Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

You know a serial is goin downhill when...

malinn thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
When you first see the promos... Something attracts you... Then, in the first few episodes you are glued... You love the serial... Wait for it eagerly... The pre-caps leave you panting for more... You want to discuss it with one and all... You start loving the leads and hating the villains... You love it when the characters come on other shows and reality shows ...and get awards ...and great TRPs ...and mahaepisodes ...and watch re-runs if you miss even a line ...and fight with anyone who talks or disturbs during the telecast ...and love the signature tune... AAAHHH...

And then... You start questioning the characters...what motivates them... Why this and why not that... You start cribbing... Irritation starts setting in... You surf other channels during the breaks... You start doing some other work alongwith the telecast like cutting veggies or writing or homework or talking with a friend on the phone... You are ok with just listening to the serial with some glances every few seconds... Then... You start skipping parts... It's ok... Then, when you miss an episode... It's not the end of the world... You read an update... That's fine... Now you are preferring the update...

The death of the serial starts when... Even the updates are boring... That's the final nail in the coffin...I am reaching that stage in Sathiya...

Anyone with me?????Edited by malinn - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

choti_rani thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I'm totally with you on that one considering I have missed quite a few episodes and really only quick read the updates for anything important.

PS very dramatically and excellently put though. Loved the beginning when you are glued to the serial because I'm sure that was definately me in the beginning, but with a whole year and we STILL have that Aham yelling at Gopi in every other episode you get tired pretty quick.
malinn thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanks Eesha... We speak the same language...
angelirebelli thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Wonderfully put malinn... Cudnt agree more...

The makers of the serial have abandoned the original track for TRPs via meaningless kalakari... Because the story is hardly moving in the direction I would want it to, I have hit a stage wherein I watch/read the update at the beginning of the week (Mon) and maybe on the weekend. (anything dramatic barely happens during the other weekdays). 

Definitely feel cheated, when week after week the show falls into a pattern, one major kalakari happening and one shout/scream scene, and this was not wht I had signed up for!! 

Edited by angelirebelli - 12 years ago
ANJ4 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I am still interested in seeing gohem ,   I even talk to my husband about it , even though he say he does not watch.   So I don't think it is going down, I hopre not.   I am so confused??????? 
badnam thumbnail
Actually I have started watching this recently.. so still into early modes.. :D
manjushree8.00 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
hmmm i think ...ahem izz gonna pic up gopi frm d station...! hmm dats so exitin!👏👏👏👏
Bobbi. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Your point of view is respected.

But I disagree with you. Apparently, I'm loving the show.

The charm is still there, characters like Kokila, Rashi, Gopi-Ahem and Urmila keep the show alive. Indeed that "flavor" is still available, it's just the matter of personal taste and mood.

I do respect your POV, but posting these kinds of topics of the forum only instigates the members who love the show to the core and we are trying our best not to have fights and conflicts on the forum.

Let's hope the peace is maintained.

Take care.
leavesandwaves thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
You have correctly surmised.

Now I watch if I have nothing bettter to do. I am more interested Dhaval and Kinjal  Kinjal is so lucky.

Now Urmila also will do everything to please Kinjal so that she will not move out.

Gopi looks like a trained doll whose movements are sluggish. Many times Kokila herself used to say to Gopi, " Javo. Khade Khade kya kar rahi ho? ". The most irritating and slowest of scenes is whenever she sees Ahem, she slowly tries to put on her pallu while that background score starts to play.
Edited by rightnow - 12 years ago
kalgirl thumbnail
I totally agee with you ...

if gopi does nt change her attitude in coming episodes and something interesting does not happen.. i am sure everyone would be bored and stop watching the serial ultimately ...

its the same , like how it ws a year ego ... a year ago ahem hated gopi .. even now he does so  ..

i am bored .. i am sure evryone is bored with this serial now ...