FF: New York times with Maan&Geet Thread 4 09/13 - Page 84

Posted: 12 years ago
Awh! you guys, make me feel guilty. I'm was attending a workshop at school and so I was unable to get to writing, which is the irony, because its a writing workshop and I'm supposed to be writing. But now its done and I should be able to update more regularly (Hopefully!)

Will post one tonight, after I come back from HP.

Thanks
Hasini
Thank you
Will be waiting
Thats a wonderful news. Eager to read ur updates.
My only wish...

When you're happy like a fool...
Let it take you over...
When everything is out...
You gotta take it in...

Say oh, got this feeling that you can't fight...
Like this city is on fire tonight...
This could really be a good life...
a good, good life!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZhQOvvV45w[/YOUTUBE]  Edited by night13 - 12 years ago
Wow they r back in every sense n emotion,luvd it
Sorry people. I have written half the update and will complete the rest tonight. 

Please hang in there.

Hasini
Part 97: Mirror mirror on the wall...

She wanted to stick her fingers down her throat and see if she could rid herself of the nausea that gurgled in her stomach. Clearly she was not a homophobe, but how could have she known that little piece of information about her, if she had never sighted two men kissing until then. What did she expect in a cosmopolitan such as New York and in an age when the faction was nothing less of a large minority? She asked herself, when it became seemingly clear that they were just about everywhere, infesting her life like squandering mice.

She rushed to the bathroom, her feet carrying her swiftly as the psychedelic colors splashed across the dark hallway. Her mind raced to a safe place. Happy thoughts, think happy thoughts, she kept pressing her thoughts to go elsewhere; a place she wouldn't pick up on the silhouette of what she had witnessed moments ago, while the men had come to the bar to order their drinks. This was only bound to happen. But it struck her odd, that fate had its way of playing this cruel joke on her at New York than in San Francisco, the ruling unofficial capital of gay movement in the US. She had least expected this down pour of crawling feeling on her skin, when she had come down to dance away the night with her husband.

As she hunkered down, expecting the vomit to leave her mouth any second, she sniveled that the putrid smell would lace her clothes, giving off the notion someone had entered a molding cheese cellar gone bad, if they were to cross her that night. She had indeed become old cheese ' at least in her self-degrading opinion - far too aged to be treated gourmet.

The worry faded as she flushed the toilet, pulled the toilet seat cover down and sat on it. Her breaths that had been stuck in her throat the last few minutes gushed out forcefully, making her pant as a sick dog. Of course, she didn't hate them; she attempted persuading herself in vain. Somehow work and Maan's surprise visit in the middle of the week to accompany her back to New York had taken her mind off the past weekend's trauma. However, it had lurked not too far from her conscious, she knew now as she pictured herself tearing her body away from his arms and run from the bar right after she'd sighted the men striking an obnoxious pose.  She was still a long way from coming to terms with it, but this place and time was not when it was going to happen. Getting out of the bar was not an option, not when she wanted to show Maan, she could digest it all. Just about when the thought faded she realized she needed a drink and she was going to need one right then.

Wiping the sheen off the tip of her nose, she made her way towards Maan. He raised his hand with the drink, toasting her, as she hurried into his extended arm.

"Tell me I don't smell bad" She said, wrinkling her nose at once.

He nuzzled his nose into the crook of her neck and shouted "Not at all Milady"

"Where did they go?" She asked, her eyes scanning the dance floor and then over to the bar area, where she had last seen Rishabh.

Maan turned around, half-expecting the couple to be bickering in a corner.

"They must be here Geet. Don't worry", He said as he took another sip from his glass.

"What is it that is bothering you?" He asked. Placing the drink on the bar-top, he held her close, bracing her in between his knees, seated on the high chair.

The men had stood to his back, while his wife had had full view of the kiss unfolding. He'd naturally excused her when she'd turned in the direction of the restroom. However the time she had taken to come back had bothered him and he'd swung his gaze across the crowd, looking for possible anomalies. Right, then he'd caught sight of a same sex couple kissing in the dance floor, only this time it had been two women who seemed drunk senseless. Somehow it gave him an inkling of what possibly Geet could have seen. The night was raging mad with sobriety disappearing in the same pace, the men and women were gulping the liquor down. And it was only a matter of time before the drunken haze would descend upon the crowd to have them lose track of their sense of social proprieties, he'd concluded then.

"Nothing just food from the afternoon, I think" She lied, not quite meeting his eyes, "And work. I'm worried I'm falling behind" She felt she didn't need to explain further, for she was certain, her husband would prod her in that direction either ways.

"Is it focus or motivation or laziness?" He asked, pondering if the lounge was serious enough of an environment to discuss the subject.

She rolled her eyes at first and when he shook her for an answer, she said "I'm just putting off work...you know, I'm on the phone a lot with you during the day and when I go home, I just don't get to finishing off what I originally plan"

He let go off her waist and folded his arms; he rubbed his chin as if in deep contemplation. "I think its called hyperbolic discounting", He said, glancing at the roof.

She sighed loudly and shook her head; wiggling her raised hand she made a move to the chair in the far end of the nook. As she strode away, he heard her say, "You often make me wonder, how you got girls at school" He got off his chair and followed her close and she ended "You are a geek, you know that. I'm staying for 2 nights only and here you are talking behavioral economics to me"

He smiled and she joined too. "Yes I'm a geek only to dorks though" He grinned. "I'm impressed" He said smugly "I see you are picking up on finance well" She slightly tapped him on his head and he gave a fake whimper.

"I can dazzle you, but I don't think you are built for that" she said and that had him shrug her statement off with a dismissive smile.

"Ah! Like that. We will just have to see it to believe it then" He said and continued "But first, let me give Rishabh a call. I don't see them around" He placed his hand in assurance on hers and then dialing rapidly on his cellphone, he made his way out of the crowded bar. Maan's distracted eyes now made sense to her; he had been looking for them all the while they had made small talk.

She moved the coasters around callously while she waited for her drink. It would indeed surprise Maan, although, she thought she'd enough reasons as a cover, than give out her real need for a drink. After a good 10 minutes, Maan came back and found her sipping from a wide rimmed glass filled with what appeared to be Cosmo. His face scrunched up into a question along with a puzzling, unsure smile. She plainly nodded and continued to drink,  rest assured from his smile that the conversation with Rishabh had gone well.

"I will have a Red bull" He ordered as he took the chair next to her.

"You aren't drinking?" She asked.

"Not anymore. I just spotted my wife grab herself a drink. I better refrain from alcohol" She conked up her eyebrows hearing him refer to her in third person and she instantly caught on to his game.

"Oh! You must really love your wife then, trying to be the faithful designated driver and all" She said, trying to come across as a stranger.

"Oh! You must know all about it, I'm sure whoever he is...he is a very lucky man. The tinkle in your eyes does tell it all" He added as the bartender slid him his can of Red Bull.

"I'm Geet" She slightly swiveled and extended her arm to greet him.

"I'm Maan", He said, smiling, taking her hand into a firm handshake. She smiled back, tucking a stray strand behind her ears and suddenly she felt what seemed like the beginning of a tingle where he held her. It was the firmness of his handshake or the knowing role-play that they were perfecting, she didn't know. However, every instinct in her body, instructed her to go along with the unfamiliar path she was treading with her much familiar husband and she did just that.

"So, where is your husband? I can't bring myself to believe he left a beautiful woman all by herself at the bar" He said with a wry smile and it made her spew the drink into her glass, making her break into a fake cough.

"Well I can take care of myself and I believe I can ask the same of you. What are you doing with a beautiful woman, leaving your poor wife behind" She dabbed a napkin at her wet lips seductively.

"Hmm, something to think about, isn't it?" He tapped the can gently on the bar top and then fully turning to her, he gave an alluring smile.

"Umm...I think you are flirting with me" She stated, placing her drink on the bar and faced him with a self-aware smile, the one that told him she was entirely aware of all that was happening there.

"And I wouldn't have stopped this long had I not felt the reciprocity, don't you think?" He said.

"So if we just concluded that we were content loving our spouses, then what are we doing flirting with each other Maan?"

"It's like looking into a new mirror...you want to find something different, a momentary impulse, that's all"

"There is a but in that statement, isn't there?" She asked

He chuckled at how fast she was catching on "Yes. But the image never changes, doesn't matter how many times you change the mirror, you only see yourself"

"Um! If affairs and one night stands are new mirrors, then what about ever-lasting love, the one we just quoted for our spouses?"

"Hmm, I expected you to already have an answer for that Geet. A small miscalculation at my end" He said, taking both her hands in his, as she swiveled in his direction "For people who are truly in love, they don't need a mirror to start with. They look at themselves in their partner's eyes"

"Ah! Those don't exactly sound like pick up lines Maan" She continued nodding, not fully grasping the depth of the wisdom he had tried conveying.

"Erhm! You should know I wasn't" He let go of her hands and leant back on the bar, resting on his elbows on the marble counter.

Her forehead furrowed and she got off her chair. Adding a swagger to her step, she stood in front of him.

"You weren't?" She asked.

"No...I don't try pick up lines with woman who have already fallen for me" He said and she pummeled a tight fist against his chest. He caught her hand, before it would hit the lapels of his jacket, and he pulled her into a kiss. She was tipsy from her dark pink drink and gave in without a fight.

"I think we should leave before that wife of yours come searching for you. Or my husband for that matter" She whispered soft on his lips, cuddling into his embrace.

"I want to look into a mirror tonight" She purred, running a finger down his shirt and the words did enough damage to bust the familiarity he was shrouded in.

He swung a few notes at the bar and paced her to the front door. His car was brought to the entrance in a few minutes and with the thinning traffic of the night, they were there at his apartment in no time. He practically hauled her to the elevator, and once there, he cornered her into the sharp corner of cool steel that encased it.

"This is all new to me, go slow ok?" She said with a demure smile, her lids drooping with a drunken haze. If he had not felt it earlier, the game of her words caught up with him. In effect, he wanted to believe he didn't know the kittenish woman in front of him.  His forehead rested on hers and he grabbed her elbows, waiting for her to yield; the false sense of guilt that was uncalled for brought up on him a strange sense of excitement for the impending night. Like the pretension yielded a binding spell, telling him to plunder an absent innocence.

The role-play added a zing to his blood as he felt her lips brush against his. It was wild to think it was an inciting affair with a bored housewife and somehow he was meant to rescue her, with tales of inexistent love and promises of a mirage of an adventure. With full cognizance of the make-believe act, he kissed her untamed and bit her lower lip. She hissed as the throbbing pain shot below her skin. "Something for tomorrow morning", she heard him say while she touched to feel the rising bump on her lip.

He led her secretly into his room, hushing her all the way, warning her of his family who were in the other rooms just as he heard her speak.

"You have a nice house here", She said and he placed his hands on her mouth, silencing her, to cut her off at once. They both laughed at their insanity as they slid inside his room and bolted the door. His light mood darkened as his arm felt the zipper of her dress in the hollow of her back. Tugging her closer, he pulled down the zipper and plastered his palm onto her bare back. Running his fingers over her collar and down the length of her arms, he felt her skin unrightfully.

She kissed him distractedly, pulling away his jacket and unbuttoning his shirt. He crushed his arm, around his waist and thrust his body closer in a fervency it bounced her up on tiptoes, raising herself to a savage kiss. She moaned as if the thrill of the feigning deed spiced up his touch on her skin. It ached, she thought as he ran his lips down the nape, her curving neck and the arches of her chest. She fell back on the mattress, while he walked her backwards to the bed.

Unbuttoning the last of the buttons, he took off his black shirt and his vest. He bent down kissing her at first and then lowered his torso on top of hers; the pressure and the feel of her skin on his,bursting into lustful flames at contact. He kissed her with a deep-seated hunger, tugging her dress, below her waist and ran his hand down betwixt her breasts. Her head turned slack to her side and while kissing her continuously, he gently turned her in profile and reached for the hooks of her bandeau.  

The fair expanse of her chest, spilled into the small space between their bodies and he moved lower kissing her. She moaned and laced her fingers with his hair. Almost when she felt his lips of her perking breast, she pulled him back to her gaze.

"I want my husband back", She said in an aching tone. He smiled knowing his wife all too well and nodded in response.

"Don't worry, I will never let another rascal see you like this, let alone love your body" He said falling back into a kiss. Her lips eased into a smile and right when he was about to return to where his lips had lingered a few seconds ago, she bit him back.

"A gift for you before I let go of this sham act" She said. He raised a finger to his burning lip and chuckled at her boldness.

"Achha! Match this", He said, tickling her. She roiled in the tease he conjured on her skin, at first with his fingers and then with his lips. Pinning her hands to the sides of her face, he kissed her forcefully, not letting the evoked passion, die down any bit.

He bundled her in his arms and dragged her up to the pillow. She acceded to his movements as if she was clay in his hands, molding and moving in the way, his need drove him. It was a long night that followed there after, cooing and mumbling his name, as she went numb and became cloudlessly aware of their tangled selves, writhing in a flood of ecstasy; gasping breaths and blind fingers, searching for something lost on their naked skin.

And then it began slowly, the process of losing herself in him, seeing her unbiased image of her in his eyes...affirming in a wordless language, that she never did need a mirror after all.

Not really convinced in how my sentence structures turned out, but still posting it as I'm running out of patience. Hopefully, it doesn't fare too bad in your views. Do let me know people. Posts and comments..Like button?

Edited by 6thElement - 12 years ago
Beautiful part ...awesome.

Somewhere Geet is still not able to digest the fact.

It was awesome
The role play thing was really great
How much things are their to explore when you are in love
colours you don't see everyday the passion you can't express through words The poetry which have no words
I saw these all in your update
Do update soon I really enjoy reading ur updates
ha ha ha
the starting was funny,
and i liked the conversation between them,
the best line of the update was maan telling that couples dont need mirrors, that was wow,
please keep updating.