India-Forums

Saath Nibhaana Saathiya
Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

Mein ab nahi roungi... (Page 2)

malinn Goldie
malinn
malinn

Posted: 03 May 2011 at 9:23pm | IP Logged
God forgive me... For when I reply to this post... People shall dislike me...

I love the sentiments stated on this thread... Sugar and spice and evrything nice...I always wish that I had been created thus... Alas, I am the ultimate cynic and critic...

Gandhiji had stated something about Zulm karna and Zulm sehna... Both being paap... And I always thougt Marriage was principally between the man and woman...

You are making all these points simply because you have the supreme knowledge that this serial ia about Ahem and Gopi's love story... You are justifying the means because you know the end...

There are so many words in our culture beginning with SWA meaning self... eg. Swamaan, Swabhimaan... How can strength come from constant insults and rejection, defeats me...

I apologise to all those who I am contradicting... But, how a whiny and constantly crying Gopi, appears strong to you... Is beyong my understanding... I m no feminist... And am a complete believer of the Indian culture and beliefs... However, this whole premise smacks of abuse to me... Abuse of wealth/power/relationship- by Koki - to get a gareeb and unpadh and totally unfit girl ... Abuse of power/relationship by Urmila and Rashi towards Gopi... Abuse of relationships- by Kinjal/Rashi... Toward their spouses...

Gopi in this serial is like a lab-rat specimen...

Women must be seen but not heard... Covering the heads to show respect and obedience...women are     just a
vessel and means for propagating the human race...Women must bear all kinds of
unhappiness and insults and accusations, to be the ideal bahu...having no value... There is a Gujarati saying... Dikri ne Gaai... Dore tyaan jaye ... Which means that a daughter and a cow are both similar, in that they will go wherever they are led by the rope around their neck... Without complaining and without a word...

We need to understand that such thoughts were perfectly fine in the olden days... But with time, and education... These thinkings must change... This kind of thinking led to abuse of women by their in-laws and also led to female infanticide...

A human must always respect the dignity of another human... It separates us from animals... Rejoicing in Gopi's pitiable condition and her take-all abuse silently attitude as strength... Is a regressive kind of thinking...

Today the Modi's are with her... Eventually, if Ahem is adamant... They will give some money and kick her out... Kokila will need a waaris... Ahem is a man with normal basic needs... He will ultimately have a girlfriend/keep on the side... In real life... A situation like Gopi is terrible... Any male relative who knows the truth eg. Parag or any cousin/ uncle/ driver/neighbour etc... Will try to make advances on Gopi and take advantage of her...support from family members cannot ever make up or account for a marriage...

If you ask me... Gopi woud have been happy if she had gotten married to a doodhwala or bhaajiwala or a guy like Dhawal...

Here she is only a bechaari unpadh toward whom all the Modi's grant sad and sorry and encouraging smiles (like the ones a person gives a handicap trying valiantly to be self reliant)...ultimately they also want someone like Rashi... Koki's mother also chose Rashi over Gopi... We all know that Rashi's marriage is no better than Gopi's... Man-woman relationship does not exist... Gopi did so much sewa and bhajan and aarti and maaji-maaji... But in the end, even Koki's mother sided Rashi... At some point everyone will leave Gopi...

Dayaa nu paatra... Pitiable figures don't fare well in life... That's my humble opinion... Gopi's weakness is her weakness... Can't glorify it for strength...

Edited by malinn - 03 May 2011 at 9:56pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

br2499angelirebelliShellJA

ShellJA IF-Rockerz
ShellJA
ShellJA

Posted: 03 May 2011 at 10:08pm | IP Logged
Hi Sonal,

It's close to midnight and I need to go to bed.  Will read your entire post in the morning properly and try to reply again.  Your opinion is always wonderful and your knowledge of the culture excellent. 

I don't think anyone is saying , at least I hope they are not, that it is right the way the Modis and Mami's families have treated her or that it is right  to always take the abuse.  What I was trying to say is that sometimes these types of women have their own brand of quiet strength and when the issue is the one that pushes their buttons they will fight back. 

For example when Koki wanted to abort the non-existent baby Gopi spoke up and said that she felt it was wrong. 

In the romantic, happily ever after world I don't want Gopi to change.  I want Aham to fall for her the way she is and if she wants an education or to change herself then it should be her choice.

But in the real world no one should have to put up with what Gopi has to so far.  If I met her my advice to her would be to leave the Modi house as soon as possible.  She needs to find a good divorce lawyer who will negotiate an excellent settlement for her so that she never has to go back to the Shah household and can live independently,  peacefully and do whatever she wants with her life.  Maybe
 hire someone to slap aorund Aham for her.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

malinnbr2499taral83

malinn Goldie
malinn
malinn

Posted: 03 May 2011 at 10:23pm | IP Logged
Hey Shelly,

i love your views and also the views of all those who wrote on this thread including taral... It simply shows that you guys are romantics and sweet people wanting the world to be like that...Gopi is a lovable character in the way that they have depicted...

But it is my duty as the cynic to argue... And debate... And present a worldly view...
ANJ4 IF-Sizzlerz
ANJ4
ANJ4

Posted: 03 May 2011 at 11:28pm | IP Logged
Hey That is when they snap and commit sucide...and then you wonder why ??????   why did she not come and talk to me about it...  I would have listened...  Why??  Why??    I have been thru this with someone I really love since I was a little girl. Now she is gone and finding  out what a ass her husband was ... what she went thru and never said a bad word about her husband. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

malinnavivakirk

malinn Goldie
malinn
malinn

Posted: 04 May 2011 at 4:36am | IP Logged
That's a very terrible thing to happen to someone so close anj4...

But yes, chup rehkar sab sehen karna... Is not a sign of strength ...
taral83 IF-Dazzler
taral83
taral83

Posted: 04 May 2011 at 7:14am | IP Logged
I think this topic is misunderstood here. I am not saying that one should stay quite and take abuse. But the circumstances Gopi is in, she has many to support her. Yes, if you have a horrible MIL, a abusive husband and a monster of a FIL you should by all means fight back with a punch, get divorced, and let them pay for ever tear they gave you. But that is not the case here. What doesn't Gopi have besides Ahem's love? Her Devar adores her, her Kaki saas love her like a mother, her FIL treats her like gold, Dadi loves her to pieces, and her MIL couldn't be more proud of her. So all I was saying is that you shouldn't leave the battleground and quit. And Gopi isn't, but she is fighting in another way, by silence and giving love regardless if she gets it in return. Eventually that will add up and she will win. That works in real life too if you think about it. IF someone is mad at you and if you just continue to nag or argue with them what will happen? they will just get more mad. But if you try to talk to them, respect them and give them love, they will not be able to fight back and give that respect back. Forgiving and Forgetting is also a very big part in the Gita and also Gandhji didn't believe in fighting but sorting problems out.

Edited by taral83 - 04 May 2011 at 7:19am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

malinn-tellyaddict-

aashima326 Senior Member
aashima326
aashima326

Posted: 04 May 2011 at 9:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by taral83

I think this topic is misunderstood here. I am not saying that one should stay quite and take abuse. But the circumstances Gopi is in, she has many to support her. Yes, if you have a horrible MIL, a abusive husband and a monster of a FIL you should by all means fight back with a punch, get divorced, and let them pay for ever tear they gave you. But that is not the case here. What doesn't Gopi have besides Ahem's love? Her Devar adores her, her Kaki saas love her like a mother, her FIL treats her like gold, Dadi loves her to pieces, and her MIL couldn't be more proud of her. So all I was saying is that you shouldn't leave the battleground and quit. And Gopi isn't, but she is fighting in another way, by silence and giving love regardless if she gets it in return. Eventually that will add up and she will win. That works in real life too if you think about it. IF someone is mad at you and if you just continue to nag or argue with them what will happen? they will just get more mad. But if you try to talk to them, respect them and give them love, they will not be able to fight back and give that respect back. Forgiving and Forgetting is also a very big part in the Gita and also Gandhji didn't believe in fighting but sorting problems out.

Ya i m wid u u r right and aham is also not abusive kinds he is just frustetd wid gopi bcoz of rashi's kalkari which he thinks gopi done. Waise truly saying i did't belive in gandhiji but ya i belive if someone shouts at u then jitna aap tolerate kar skao utna karna chaiye if u knws that person is not bad from his/her heart. And i must say that aham is not bad from heart. he is just to arrogant to accept that he adores his wife and aham ki jagah koi bhi hoga toh uska behaviour aisa ho jayega jaisi kalakari unke ghar mein hoti rehti hai use dekh ke. and love need time to progress if it's true.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

malinn

Go to top