FF: New York times with Maan&Geet Thread 4 09/13 - Page 64

Ramhari thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
That was one shocker part.
Dev is gay and he just used Naini and Geet to cover it up 😲
He deserved all the beating he got.
He deserved more than that.
Geet and Naini were concerned about the whereabouts of the men as expected.
Maan made Rishabh act drunk so that Naini would soften up.
Maan is trying his level best to get them together .
Looks like his efforts will be fruitful pretty soon.
Maan broke out the news to Geet very plainly without much of prior prepping.
She was initially super shocked to hear the news and took a long time to digest it.
Finally looks like Geet is slowly getting out of her guilt.
I wish somebody would break this news to Meera too since
She was also guilty at a point of time as she didnt help Geet get out of
the incident that happened in their childhood.
Loved Rish Naini's confessions.
Rish Naini are super adorable.
Me too hope along with Maan that Naini seeks closure Per se pretty soon.
Thanks a ton for lots of things Haasini.
Firstly for the long weekend Marathon.
Secondly to spend all your valuable vacation time giving us so many beautiful updates.
I know how hard it is coz we hardly get these long weekends.
Thirdly for your pinky promise.
Waiting for the next parts.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

People, a gentle request.

I don't want you guys to make fun about Dev's sexuality. In fact that is not the point at all I want to focus on. What really matters is the fact that Geet's reality is changed in one night. How does a person deal with a trauma like that?

What does it do to their confidence to read people?

What does it do to the their perception of reality? Sense of betrayal?

And this is only the start of the list...

I hope you guys can treat the matter at hand solemnly.

😊 Well this is only a failure as a writer on my part to not have conveyed it with another angle. I will work on it more.

Hasini

<edit>
Also the fact that closure comes from within is what I was trying to impart with the update. By knowing a few details of the past, does not mean we already have closure. It's only for the reader, because they have answers to the questions which were not explained earlier, but not for the characters...especially Geet.

Edited by 6thElement - 12 years ago
-Aarya- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I must admit that I was little disappointed with this update, the fact that you could have taken Dev's character in any direction thus you decided to go with his sexuality issues. There are more loop holes with this track then the required closures. Have you thought of the turmoil Geet may be going through thinking of all the times she was with Dev, he might be somewhere else with someone else (of the same sex?)... honestly the thought of this situation disgusts me and is more traumatic then just being cheated by another women. I would have accepted a track where you have Geet feel sorry for Dev instead of making me feel sorry for Geet.  In short I am unable to understand why you decided to go with this track and thus no closure to Geet.

Edited by night13 - 12 years ago
This content was originally posted by: night13

I must admit that I was little disappointed with this update, the fact that you could have taken Dev's character in any direction thus you decided to go with his sexuality issues. There are more loop holes with this track then the required closures. Have you thought of the turmoil Geet may be going through thinking of all the times she was with Dev, he might be somewhere else with someone else (of the same sex?)... honestly the thought of this situation disgusts me and is more traumatic then just being cheated by another women. I would have accepted a track where you have Geet feel sorry for Dev instead making me feel sorry for Geet.  In short I am unable to understand why you decided to go with this track and thus no closure Geet.

Welcome back.

I highly doubt I could have taken Dev's character as another rotten case of infidelity. There would be no way to explain the fact that the man did not attempt to seduce his wife to go to bed with him for the entire five years he was with her.
He didn't even try in Geet's words. Let's assume for a minute he is a womanizer, then why didn't he attempt his tricks at the goods at home? And if he is/was emotionally involved with another person (whoever that is) It makes no difference here, because the blow to Geet is all the same. In fact the plot thickens if its a woman and the feeling of low esteem in Geet is a possibility that he preferred another woman in the place of her. But this story is not about Dev at all. But given the placement of his character and his betrayal how does Geet shape up?

I can only say, its not the vile case of a gay man, leading a perfect married life with a woman at home with children and all, but continues to have a same sex partner outside the house. How terrible is that? Glad atleast geet was saved from the add-on trauma of living through that too.

Geet definitely had lot to work on her shoulder. She needs to rebuild her sense of reality. Her sense of closure is within herself, just as Maan said. I can only hope I can deliver it before the end of the story.
Glad you are treating the matter with the solemnity it deserves. You made my day.
tanya_vi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Dev being gay was the most unexpected twist at this juncture..I was racking my poor brain trying to figure of the reason behind his indifferent attitude towards Geet..I thought maybe he was cheating on her or you know, something cliched like that,but I was truly taken aback by this revelation..Poor Geet must be feeling devastated..no..actually I can't imagine her feelings and thoughts...all through her married life with Dev and beyond,she held herself responsible for not being able to get physically intimate,right??
                                              She is indeed lucky to have a strong person like Maan in her life to support her everytime she falters..waiting to read how you bring closure to both the stories..all the very best!!
-Aarya- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: 6thElement

Welcome back.

I highly doubt I could have taken Dev's character as another rotten case of infidelity. There would be no way to explain the fact that the man did not attempt to seduce his wife to go to bed with him for the entire five years he was with her.
He didn't even try in Geet's words. Let's assume for a minute he is a womanizer, then why didn't he attempt his tricks at the goods at home? And if he is/was emotionally involved with another person (whoever that is) It makes no difference here, because the blow to Geet is all the same. In fact the plot thickens if its a woman and the feeling of low esteem in Geet is a possibility that he preferred another woman in the place of her. But this story is not about Dev at all. But given the placement of his character and his betrayal how does Geet shape up?

I can only say, its not the vile case of a gay man, leading a perfect married life with a woman at home with children and all, but continues to have a same sex partner outside the house. How terrible is that? Glad atleast geet was saved from the add-on trauma of living through that too.

Geet definitely had lot to work on her shoulder. She needs to rebuild her sense of reality. Her sense of closure is within herself, just as Maan said. I can only hope I can deliver it before the end of the story.
Glad you are treating the matter with the solemnity it deserves. You made my day.

I disagree with your completely, cause now not only Geet is feeling betrayed but a woman kind is also feeling betrayed by her man. This brings out insecurities of a woman rather then just infidelities. What would have happened if Dev would have told Geet of the same but Maan was never in the picture with Geet? The story always unfolds towards the end to bring closure and not another climax with open ends, specially that your title states Per Se!

-pixie- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
^^H: I also felt making him gay was too safe and cliched...I mean I can understand societal pressures in India but Dev was living in Toronto??? So why did he get married? We havent heard anything about his family and so its hard to put it down to familial pressures either.

How about he was so involved with whoever it is that he couldnt be with another person? His reasons for getting married may have been whatever!! (Maybe she was married and Geet was a decoy?). I dont know...its a bit strange that Geet would not have noticed Dev's strange (to her and what she would have expected from a husband, coming as she was from HP) behaviour in 5 years... 

However, this is your creation and you are free to take it in any which direction as you see fit, I respect that! So Gay it is!😆
Edited by -pixie- - 12 years ago
bhakbhartifan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Wow.. I didn't see that coming.. 
Escapist thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Just ended up reading NY times Per Se part 3... and ermm I'm at loss of words !
Why so you may feel...well part of it is due to the blow that I received of Dev being a gay...alright I do not have a problem if that guy is a gay..but what irked me was how the hell could he cheat on an innocent 18 year old girl ?? So much so that she felt that it was due to her that the relationship soared...see I like Dev I really do for certain things coz despite that fact, he let her study let her work and you know be an independent woman...if he really really wanted to cheat her and keep her blinded he would never have done so, but yes he did commit that one mistake and that's unforgivable at this moment...maybe with time Geet maybe do so and make herself understand that it happens, many woman out there aren't even that lucky enough so somewhere she's free and with Maan...but then again the fact that made Geet queasy was that maybe he spent his time with other women and now she comes to know they were men, so she'll have to you know I mean she can't block it...but at least maybe some years down the lane she might forgive him...because in all this drama one thing that's been good is her meeting Maan nahi toh u never know what would have happened isn't it ?? I even know not every girl is lucky and that she meets someone else, but then there are so many cases so many damn reasons you just can't go on playing the blame game you need to understand things and let go after a time...and then again there is something called as destiny, no matter how advanced we are...tech or thinking there is another force that guides you and does thing...you just can't blame that or question it all the time...time and circumstances matter, and they're different for every individual! You just can't fit into everyone's shoes can you ?? So personally I'm really not annoyed at the way you took things forward...I don't have a slight idea what others might feel..would love to hear their views too!

I really liked the way you, you took up Dev as you said... infidelity is  just not the case wherein a lady feels cheated there are so many more to add...and this is one of them!

Also loved the way Maan handled each and everything, he is a strong man though very emotional you getting what I mean right...I know its a contradicting yet! 

All in all...it was good one and what I feel is episodes in life have closures not emotions, you can never really shut them down but yes they don't affect you anymore is what I can hope of what you might be meaning! 

Guess its too much that I said...dunno what you feel about it, but as a reader this is what I wished to convey to you ! :)

Take Care.
Edited by -shabnoor- - 12 years ago
This content was originally posted by: night13

I disagree with your completely, cause now not only Geet is feeling betrayed but a woman kind is also feeling betrayed by her man. This brings out insecurities of a woman rather then just infidelities. What would have happened if Dev would have told Geet of the same but Maan was never in the picture with Geet? The story always unfolds towards the end to bring closure and not another climax with open ends, specially that your title states Per Se!

This brings out insecurities of a woman rather then just infidelities.  - The infidelity brings about insecurities, doesn't matter with whom the spouse had an affair with. Geet will feel inadequate no matter what. However chances of redeeming herself from feelings of low esteem in this scenario is a tad bit easier, given the fact, that it was pure letdown on his part and it had nothing to do with her inability to give the gratification needed (The bugger didn't turn gay overnight because she was not good enough) His loyalties didn't just lie elsewhere, but with a whole another genre of a partner by itself, men to be specific.

There is no denying that she has more stuff to deal with than what she originally had. This is no closure in one update...but rather beginning to reach for it. Per se - Intrinsic, does not mean complete.