aww i'm so happy for meera
omg i thnk she is pregnant
now that only leaves geet!!
lol
con't soon
jazzerette thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Loved the mischievous side of Naini and Rishabh. Romancing on the sly and all. 

Dadi seems to have one-track mind. Not that its any extra-ordinary, every grandmom, mother-in-law is always on a keen wait for the baby. 
MystiqueDew thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
awesome update!!!!

Rishabh - Naini part was beautiful.

loved the part!!!
tanya_vi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Very sweet and cute update..Daadima and her 'pregnancy obsession' 😆.Gosh,I love her!!!
Ramhari thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Awesome part.
So much happening in one night and a day.
Loved to see all the beautiful couples together.
Rish Naini's secret message passing was so sweet.
Made me all nostalgic,that was  one wonderful way of passing messages.
Rishabh was so desperate  to sneak into Naini's room.
He had a open invitation though coz of Yash and Meera.
Yash's proposal and Meera's acceptance and excitement were so beautiful.
Maaneet didnt miss the chance to push Rish and Naini together something
even they were waiting for.
Though Rishabh was completely losing Naini made it a point to clear everything and then gave in.
Rishabh wanting to be with her to ease her morning sickness was so sweet.
I am sure he will defo keep sneaking into Naini's room frequently making her more excited.
They both are such a sweet couple
Geet was so happy and concerned for Meera.
Daadi was eavesdropping again
I think her feeling that Geet is pregnant will be definitely super strengthened now.
Waiting for the next part
Antares thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Superb update!

Enjoyed reading it thoroughly! Naini-Rishabh moments were cute, romancing secretly...lolz. Ah, Yash and Meera getting married...great! Yeah, waiting for the reactions when all their secrets are out...lolz.

Feel for Dadi though, she's so badly wanting to be a grand-mom...lolz.

Seems happy days are here...waiting for the next part...do continue soon.

Edited by Starry_night - 12 years ago
-Aarya- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Did you know that Oscar Wilde once admitted  ~ "The real charm of the play, if it is to have charm, must be in the dialogue". I feel you have finally found that key to unlock the secret to a good drama is through it's dialogues. It is through the dialogues we understand the character more vs narration and your updates have that perfect blend of wits and humor.

I specially like the part of secret notes with hidden messages... there is something intriguing and secretive about them which is very exciting!

I loved the update H! You rock!

Part 99: Good times Update 1

"Listen Geet" Meera cried from embarrassment as she heard Daadi question her in disbelief. She hated for a fact that Geet was swaying high with sentiments and mindless about the questions she cast across.

"You promised you wouldn't don't it before you got married" Geet's eyes gave out disappointment from her friend's silence, as if she'd broken a forgotten pact.

"What is going on here?" Daadima tried taking control, but Geet choose to ignore as thought she was deaf that minute. Folding her hands, she walked back to lean on the wall facing the side of the bed.

"Is that why Yash proposed?"

Meera couldn't stop Geet from jumping into conclusions and she had no patience or anger to fight back. Instead she walked to the bed and sat down in defeat. Daadima settled next to her and held Meera's shoulder.

"I'm sorry Daadima. I'm just concerned" Geet said

"Overprotective and overreacting" Meera corrected her.

"Stop doubting him. He doesn't know...And I don't think I'm pregnant" Meera spoke with conviction, trying to raise her voice above that of Geet. It helped to be the loudest one in the room, however, not so much when it ushered another curious face into the room.

"Pregnant?" Naini looked skeptical and muttered the word low under her breath, as if someone was stealing something that was privy only to her.

"You think?" Geet bit out her words "Is this a joke for you?"

"Look Geet, I thought I was, but the last time I checked I wasn't" Meera was beginning to sound exasperated "For god sake, we live in the same house"

"Exactly my point" Geet strode to sit next to Meera "So don't tell me he doesn't know"

Turning Meera by her hand, Geet faced her. "Don't ever think husbands...I mean boyfriends are dumb. You are getting married, you should know by now"

Geet sighed remembering her thoughts from the previous night and her advice to Meera made her feel ever more aged and rundown.

"What are you getting at?" Meera asked as a sliver of what seemed to bother Geet began coming within her grasp.

"Are you absolutely sure this sudden push to get married is not propelled by some unconfirmed doubt on his part?"

Daadima, now clear on where the confrontation was cinching towards from Geet's end, interjected.

"Meera calm down" Daadima said, noticing her stiff posture and shallow breaths "We are all exalted to hear about your engagement. But Geet here just wants to make sure your relationship begins on the foundation of your mutual love for each other and nothing else"

Meera looked up to Naini, who was standing in front of her and then spoke directely to Daadima "I think I get it" She nodded and lowered her head once again.

"Ok. Will you just listen to me without getting angry?" She asked, taking Geet's hands into hers.

"Think I'm not even here" Daadima said and moved to the couch on the side of the bed.

Without waiting for Geet to respond, Meera continued "Honestly I can't believe I'm discussing this, but you should know, we didn't do anything until six weeks ago. He seduced me into it. It's not my fault"

"That's what everyone says" Naini laughed and joined Daadima in the couch. Meera scowled, but went on to explain further.

"I freaked out when I didn't get my period. Then I tested and it turned out to be negative" Geet breathed out, not even knowing she had held her breath all the while Meera was talking.

"And then he proposed to me five days ago right, by then I'm sure he knew I wasn't pregnant or anything" Meera gave a small smile and Geet lowered her gaze, upturning her head to taunt her friend.

"Ok good then..." Geet said, ready to get back to setting up the table for lunch. As Geet stood up from the bed, Meera yanked her arm and Geet jerked to sit back in surprise.  

"Wait, I haven't finished. So that night when we were back in the new apartment...you know what I mean" Geet was again tensed and Meera slapped her hand to bring her back from her frigid state she was mimicking to be in.

"Now I'm again back on the fence" Meera said, coloring with mortification.

"What?" Geet's face turned red with shock.

"Ok...Don't get mad. How soon can I test to find out?"

"Atleast 7 days" Naini volunteered and everyone turned instantly to look at her.

"What? I'm just speaking from my past experience" She lied conveniently and assured herself that the last time she had gone through the angst of testing positive for pregnancy was only three weeks ago, which by her standards was critically classified as the past.

"I can't resist the temptation of saying something that gives off my age" Daadima said smiling and composed "There are reasons, why we keep the boy and the girl separate before the marriage. So we don't have to go through all these tensions"

Daadima got up and once again came to sit by Meera.

"Listen to me beta" She began smoothing Meera's hair and it strangely relaxed her.

"You are the reason, Maan is even married in the first place" Geet blinked as the words caught her attention. She wondered what Daadima was referring to, but felt it was unfair to draw attention to her that moment and reserved her question for another time.

"And I have always seen you as one of my grandchildren. So without another thought, I suggesting you move in with us. Treat this as your Maika. I'm sure you need people around at this time"

"Daadima" Meera whimpered taking in the kind words and tears streamed her eyes. She caught Daadima into a hug and rested her head on Daadima's shoulder.

"And I'm saying this because I have judged you" Meera raised her head to catch Daadima's eyes and her eyes flooded with guilt.

"You are so nave and gullible" Meera made a face and Daadima smiled.

"Then how else can you explain your running to test yourself every time something happens?" Daadima attempted for the mildest possible words and Meera did take well to it. She was smiling now.

"You don't always get pregnant with the first time, beta"

Naini coughed. Geet turned and eyed Naini, who seemed to be pretentiously occupied with a magazine.

"Daadima, I can't be a burden on you..." Daadima cut Meera off, before she could finish and added "This is our pleasure and I haven't had one reason for celebration in a long time" Daadima shot a look at Geet and Naini, after which both the women turned away without meeting Daadima's eyes.

"We will take care of your wedding. I want you to leave from this home. And don't even try convincing me against my decision, then I won't come for your wedding"

"No, Daadima, please don't say that" Meera grabbed Daadima's hands tight in hers. Meera thought, deep below, she perhaps wanted this: someone to take responsibility for her at the tensing and most nerve-wrecking time of her lives. She'd hoped to get some help from Geet and her family, but the offer was more than she could have imagined and having lived a self-sufficient life, she couldn't deny having people around to share the myriad of emotions she was to go through in the next few weeks. Good times were indeed coming, she told herself in a small nod.

"Geet beta, you are turning out to be more assertive than I thought" She addressed her daughter-in-law, reaching out to cup her cheek and it had Geet in a dilemma, making her ponder if it was a compliment to smile about.

"Ok...let me handle Yash about this" Daadima said and Meera gave a slow nod, while Geet tipped her chin on Meera's shoulder with excitement.

Once Daadima marched out, Geet apologized for coming across brash and they hugged before they left the room, closely followed by Naini.

"Listen Maan and Yash..." Daadima cleared her throat and the three men turned about in the couch to look back at Daadima.

"Meera is going to stay with us until the wedding is over"

"But Daadima" Yash interrupted and his features arranged to portray confusion and surprise. Maan was taken back a bit; however he decided to wait, until his Daadima's speech was over.

Daadima took over once again, making Yash unable to continue.

"Yash, she needs a family now" Oddly Daadima's one sentence silenced him and the innumerable excuses he was thinking of, disappeared like 'poof'.  He hadn't realized that was perhaps the one unsettling thought he had mulled over the last few days, unable to voice it out. He'd even indirectly hinted her to dial her Savita Aunty to come down for help. He smiled unconsciously upon hearing Daadima's assurance.

"Just think of pampering me by fulfilling my silly wishes of old age" She said, particularly eyeing Maan and that had him walk over to where she was standing.

"Daadima, you are never old for me..." He extended his arms to her sides and hugged her "And this is not something to be asked for. I thought it was only obvious. Meera's wedding will be a family affair. Ok?" Geet was proud as she broke into a smug smile, but her insides tingled from the compassion he had for her friend. She was deeply moved by the choicest of his words, he'd spoken. He could have said it in so many different ways, and the contemplation refused to leave her as she continued to dwell on those careful words he'd chosen to express the bonds he had towards the two women who now stood by him. Meera patted his shoulder and gave him a half-hug.

"I have a better idea" Maan nodded looking at Geet "Why don't I move downstairs and then we can have battle of the sexes? Floor 24 Vs Floor 25"

"What?" Geet's brows narrowed and she folded her arms, looking slightly miffed.

"I'm not letting you go. You are staying here" She said possessively, looking down at the floor, her voice dropping into a low murmur, as her cheeks colored a deep red.

"What did you say?" He placed a curved palm around his ear and said "Louder"

"Chaddo" She said, throwing her arm down in mock anger and rushed to the kitchen.

Maan followed her like he was an extended part of her body left behind, and the women giggled.

"So you want me to go or not?" He came close and she stilled picking up plates from a cabinet.

"Your higher goal in life is to taunt me...that's all" She said.

He held her shoulders from behind and she shrugged his hands, as she turned.

"You still haven't answered" He insisted.

"No...you are not going. Do you understand?" She said, clutching the rolling pin from the counter top, her tone steeping with vexation.

"Ok...Folks! My wife has denied my petition to move into the bachelor pad. Seems like I will just have to endure all the free flowing estrogen" He announced in a loud voice, more to the audience in the living room.

"Aapki tho kerni" She said, picking up a run to catch up to him. Eyeing her approach him, Maan broke into a run too. She chased him to the amusement of the members who were gathering close around the couch. Yash tried to aid Geet with the cat and mouse chase. Meera joined the run as Maan evaded the trip from one side of the couch. Daadima focused on the limps and screams from the racing crowd, as they dashed into objects and into each other.

When all were occupied trying to root for one or the other with cheers and hoots, Rishabh faked a cough and left the room to grab a glass of water. Naini who stood by the corner of the wall adjoining the hallway smiled coyly, interpreting her husband's moves. She waited there for a while, counting seconds for him to surface back into the living room. As her curiosity picked up, she turned the corner and craned her neck to spot him in the kitchen or in the back of the hallway.

Just then the nearby closet door squeaked open and she felt her arm yanked at the wrist. She jolted to a halt, before she could be hit by the door and smoothly slipped inside.

"What are you doing?" She whispered in worry.

"Isn't this what you wanted?" He said, kissing her monstrously by the curve of her neck.

She smiled scrunching his shirt in a heated urgency, thinking her words to Meera were turning out to be true...Good times have indeed arrived after all.

I haven't edited yet. Going out for a while. Will come back and edit it. Comments? Like Button? Please don't forget to leave behind a word or two.
Edited by 6thElement - 12 years ago
-Aarya- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
R for 99...:)

This is what I call cuteness personified!:) Loving eachother secretly...I simply adore Rishabh and Naini !

Edited by night13 - 12 years ago
Do you know what happens when the number of comments don't match the number of likes?

ek choti comment ke keemat tum kya jano, ramesh babu
readers ka aasirwad hota hai ek choti comment,
FF writers sir ka taj hota hai, ek choti comment...
har author ka khwab hota hai ek choti comment...

Samjhe Ramesh babu? 😃

Edited by 6thElement - 12 years ago