and needed a woman such as her to lead him... it's what added another substantial layer to their relationship and made it even more unique, setting it apart from any other love story - even the much obsessed over Bella-Edward love story that everyone seems to crave nowadays. I crave what Tasha have more.

You're so right about how it's each of their experiences in life and each of their pains that made the relationship between them immensely strong and realistic, down-to-earth yet still unique. Dutta is a man that, I have to admit this, even I would not have fallen for had I met him in real life, because he would frighten me and the blood on his hands would drive me away. In that sense, Naku is one of a kind, because she is pulled to him. She sees the goodness in him and she clings to it rather than be terrified of his aggressive nature. The fact that she consistently stays with him, through it all, is just what he needs in order to accept himself and change his ways.

Likewise, Dutta is exactly the kind of man that complements Naku. He sees past her surface and it only matters to him what's in her heart. Not once does his eyes stray from her eyes to roam across her face or her body. It's her mind and her heart that he falls for. Hard. The attraction came later as a natural result of the inner pull. Beauty does depend on the eyes that see and to Dutta, Naku was always beautiful in the right sense of the word.

I love how their love story is so realistic yet so unearthly at the same time. The kind of relationship they have was founded on complete trust. It's beautiful and possible. But to find a man who looks past your surface and only cares for your heart/mind/soul is near impossible. To understand a man such as Dutta, to fall in love with his goodness and look past his flaws (which are, in fact, huge in the sense of him being a killer, etc.) is also a quite idealistic thought. Naku doesn't resent him for his flaws, but embraces them and changes him. I don't believe that I could've had such belief/faith in a man like Dutta, or such patience with him.

What I feel adds even more beauty to this love story than the love story of Beauty and the Beast itself is how, like you said, Appu, Naku and Dutta are deeply flawed characters. They're both very damaged. But when they come together, they're perfect. They personify beauty on so many levels that it seems the word "beauty" changes shapes and sizes.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mozart66 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Elysia

Just a minor addition from my side: There seemed to be an instant connection in that very moment they met, one that surpassed all logic or common sense, in a way. It added a bit of predestined, or uneathly, feel/aspect to their relationship, their love story. The fact that it seemed Naku was sent to Dutta from higher powers, because Dutta had a higher calling/purpose in life and needed a woman such as her to lead him... it's what added another substantial layer to their relationship and made it even more unique, setting it apart from any other love story - even the much obsessed over Bella-Edward love story that everyone seems to crave nowadays. I crave what Tasha have more.

You're so right about how it's each of their experiences in life and each of their pains that made the relationship between them immensely strong and realistic, down-to-earth yet still unique. Dutta is a man that, I have to admit this, even I would not have fallen for had I met him in real life, because he would frighten me and the blood on his hands would drive me away. In that sense, Naku is one of a kind, because she is pulled to him. She sees the goodness in him and she clings to it rather than be terrified of his aggressive nature. The fact that she consistently stays with him, through it all, is just what he needs in order to accept himself and change his ways.

Likewise, Dutta is exactly the kind of man that complements Naku. He sees past her surface and it only matters to him what's in her heart. Not once does his eyes stray from her eyes to roam across her face or her body. It's her mind and her heart that he falls for. Hard. The attraction came later as a natural result of the inner pull. Beauty does depend on the eyes that see and to Dutta, Naku was always beautiful in the right sense of the word.

I love how their love story is so realistic yet so unearthly at the same time. The kind of relationship they have was founded on complete trust. It's beautiful and possible. But to find a man who looks past your surface and only cares for your heart/mind/soul is near impossible. To understand a man such as Dutta, to fall in love with his goodness and look past his flaws (which are, in fact, huge in the sense of him being a killer, etc.) is also a quite idealistic thought. Naku doesn't resent him for his flaws, but embraces them and changes him. I don't believe that I could've had such belief/faith in a man like Dutta, or such patience with him.

What I feel adds even more beauty to this love story than the love story of Beauty and the Beast itself is how, like you said, Appu, Naku and Dutta are deeply flawed characters. They're both very damaged. But when they come together, they're perfect. They personify beauty on so many levels that it seems the word "beauty" changes shapes and sizes.

@Bold Blue: As Shilpita would have said "Imperfect Perfections"!!!!

@Liz: So nice to see you back once again with heartwarming thoughts to share with us! Lovely!

@Ely & Appu: Girls you have described all the emotions so beautifully that all of us experience but are unable to put it into such soulful words!

Hats off to you all!
Edited by mozart66 - 12 years ago
ivy_11 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Very BEAUTIFULLY worded and conveyed, Liz and Ana 👏👏👏!!

Word.😊
lizdarcy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Agree with both of you! LTL redefined love for me. Or, if were to say it clearly, it embodied everything I've always dreamt of in a love story.

I am a dyed-in-the-wool romantic, and while I've tried everything from M&Bs to romance novels to classic romance movies, nothing has ever come close to LTL. LTL has the love story I've always wanted to read/watch. It has that soul-deep emotion that's been missing in most of the stories I've read. And now that I love LTL, no other love story can equal its brilliance or its depth.

What I really love about LTL is how much time they took for character development. The slow, unhurried pace of the love story. Dutta was in no hurry to fall in love, and that made it all the more interesting. It was not as if he fell for Naku the first time she talked to him. Yes, there was this connection, and I believe Dutta was in love with her a long time before he realized it but the build up was fantastic. It was agonizingly sweet, Dutta's path to love. The first few months , it looked like Naku would never ever find love. When she loved him silently, and prayed for his happiness with another woman, it was heartwrenching.

Naku fell in love with him because she saw what no one else could. SHe saw his kind heart, and his troubled soul. She recognized the man in him. And she didn't expect her love to be returned.

In teleworld guys fall in love with the girl's beauty, her 'ada', or just the way she talks and smiles. Not our Dutta. I love the fact that he loved Naku way before he even fell in love with her. She was his friend and confidante, his conscience before she became his love. He didn't see the dark-skinned ugly girl the others saw. Instead he only saw her heart which had the answers he'd been seeking all his life. And when he fell in love with her, it didn't matter that she was dark, or poor or uneducated. That, was the beauty of LTL.
deactivated1 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: lizdarcy

Agree with both of you! LTL redefined love for me. Or, if were to say it clearly, it embodied everything I've always dreamt of in a love story.

I am a dyed-in-the-wool romantic, and while I've tried everything from M&Bs to romance novels to classic romance movies, nothing has ever come close to LTL. LTL has the love story I've always wanted to read/watch. It has that soul-deep emotion that's been missing in most of the stories I've read. And now that I love LTL, no other love story can equal its brilliance or its depth.

Same here, Liz. I've read so many romantic novels, paranormal romance even. I've seen so many shows that had love stories in them, but none of them touched me the way Tasha did. It's like that all those love stories were missing something essential to make me really feel it. But Tasha had it. The unique X-factor that I was searching for. Maybe that's why it hurt so much to lose it on TV. It's true what you said. There's a soul-emotion in Tasha's story. It runs deep.

What I really love about LTL is how much time they took for character development. The slow, unhurried pace of the love story. Dutta was in no hurry to fall in love, and that made it all the more interesting. It was not as if he fell for Naku the first time she talked to him. Yes, there was this connection, and I believe Dutta was in love with her a long time before he realized it but the build up was fantastic. It was agonizingly sweet, Dutta's path to love. The first few months , it looked like Naku would never ever find love. When she loved him silently, and prayed for his happiness with another woman, it was heartwrenching.

Yes. The character-development is my favorite thing about LTL. There was no major drama just for the sake of drama. Every scene had a purpose. Every dialogue had a purpose. Each was meant to show some kind of aspect of a character, develop it, lead it, condemn it. Which is why a lot of those scenes that came in later (i.e. the Suresh's murder never being investigated, Seema getting blood on her forehead) never made sense to me. Because it was just drama to create suspense. There was no actual point with showing what they did. That's not LTL.

Oh yeah. It was indeed "agonizingly sweet", Dutta's path to love. It was one beautiful journey that I can rewatch over and over again. I believe it has ruined me for any other love story on Indian TV.

Naku fell in love with him because she saw what no one else could. SHe saw his kind heart, and his troubled soul. She recognized the man in him. And she didn't expect her love to be returned.

She did see his heart, indeed. She felt his pain and despair. It gripped her, but she was the one who refused to let go.

In teleworld guys fall in love with the girl's beauty, her 'ada', or just the way she talks and smiles. Not our Dutta. I love the fact that he loved Naku way before he even fell in love with her. She was his friend and confidante, his conscience before she became his love. He didn't see the dark-skinned ugly girl the others saw. Instead he only saw her heart which had the answers he'd been seeking all his life. And when he fell in love with her, it didn't matter that she was dark, or poor or uneducated. That, was the beauty of LTL.

Word 👏 Love how you put it that Dutta loved Naku long before he fell in love with her. Especially the part that her heart held all the answers that he'd been searching his whole life. Sigh.

Days like these, I can't fathom that LTL as we knew it is really gone on TV and something ugly has taken its place. It's heartbreaking, to say the least.

*dewdrop~pearl* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Very very beautifully worded, Ana 👏!

@ red - Thats true. There was some psychic or spiritual connection between the two, since the 1st day itself! And sometimes, having seen the initial episodes repeatedly, I get a feeling that Dutta used to deliberately try to avoid meeting eyes with Nakku 😕. If you notice, when Nakku and family were introduced to AS in front of the hospital, it seemed as though Dutta was trying hard not to look at Nakku, even when Nakku would be looking at him. I dont know, maybe I just felt so...there was something Dutta felt towards her, something which was making him uncomfortable and he was trying to avoid eye contacts with her, some kind of "pull" which gave him a feeling that its better to avoid.

@ blue - Very beautifully said 👏! Nakku was like a divine intervention in his life, someone too good and pure to be true! Analysing with just our 5 senses, it seems to everyone (including US, Nakku and her family) that Dutta was sent to "save" and "protect" someone as fragile as Nakku. But from a higher level perception, its more like the other way round...so both of them needed each other's "protection" and was each other's "dhaal" in life. For one, it was more physical, and for the other, more emotional.

@ green - Ooh same here, I have only liked the 1st season of Twilight, and even though its totally fiction, I have to admit that they have been able tobring about some "soul" in it, but ONLY if Bella could act better 😆! She just fails to emote 😆! But it can never be compared to LTL! I have watched various love stories in my life, but none has been able to touch me like LTL, not even DDLJ (though I loved the movie!)!

@ purple
- Very beautifully written! Nakku's acceptance of him and her immense love for him is what made him love himself. There was this subconscious hatred he had towards himself, and I think that was the main the reason for his outbursts and anger. For instance, initially when Supriya was behaving "cold" towards him, we saw his first outbreak. More than anger towards Supriya, it was anger towards himself and the fact that he was rejected, as subconsciously and partly consciously, he believes NO WOMAN can truly love him, because of WHAT he is ! Thats where Nakku's immense and selfless love for him proved to be the balm, which healed him at various spiritual levels. When he was healed internally, lot of changes started taking place externally as well 😳.

This content was originally posted by: mozart66

@Bold Blue: As Shilpita would have said "Imperfect Perfections"!!!!

@Liz: So nice to see you back once again with heartwarming thoughts to share with us! Lovely!

@Ely & Appu: Girls you have described all the emotions so beautifully that all of us experience but are unable to put it into such soulful words!

Hats off to you all!

Thank you soo much, Manju 😳!

deactivated1 thumbnail

There was some psychic or spiritual connection between the two, since the 1st day itself! And sometimes, having seen the initial episodes repeatedly, I get a feeling that Dutta used to deliberately try to avoid meeting eyes with Nakku 😕. If you notice, when Nakku and family were introduced to AS in front of the hospital, it seemed as though Dutta was trying hard not to look at Nakku, even when Nakku would be looking at him. I dont know, maybe I just felt so...there was something Dutta felt towards her, something which was making him uncomfortable and he was trying to avoid eye contacts with her, some kind of "pull" which gave him a feeling that its better to avoid.

Word, Appu 👏 "Pull" is the perfect term to describe what Dutta felt toward Naku from the first time they met. I felt the same way. That he felt something when he met her eyes, like a kind of curious emotion that wasn't explored any further. His curiosity, though, did lead him to - eventually - try and talk to Naku (remember when he followed her after the scene in which she told AS her name?). I felt that it was something about Naku and what she made him feel that had him following her, trying to talk to her, figure her out.
Nakku was like a divine intervention in his life, someone too good and pure to be true! Analysing with just our 5 senses, it seems to everyone (including US, Nakku and her family) that Dutta was sent to "save" and "protect" someone as fragile as Nakku. But from a higher level perception, its more like the other way round...so both of them needed each other's "protection" and was each other's "dhaal" in life. For one, it was more physical, and for the other, more emotional.

Definitely, Appu. But in addition to that, I feel that Dutta still has a key role to play in the future. That Naku was especially sent to him for a higher purpose on his part. Like, the gods meant for him to become a leader of some kind and thus change his ways in order to be redeemed and lead people. Naku was sent to guide him down the right path, so that he can become what he's meant to become. I don't know if I'm making much sense right now, because it's almost midnight here 😆

oh same here, I have only liked the 1st season of Twilight, and even though its totally fiction, I have to admit that they have been able tobring about some "soul" in it, but ONLY if Bella could act better 😆! She just fails to emote 😆! But it can never be compared to LTL! I have watched various love stories in my life, but none has been able to touch me like LTL, not even DDLJ (though I loved the movie!)!

Blurh. I so hate Twilight. I liked it when I first read the first book some years back, but then at the end of the book I was like - "omigod, Bella is so frigging annoying and totally obsessed and she calls it love... she's suicidal..." 😆

Nakku's acceptance of him and her immense love for him is what made him love himself. There was this subconscious hatred he had towards himself, and I think that was the main the reason for his outbursts and anger. For instance, initially when Supriya was behaving "cold" towards him, we saw his first outbreak. More than anger towards Supriya, it was anger towards himself and the fact that he was rejected, as subconsciously and partly consciously, he believes NO WOMAN can truly love him, because of WHAT he is ! Thats where Nakku's immense and selfless love for him proved to be the balm, which healed him at various spiritual levels. When he was healed internally, lot of changes started taking place externally as well 😳 

WORD, Appu! 👏

This content was originally posted by: lizdarcy

Soo soo beautifully worded, Liz, especially @ blue points 👏! I just loved your point that Dutta was in love with Nakku, much much before he even realised it 😳. Infact, I have felt many a times that the reason why he chose to marry her for revenge, than let her go away from his house itself had something to do with the fact that he dint want to lose her...dont you think so 🤔? The day he got married to her first, he was on a high-speed emotional roller-coaster...as usual, he himself dint know what he was going through, and what was the exact substance of his emotional turmoil! It was a mix of emotions for him - love, hate, anger, disappointment, etc., but along with that, at some deep corner of his heart, I think there would have been this tiny possessiveness towards Nakku, whereby he dint want to lose her or keep her out of his sight, as leaving his house would mean he might lose her forever! Have any of you tried considering this aspect of his vast subconscious mind 🤔?! Seems to me like an interesting angle to consider 😳.

Edited by *dewdrop~pearl* - 12 years ago

My comments in BLUE...