Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Marauders thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: Aliyaafridi

@ 3: So that those military troops can kill more and more innocent people :/

😆 that's exactly what U.S wants. i hope Pakistan builds an even stronger military (eff the government i hate it ) and does what's best for the country. and get the Americans outta there. As a pakistani i do not want them there and i am sure most pakistanis do not want them in their country as well. We don't want your soldiers dying in our country and then we will have to hear "how many innocent soldiers died fighting for us n all that) spare their lives 😃 but i do agree  said pakistan needs to speak up against their disgusting corrupt government!

P.S: befoore yall start attacking me: I do not support Osama. i do not see him as a hero or as a leader. whatever he did, he gave pakistanis and muslims  bad name!
Edited by anu-pre4eva - 12 years ago
_notinuse_ thumbnail

Obama Confirms Bin Laden Photos Will NOT Be Released

Filed under: Politik > Barack Obama

It's better this way, we think. We know we don't want to nor need to see them. The deed has been done - let's just leave it at that.

In an interview President Obama just shot with Steve Kroft for this Sunday's 60 Minutes, he confirmed that he won't be releasing post-mortem images of Osama bin Laden. According to Obama, there is no need to show the gruesome photos just to prove the man's death. He explains: Read the rest of this entry Read the rest of this entry Read the rest of this entry

"The risks of release outweigh the benefits. Conspiracy theorists around the world will just claim the photos are doctored anyway, and there is a real risk that releasing the photos will only serve to inflame public opinion in the Middle East. Imagine how the American people would react if Al Qaida killed one of our troops or military leaders, and put photos of the body on the internet. Osama bin Laden is not a trophy - he is dead and let's now focus on continuing the fight until Al Qaida has been eliminated."

Very sensible. We stand behind our leader on this decision.

But do U?

We hear these pictures are not for the faint of heart, but do U still feel like U need/want to see them? And, is it because U want proof or is it for some other reason?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

article I read today, FYI the pic floating around the net is not real because US government hasn't relased anything.

Edited by PandorasBox - 12 years ago
Marauders thumbnail
Osama bin Laden is not a trophy - he is dead and let's now focus on continuing the fight until Al Qaida has been eliminated."

LOL @ osama is not a trophy. any way  i hope they can soon eliminate the Al Qaida.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: anu-pre4eva

😆 that's exactly what U.S wants. i hope Pakistan builds an even stronger military (eff the government i hate it ) and does what's best for the country. and get the Americans outta there. As a pakistani i do not want them there and i am sure most pakistanis do not want them in their country as well. We don't want your soldiers dying in our country and then we will have to hear "how many innocent soldiers died fighting for us n all that) spare their lives 😃 but i do agree  said pakistan needs to speak up against their disgusting corrupt government!

P.S: befoore yall start attacking me: I do not support Osama. i do not see him as a hero or as a leader. whatever he did, he gave pakistanis and muslims  bad name!

I sympathize with the sentiments of Pakistanis. No sovereign nation can tolerate a foreign power on their soil, especially when the life of innocent people is at stake. However, I hope you can understand our predicament as Americans (and rest of the world). Pakistan was supposed to be our ally. Billions of dollars from our country were sent to Pakistan so your government can be strong and stable, that is billions of dollars that could have been our hard earned income. But the world's most wanted was found in a city close to your capital, not just anywhere close but right next to a military base. He was there for six whole years and your government knew nothing. I hope you can understand how and why this trust is permanently shattered and will take a long time to rebuild.

Take a moment of pause and think for your own people.  Can you imagine in those six years how many poor rural people and children he could have recruited to his cause? Can you imagine how many ordinary farmers and merchants struck with hard times have been brainwashed to be part of the terror network? Can you imagine that the billions of dollars that could have made your life better, your people and country better could have gone to become a part of this terrorism? Are you truly confident that the good people in your government, the good people of your country have the strength, the power, the determination to take on those who are evil on your own and prevail? The good people of Tunisia, Egypt, Libya, could not have broken the shackles of their corrupt regimes if not for western powers providing some assurance that they would stand by the innocent if needed. The United States and other nations are not against Pakistan or Islam. The only thing we are against is terrorism and its consequences. You have to realize that we do have more resources at our disposal than you. Perhaps if you would consider as allies and not the enemies we could actually help you.

Lets not forget the fight against terrorism has to go on. Whether its fought by Americans or by the good Pakistanis, the sad heartbreaking truth is there will be loss of innocent life.

Edited by return_to_hades - 12 years ago

P.S: befoore yall start attacking me: I do not support Osama. i do not see him as a hero or as a leader. whatever he did, he gave pakistanis and muslims a bad name!

I am glad you are able to laugh about such a serious matter...

And about Pakistan's 'even stronger military'...the less said the better...Isn't SOB caught right in their backyard???

And if the US army wasn't there, wonder when or if SOB would ever be caught...

Yes the citizens need to speak up and question the humiliation they are being subjected to...Not just the government but their military too let them down..(I thought military and the government are supposed to be hand in gloves in the country's administration...Its shocking to know that in Pakistan's case its apparently not true...)
Marauders thumbnail
@ return_to_hades: I do not support terrorism and I curse the people who have made innocent children and given them wrong information about Islam and making them kill in names of religion. I don't like the Al Qaida and i Dont like the TAliban. But what I fail to understand is IF pakistan did support Osama then they would have helped him escape. I mean they helped US andd now they are in trouble. Al Qaida threatened pakistan. And pakistanis arent stupid that they wouldnt know helicopters in the sky  and foreigners landing in their country you know what i mean right?
I would support America if their intentions were right. I am sorry but their intentions arent right. I dont wanna bring Iraq in but they tried to "help" iraq and ended up destroying them.

Pakistan's government is corrupt and  USA cannot help them. I think power lies within the people of the nation and history has proved that! they need to stand up. And I pray to all the pakistanis in pakistan that please stand up for your own country. I don't trust the american government neither do i trust pakistan's government
Marauders thumbnail
@cricketfan: pakistan's military is the only thing keeping pakistan from getting invaded.
and  nice to know that u r glad to see me laugh

@cricketfan: pakistan's military is the only thing keeping pakistan from getting invaded.
and  nice to know that u r glad to see me laugh

How did they not know that Osama was right under their nose??The military who is supposed to take care of the national security, is today standing witness to all the humiliation and not saying anything???Please, if this is not a matter to worry about, I don't know what is...I truly feel bad for the common man in the Pakistan who is innocent and clueless and who wants to live a peaceful  life as anybody else in the rest of the world...
Marauders thumbnail
How did you not know Osama was in Pakistan for the last 6 years? WHy all of a sudden *when elections are near *Cough*cough* USA decides to track down Osama bin laden? Oh wait. now you will say they needed a plan and bla bla and it doesnt take 2 seconds and yeah,

So when you can believe Obama on everything else why can't you believe it when he says "It wouldnt have been possible without the help of pakistan" ???
What I say is immaterial, though I don't remember mentioning anything about  the help of the Pakistanis let alone denying it...But what the Pakistanis think and endure because of this whole matter is very important...It is ultimately them who are going to face the consequences...If you are a Pakistani, and if you are not puzzled about SOB's presence in your military base and in fact finding solace in the fact that that Pakistan 'helped' the US Army in the mission, then good for you...However, this is not a matter of one up man game...This is the time for some hard hitting questions...I understand the need to defend ones own country, but not at the cost of being blinded by its faults...