FF: New York times with Maan&Geet Thread 4 09/13 - Page 41

Posted: 12 years ago

As quoted by the experts who has faced the writer's block...

--I've often said that there's no such thing as writer's block; the problem is idea block... so I suggest close the door... write with no one looking over your shoulder...don't try to figure out what other people want to hear from you; figure out what you have to say... It's the one and only thing you have to offer... If you want to write, write it...that's the first and the only rule.

We will be waiting for you, right here! :)

Edited by night13 - 12 years ago
Please words. I need you now (the and and you two especially). I need you to tell the truth. To say things as they are. Don't be words that I say too fast, words that I have to defend. Please don't listen to me when I tell you to do the wrong things, be the words you were meant to be. Be honour and fire place and celler door. Be slow and sunrise and sunset. Be a phrase "I know they come again." No words more than needed, just enough to say what I mean and mean what I say. Please words. Work.

From Here
Edited by -pixie- - 12 years ago
As promised, from here

She's always looking for words she says. Under the carpet, over the kichen counter even. Anywhere and everywhere. Sometimes nowhere. When she's looking out of her window, and even when she's talking. Or listening. Or not.

Do you know what looking for words in a conversation is like? she asks me.

I tell her that in a conversation there are words already. Why would you look for themin a  conversation, out of all places? ?

Words make up a conversation, yes. But the words I am looking for are sometimes not found in that conversation.

You confuse me, I say. So if they aren't found in that conversation, where do you go looking for them?

Well…you don't go anywhere, but you're looking for them still…

Okay…but unless you go looking for things, how would you find them?

Things come looking for you too. They find you.

And if they don't?

They will. Eventually. They always do.

And then what happens?

Depends.

On what?

On what that union is like. You and the words. Words and you…

And??

You might disappoint words…

You speak strangely. How does one disappoint words?

Just like they do. Words fail us sometimes. And sometimes, we fail them.

I understand.

@Shradha... I am so 'J' that you got to her before me... just because I like you I will let it go this time...! 😆

The words were awesome, and it's just what's needed, being at the right place at the right time! :) 

@Hasini... This is your queue gul, you better get to work, you have got some impatience people waiting for you to open the doors to Maaneet heaven! 😉
Edited by night13 - 12 years ago
Thank you Pixie and Night for all the encouragement.

Will all the words of motivation, I wrote up an OS. I'm crashing soon, but plan to PM later.

Do catch up on it and I hope you all like it. Let me your likes with the like button, grudges (hopefully not) and feedback  through comments.

Thanks
Hasini
Part 90: Rush Update 2

He held her wrists back in one hand, pinioning her. With her back to the wall and his body dangerously close, she felt his ragged breath stoke her cheeks. His free hand flicked the top buttons of her satin shirt, as she turned away eyes closed to not watch him plunder her modesty. She cooed as he nuzzled her neck and ran up his lips over the edge of her jaw and then over to the curve of her lips. It was only time she would moan from an exquisite sense of pleasure when his steady hand would touch her now revealed waist, but he was delaying his act, she gathered, when he thrust his bare chest on hers. Good, she thought and perhaps that was the window of opportunity she needed. There were other family members who were to be greeted too and it just wouldn't reflect well on her part as the civilized daughter-in-law, if she was stranded with him by her own desires. And so she broke free from the clutch of his hand and nudged his chest gently, while he continued to kiss and nibble on her lower lip.

"I have to go Maan" she spoke in a faint murmur, her voice drunk with the haze he was inducing in her, her hand sliding down from the thin sheer of sweat on his torso.

He thought he heard her mutter, although it was beyond comprehending now that his hand climbed up from her hip to waist. Words never made sense in his world, but this was far from it, when he saw her convulse with the same need as him. His thumb moving in a straight line landed to brush the underside of her feminine curves. But right before he could take the passionate game any notch higher, she bucked and slid to her side farther from him. Coyness creeping up her mouth, it extended her lips into a pleading smile "Please Maan...not now" She closed her eyes as she leaned against the chalk-white bathroom door; the purr she ended it with, conspicuously revealing the contention she faced with her appeal.

"Wait" he spoke softly once he saw her slip out of the room "We have to talk" His eyes dulled the same instant while her own narrowed.

"I have to go to office for a production move tomorrow for 5 hours" It was his turn to close his eyes, only this was the result of a spurt of guilt that showed up in him.

"But why?" She interjected anxiously right when she remembered him remarking that he had no office commitments over the weekend.

"Surely there must be something else that can be done...I mean...we can ask Josh" She added with the same hurry as her mind quickly counted the hours she would get to be with him, if he couldn't back out.

"Actually" He paused wondering how this was going to play out "I took this upon myself"

He made an instinctive move towards her, but she raised her hand and stepped back. She couldn't help marvel at the choice of his words, when he had indeed done it in a moment of rush...impulse to get back at her. Only that she wanted it to be phrased 'I had done it for myself'.

"Because you wanted eye for an eye" She added and he heard her voice quiver in a mix of emotion.

"All because I pushed for a change of plans to come over Saturday instead of Thursday. And for wanting to help Rishabh...to give him company in his charter and for having kept you out of that plan" Her eyes glowered at him one last time, before she swiftly turned to walk out the bedroom "So much for wanting to surprise you..." she had carried on in a painful whisper.

He had seen the ire blend with disappointment in her eyes. His anger was his undoing many a time, he resented. He braced the smooth curve of the marble sink counter for support for he had turned into one weak, lopsided man by letting requital rule his better senses. In those sullen moments, he realized, it was he who needed to pay up now. Winning her over was surely a difficult task for the night, he thought, but he was decisive about making every second with her count. "She deserves it" he said aloud, more for it to sink inside that muddy head of his, that had started keeping scores over their petty squabbles.

Quite a short one. Will get to the rest tomorrow. Thank you all for supporting me during the bouts of blocks I go through often. It truly does wonders when you guys write up ever so faithfully...

Edited by 6thElement - 12 years ago
hey  nice  update  yaar...
so  geet  came  to  NY...interesting...
looking   fwd...

You are back Yay 👏
I am almost jumping in joy.
The update was beautiful as always.
Maaneet were so longing for each other.
But guess duty towards the family made Geet slip out.
Geet also got to know that Maan had planned the whole day out
to settle scores with her.
She has all the rights to be furious now since
she was just trying to help Rishabh and surprise Maan.
Poor Maan has a lot of making up to do .
He will definitely succeed with his MSK style pacifying.
But will Geet give up so easily is my question.
She may since they have very little time of togetherness before she goes back.
May be or may be not
Waiting for the next part.

It was beautifully...anger does make the minds fuse blow off..and at times you're the one regretting..guess Maan has learnt this the hard way!

The way you describe sensuality and feelings and the emotions have a life of its own, you know...somewhere sub consciously I was waiting for Rishab and Naini...even they have grown closer to me...its not just about Maan and Geet anymore its about all of them...life in general !

And hey take your time...we are always here, waiting patiently after all as a writer many-a-times even you've waited for our comment :)

Take Care,
Fatima  
o o kya se kya ho gaya...
both are again on loggerheads...
i am glad your block seems to open up a bit...
really waiting for more updates...