Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Osama Bin Laden Killed (Update) - Part 2 (Page 27)

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 06 May 2011 at 10:07am | IP Logged

US intelligence failed to prevent 09/11. Both the Clinton and Bush administration received flak for that. Bush was heavily attacked for his failure to prevent 09/11.

The Bush administration received heavy criticism for his decision to attack Iraq while failing to capture or kill Osama Bin laden. There was harsher criticism when his 'WMD' argument fell flat. There are dozens of documentaries attacking the Bush administration. Dozens of lawyers filed charges against the Bush administration for its shortcomings. There has even been serious talk about charging the Bush administration for war crimes because of their unethical war tactics.

Indian intelligence failed to prevent 26/11. People in India were outraged at the inefficiencies and incompetency. A lot of politicians and intelligence officers were under fire. Even today journalists and citizens keep a close eye on their politicians write scathing criticisms against corruption and incorrect practices.

I think it is the duty of citizens to keep constant pressure on their government, keep probing, keep questioning and even threaten legally or politically if need be. To give due credit there are definitely progressive Pakistani journalists and citizens who try to do that. Unfortunately, their numbers are not enough because of the laissez faire attitude adopted by some people.

Today the glaring fact is

-          Pakistan intelligence failed to find the worlds most wanted terrorist who was hidden in a massive high security mansion right next to a military academy.

Of course Pakistan officials have arrested several terrorists. However, its just like busting the small time coke peddlers on the street when the coke warehouse sits right next to the narcotics precinct.

I won't deny this is a harsh criticism of the Pakistani intelligence and the government. However, this criticism is done with good intent. There is no malice or ill will towards the innocent people who are victims of all this as well. This is by no means an attempt to bash or mock the civilians or their sense of nationality.

Yes emotions have run high and some people may have said some harsh or mocking words and I hope people calm down and avoid loaded language, because we are all better than that (and that goes out to both sides really).

The main point of all this is definitely not to tear down Pakistan, but to get its citizens to acknowledge the shortcomings. Thanks to those who have done so. However, just acknowledging is not enough. If you had a gaping cut in your hand that's spewing blood – do you just say "I'm bleeding profusely, and I could bleed to death" and then sit down and twiddle your thumbs? You do something about it right. You find a way to dress your wounds, you go to a doctor or try to find someone else who can help you. You try to find a solution. That's the point we are trying to make. Now that you know something is wrong, what would you like to do about it? I agree it does not have to be USA as a solution. As an American I don't see the other solutions. But as  a citizen of Pakistan surely you have good pragmatic solution to make Pakistan a safe and prosperous country?

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

tanya12frostychaha_khansouroRapiercricketfan1MrsNealCaffreymonarCutiepie Rani_dkmystery_Faraan92blue-ice.AreYaar

Cutiepie Rani IF-Stunnerz
Cutiepie Rani
Cutiepie Rani

Posted: 06 May 2011 at 10:11am | IP Logged
 ^ you said it really well RTH!
MrsNealCaffrey IF-Rockerz

Posted: 06 May 2011 at 10:15am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

tanya12ts9787MagixXRapiermonar_dkmystery_

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 06 May 2011 at 10:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chaha_khan

]Dear its because US lost 3000 innocent People in 9/11 but after that thank God nothing big happened in US but i Pakistan we lost more thn 34000 People in 4-5 years thats why people can think like this .here we are suffering more thn US thats y people can think like this
@ Others Only those can understand who knows the reality or those who are suffering others can only criticize and blame and cant do anything else
Stay blessed

I'd get the logic if you stated death toll in Iraq or Afghanistan because those nations were/are occupied by USA and can be deemed responsible. Pakistan is still sovereign and an ally of USA, so any death toll in Pakistan is the responsibility of the Pakistan government and army.

That being said this 34,000 where are you getting the numbers from. Can you please cite the source. Preferably a valid source that identifies death toll by conflicts/strike, between which forces and breaks down those dead as civilians, terrorists and military personnel (US/PAK/Allies).

Also to add 09/11 death toll of 2977 does not include the rescue workers who died during rescue in later days or due to injuries/diseases contracted during rescuing.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

tanya12MrsNealCaffreyRapier_dkmystery_Faraan92

chaha_khan Goldie
chaha_khan
chaha_khan

Posted: 06 May 2011 at 10:28am | IP Logged
Pakistan Media and people are definitely criticizing Pak Forces and Government check out Pakistan news channels,print Media and People reaction on different sites But defintely when someone will call a country bloody state no one will be able to tolerate it. i dont think so it comes under criticism it comes under bashing.When someone will post funny tweets and etc it will definitely Hurt others
For some people (Here in Pak) Osama is not a hero actually for them USA is a villain and they will support Osama against him and i will tell you why
From2004-2005 to 2009 Total 2500 died in US drone attack but only 200+ taliban got killed others were Innocent people.Like Americans hate Osama for killing innocent people Those innocent people or their Family members hate US.they are un educated they dont know why this all is Happening they only knows their sons,daughter,husbands etc got killed by US attacks
Every coin has two sides Dear
cricketfan1 IF-Rockerz
cricketfan1
cricketfan1

Posted: 06 May 2011 at 10:30am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Cutiepie Rani

Originally posted by Aliyaafridi

^ um we all know that terrorism won't end with osama's death.

Some people were saying so it was in regard with that!
The question that arises is that Will his death really make a difference like some people have claimed it may or will it not!

Oh and Pakistan has also been threatened!
Again we suffer 

Well its quite surprising that people can think like that. Al Queda is a huge group and they are def bound to take revenge on both the US and Pakistan. I'm just praying that no more innocent lives are lost. :(
Dear its because US lost 3000 innocent People in 9/11 but after that thank God nothing big happened in US but i Pakistan we lost more thn 34000 People in 4-5 years thats why people can think like this .here we are suffering more thn US thats y people can think like this
@ Others Only those can understand who knows the reality or those who are suffering others can only criticize and blame and cant do anything else
Stay blessed

I am a bit confused with your numbers...What is the point of quoting the number of deaths???Are you by any chance trying to say that since 3000 is much lesser than 34,000, US's people don't know what death and suffering is???

Also, I didn't understand how your point relates to the stuff you quoted above...

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

tanya12MagixXRapierMrsNealCaffreymonar_dkmystery_blue-ice.

MrsNealCaffrey IF-Rockerz

Posted: 06 May 2011 at 10:32am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

tanya12Monika__29MagixXRapierFaraan92_dkmystery_

chaha_khan Goldie
chaha_khan
chaha_khan

Posted: 06 May 2011 at 10:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by cricketfan1

Originally posted by Aliyaafridi

^ um we all know that terrorism won't end with osama's death.

Some people were saying so it was in regard with that!
The question that arises is that Will his death really make a difference like some people have claimed it may or will it not!

Oh and Pakistan has also been threatened!
Again we suffer 

Well its quite surprising that people can think like that. Al Queda is a huge group and they are def bound to take revenge on both the US and Pakistan. I'm just praying that no more innocent lives are lost. :(
Dear its because US lost 3000 innocent People in 9/11 but after that thank God nothing big happened in US but i Pakistan we lost more thn 34000 People in 4-5 years thats why people can think like this .here we are suffering more thn US thats y people can think like this
Stay blessed

I am a bit confused with your numbers...What is the point of quoting the number of deaths???Are you by any chance trying to say that since 3000 is much lesser than 34,000, US's people don't know what death and suffering is???

Also, I didn't understand how your point relates to the stuff you quoted above...
Dont manipulate My words here SleepyDid i said anything like this ?I just said Pak is in more danger as Pak is suffering more because of this War against Terror .

Go to top