Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago

There are certain expectations that audience as well as the industry has from Kabir Khan. After all he is the man who has made two hard hitting films like 'New York' and 'Kabul Express' in the past. Now that he is teaming up with Salman for the first time and Katrina for the second time, one wonders whether the filmmaker was conscious about taking 'Ek Tha Tiger' notches higher above 'New York' during the writing stages itself.

"Honestly speaking I wasn't carrying that baggage. I never thought that I had to write something that was bigger or better than 'New York'", he says candidly, "The characters did what they were expected to do in the story. There is this ongoing trend to make a sequel in order to take forward the hit formula. However I never had any intention to do that with 'New York' because as far as I am concerned, the story of 'New York' is over."

A sequel to 'New York'? Now that wouldn't have been a bad idea after all. Didn't Kabir ever explore the thought even one bit?

"No," comes a firm response from Kabir, "There are some films that lend themselves to a sequel. On the other hand there are others that cannot be turned into one. Yes, 'New York' was a big hit and it wouldn't have been an impossible thought to think of developing a sequel. However the film had met a natural end so there was no scope left whatsoever to take it any further."

With his entire concentration on 'Ek Tha Tiger', Kabir begins filming in July.

wat_up thumbnail

Aditya Chopra is hands-on with Kabir for Salman's Ek Tha Tiger 

By Joginder Tuteja, June 2, 2011 - 10:59 IST

Aditya Chopra is going all out to ensure that Ek Tha Tiger starts off on the right note and turns out to be one of the most awaited films of 2012 when it gets ready for release. The story goes that he was working in close coordination with director Kabir Khan and his writer Neelesh Misra when the film was being put on paper. Since this is the first time that Salman is working for the Chopra banner, Adi is going an extra mile to make it a special film.

"Well, this proves two things. One, that Adi indeed exists. After all with nil public appearance in so many years, there are bound to be doubts", chuckles a fellow filmmaker, "Secondly, it also shows that Chopras are very serious and conscious about the fact that with their first time coming together with Salman, the film is indeed once in many years phenomenon. Everything has to be just picture perfect for Ek Tha Tiger since this is one of their most ambitious projects till date."

This means that there was special attention from everyone in the production house when Ek Tha Tiger was being devised. So while Kabir Khan went on to spend close to a year and a half in developing this project which is his third film for Chopras after New York and Kabul Express, Adi and Co. were also keeping a constant tab on how the film was progressing.

"Chopras are currently the busiest people in the B-town. They have a project each with Aamir (Dhoom 3) . In addition they are also making Ladies v/s Ricky Bahl with their now-favourite 'jodi' of Anushka Sharma and Ranveer Singh. Not to forget 3-4 other small films that they are making under Y-Films", says a source.

"While Dhoom 3 is bound to work , Ek Tha Tiger with Salman needs added attention due to an entirely new combination. There is no stone which is being left unturned. Also, since the film has an international set up and would be travelling various countries across the globe, there are various logistics related requirements to be taken care of. Salman is currently busier than before which means his dates too come at a premium. There is no room for error. A lot is at stake with this film", he adds.

On contacted, Kabir doesn't deny Adi's involvement in the project. However he adds that he is not just Mr. Moneybag on his films and is in fact creatively attached to every film of his regardless of the star or the director.

"At Yash Raj Films, Adi is more than just someone who is backing your project. He is involved right from the time when he finalises a subject to the time when the final draft of the script is ready. He isn't making an exception with Ek Tha Tiger; I experienced this in New York and Kabul Express as well", says Kabir who would be beginning the film's shoot this July, "I would love to see more such interactions with him. He is a great sounding board to have."

Add Salman to the entire creative process and we have three geniuses working together to tell the story of one tiger. Way to go!

Edited by wat_up - 12 years ago
Katalicious thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Yash Raj comes first

Salman Khan gives priority to Ek Tha Tiger and Sher Khan over Sajid Nadiadwala's Kick

Now that Salman Khan has managed to sort out his long stranded relationship with Yash Raj Films, the actor is giving priority to only their projects as of now. Salman starrer Kick, which was supposed to go on floors in November this year has been postponed yet again, and sources say it is because Salman gave bulk dates to Yash Raj's Ek Tha Tiger.

Post Dabangg, the busy star is shooting for Bodyguard as of now. "Salman has given bulk dates for Ek Tha Tiger, which he starts shooting in July. After which he will work on Sher Khan leaving him with no time for Kick. Next year he will be busy with Dabangg 2," says a source.

Producer Nadiadwala and director Shirish Kunder had asserted that Kick would go on floors on November 18 but it doesn't seem feasible anymore. Another source claims, "Salman may have delayed Kick knowingly as he was upset when Sajid approached Shah Rukh Khan for 2 States. Funnily, even that film is on hold now!"

When contacted about the same, Shirish replied to our text saying, "About Kick, best you speak to Sajid Nadiadwala." So we asked Sajid who confirmed, "The film will go on floors in November 18 and Salman will be there.

The later schedules may get postponed by a couple of months but that's fine for such a huge film. My production team is currently on a recce in South Korea and Sajid-Wajid are working on the music."

But Salman's manager Vikas Kapoor agreed that Kick indeed has been postponed as of now. "Salman bhai will shoot for Ek Tha Tiger from July. After com pleting two schedules of the film he will start Sher Khan in October. Both films will be shot simultaneously," he said.

wat_up thumbnail
Originally posted by: KatForeva

Yash Raj comes first

Salman Khan gives priority to Ek Tha Tiger and Sher Khan over Sajid Nadiadwala's Kick

Now that Salman Khan has managed to sort out his long stranded relationship with Yash Raj Films, the actor is giving priority to only their projects as of now. Salman starrer Kick, which was supposed to go on floors in November this year has been postponed yet again, and sources say it is because Salman gave bulk dates to Yash Raj's Ek Tha Tiger.

Post Dabangg, the busy star is shooting for Bodyguard as of now. "Salman has given bulk dates for Ek Tha Tiger, which he starts shooting in July. After which he will work on Sher Khan leaving him with no time for Kick. Next year he will be busy with Dabangg 2," says a source.

Producer Nadiadwala and director Shirish Kunder had asserted that Kick would go on floors on November 18 but it doesn't seem feasible anymore. Another source claims, "Salman may have delayed Kick knowingly as he was upset when Sajid approached Shah Rukh Khan for 2 States. Funnily, even that film is on hold now!"

When contacted about the same, Shirish replied to our text saying, "About Kick, best you speak to Sajid Nadiadwala." So we asked Sajid who confirmed, "The film will go on floors in November 18 and Salman will be there.

The later schedules may get postponed by a couple of months but that's fine for such a huge film. My production team is currently on a recce in South Korea and Sajid-Wajid are working on the music."

But Salman's manager Vikas Kapoor agreed that Kick indeed has been postponed as of now. "Salman bhai will shoot for Ek Tha Tiger from July. After com pleting two schedules of the film he will start Sher Khan in October. Both films will be shot simultaneously," he said.

Great! It will give Salman time to spend with Katrina. SaL-KaT rock👏👏
wat_up thumbnail

The latest production starring Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif, Ek Tha Tiger, is all set to become the first Bollywood movie to be shot in Iraq.

The Iraqi government not only granted permission for shooting a major action sequence of the film in their country, but they made arrangements for the security of the crew. They've generously made provisions for the transportation of the crew by helicopter between locations.

The director of Ek Tha Tiger, Kabir Khan, flew to Iraq yesterday for a week-long expedition to scout possible locations for the film.

Salman Khan was reportedly thrilled about the opportunity and instantly agreed. He will have to spend a minimum of eight days in the country.

Do you think it's safe enough to let Bollywood stars in the country? Let us know!

By Naina Ramrakhani

wat_up thumbnail

Salman Khan-Sajid Khan face off

Kunal M ShahKunal M Shah, Mumbai Mirror | Jul 2, 2011, 11.15am IST
Email this article
Save this article
My Saved articles
Reduce font size
Increase font size
Share on Hotklix
Share on Messenger
Share on StumbleUpon
Share on Digg
Share on Reditt
Google Bookmarks Newsvine
Live Bookmarks Technorati
Yahoo Bookmarks Blogmarks
Del.icio.us ApnaCircle
Read more:Zareen Khan|Salman Khan|Sajid Khan|Katrina Kaif
Salman KhanMore Pics
Ek Tha Tiger 's release clashes with Housefull 2, likely to rock their relationship again

Salman Khan and Sajid Khan's friendship is about to be tested. And if their relationship can withstand the box office duel remains to be seen. YRF recently announced that its production, Ek Tha Tiger, starring Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif, is slated to release on June 1, 2012.

This happens to coincide with the release of Sajid Nadiadwala and Sajid Khan's Housefull 2. While Salman and Sajid Khan's friendship is still in safer territory, the same cannot be said for the actor and Sajid Nadiadwala, who have shared a strained relationship for some time.

The problems between Salman and Nadiadwala escalated when the actor demanded an additional Rs 5 crore from Nadiadwala to go ahead with Kick (Mumbai Mirror, April 8, 2011). Even though Nadiadwala and Salman have resolved their differences and the actor has confirmed that he will be a part of Kick (Mumbai Mirror, June 27), the latest turn of events is likely to stir up yet another storm.

A source told us, "Yash Raj Films, yesterday, announced that the Salman-Katrina starrer, Ek Tha Tiger, will be releasing on June 1. It will clash with Sajid Nadiadwala's multistarrer Housefull 2. Nadiadwala had already announced the release date some months ago.

Nadiadwala and Salman have been friends for years and although there have been various rumours about an alleged fight between them, the fact remains that they are both thick-as-thieves.

YRF seems to have played their cards well, with the strategic move to announce the release date as June 1, especially since Nadiadwala announced that Housefull 2 would release on the same date, during this year's world cup. They also ran promos and the media buzz about two best friends clashing at the BO will help the films."

Another source said, "Sajid is extremely confident about his film Housefull 2 and the film boasts a huge star cast, which includes Akshay, John, Riteish, Mithunda, Rishi Kapoor, Jacqueline, Shazahn and Salman's own close friends Asin and Zareen Khan. Salman is all set to start shooting for Nadiadwala's film Kick, in November.

The rumours about Nadiadwala and Salman having issues over Salman's remuneration has been spoken about extensively, but both of them have clarified that there is no truth to these rumours."

When contacted, Nadiadwala said, "We had already announced the release date, three months ago. As far as the clashes of both the films are concerned, both of them are different films and after the IPL, the release of two big films on the same date will be very much welcomed."
wat_up thumbnail

'Ek Tha Tiger' most commercial film of mine: Kabir Khan

By: PTI   Date:  2011-07-05   Place: New Delhi

After two realistic projects 'New York' and 'Kabul Express', Kabir Khan says he is all set to make his most commercial film with Yash Raj's 'Ek Tha Tiger', starring Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif. "'Ek Tha Tiger' is the most commercially accessible mainstream film of mine.

It is not just the starcast but also the story which is larger than life. The subject demands that the story telling is flamboyant here," Kabir told PTI. The film, which brings together Katrina and Salman, will see Kabir make an attempt to blend his art of portraying realistic stories on screen and the demands of a masala entertainer.

"There are two parts to making a film. One comes from what is inherent to you as a person and a director. That cannot change as there is certain craft which comes into play here. "On the other hand, there is a certain demand of a narrative. If you can blend the two together well, nothing better than that. My endeavour is to do that only. I want my aesthetics to be intact," said Kabir.

John Abraham starrer 'New York', inspired by the 9/11 attacks, was his last release. The director, who talked about the issue of terrorism in his film 'Kabul Express' as well, said he was not under the pressure of audience exportations while scripting 'Ek Tha Tiger'. "I wasn't carrying that baggage. I never thought that I had to write something that was bigger or better than 'New York'.

The characters did what they were expected to do in the story. "There is this ongoing trend to make a sequel in order to take forward the hit formula. However, I never had any intention to do that with 'New York' because as far as I am concerned, the story of 'New York' is over. The film had met a natural end so there was no scope left whatsoever to take it any further."

The director said he is taking to a different format of story-telling with 'Ek Tha Tiger', which will be a big change from that of 'Kabul Express' or 'New York'. "I intend to bring in some growth in terms of story telling. Now that's a big shift that you would see in 'Ek Tha Tiger'. While 'Kabul Express' and 'New York' had to be narrated in a certain style, they couldn't have been flamboyant or over stated. I think I can afford to do that in 'Ek Tha Tiger'." 'Ek Tha Tiger' kickstarts shooting this month and is aiming for Summer 2012 release.

wat_up thumbnail
Everybody seems to be greedy for Salman Khan's time nowadays. Aditya Chopra, we hear, can't wait for Salman to begin the shoot for the Yashraj Films' next Ek Tha Tiger.

The movie, to be directed by Kabir Khan, has Salman Khan pairing with Katrina Kaif. Obviously, a lot will be talked about their chemistry in the movie, but we hear that Salman has made a special exception for this film. What is that?

Salman was initially slated to start brother Sohail Khan's Sher Khan in September this year. However, producer Aditya Chopra requested Salman to commit himself only to Ek Tha Tiger during the time of the film's principal shoot.

Known to often juggle various projects at a time, Salman is learnt to have agreed to Aditya's request. Does his pairing with Katrina Kaif have to do anything with the decision is an open question.

However, the casualty of Khan's decision is his brother Sohail Khan's film Sher Khan which has now been postponed. But then, Sohail is Sallu's bhai. He will understand.
Shahrukh Khan rides Batman's bike