FF: New York times with Maan&Geet Thread 4 09/13 - Page 35

Posted: 12 years ago
Hasini.. I didnt realize u had updated dis. just an miss
WoW... I loved the whole grapes crush part. I could imagine the whole scene as thou it was playing in front of me. It has always been sensual and passionate about Maaneet, and I need to agree that u had indeed proved it in this update as well. Their grapes crush reminds me of an song taken from tamil Movie called "Ullasam". That was really an sensuous scene as well. Now me need to youtube that song jst to imagine Maaneet... 😳 Silly me
Thx for this awesome update. Plz cont soon...

Part 89: War and Peace Update 1

There was no way he was going to escape the dreadful meeting and so he had stayed back at office grudgingly and was now rushing back home. She was already there in NY, resting and recovering well, as per Daadima's last phone call, which he had asked her to do so intermittently throughout the day.

Once having dropped off Geet back in her apartment, he and Daadima had taken the night flight to NY. And en-route to the apartment is when he had received her call, informing them, that she too was on her next flight to NY. Of course they had not discussed any details before she hurried off at the beckoning boarding call, to get to her gate. Not being able to excuse himself out of office again, he had made a brief visit to set the needed affairs in order and had planned to pick her up from the airport. Although the workplace schedule had gone haywire, making him send for a limo to receive Naini, along with Daadima.

Now that his day at the office was over, he couldn't wait to get back to her. More importantly, his imagination had given up on him, to come up with the list of all conceivable reactions to the anticipated moment. At the top of his listing being, her resorting to inflict physical damage from the nearest possible object that was capable of delivering a blow equal in quantum to that of her resentment of 9 years.

The last time around, he had been positive; she had been in no state to discern that the image in her mind had not been one from her fantasy. He had not felt the indignation rise up his throat and neither had the walls in his mind gone up in reflex. Although, now he was beginning to rotate his fisted hand about its wrist, while rested on the arm rest, in part concern and part anxiety. The latter, being hidden under many layers of worry over her ill health, was camouflaged in plain sight.

Not surprisingly, the elevator did not seem to be fast enough for him today. The mail box had not opened sooner either. Every moment was building up the same force like a dam of water behind a frail wall, waiting to break open. He wondered what had blocked these tiding emotions in him and never made its presence felt those nine silent years. It seemed like blinding light was entering his fortress of solitude and his wall of defense was coming down one brick at a time and he had little doubt it was his wife's undoing.

He latched open the key and entered the living room. Finding his way across the familiar path between suitcases and furniture, he entered her bedroom. And just like that his nervousness had fizzled out, starting to recede back into the black hole that it usually stemmed from, once he was pacing across the hallway to get to her room; the inherent unperturbed appearance resurfacing in no time. Like an instinctive survival response, he had gone stiff and distant. It was going to take practice on his part to show he was extending an arm in her direction...that he had already started walking to meet her half-way or more.

As he stood by the door, watching her nap with an uneasy frown, a plastic smile came on his face. After what seemed like a minute, the curve on his lips had a life of its own, widening as a sign of approving her quirks, that had managed to filter through the eroding years it took for her to grow into a woman. Nonetheless, her heart was the same age as the time she had left home. Or how else could he explain the blanket lying down on the floor, which she often kicked off her body, while being asleep?

He stepped closer to the bed, picking up the comforter he covered her once again and tucked the edges by her sides. The same confiding smile played up his face, only no one was there to read the secrets he was giving away. He moved closer to the head of the bed, wanting to check up on her temperature. When he reached out to touch her forehead, his cellphone rang suddenly, making her shuffle about her position and it had him running towards his room.

Immediately he silenced the phone and picked up the call, once outside, after attempting to laugh away his chagrin. Being a softy, was just not his cup of tea...

"Ooh! I didn't expect you to pick up the phone. I thought you would be busy" she said, sounding unsure, as she heard the last traces of a laugh leaving his tone.

"Pagli! Then why would you call?" He asked with a faint chuckle, while he flicked the buttons off his shirt, gearing to change into casual clothes.

"What shall I do? Yeh Dil hain ki maanta nahin" Her voice dropped low, with a false pitch and dulcet tone, rising with the tempo and picked up the musical note.

"Anything but singing Geet...Please spare me the torcher" he commented, almost trying to shake off with his index finger a mock ringing tone in his ears, of which she was unaware then.

"Ok...serious Maan. How is she?" She paused, before adding, "Is she ok? I mean you will talk to her right?" She ended impatiently.

"Yes, she is fine, the temperature has come down. And I will talk to her when she wakes up" He stopped short for a moment, trying to open his closet, balancing the phone with his ears pressed to it, which was in turn resting on his shoulder "Done with the interrogation?" It was the fourth time that day she was confirming that the nascent bonds formed on the unexpected Sunday morning were going to continue.

"No...of course not...Done eating? Chai? You should have at least something Maan...What time is it?" She drawled looking at her watch "Its 4.00 already...Did you have lunch?"

He rolled his eyes, but her care was pooling an inviting warmth in his body "I brushed, I bathed, I drank some OJ, Of course I wore clothes, we don't want to forget that on the way to office and then had a sandwich from lulu's around 11.00, one coffee at 2.00, now I really don't feel like eating...Done with the enquiry? Or do you want me to go into details" he said sounding slightly ticked off, repeating the routine he was now following. More so, the frustration came from the fact, that she had no part to play in his regimen.

"Hai Babaji! Why do you get annoyed at everything?" she came across irked" "I was only making sure you were fending well for yourself...After marriage, you are slacking when it comes to you and here I'm being blamed over being a nag" she said, her pitch now loud.  She was making a face and looked miffed.

In another second, the line went dead, while he still held on to the call. He sighed, rubbing his forehead. Hanging up on each other and the follow up calls to coax her, was one other regular, he had missed out mentioning to her, he thought. Since he was in between the process of changing into comfortable home clothes, he decided to delay calling her back until the he was settled in the living room, which he was sure would not take him more than a few minutes.But little did he know it would not be the case.

He was done with dumping his soiled clothes in the hamper, when he sighted her standing in the far corner of his room, swaddled in that same comforter he had tucked her in. He paused in his turn, going rigid all at once, as she strode towards him with a long face. Before he could say or ask anything, she was resting his forehead on his shoulder, moving into a position to lean on him in profile. In no time, he was hugging her, slightly patting her head right about her ear.

"I missed you..." She said in a meek tone, punctuated with a cough.

"Don't talk...you need some rest and some tea" He muttered low, swaying her gently. He was glad it had all happened fast, with no time to think or process on first reactions. This had been nothing like what he had thought of initially, although he felt, there could not been a better alternate moment in a parallel universe. If this is what people called closure, then he didn't mind seeking more of it.

"And then we will settle some old squabbles" he said, look down at her thoughtfully, albeit surprised, he had said that to start with.

"Whatever it is you already win..I really am tired of fighting" Her voice was getting lost in the big room; it came out hoarse or throaty, owing to her congestion.

"Not, so soon..not when I'm here..I can play your side too" He said, trying to cheer her a bit.

"Your cape is not going to protect me from everything that lashes into..." she stopped, thinking awhile "or rather walks out of my life"

"Perhaps, it has not gone far..Sure it was a big mistake..and only a nod from you will make them come running back..." He said as she got out of his hold and went to sit by his bed "Have you thought about it?" he questioned her as she looked grave, more from the topic they were discussing.

"Even I didn't come looking for you at that time of need. I left you too..." He said, acknowledging the failure on his part.

"No...I left..." she interrupted, swiftly lifting her head to face him as he inched towards her "And you just stopped looking...that's all"

"Then I don't deserve any forgiveness either" his face gave away the trouble and guilt in his heart.

"And this is where it exactly goes moot...given that we all have done our share to deserve nothing and everything when we compare each other like that" She was starting to feel dazed with the range of emotions she was going through for everyone in her life.

"Well, all the more reason, to start thinking about giving him another chance" He said somberly, slightly ruffling the hair by her crown.

"I'm..." She stuttered uncertain at first, but her words accrued stubbornness as she went on "I need some time and I'm still not sure about anything" She said, stressing upon the last word she let out.

Right then, his phone rang breaking his flow of thoughts. Putting it to his ears, he heard her get on with her usual spiel that was meant for such situations, even before he could greet her with the standard 'Hello'

"I'm waiting here, in the phone room...thinking that you will call and look at you..." she sounded dramatic "You don't care at all...do you? Oh! Wait...now this is the part where you taunt me saying I was the one who hung up on you, right?" She was breathing down her anger into the microphone.

Something about the set-up made him crack up into a hearty laughter and that made her groan with irritation on the other side of the call. Naini gave a small smile and left the room at the same time. He placed a pillow against the headboard and sat back into the bed.

"Ok...Geet listen...I'm sorry..." he started knowing well, he was going to be stuck in that call for another hour.

To be continued...
Edited by 6thElement - 12 years ago
I think I have a love and a hate relationship with your Maan. 😆

Oh! How I  wish Geet would just sing tortures songs while Maan running in circles,  covering his ears and praying... 'help me Babaji'!

Maan and Geet's phone conversations were simply adorable, poor Geet only if she could 'smack' her husband! 😉

Maan and Naini have come a long way!
--Our siblings push buttons that cast us in roles we felt sure we had let go of long ago: the baby, the peacekeeper, the caretaker, the avoider... It doesn't seem to matter how much time has elapsed or how far we've traveled.  ~J. Leder

Will Naini learn from her relationship with Maan, and how it all ties to her future with  Rishabh. Give him a chance, take a risk, live a little cause life is just too short!

Awesome Update :H!

Edited by night13 - 12 years ago
nice update dear.. i loved the ice melting between Maan and Naini..actually it shows how close were they.. Naini is also so sweet.. I miss Geet in NY apartment.. Please bring her there sooon..

Very nice update.
So Naini is back home. Wonder what Rishabh's condition would be.
Maan was so restless to meet her and was super nervous too to break the ice i suppose.
If not for Geet's influence Maan would have never made the advances may be.
She was his ray of sunshine.
Her phone calls to keep tab on him from time to time were so sweet.
Her mock anger at the end was so good that it made even the MSK burst out laughing.
Naini must have been shocked to see her brother in such state.
Bro-sis convo was very touching.
Each of them supporting the others while pointing out their own mistakes was very good.
I am sure Maan will talk Naini into giving rishabh a second chance which she may have already given.
I am so missing rishabh 😃
waiting for more.

Awww. Maan and Naini spoke to each other. And I agree with Maan, it couldn't happen in any other better way. Super ⭐️
Ok...As much as I hate saying this...

I'm tired of writing parts in many updates. You know me, I like to name each post and off late I feel some of the updates can be named differently, instead of just sticking it with the previous part and calling it Update 2.
So, I'm going to break my own rules and go beyond Number 100...there is just so much story to move ahead...and to be told.
Hasini
Originally posted by 6thElement

Ok...As much as I hate saying this...

I'm tired of writing parts in many updates. You know me, I like to name each post and off late I feel some of the updates can be named differently, instead of just sticking it with the previous part and calling it Update 2.
So, I'm going to break my own rules and go beyond Number 100...there is just so much story to move ahead...and to be told.
Hasini
Go for it. I miss your innovative titles anyways😉😳
Maaneet's phone convo was really adorable.
Loved they each other making sure everything is fine around.
The dramatic Geet is really cute. Missing her in NY
Finally both siblings having some heart-to-heart talk.
Naina left him and landed to NY.
Wonder how is Rishabh doing there. Poor soul.
I really wish she would give Rishabh another chance.
Eager to read more of the convo btwn Maan-Naina.
Well actually am missing Rishabh in this update.
Am so use to see his name in each update.
You going to write more. Am so eager to read all those wonderful update.
But i really hope there wont be mega twist on further updates.
Will there be...

Part 76 Family court: Oh know….drama to ensue…I just know it!!! I just hope it's not depressing!

highlighted her cheekbones that flickered like that of a ruddy candle flame- this imagery is so excellent…love the way you described it!

AWWW! Dadaji is such a cutie….no wonder Maan is such a romantic….wonder where he gets it from?! LOL!!  Spraying Dadi's perfume in the air to remind him of her when she's gone….awww!

And yet the feeling gushed in her, that he still played hide and seek with words. –How cute….hide and seek with words…me likey like like! And love how Geet knows Maan inside out and upside down!

The family tradtion line of how the women are supposed to be cherished….this Khurana Men are something else!

Aww and then the flashback scene…so so so cute! I miss the old days too!!

WHOA! Share holder….def didn't expect that at all. I still don't get why she was hestitant….sometimes I fail to understand her! Her name is Naintara….so OMG….def didn't know either! I guess Geet isn't the only feeling stupid!

OH!!! SNAP! This just got so much better…the drama officially begins…Dev and Naintara….holy sheeps…I can't believe this! But then along Geet supporting Naini…I can't even call her NT at this point! Uff….I don't get her…let's see how it all plays out!

Geet and Naini to be friends….let's ee what happens….but the alliance has kind of formed…with Geet kind of taking her side and Naini showing an instant liking of Geet! Let's hope for the best!

Honestly, I don't know how I feel about the whole finding/talking with her hubby in secrecy….not gonna be good…I'm calling it now!!!

And end It with a kiss….beautiful!!! With a bang…awesome!!!!!!!!

Okay loved it, but why is the pace slowed down in this update….there wasn't much action…no fight, confrontation, or any kind of action…I mean we find out about her hubby…but more please!!!!!

Still not bad at all!!!!