India-Forums

Laagi Tujhse Lagan
Laagi Tujhse Lagan

Down Memory Lane: A Song and Some Dreams

lizdarcy Senior Member
lizdarcy
lizdarcy

Posted: 04 May 2011 at 3:18am | IP Logged

I have no idea why I'm writing this post.

So, I'm at work, trying to finish this meaningless pile of work. I have my headphones on, and I wasn't really paying attention to the songs playing till...

...na khelo sanam, tere hi hai hum...

God. It happens everytime I listen to this song. It transports me to a rainy evening, to a green meadow where the breeze flirts with my hair.

There are violets everywhere, and I feel like I've entered a Wordsworthian dream. I cannot define the feeling, except I know this monsoon cools my senses like nothing else. I feel wistful, I feel exhilarated, I feel like I'm at the edge of that precipice called love. It's like there's a whole secret world that's mine alone. I cannot put it into words, the feeling is nameless.

There are times I feel bitter because of what they've done to my show. But then it's moments like this that make me realize that they cannot spoil these memories. There are some perfect, dreamy, wistful moments that stay on with me, and I'm truly grateful for that. Imagine, this song sequence was just a dream Dutta had. At the same time, it was one of the most striking insights we had. It was where Dutta started his journey to redemption.

I'm glad they cannot take this away from us. God, I need to start rewatching it from the start. Again. *sigh*

The following 21 member(s) liked the above post:

shipskomal_w25-sourire-san121Moontidemnx12mozart66Subiibfunofbb123rama_2010sub_rosaPooja_219Lekzivy_11*dewdrop~pearl*MelodiousDreamsElysia-bharti-mIsHeZ.xprnczmeghaparti

Lekz IF-Rockerz
Lekz
Lekz

Posted: 04 May 2011 at 3:51am | IP Logged
@LizDarcy - touching post - what a good show, a good movie or a good book can do to us.

I wish the same, rewind the clock back to the good ol' days.

Have been for the past one month sauntering around the forum for that one news that can explode my heart with joy...and am still waiting.
Rightly said - no one can take the good ol' memories.
Hoping against all hopes.

Cheer up - which was the song you mentioned ?

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

lizdarcyMoontidemozart66prncz*dewdrop~pearl*ivy_11

lizdarcy Senior Member
lizdarcy
lizdarcy

Posted: 04 May 2011 at 4:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Lekz

@LizDarcy - touching post - what a good show, a good movie or a good book can do to us.

I wish the same, rewind the clock back to the good ol' days.

Have been for the past one month sauntering around the forum for that one news that can explode my heart with joy...and am still waiting.
Rightly said - no one can take the good ol' memories.
Hoping against all hopes.

Cheer up - which was the song you mentioned ?

True, I'm not sure I want him to come back now, unless they miraculously salvage the story.

It's Ambar pe milte hai, aired on August 2nd, 2010. Smile Beautiful sequence!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Moontidemozart66prnczLekzivy_11

Beees Senior Member
Beees
Beees

Posted: 04 May 2011 at 4:46am | IP Logged
Indeed a beautiful sequence...they cant take away all the sweet memories of our favorite show...

p.s na khelo sanam...tere he hain hum...is my favorite line in the song too!!!!Day Dreaming

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

lizdarcyMoontidemozart66prncz*dewdrop~pearl*ivy_11

Elysia IF-Rockerz
Elysia
Elysia

Posted: 04 May 2011 at 6:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lizdarcy

So, I'm at work, trying to finish this meaningless pile of work. I have my headphones on, and I wasn't really paying attention to the songs playing till...

God. It happens everytime I listen to this song. It transports me to a rainy evening, to a green meadow where the breeze flirts with my hair.

There are violets everywhere, and I feel like I've entered a Wordsworthian dream. I cannot define the feeling, except I know this monsoon cools my senses like nothing else. I feel wistful, I feel exhilarated, I feel like I'm at the edge of that precipice called love. It's like there's a whole secret world that's mine alone. I cannot put it into words, the feeling is nameless.

There are times I feel bitter because of what they've done to my show. But then it's moments like this that make me realize that they cannot spoil these memories. There are some perfect, dreamy, wistful moments that stay on with me, and I'm truly grateful for that. Imagine, this song sequence was just a dream Dutta had. At the same time, it was one of the most striking insights we had. It was where Dutta started his journey to redemption.

I'm glad they cannot take this away from us. God, I need to start rewatching it from the start. Again. *sigh*

Liz, truly, they cannot spoil those memories. But I feel that they've become bittersweet now. Before the destruction of our show, they were only sweet. It boggles my mind that anyone could've missed out on experiencing the unique beauty and depth of Laagi, that anyone even considered to destroy its essence and this unique beauty. I cannot fathom it. I always thought that, in the end, the beauty and depth of a show like Laagi would overwhelm even the most cold-hearted business man as the business man, too, is human. How can he not be touched by this show and its characters?

I was wrong, of course, to believe so. I don't want Dutta back in a world that is no longer his. I don't want Mishal back in a show that is no longer Laagi. The slow and quiet assassination of characters that were loved and cherished, that are still loved and cherished in our hearts, will forever taint this one memory of a beautiful show to me. But watching what Laagi was, I somehow manage to ignore that and experience Laagi the way I always have - with a new burst of inexplicably pleasant feelings and thoughts every time.

I only fall even more in love with the original Laagi whenever I sit down and watch Dutta's journey to finding redemption and love. Naku's destiny to become his strength and weakness. Everything. The beautiful journey of Dutta, from animal to human to lost to found - it continues to steal my breath.

There will never be a man, a character, like Dutta Sriram Patil ever again on Indian TV. This was a rare and unique show on Indian TV and years from now, it will be remembered as one. Maybe one day, the destroyers will look back and regret what they did to it.

But yes, Liz. Beautiful song sequence. Dutta's mental journey to realization and a new beginning of his damaged life. What a man he became. The beauty that he saw in Koyal Naku - even today, the mere thought of it brings tears to my eyes.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and reminding us of a beautiful time Embarrassed

Edited by Elysia - 04 May 2011 at 6:21am

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

vrevathyDhaaallizdarcykomal_w25-sourire-san121Moontidemozart66sub_rosa*dewdrop~pearl*ivy_11prncz

lizdarcy Senior Member
lizdarcy
lizdarcy

Posted: 04 May 2011 at 6:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Beees

Indeed a beautiful sequence...they cant take away all the sweet memories of our favorite show...

p.s na khelo sanam...tere he hain hum...is my favorite line in the song too!!!!Day Dreaming

I love every line in the song, just because they echo all the emotions that make Dutta the man he is. Smile

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

DhaaalBeeesMoontidemozart66prncz*dewdrop~pearl*ivy_11

lizdarcy Senior Member
lizdarcy
lizdarcy

Posted: 04 May 2011 at 6:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Elysia

Originally posted by lizdarcy

Liz, truly, they cannot spoil those memories. But I feel that they've become bittersweet now. Before the destruction of our show, they were only sweet. It boggles my mind that anyone could've missed out on experiencing the unique beauty and depth of Laagi, that anyone even considered to destroy its essence and this unique beauty. I cannot fathom it. I always thought that, in the end, the beauty and depth of a show like Laagi would overwhelm even the most cold-hearted business man as the business man, too, is human. How can he not be touched by this show and its characters?

I was wrong, of course, to believe so. I don't want Dutta back in a world that is no longer his. I don't want Mishal back in a show that is no longer Laagi. The slow and quiet assassination of characters that were loved and cherished, that are still loved and cherished in our hearts, will forever taint this one memory of a beautiful show to me. But watching what Laagi was, I somehow manage to ignore that and experience Laagi the way I always have - with a new burst of inexplicably pleasant feelings and thoughts every time.

I only fall even more in love with the original Laagi whenever I sit down and watch Dutta's journey to finding redemption and love. Naku's destiny to become his strength and weakness. Everything. The beautiful journey of Dutta, from animal to human to lost to found - it continues to steal my breath.

There will never be a man, a character, like Dutta Sriram Patil ever again on Indian TV. This was a rare and unique show on Indian TV and years from now, it will be remembered as one. Maybe one day, the destroyers will look back and regret what they did to it.

But yes, Liz. Beautiful song sequence. Dutta's mental journey to realization and a new beginning of his damaged life. What a man he became. The beauty that he saw in Koyal Naku - even today, the mere thought of it brings tears to my eyes.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and reminding us of a beautiful time Embarrassed

Word.

It is indeed bittersweet. But then, maybe, that was how it was meant to be. I've always had this feeling, even in the early days, that LTL is one of those fated stories, hauntingly beautiful like an Anderson fairytale but with a hint of sadness in it. Dutta, with all his darkness and self-doubt,  is one of the most amazing tragic heroes ever, far far better than any Shakespearean hero. I've never known any character this layered.

It boggles my mind that anyone could've missed out on experiencing the unique beauty and depth of Laagi, that anyone even considered to destroy its essence and this unique beauty. I cannot fathom it. I always thought that, in the end, the beauty and depth of a show like Laagi would overwhelm even the most cold-hearted business man as the business man, too, is human. How can he not be touched by this show and its characters?

This! How could they not have been touched?! I wonder if any of them even sat down and watched what they had created?! Even the writers! I refuse to believe that LTL was created by some detached writer. If I were part of the creative team, I would've fought tooth and nail to save something so brilliant!

I won't say LTL was perfect, but again, it was haunting and deep and very much unlike every other show on Indian or maybe global television. I know this character will remain unparalleled for ages! God bless the person who dreamt up a character like Dutta. It was inspired, to say the least. And God bless Mishal for bringing this character to life. Without him, it would have been just another forgettable character.

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

Dhaaalkomal_w25-sourire-Moontidemozart66sub_rosarama_2010prnczivy_11*dewdrop~pearl*Elysia

*dewdrop~pearl* IF-Rockerz
*dewdrop~pearl*
*dewdrop~pearl*

Posted: 04 May 2011 at 7:08am | IP Logged
Very BEAUTIFULLY worded and conveyed, Liz and Ana ClapClapClap!!

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

komal_w25Moontidemnx12mozart66Elysiaivy_11prncz

Go to top