Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago

Stardom is bakwaas

Promising to be the same always, Salman says he doesn't believe in labelling his success

Kunal M Shah kunal.shah@timesgroup.com 

Post two consecutive money rakers Wanted and Dabangg, one would expect Salman Khan to now start having those starry airs. Looks like, he couldn't be bothered less. While people may think that whom they see is a new, more focused, serious Salman, the star himself feels, "Stardom and all is bakwaas. I am and always will be the same. The only thing that has probably changed in me is that I have learnt to say 'No'." 
    Salman, who always stood by his friends, has now realised that even friends deserve to be told 'No' when required. "Gone are the days when I used to make a film and say 'chalta hai, sets pe dekh lenge, kuch bana denge' to friends who did not have a script. Give me a good script and I will do it," explains the actor. 
    However, the star sure has learnt to say a 'yes' to media. Salman, who never promoted his own films, did so for Wanted. And for his forthcoming film Ready, he has even designed the promotional events. The actor who brought a graffiti covered bus to an event of the film recently, still chose to deny his new media savvy avatar, "I am bakofying, and you are chapoying. It's the release of my film. I am doing my job and you are doing yours. Solves the purpose for both of us." 
    With a lot of expectations pinned on Ready after the success of his last two films, the media promotion is understandable. "I just hope we stand up to the expectations. Everybody starts off wanting to make a successful film," says the actor. 
    Ready, the film has had its fair share of controversies as well. The fight between Salman and Anees Bazmee for instance. "It is all bulls***. he came back for the post production of Thank You. There is no fight," states Salman. But then, one would wonder why he never chose to refute them? Was that too a part of the publicity? "Why should I clear rumours? It just takes my thumb to deny all rumours on Twitter. But I choose not to," declares Sallu bhai. 
    Leaving films aside, there have been constant speculations about his personal life as well. His meeting with ex-girlfriend Somy Ali hit the headlines a little over a month back. "Yes, I met her. She is my friend like many others. They come to my house doesn't mean I am having an affair with them," says Sallu and adds, clearing the air about Kangna, "Kangna too, is my friend. She is very sweet." 
    Though, Salman understands how to be diplomatic about the women in his life, one thing he still hasn't learnt is the business of making a film, unlike his peers Aamir, Shah Rukh or Saif. "I don't want to understand the business. Sohail does and so does my father. It will probably take me five minutes but if I understand, I will spend hours every day thinking about it. I am happy this way," reveals the actor.
Edited by Da_BagarhBilla - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Thanks on the article! and yes with age Salman is getting wiser. In the past he just signed anything to help anyone out,. Glad he being more like Aamir now. I think hanging out with him has helped!😊

Edited by wat_up - 12 years ago
Marauders thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Stardom and all is bakwaas

he should tell this to his brother arbaaz :P
dabangg ke baad to arbaaz ji 🤪

and anyway glad to know that he will only sign films with a good script! i was getting sick and tired of seeing him in films that had a next to no storyline

StarDom is Bakwaas : Salman Khan

^  yep. Karma is a bitch.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEXE2fbGkak[/YOUTUBE]

da-da-dang-dang-dang-dang-dang-dang...

da-da-dang-dang-dang-dang-dang-dang...

🤪

bips thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

StarDom is Bakwaas : Salman Khan ...

...  so says the man who uses his stardom to run over everyone in the industry like a road roller