Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_notinuse_ thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
random, but with all the consipiracy theories out there thought i'd post this:

http://perezhilton.com/2011-05-04-the-janitor-predicts-osama-bin-ladens-hiding-place-in-2007-episode-of-scrubs#respond
_notinuse_ thumbnail
another interesting article:

UCLA students came close to finding bin Laden

By Valerie Strauss

Five students at the University of California at Los Angeles and two geography professors actually came close to figuring out where Osama bin Laden was hiding more than two years before he was killed by U.S. special forces.

How did they do it? According to the university's website, students taking a class called "Rmote Sensing in the Environment" used remote sensing data, high-resolution satellite imagery and an analysis of life characteristics to figure out where he was most likely to be hiding.

Professors Thomas Gillespie and John Agnes developed a probability model that pointed to to a Pakistani city 230 miles from Abbottabad, the place where bin Laden was actually located on Sunday. The model nevertheless predicted that "there was an 88.6 percent chance that Bin Laden would be found in the area where Abbottabad is located," the website said.

Their thinking, published in a paper on Feb. 17, 2009, in MIT International Review, included the notion that the 6-foot-4 Bin Laden was not hiding in a mountain cave, as popular lore indicated, but rather in a tall building protected by high walls in or near a large town.

Gillespie said, according to the website, that when he saw photos of bin Laden's hideout after the U.S. raid, he checked points that had been made in the paper and discovered that the researchers had been mostly on target.

The students and professors started their analysis in 2007, and all of the students have moved on, but Gillespie has heard from some of them since Sunday.

He said that he would rather be remembered for "planting a whole bunch of trees in Hawaii to get them off the federal endangered species list," the UCLA website said.

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: anu-pre4eva

ofcourse american lovers and pakistani haters cannot stand  america being criticized. 

now dont say "we're not haters" as one member once mentioned "your comments speak for what you think" 

Show me one comment of mine that is hateful toward Pakistan? Show me one comment of mine that is blindly loyal to America?

Then I urge you to go through my history in DM and see how I have criticized America in past arguments related to Iraq, immigration laws etc.

Please don't simply make such overreaching statements that have no basis. There is a HUGE difference between disagreement and hate. This is where half the world's problems are, disagreement is misunderstood to be hate.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

pakistani citizens/media will not question them as long they blame it on another country

Not just Pakistan, thats how the world works. If you find a scapegoat, then no one cares whose fault it really is.

u say this as if u live in pakistan or have been to pakistan? their citizens and media is always critisizing questioning them. There are more news channel then "CNN" . 

A few tip when you make fun of Americans

You ask "What can you Pakistan from your house"

You ask "Where did you get that from faux news network?"

some points are so pathetic here. funny how everytime we bring good points they are ignored *ahem*ahem (kashmir/ gaza issue)

Kashmir & Gaza are separate issues on their own merit. I have kept reiterating situations are unique and you have to to take them in context. Let me repost my questions from just a couple pages ago. You have repeated several times that you hate the Pak government and terrorists. BUT what are you going to do about it and how:

Here are some logical facts I am sure most reasonable people will agree with

- Terrorism is wrong and must curbed.
- We need to try our best to find and curtail all terrorists
- Osama Bin Laden was found and killed in an expensive high security mansion in Pakistan very close to a Pakistani military outfit, and was living there for years
- This means the government and military is either involved or utterly incompetent.
- Considering most of his couriers and aides were in the region his network is built in the region
- There need to be operations in the region to find and bust all people in Osama Bin Laden's as well as other terrorist network
- If we don't do something substantial the next generation of Osama supporters will recruit innocents and target innocents
- There is serious doubts in the Pakistan administrations capacity to conduct this

Now since American troops and allies are a problem to you, I'm curious to hear what you would propose as a solution. Hopefully you can provide some pragmatic solutions for the following questions

- How do we address the issues in the Pakistani administration and root out the wrong people causing damage to their own country?
- How do we find the people who have been supporting Osama and his network in Pakistan and bring them to justice
- How do we bust the networks that have been established in the region?
- How do we prevent extremists from harboring terror in the region?
- How can we get an involved or incompetent government clearly lacking the resources to accomplish these tasks accomplish it?
- How do we try and ensure that not just the world, but innocent Pakistani civilians are also secure from terrorists and extremist recruiters in the future?

These are questions the world is asking and I am eager to know the solution the sovereign people of Pakistan would propose.
ts9787 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I have only one thing left to say, as every other thing people have said has fallen to a uninterested ear.  To those who say you don't want the United State's help, what about the 20 billion dollars that the US has give to Pakistan over the last 10 years and the 3-5 billion more coming in the next two years?  This is billions of dollars, not just millions but billions!!  Obviously Pakistan's government, military, and its intelligence have openly accepted this aid, so the US has actually been helping them for a long long time.  Now, not being able to use that money to be able to catch the World's Most Wanted Person, who was staying within a mile of a Military Academy, tells the world that either someone on the inside was involved or their system is incompetent.
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Show me one comment of mine that is hateful toward Pakistan? Show me one comment of mine that is blindly loyal to America?

Then I urge you to go through my history in DM and see how I have criticized America in past arguments related to Iraq, immigration laws etc.

Please don't simply make such overreaching statements that have no basis. There is a HUGE difference between disagreement and hate. This is where half the world's problems are, disagreement is misunderstood to be hate.

I think she was talking about me...
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

ofcourse american lovers and pakistani haters cannot stand  america being criticized. 

now dont say "we're not haters" as one member once mentioned "your comments speak for what you think" 

You and I are both saying that the Pakistani Govt is no good...then why are u saying that I hate Pakistan...I never blamed Pakistani people for supporting the terrorist...like I said that they are as much the victims of terrorism as anyone else...anywhere else in the world...my problem is that Pakistani citizens knowing that their army/Govt is no good...but still defend them...bring up these kinds of articles and blame other Govts instead of looking at their own for a change...u talk about the Americans...America is a democracy...one wrong move from the govt...and the americans will eat their President alive...do u know how much flak Bush received for the Iraq war from the Americans...did u hear what happened in India against corruption recently...good citizens don't try to defend their own govts when they do wrong but ask questions...like what happened in Eygpt and is now happeneing in Libiya...Pakistani govt has it too easy...why would they change...they are dishing out lies after lies and the Pakistani people are lapping it up and happily blaming America...
If after reading this u still think I have anything against Pakistani people other than them not standing up for them selves then so be it...

...and vice versa. You seem to be doing the same, you know? Inspired by you - of course American haters and Pakistani lovers cannot stand Pakistan being criticized. Last time I checked...you don't own Pakistan, so quit acting like it. If others deem it right in criticizing it, then they will. To me it seems as if you feel that only you and a few others can criticize Pakistan. If anyone else does it (say, American "lovers"), then they're generalized as "haters." ðŸ¤ª
Edited by indn inn0cence - 12 years ago
MagixX thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Ok, I don't get this human rights issue. If there was a threat to the Navy SEALs, they were right in killing him.
As an Indian, I do understand how much these bloody trials can cost, especially when concerning terrorists such as Osama.
What did we get when we captured 3 militants & locked them up? 
Ans: 1999 plane hijack.
& after being released, what did Ahmed Omar Saeed Sheikh go on to do? Murdered more people and played a significant role in 9/11.
That doesn't sound good to me.
And I don't know for what are we still keeping Kasab!?
Btw, do these human right activists in Europe even know what are they talking about?!? Did Osama ever think about human rights when he went killing innocent people all over the world? What were they doing then? Hatching eggs?!? Retards!
And, Osama & human rights sounds like one of the biggest ironies ever! Even Stephanie Meyer can make up an irony story on it and make it one of the best stories ever written! Lol.
Edited by .Doe. - 12 years ago
MagixX thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: indn inn0cence

...and vice versa. You seem to be doing the same, you know? Inspired by you - of course American haters and Pakistani lovers cannot stand Pakistan being criticized. Last time I checked...you don't own Pakistan, so quit acting like it. If others deem it right in criticizing it, then they will. To me it seems as if you feel that only you and a few others can criticize Pakistan. If anyone else does it (say, American "lovers"), then they're generalized as "haters." ðŸ¤ª

Lol. The double standards here are baffling! 🤪 Even Osama must be laughing in hell. 😆
Edited by .Doe. - 12 years ago