Fan Fictions

FF: New York times with Maan&Geet Thread 4 09/13 - Page 36

Posted: 12 years ago
Part 89: War and Peace Update 2

After all she had done for her grandchildren, especially Maan, they were still keeping her at bay about the most enthralling news of the Khurana family, in the last decade. She wanted to call and tell her kitty party friends and share the proud news of her new status of becoming the great-grandmother to the fourth generation of Khurana kids. Although, for now, her tongue was more than literally tied as she awaited a formal confirmation from her daughter-in-law.

She sat rubbing her forehead, in the living room, surfing the channels mindlessly, when Maan entered the room.

"Daadima, can you get to your phone? I have been calling you for the last 10 mts" he said, holding up his phone, away from his ears, as if he was already on a call.

This confused Daadima greatly, making her wonder, if everything up in that first floor head of her grandson was functioning as it should be. Her puzzled look, clarified her state of mind to him, when he smiled and went ahead to gesture her to pick up the phone. She plainly obeyed to dig out her phone from under the sofa cushions that had muffled the rings earlier. In other words, she had a prickling need to confront him about the news. But she knew better than to do so and hear his disappointed denial over the claim. Instead, she chose to continue being exasperated until Geet would visit them. The things she had to do for them, despite her own displeasure...

The phone rang in the next few seconds and she picked up to answer his call. Only now, there was a brief moment for which the line went dead and the next second, she heard an array of voices throwing words at each other, all sounding friendly.

"Hi Daadima" Rishabh said, followed by Meera, Yash, and then Geet screeched in the end "Daadima...I miss you...How are you?"

She was silent, taken back wondering, against who they were planning a coup against. It didn't take her long to notice Naini had not been on the call and being the mastermind behind many schemes and devious plans, that had benefited one too many kids, she was sure, that Naini indeed was the subject of the call.

"I'm good beta, how are you now?" She asked hoping, she would hear one clue...rather any clue that could confirm her suspicion.

"Oh! I'm tired Daadima, that's all" Geet answered quite cheerful, sounding far from being worn out.

"Daadima..." Maan called to her attention rather straight "Rishabh wants to move to NY for a while, and I was suggesting he stay with Meera and Yash" He paused and then added "He can't come home given Naini is here and of course no point staying faraway"

"But Daadima, I really don't want to be intruding first of all...I mean...Me staying one floor directly below does not make it any easier" Rishabh said, seeming unsure as his tone faltered for most part of his words. This pretty much gave out the point of contention they were debating against and she eased back into the sofa with that. She could take all she can get, and so in the time it would Geet to travel down and give her the news personally, she sought peace over Rishabh's decision to come over.

"Oh! Common Rishabh, even Daadima will acknowledge it's the best if you stay close and moreover Yash and Meera are practically family" Geet chirped, anxious what Daadima would have to say, albeit she was certain, Daadima had little to object.

"Yes, Geet's old bedroom is still furnished and we are mostly not home. It's no trouble at all Rishabh" Meera chimed in, wanting to make him comfortable all the more.

"Common, once you join us, at least we men will not be outnumbered here..." Yash wanted to give a pat on his back at his immediate finding that had not been obvious to the others, but Meer glowered at him from the kitchen.

"Seriously, I'm sure it sounds all fun, but I have no timelines around when things would fall into place..." Rishabh hesitated before he continued with his thoughtful tone "And you all know how stubborn she is"

Sensing the uneasiness with Rishabh, Geet made a move to turn the call into a personal one. She felt Rishabh could so with a bit of discretion when he was being exposed raw and came across vulnerable.

"Yash and Meer, we will call you right back...I hope you guys don't mind...I think..."

Meer cut her off, before Geet could finish her sentence.

"Yeah, absolutely...bye guys...bye Daadima" Meera sang quickly. Shortly afterwards, Yash too bid his good byes and the duo dropped off, without so much as a question.

"Beta, why are you hesitant?...If Maan hasn't told you already, that apartment actually belongs to Naini. Maan bought it in her name. Just treat it as your temporary home" Daadima sounded calm enough and her tranquil was undoubtedly rubbing off on the others, more importantly Rishabh.

"All arrangements can be made sure that you are going to feel at home. We can hire a cook or even better have you come home...that way you can meet her often" Geet recommended.

"I doubt it Geet...She hates my presence for now..." He wanted to end, saying that Naini would very well run away once again if she was to learn he would be staying one floor down from her current home. Kicking himself was what he wanted to do, for making love to her the other night. How much more shallow could he have come across to her? He was asking himself that question for the hundredth time.

"Rishabh, If there is one thing I know about my sister for sure..." Maan came out firm, yet assuring "then that is her still being in love with you. The sooner you are going to try to shake her out of her denial, I say it's better for you...If not for her, I would want you to stay with us, but I insist you stay downstairs and not anywhere else" He finished off his spiel, convinced that should do the trick.

Maan didn't have to wait long to find out that he was right. Rishabh was yielding, even though his reluctance over the matter was being conveyed clear by  his voice.

"Ok...Maan" He said softly, like he was giving up on something "I will wrap up the affairs here and move into the apartment over the weekend"

"Wow...that is such good news" Geet shouted in excitement across the phone line. Daadima smiled in agreement in the living room as Maan came out of the bedroom to join her.

"I'm really feeling J now...All of you will be there in NY...and it will just be me on this side of the coast then" She said, her voice drowning out, towards the end. Maan instantly got up and went back into his room, unable to face Daadima anymore. Since when did his face become a palette of emotions? He pondered. The pain of leaving her behind...that she could miss out on all that might play out at NY unplanned, troubled him.

Her own sentiments had not been different at all, some three thousand miles away. She had sat back in the chair, weary from the load the realization bore, when she had been pacing the room all the while. Being away from family was going to cost her this time, she thought.

"Oh! Don't worry Geet...I will make sure the drama is all scheduled for the weekends you are here. Trust me you won't miss out on anything" Rishabh attempted consoling her.

After sorting out the finer details, Rishabh hung up and so did Daadima, leaving Geet and Maan on the conference call.

"I miss you Maan...really...I think I might go mad one day...sometimes there is just too much silence around me" She said, wanting to tear down the shrieking silence that haunted her at home and sometimes office. It was a start up with few men, scattered across a long hall, which had broken her expectations the very first day. The element of conversation was restricted to only phone calls with him at the moment, and so she held on to every minute she got with him, like her life depended on it. Indirectly that was what was keeping her sanity alive over the weekdays.

"I miss you more..." He said, closing his eyes in a quick prayer.

He really didn't mind time teleporting just then, or even settle for the ultra-modern techniques to communicate with her hologram. But he reminded himself, it would never be the same as having her in the flesh, in their NY apartment. At that moment, he was ready to pay up any amount to just cup her cheek or hold her hand...nevertheless, distance, like life, was a bit^& after all.  

I know I haven't been PM'ing at all...But will do so soon. In the mean while, I can always do with more comments, don't you think? Let me know, how it's all turning out. All those who have been commenting regularly, THANK YOU so much for taking time out for this FF. It means a lot to hear from you all.

Edited by 6thElement - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MystiqueDew thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
So Naini is back ...hope Rishabh too will join her soon ...aww ...Maan was so restless to meet his sister ...love the small Brother-Sister convo ...love the way how they were defending each-other.Maan-Geet phone convo was really lovely.Wonderful update.
blueopal thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
hey  nice  update  yaar...
maaneet  r  rocking  n  romantic  too...
naini  is  back  with  maan  n  she  asked  for  time...nice...hope  she  accept  abhi...
wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  abhi is  gonna  join  in  NY...that's  good  yaar...wanna  see  naini  n  abhi  reunion  sooon...
looking  fwd...

Edited by blueopal - 12 years ago
hamini_yash thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Nice Update . But I felt really bad for Maan when Geet complained about the silence around her. I mean he likes being quiet and here his darling wife is complaining about the same thing. Let her come back forever.I cant see him sad.
MystiqueDew thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
So Rishabh is moving into NY ...Sonner Maan & Geet clear Daadi's doubt ...it would be better for Daadi ...before she blurt out her doubts to everyone.After long time Yash-Meera ...lovely.loved Maan-Geet convo ...that was so sweet ...ll u come up with transferring Geet to NY??? wonderful update!!!
febinyusuff thumbnail
Hasini..

great update..I am happy to see that Rishab is coming to stay at yash and Meera's place.. eagerly waiting to see patch up betwwen Rishab- Naini.. but yaar do something with our Maaneet.. How long will they stay apart.. 😭😭😭😭😭

Also, please don't give that our sweet daadi expectations.. please clear it up or I think may be she will hear the good newz sooon 😉😉😉

arabianpaki thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Despite Maan and Geet being far away...you have continued to write about their nok-jhok..and nautanki ;) I love it!!!.. I love how your writing about their emotion in this long distance relationship! So glad that Naini and Maan talked...sibling love!
So their plan is in action soon?!?  I would hate to be in Geet's place if all the fun is miles and miles away! ..But I'm sure she'll make it to NY so she doesn't miss all the fun!
Poor Dadi..she's waiting for the "good news" ...😆
Can't wait for Rishabh to come to NY...this is gonna be interesting..especially since Brother MSK is a part of all this..
Thanks for the lovely updates Hasini!

Edited by arabianpaki - 12 years ago
libra25 thumbnail
maan and naini have come a long way...
finally bro and sis are trying to rediscover their relationship and maan trying to be the elder one is also taking the initiative to sort out her entangled relations...
i love geet and maan's rather spicy arguments which tend to make you smile than worry..
awesome part...
will read the second part.
and comment on it...

libra25 thumbnail
ohh.. i love this new twist...
that rishabh is shifting in with yash and meera...
this will bring yash and meera back after a long time...
and good news from geet...
oh so loving and longing the future happy moments...
continue soon
preethia thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
seems like i missed nearly 4-5 updates...
i didnt get the pm sorry...
well naini i dont think that it was the effect of the cough syrup that u ended up loving him...still she loves him but not able to forgive him for wat he put her thro...
maan is getting more romantic and geet getting more bold...but poor them they have to live apart...hey wat happened to her visa they hv applied for...
cant c them suffer like this miles apart...
fnally maan spoke to naini just like a elder bro shud and advicing her...
all these cupids hell bent to get rishab-naini back...
everyone in one place and geet not there i feel very sad abt it...
pl cont soon