Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: anu-pre4eva

@ return_to_hades: I do not support terrorism and I curse the people who have made innocent children and given them wrong information about Islam and making them kill in names of religion. I don't like the Al Qaida and i Dont like the TAliban. But what I fail to understand is IF pakistan did support Osama then they would have helped him escape. I mean they helped US andd now they are in trouble. Al Qaida threatened pakistan. And pakistanis arent stupid that they wouldnt know helicopters in the sky  and foreigners landing in their country you know what i mean right?
I would support America if their intentions were right. I am sorry but their intentions arent right. I dont wanna bring Iraq in but they tried to "help" iraq and ended up destroying them.

Pakistan's government is corrupt and  USA cannot help them. I think power lies within the people of the nation and history has proved that! they need to stand up. And I pray to all the pakistanis in pakistan that please stand up for your own country. I don't trust the american government neither do i trust pakistan's government

Even the CIA and Leon Panetta have not pointed their fingers at Pakistan - the fact is either they are involved or incompetent. That is why Leon Panetta completely excluded Pakistan from the whole operations. The Pakistan government was 100% clueless of what was going on. They had no opportunity to tip Osama at all, and no legitimate institution would help him in open firing.

Every nation is selfish and has its priorities
1) Securing itself and its people
2) Ensuring natural resource markets
3) Ensuring resale markets
4) Consolidating power

That is why you cannot simply say intentions are right or wrong, but you have to take the context of the situation. I fail to see why USA is now wrong in its stance on Pakistan.

WWI & II, USA had actually no business fighting. It was profiteering from war. Yet in the full context it was a just cause.

After that Cuba, Vietnam, Afghanistan were all BS wars on account of the Red scare with Russia.

The Gulf war was fought because we wanted to secure oil reserves, but the cause was just as a sovereign nation was attacked.

The Iraq occupation is the biggest piece of BS in history I have ever heard of.

However, today the Navy Seal Op and further ops in Pakistan have just cause given relevance of the situation.

I am able to call BS to my countries policies when they are wrong and stand by it when its right. Have you tried weighing all options and seeing when the causes are reasonably justifiable? America maybe selfish (like every nation) , but try not to write off all their selfish actions as unjust. Depending on the situation, their actions maybe what the world needs. Take it in context.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

How did you not know Osama was in Pakistan for the last 6 years? WHy all of a sudden *when elections are near *Cough*cough* USA decides to track down Osama bin laden? Oh wait. now you will say they needed a plan and bla bla and it doesnt take 2 seconds and yeah,

So when you can believe Obama on everything else why can't you believe it when he says "It wouldnt have been possible without the help of pakistan" ???

These questions are illogical and don't warrant for an answer, but I will try to clear the doubts.

When Obama ran for President his foreign policy debates were as such
1) Withdraw from Iraq
2) Focus on Afghanistan
2) Force entry to Pakistan if absolutely necessary

If you watched their campiagns Clinton, Biden and Obama thought too little effort was being put on the Pak/Afghan border area. Through his term he has done exactly what he campaigned on in foreign policy.

Moreover the tips were first found in 2007, it took them time to connect the dots. Then they had to carefully plan and execute without Pak intel knowing.

There is nothing in the pattern of events that suggest opportunism. Despite that American people and media are rough. They will skewer Obama over the timing, the planning, the processing, the decisions especially about the photos and the burial, they will skewer him and question him from every direction to ensure there was no opportunism or inconsistency.

Finally, Obama never gave one ounce of credit of the Navy Seal Mission to Pakistan, in fact Leon Panetta literally trashed Pak intel in the white house briefing. What Obama did credit Pakistan for was that USA was able to establish base in Pakistan and develop intel there with the help of Pak. There is absolutely nothing hypocritical in that to not trust it.

However, what I want to honestly ask is why are you spending so much time questioning Obama and his timing or America's intention. If Osama Bin Laden had been found 30 minutes from Weste Pointe I would have been fuming and picketing at the capitol in protest for the gross incompetency, not questioning those who found him. I'd think people of Pakistan would direct at least 90% of rage towards their own government for
1) Having Osama there for 6 years living a lavish life in a high security facility
2) Not being able to explain where billions of dollars of US aid have gone to

Why the nation is trying to blame it back on USA baffles me. 😕Take some inspiration from the people of Libya and Egypt - fight the power, don't shift the blame.

monar thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
the title of topic is quite hilarious in some sense.. OBL killed Part 2.. Part 1 controversies are still intact, and people are even more skeptical after Obama's no to any release of OBL's Photos 🤔

I don't have any thing left to discuss, besides I know people hv real short memory.. what I hated the most was mourning over his death .. and giving his a stature of a martyr.. when will ppl understand killing innocents is no heroism
🤔
monar thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: TaAnu

They are saying pictures are "gruesome"

haven't the world seen "gruesome" attacks, wars before? the topic is about Osama so i wont bring other topics here (other gruesome attacks) but we have seen bomb blasts where pics of kids crying beside their mothers body (full of blood), people lying on the ground without arms, without legs without necks.. havent we seen enough "gruesome" y not 1 more "gruesome" pic?

No matter what I believe or sticking to, the answer to your question is ..looking at "other gruesome" pics people cry and mourn, on the contrary looking @ this pic there are chances of people "blasting" themselves to create more "gruesome" scenes around the world.. which none of us want
Food for thought:

http://www.pkaffairs.com/Play_Show_Aaj_Kamran_Khan_Kay_Saath_4th_May_2011_14533

Hats off, for this is coming from none other than a Pakistani himself...
Edited by cricketfan1 - 12 years ago
Marauders thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
whatever that video is about that man doesnt represent all pakistanis. i dont have 37 mins to watch a video lol.

and for everyone that supports USA's "help" in pakistan, well your point of view isnt gonna change and neither is mine. i can bring a gazillion examples but no one''s views will change. Let's keep it simple. We don't want the "help" of USA in pakistan. I don't have the patience to hear Americans say in the next couple of years how " our soldiers are dying in your country we are helping you bla bla" No country helps other countries just for the sake of humanity. USA only worries about its own security and let's face it... USA "helping" pakistan? LOL no. sure some of you might think USA isnt on war with islam but evidence proves otherwise.

Where is their help when Gaza needs it? Why do they support Israel? Where is the humanity ? Why the killings still going in ? 🥱

and those of u that think pakistan helped osama then once again i cannot change ur views.  if pakistan does something good then people have a problem if it does soemthing bad ppl have a problem. kuch nahi kar sakte.

oh and being a jammu kashmiri ( from my mother's side whose own family has been affected by the genocide of kashmiries), the kashmiris could also use some help from the United States  :)
what the indian army does to them is inhumane.

U.S can help pakistan AFTER they help Jammu Kashmir and Gaza strip.
Edited by anu-pre4eva - 12 years ago
Alu- thumbnail
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

I think you did not read each and every one of my points in that post, and if you did you probably did not read with a clear consciousness, and open mind with a will to foster cooperation and understanding. For if you did, you would have not asked the question.

No one, no one in their right mind wants the loss of innocent life. Unfortunately, sometimes life gives us a terrible choice between a few innocent lives lost now or countless others in the long run. I hope that someday you are able to understand and appreciate the difficult human choices that have to be made for the sake of humanity and not try to look at it from just the perspective of one nation, one religion or whatever one subset that is. 

I read everything you read and agreed with some of the stuff!
But this point Was something I could not take as a Pakistani National having more troops in the country Umm no Way!

For the Sake of humanity??
I don't think they do it for the sake of humanity all i see is the innocent ones die and continue to die i don't think countless others will be saved in long run!

All i know is you have a totally different perspective and as me being a one who has seen people suffer you may not understand
Alu- thumbnail

whatever that video is about that man doesnt represent all pakistanis. i dont have 37 mins to watch a video lol.

and for everyone that supports USA's "help" in pakistan, well your point of view isnt gonna change and neither is mine. i can bring a gazillion examples but no one''s views will change. Let's keep it simple. We don't want the "help" of USA in pakistan. I don't have the patience to hear Americans say in the next couple of years how " our soldiers are dying in your country we are helping you bla bla" No country helps other countries just for the sake of humanity. USA only worries about its own security and let's face it... USA "helping" pakistan? LOL no. sure some of you might think USA isnt on war with islam but evidence proves otherwise.

Where is their help when Gaza needs it? Why do they support Israel? Where is the humanity ? Why the killings still going in ? 🥱

and those of u that think pakistan helped osama then once again i cannot change ur views.  if pakistan does something good then people have a problem if it does soemthing bad ppl have a problem. kuch nahi kar sakte.

oh and being a jammu kashmiri ( from my mother's side whose own family has been affected by the genocide of kashmiries), the kashmiris could also use some help from the United States  :)
what the indian army does to them is inhumane.

U.S can help pakistan AFTER they help Jammu Kashmir and Gaza strip.

Exactly we do not want the USA help oh like the USA will be like can we help you they will just come😆
Anyways we don't need there help because they don't do much but will probably end up ruining things more!
They only help(So not) those who are important or from who they  get something!

PS: Don't think  i am talking about all those in USA i don't generalize 
Edited by Aliyaafridi - 12 years ago
Marauders thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
and aliya: I know right. where is their humanity when it comes to Gaza and Kashmir& why is everyone all of a sudden worried about pakistan? lol
damn thanks a lot osama... now we have to clean ur mess
Rapier thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
alright. for those who do not believe osama is actually dead, just take a moment and think about how ridiculous u sound. just think what would happen if al qaeda or osama himself (if he was alive) came out and declared he was alive. just imagine how the US government would look. it would look like a loser. that is all they need to do to make US look lame. why in the world would the US government take such a risk? just think!

and for those of you who are claiming that obama did this for votes for his reelection. again, a ridiculous theory. there is still 18 months before the 2012 elections!!! 18 MONTHS! a whole year and a half. anything could happen in these months. anything! if i was obama and if i needed to state a world's criminal dead (even if he wasn't dead) in order increase my chances of reelection, i would do it in like october of 2012, which is right before the election! that would make more sense to me, i dunno about u. stating this in october or something will give less time for anyone to prove me wrong and hence the people will believe me and vote for me. but stating this in may 2011, gives people and osama (if he was alive) to prove me wrong and make me look like an idiot. get it? so stop with the ridiculous theory that obama did it for reelection.
Edited by Rapier - 12 years ago