India-Forums

The Vampire Diaries
The Vampire Diaries

TVD - spoilers and promos #2 (Page 15)

anwaya IF-Sizzlerz
anwaya
anwaya

Posted: 12 May 2011 at 12:27am | IP Logged
ooohhh! m so exited for thursday! n Bonnie will do something to save Damon, i think she calls Emily for that. 

-Nayab- IF-Sizzlerz
-Nayab-
-Nayab-

Posted: 12 May 2011 at 10:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Pocahontas

Originally posted by -Nayab-

Poco... I copied your post to my Tumblr hope you don't mind LOL... I completely agree btw Tongue...

You are free to copy anything. It reassures me that am making some sense. Haha. LOL

Thanks Big smile...

Do you have a Tumblr btw?
JennyPenny IF-Addictz
JennyPenny
JennyPenny

Posted: 12 May 2011 at 10:52am | IP Logged

'The Vampire Diaries' finale photo preview: Will Elena forgive Damon?

With less than twelve hours until "The Vampire Diaries" Season 2 finale, we're already on the edge of our seats. We're not sure how they'll be able to top last week's scary/romantic/heartbreaking/action-packed episode, but we've learned to never underestimate this show.

As if we weren't excited enough already, we can now show you two exclusive, never-before-seen photos from the finale. To say Damon (Ian Somerhalder) is worse for wear is a bit of an understatement. He's fallen to his knees, appearing to be sweaty and weak, and it looks like Elena (Nina Dobrev) may be calling for help.

How do you think Damon and Elena's relationship with progress in tonight's finale? What are your theories as to how Damon could be saved from his deadly werewolf bite? Weigh in below in the comments section and let us know!

Edited by jenny1000 - 12 May 2011 at 10:53am
-Nayab- IF-Sizzlerz
-Nayab-
-Nayab-

Posted: 12 May 2011 at 10:54am | IP Logged

Kat Graham: A good decision can be just as powerful as a bad decision

May 12, 2011? Jarett Wieselman

Arguably Bonnie Bennett has taken the biggest emotional journey since the "Vampire Diaries" pilot episode. She hadn't discovered her witchy roots, she hadn't yet died and she hadn't found love. But at the same time, the woman who has become the most powerful person in all of Mystic Falls is still very much the same girl who would do anything for her loved ones.

A character trait that is endlessly admirable, but also very worrying given just how often Bonnie's friends need saving.

That doesn't change with tonight's season finale as Damon's life hangs in the balance after a potentially lethal werewolf bite. But Kat Graham cautions fans against assuming the episode will be all about the death. She not only hopes fans pay special attention to the choices everyone makes, but that they begin to move past categorizing them as good or bad.

PopWrap: First of all Kat, the last time we spoke you absolutely had me convinced Bonnie was dying.
Kat Graham: [laughs] Well, she did technically die. I wasn't lying to you. I just stretched the truth.

PW: OK, I'll give you that. For a script like that does Kevin Williamson or Julie Plec give you a heads up, like "ok, so you die on page 45, but come back to life on page 60?"
Kat: Well, Kevin and I are, like, part of the same tribe so he'll just tell me. He doesn't care and I love that about him. Kevin knows he can tell me anything and I'll be cool about it and keep it to myself because, that's Kevin Williamson, you know? I know about the deaths before they happen.

PW: OK, well, I know you don't drink, so what's the key to opening your secrets vault?
Kat: It's really all about the gays for me [laughs]. If you can meet me at The Abbey and just support my crews and my fabulous trannies, we can talk.

PW: Good to know. So I have to tell you, watching Bonnie come into the sacrifice circle like this bad ass wicca was pretty amazing given where she started out.
Kat: Totally. I feel like she's had such a big development this season, but it's come over time. We saw her weaknesses, which was important so people didn't suddenly view her with this tremendous power the second she came back from Gram's funeral. They really developed her.

PW: Same with Jeremy & Bonnie's relationship.
Kat: Yea, that was a slow boil too, which I thought that was really realistic. Now they have much more of a best friend stability, which I always think is way more romantic than just suddenly having the hots for someone. I think it's cooler to have love come from an organic place, more so than just wanting to hump each other.

PW: When I talked with Nina she said that "Jeremy's life is just completely turned around" in the finale. That makes me, once again, worried for Bonnie.
Kat: I agree with Nina. From what happened last week, I think the overall objective is to save Damon's life. Unfortunately as we discovered with the last episode, when you try to save a life, there can be consequences – like there was with me saving Elena's life and having to "die" for it. I don't feel like that's over or that there are any exceptions to the rule.

PW: So given the nose bleeding glimpsed in the finale preview, is it safe to say that Bonnie's magic plays a part in Damon's cure?
Kat: Um, I don't know if that's a right assumption – but I will say that if Bonnie is ever fighting for something, she's really, really fighting for it in the finale. It's a breaking point for all the characters.

PW: Damon & Bonnie have a very rocky history, but it seemed like they at least found common ground in the 60's episode, are they ok now?
Kat: I don't think Bonnie will ever forget what happened. I don't think that'll ever go away. She's a forgiving person, but I don't know if she could ever forgive him. I think Bonnie is one of the most realistic characters on the show, so she's not suddenly gonna be "Oooh, Damon, your eyes are so blue, I forgive you!" [laughs] Bonnie's a tough bitch, she's not gonna fall for that. But, at the same time, she is such a good person that she'll always do the right thing.

PW: What are you excited about fans seeing in tonight's finale?
Kat: I think people are convinced that the finale is going to be about "let's see who dies next!" and that's not really the right perspective to have when watching the finale. You should be more concerned with the decisions that will be made, the outcome of those decisions and how they're going to effect every single character. I think a good decision can be just as powerful as a bad decision, and both are more powerful than a death. The big death was Aunt Jenna and I think that's oversaturating the audience with a sense of death, but that's not what this show is about – "Vampire Diaries" is about second chances and choices and what you're willing to sacrifice when you really love someone. That's what I think the show is about. I think death is a very surface aspect of the show.

PW: On the flipside, you just released the music video for "I Want It All" -- how do you feel about the final product?
Kat: I'm thrilled with it. It's been a long time coming. I've always wanted a Barbarella vibe and to wear a piece from The Blonds. I also really wanted a tiger – I didn't care how we got it, I just wanted a tiger [laughs]. I was living my fantasy! I think it's a great step towards the music career I want and eventually letting that be my life. I'm doing as much as I can with it now, and I think people like seeing both sides – they're not just seeing a sweet little 17-year-old girl in Mystic Falls, they're actually seeing Kat Graham.

"The Vampire Diaries" airs tonight at 8pm on The CW

-Nayab- IF-Sizzlerz
-Nayab-
-Nayab-

Posted: 12 May 2011 at 10:58am | IP Logged
'Vampire Diaries': Daniel Gillies talks Elijah's betrayal (and softening):

by Mandi Bierly

Image Credit: Quantrell Colbert/The CWWhen EW first talked to Daniel Gillies last January, he explained that as an actor, he had to make certain guesses about Elijah's motivations in order to play The Vampire Diaries' new villain. As we approach tonight's season finale (The CW, 8 p.m. ET), it's a good time to ask: How close was he? "You know, I suspected the ties of family between Klaus and Elijah, and I'm grateful that I went in that direction. I also suspected a deeper relationship and history with Katherine, and interestingly enough, that played out also," he says. Executive producer Julie Plec did end up revealing that Elijah and Klaus were half-brothers before Gillies had to read it in a script. "She trusted me," he says. "She didn't even ask me to keep it under my hat, but I did anyway because I didn't want to ruin it for the other cast members or in case anything got leaked.'"

Gillies is equally tight-lipped about Elijah's involvement in season 2's final hour, but he confirms that we will see him. "It's furthering this pact that Klaus has made that he knows where the family is and he'll reunite me. We're gonna explore that," he teases.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: I wasn't surprised — or all that angry even — that Elijah made the decision to save Klaus to get to his family.
DANIEL GILLIES:
Neither was I. It's funny, we've been talking about him being so noble all the time. When people said he's a man of his word, he's honorable, I was sort of conflicted. There was a few things that he's done that I don't think were very honorable, actually, that fans overlook. Like, when he was almost ruthlessly pursuing Damon and Rose in the beginning, and I picked up those coins out of the busker's guitar case and threw them at the window — I thought that was the opposite of nobility to include all those innocent people in his mayhem. A lot of the fans, that's their favorite shot of me, and that's actually the least noble thing that's done on the show. His agenda is thousands of years old, so the fact that he turned and destroyed the plans of Stefan and Bonnie doesn't surprise me at all. Other cast members came up to me and said, "Oh, how do you feel about that? Oh, man, it's terrible, right?" Like it's a bad thing. I personally love characters when they f— up. It's exciting to me. When someone like Elijah — who almost seems robotic at times in his execution, the economy of his motion — does something like that, you actually see his humanity. I love the mistakes that people make. In a sense, for me at least, it brings me closer to them.

My question is this: If Klaus hunted down the rest of Elijah's family, was he searching for Elijah all these years? What's your take on that?
I think Elijah was difficult. I think that Elijah was elusive, extremely intelligent. [Laughs] Much more intelligent than I. I think also there was probably a part of Klaus that couldn't quite bring himself to pursue Elijah with real vengeance. I think that there was a part of them that was extremely close for centuries, and I think that on whatever level, he probably resisted hunting Elijah as he did the rest of the family. But I also think that Elijah is probably extraordinarily good at eluding him.

Fans have been talking about the chemistry between Elijah and Elena. Do you think that's just because he sees in her what he saw in Katherine or the person Katherine reminded him of? Or is it something more than that?
I think that he sees Katherine, but I think that it's even deeper. I think Elena is so much more heroic than Katherine because she's got so much more to lose. That's not to say that Katerina didn't have a lot to lose back in the day, but I think that Elena represents even more heroism. I think Elena reminds Elijah of everything he liked about being human and continues to like about being human.

Do you think we've seen him soften through his run?
We have to an extent. It's an interesting issue. A good and a bad thing as an actor is sometimes you become good as exposition, and I think that I was relatively good and am relatively good at exposition. So therefore, necessarily, I became a sort of device for opening up the past. Which meant that I kinda couldn't be this cold guy on the outskirts saying four words an episode and murdering five people. I couldn't be this cowboy for as long as I wanted. It wouldn't have worked. I basically had to open the door into the past, and so they had to create in me a degree of diplomacy/approachability.

When we chatted in January, we had a great conversation about who you'd love to see play Klaus. Any suggestions you'd like to share for members of Elijah's family?
Oh, man. We can dig up some of those old names. I loved that you printed that…. I must say that Joseph Morgan [who was ultimately cast as Klaus] wasn't impressed when he came to set. He gave me a punch on the arm and was like, "Jonathan Rhys Meyers?! Ian McShane?!"

-Nayab- IF-Sizzlerz
-Nayab-
-Nayab-

Posted: 12 May 2011 at 10:59am | IP Logged

INTERVIEW: Daniel Gillies (Elijah) from The Vampire Diaries

May 12th, 2011 by thetvchick

Daniel Gillies as Elijah on The Vampire Diaries from the episode

Tonight is the big season finale of The Vampire Diaries and I, for one, am excited, nervous and scared all at the same time. What's to come of Damon's wolf bite? Where did Elijah and Klaus go? Is Klaus going to start his own species? Is there going to be another death? Only time will tell. But I recently had the chance to chat with Daniel Gillies, who plays Elijah, about the passionate fan base, Elijah's enchantment with Elena, and what he'd like to see from Elijah in season three.

When you did get the part of Elijah, did you ever anticipate what a hit it would become with the very vocal and passionate fan base?
I didn't think it would be this popular, I must confess to you. I will admit though, that when I read it, I thought that the show was cool and that he was cool in it. I knew that it would be a joy to play.

It definitely has resonated with a lot of fans, myself included.
I don't understand why. I love that people love it. Maybe it's not a question I need to ask. It's kind of wonderful.

If you could pick a time period that you would like to see Elijah in, and the show flashback to, what would it be?
Such an interesting question. There's a couple of things that spring to mind. One of them would be the settlement of the Americas. Maybe traveling with the Portugese to the South Americas — or on the Columbus ship. That would be kind of cool. Another cool time would be The Crusades. Because you could have so much fun. Julie Plec [Exec. Producer] is so in love with this idea that these guys faked these documents. The whole thing with The Crusades is destruction of documentation pertaining to Christ. I would love it if they were somehow involved with The Crusades, because Julie could take total liberty. (laughs) That'd be awesome. The Crusades would be number one for me. It would be a really exciting time. You could also go [to the] Roman Empire. The only thing that makes me cringe about that, is togas. I'm like, "Don't put me in a toga."

I'm sure the fan base would enjoy togas!
The fan base would love the togas, but I think I could do without it. Give me an Armani suit any day of the week, or Hugo Boss, I should say.

Obviously Elijah has been alive longer than anyone in Mystic Falls, and maybe anyone even on the planet. Have you ever speculated about people he could have met or events he would have witnessed along the way?
I think that he could have had a really large hand in the resurrection of Chri — (laughs) I have to be careful saying things like that. Here's a guy who's come back three times in the last however many months, and I like the idea that somehow his supernatural capabilities is from that — but I have to dump that because there's some angry Christians. I don't know, thing's that he's witnessed…of course, your mind goes to "Sympathy for the Devil," the Rolling Stones song. I haven't really thought deeply on what he might have seen. The main thing for me, was to catch that sense of his power, that I noticed in men, particularly have when they don't need to do too much to assert themselves. So I just kind of modeled him after [that], I guess. It's not an easy thing. It was really fun in the beginning. When you go back to the past, in his earlier days as a vampire, it's nice to play a bit of youthful innocence and playfulness with Katerina, for example. It's nice to play him with a sense of innocence, because I think now, he's just so weathered and kind of numb. I think that's slowly changing because of meeting Elena.

Do you think that Elijah is at all conflicted about his relationship with Klaus, given what happened?
I think that he wants to avenge his family. I think that this act [Klaus'] was despicable. He doesn't seek power, though, which might make him slightly more vulnerable. And he trusts people, almost naively. Like he's been killed in the silliest ways. "I've been alive for a thousand years, I'm going to let a teenager kill me."

If you had to pick who would play the original parents or the original siblings, do you have any top choices of who you would like to work with?
I think our father should be somebody really interesting. There's so many good actors out there. This list could go on forever. And truthfully, I said in an interview, Jonathan Rhys Meyers and Ian McShane for Klaus, and Joseph is terrific. All that ends up happening, is I name people, and then I don't meet any of them on set. I'll tell you that one actor that I think would be crazy good as a vampire, actually I think he's doing a show right now, Law and Order, he's a friend of mine, is Skeet Ulrich. I think he would make a magnificent vampire.

He has that look for sure.
Yeah, and he's just so interesting. And he's such a good actor. I like the sense of easyness with things. To me, he's kind of the poster child of the cool vampire.

Maybe he could be a brother or something.
That would be awesome, if he could take time off of his show.

It will be interesting to see who they come up with. What has been your biggest challenge playing Elijah?
Just economy of movement. He doesn't do anything he doesn't have to. He doesn't move anywhere he doesn't have to, he doesn't say anything he doesn't have to. And so, he's got to be measured. And sometimes, it can be frustrating. Sometimes you're doing a scene, and you think, "Oh man it'd be so wonderful to play with this range or this or that," and he's limited. In fact, he's actually more unlimited within his limitations, if that makes sense. I find him to be profoundly who he is, when you understand the mechanics of how he works. It's interesting, but sometimes I want to move during a scene. It's not as simple as movement, it's sort of about colors. Someone like Matt Davis, Alaric, is so much more colorful because of his humanity. I think that's the most important thing about these vampire shows. They're not even about vampires, really. Especially this show. It's not about vampires, it's about humans and humanity. It's about being a person and the beauty that probably someone like Elijah sees in somebody like Elena.

I have loved the relationship that Elena and Elijah had developed before the big sacrifice. Are we going to see more scenes with Elijah and Elena?
You have to watch! She's the reason he's — she's everything Katerina was, and then some more. I think she's a miracle to him. I think everybody else is behaving in a way he understands and can predict, but she's just this flower in the desert.

So it wasn't wrong that I picked up on feelings he might have for her?
Yeah, I mean it's just so natural. If you saw somebody who was just under threat all the time and was making these really brave decisions, and was doing things that [you] wouldn't possibly have the courage be able to do, the bravery of her — I think he's seduced by her, in spite of himself. Nobody's got better restraint than Elijah, but I think that she's just completely enchanting. Everybody's behaving predictably around him, but I think she's the only one who really places the experience and value of others before her own. You could say the same thing with Stefan. I think he has a degree of respect for Stefan. But Damon, not so much.

Do you have a favorite scene you've shot so far?
I've just loved it all. I particularly enjoy watching Sara Canning. I think she's just unbelievable. I think she can do anything. Probably my favorite scenes on the show are scenes Sara has done. I wish I had more to do with her. The couple of scenes I had with her, I just enjoyed acting with her so much. The whole cast is great. The whole cast is perfectly cast. Ian and Matt Davis and Paul are very funny to work with. They have a (laughs) — I think of it right now and I'm laughing. They make it fun and funny, and that's great to go back to.

What will the affect of the aftermath of the sacrifice be on Elijah?
He's nothing if not resourceful. He's been doing this sort of stuff for centuries. It's going to be interesting to see over the course of the next couple of seasons, whether it's with Elijah or with Klaus or with both of us, or with all of the other vampires, it's going to be interesting to explore what we have, that Damon and Stefan don't. What we've learned, because there's got to be a lot. We've already seen examples, of Klaus taking over Alaric's body, and I'm compelling other vampires, and walking around in the daylight. It's kind of extraordinary. I'd like to see what Julie comes up with.

Julie has said that next season will be the season of the originals, so I want to know where you see Elijah going in season three.
The truth is, he's virtually indestructible. I don't know…where would you go if you were Elijah? I guess he might — I don't know, he seems like someone who would disappear once his purpose was complete, like someone who would, like an assassin, fulfill his task and then depart, but the spin in the works here, is this little thing called Elena. She's got more of a grasp on him that he understands. Or let me rephrase that, I think he knows precisely the kind of grasp she has on him. I'm sensing something unselfish surfacing in him, like a devotional kind of love.

Adding another person to the love triangle. It would be a diamond or square, if Elijah was added into the mix with Damon and Stefan.
Right.

She's enchanting to him, as you said, so it would make sense that he's drawn to her.
It's not just about being drawn to her, it's about the need to protect her. That's why I used the word devotional. A lot of people will read this and think that's just Elijah's desire to be with her. I don't think it's as simple as that. In truth, it's going to be whatever Julie Plec writes, but I think he'd be somebody who wants to watch over her.

Well, when you have an Original on your side, that's pretty good.
I think so.

I know you can't spoil anything, but can you give a little teaser about the finale?
Julie said in an interview, where I was present when we did some press for a screening of ["The Last Day"], she said something really cool, in that it was almost like the finale of the season. It's such an inferno, these last episodes. It's crazy. [Last week's] episode could have easily been the last episode of the season. That's not to say that [the finale] isn't great as well. Because I saw a piece of that one, and it's amazing too.

I know you connect with a lot of your fans via Twitter. And your twitter name is very interesting — mrholymonster. Is there anything behind that? And how has it been connecting with your fanbase via Twitter?
First of all, I love Twitter. I have the coolest, coolest, coolest followers of all time. Nobody ever says anything mean. Let me just clear up this "Mr. Holy Monster." It's the name of my production company. I produced a movie, and it's just the name of my production company that I came up with a few years ago. I can't remember how. I think I remember somebody cussing one day, going "holy monster!" I remember thinking that it sounded so stupid, but so cool, too. And then I thought that was kind of a nice name for what a man is, what a human being is — a holy monster. So I called my production company that. Do you know, you're the first person I've told this to. On Twitter, I always keep meaning to explain it, and then I'm like "eh, I don't need to waste a Tweet explaining it."

Well, now people will know.
So that's where it came from. That's the story there. As for Twitter, I love it so much. I think that I don't do it often enough. I try to sit down twice or three times a week, to do it. I know it sounds so regimented, for me, I have to because it's an obsession. It's so interesting being in touch with people, and people are so kind to you. I keep waiting for it to turn nasty. I haven't even had an exchange with Nina or Ian yet, and when that happens –

Your Twitter's going to blow up.
You let the flood gates open. What I like about my followers right now, there the followers that found me because they went looking for me. Because I don't have my own name, which is what everybody do. What I like about Ernesto Riley which is Matt Davis' and mine, is that it's already a little bit of a performance. I do like leaving, little fragments of idiocy and borderline esoteric musings, but I also don't want to be pretentious either. I do like connecting. What's really neat is how caring people are. They're just so supportive. All they ever say to you is how wonderful what you're doing is. They're just so devoted. The Vampire Diaries fans are neat. There's never been anything like Twitter. It's an astonishing piece of communication in the world. It's stunning.

Thanks so much for taking the time to talk, and I can't wait to see what happens on the show! It's going to be crazy.
Yeah, it's going to be nuts.

Be sure to tune into the big season finale of The Vampire Diaries, tonight at 8 pm on the CW

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

_dkmystery_

-Nayab- IF-Sizzlerz
-Nayab-
-Nayab-

Posted: 12 May 2011 at 11:02am | IP Logged
Daniel Gillies: Beyond cute in 'The Vampire Diaries' By Curt Wagner RedEye

9:07 a.m. CDT, May 12, 2011

At the beginning of his acting career, Daniel Gillies played "Cute Guy" in an episode of the syndicated series "Cleopatra 2525." He hasn't been feeling all that cute on the set of "The Vampire Diaries."

"Everyone is so much better looking than I am!" said Gillies, who plays vampire Elijah on the CW hit. "And I'm not just playing at humility there… These kids are so pretty and talented and, you know, [bleep] them all!

"No, kidding! But I certainly don't feel like the cute guy any more."

We'll see Gillies and his impossibly attractive co-stars again in "As I Lay Dying," the season finale airing at 7 p.m. Thursday on CW. And maybe we'll learn what Elijah plans to do with his brother and fellow original vamp, Klaus (Joseph Morgan), after he betrayed Elena (Nina Dobrev) and Stefan (Paul Wesley) last week by not killing his brother. (We'll also learn why Klaus was so desperate to keep Stefan alive during last week's sacrifice ritual.)

But back to that "not cute" comment. True, there are a lot of lookers in the cast, but fans will tell the 35-year-old actor he is wrong about one thing: The guy is handsome. Elijah came to Mystic Falls about mid-season hoping to use Elena to set a trap for Klaus. Instantly, online chat rooms, message boards and my Twitter feed filled with messages of, well, let's call it "support," for the sexy new guy.

"When cute erodes, there are other things that hopefully take the place of cute," Gillies said.

I'm guessing, by watching Gillies as Elijah, he's talking about a sense of humor, sophistication, style and, most importantly, swagger.

"I'm really enjoying embracing those as I get older," he said. "It's taken me awhile, but I like me more than I did when, perhaps, I was a cute guy."

What do you think, cute, handsome, sexy or…? Please leave your comments below.

Hi Daniel. I just have to say, you double-crossing fiend! How could you?
[Laughs.] I don't regret it at all. I think it was such a human decision he made. When I watched it, it seemed that, as much as the audience really resents him in that moment, or a lot of them [do], I think that it was one of the most human things he's done. It was the closest I ever felt to him when I watched it.

He's taken Klaus. Is he hoping to revive his family, or does he have a plan?
I think he knows as little as you do. I don't know what his hope is, but he had to take that chance on Klaus' word. I do think that there's no guarantee, at all, to anything that Klaus is saying. I don't think he knows what to expect as far as the family or the bodies. But if there's even a percentage chance [Klaus is telling the truth], he has to take that risk.

What most concerns Elijah about Klaus' possible transformation into a werewolf-vampire hybrid?
The degree of invincibility. My concern is whether or not he's going to have a need for me. And that's got to occur to Elijah. He's now more of a threat than ever. His ability to go and procreate is also terrifying.

Speaking of procreating, should Klaus and the hybrids be allowed to date werewolves, vampires, humans or only other hybrids?
[Laughs.] I think they can date whomever the hell they want. As long as there is consent, they can date whomever.

Is Elijah jealous of his brother, or is it just fear of how it could all end so badly?
I think he's been alive too long to sort of waste his energy on things like jealousy. I think if we had the ability to live several lifetimes I think that we could dispose of that. I think Elijah has more compassion than we know.

Do you feel Elijah is more like Stefan or Damon?
I don't think he's like either. He's his own creature. Look, he treats a lot of things with a degree of humor. I find Elijah [to be] very funny. I guess I'm laughing at my own joke, but I enjoy playing the humor. It's not necessarily on the [script] page, but I like playing a lot of what he does with a degree of sort of amusement. I think there's something Damon-esque about that.

I do think he has an enormous sense of responsibility, which is more like Stefan. But truthfully, he's like neither of them. He's too old to be like either of them. It's like which one of them is like him. He's been around for thousands of years; they're just beginning to explore what it means to be alive.

In the flashbacks he seems more sensitive than he is now.
Yeah, that was fun to play. I played him with a degree of more openness. He's already made the decision there, he says, "I do not believe in love, Katerina." I think by that stage he's made sort of that psychological decision, but I don't think his heart has made the decision. In fact, it's clear that he hasn't. But he's certainly not as hardened as he is in contemporary times. He's much more of an assassin when we see him now. He's had to survive the pursuit of Klaus.

Are we going to see their dynamic change a little bit now that Elijah is seemingly in control?
It depends on what direction they go with this. I don't know where they're going to go. I doubt that Elijah would want to continue to be around Klaus after what he's done. I'm not sure that'd be together enough to enable a dynamic.

Julie Plec has said that watching you play Elijah made her and Kevin decide to make the Originals unkillable. And obviously they've kept your characters around. How does it feel to play God in that way?
[Laughs.] That's very sweet. But they're not unkillable. There's a way to get them; there's always a way. It's amazingly gratifying to play this role in this show. I feel very, very lucky is the answer to that question. I've never played anything that's had such a following, and believe me, I know there are some pretty entitled young actors out there who think they've got it coming to them. But I'm 35 and I feel very blessed to be doing this.

What are you hoping for Elijah next season if he survives the Season 2 finale?
If he survives I want him to have love. I think he's found love; I just want him to be able to express it.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Healer._dkmystery_

-Nayab- IF-Sizzlerz
-Nayab-
-Nayab-

Posted: 12 May 2011 at 11:05am | IP Logged
By Curt Wagner RedEye

7:47 a.m. CDT, May 12, 2011

Don't feel bad if you thought last week's episode of "The Vampire Diaries" was the Season 2 finale. It seemed like one.

SPOILER ALERT: Stop reading if you are not caught up!

Quick recap: Jenna, Jules, John and Greta died. Bonnie unleashed some serious kick-ass Klaus' way after his sacrifice ritual. Stefan was stabbed in the back, literally by Klaus and metaphorically by Elijah, who pulled a big ol' double-cross by wisking Elijah away instead of killing him. Oh, and Tyler bit Damon.

Whew!

So yeah, it felt like a finale. But the CW's supernatural hit closes its highly eventful sophomore season for real at 7 p.m. Thursday with "As I Lay Dying," which, according to co-star Katerina Graham, is just as epic.

"There are so many twists my stomach's in knots," said the actress, who plays witch Bonnie Bennett. "I cannot wait for people to watch it."

Graham says "As I Lay Dying" deals with the fallout of original vamp Klaus' ritual, particularly how the Scooby gang tries to save Damon (Ian Somerhalder) from that werewolf bite, which is fatal for vampires. After seeing a screening of "Gone with the Wind," a hallucinating Damon—werewolf bites will do that—struggles to keep his memories of evil vamp Katherine (Nina Dobrev) in 1864 separate from the danger faced in the present by Elena (Dobrev).

"A lot goes down until the very last minute," says Graham, adding that even the actors find it hard to believe show runners Julie Plec and Kevin Williamson can pack so much into each episode.

In its second season, "TVD" has delivered a weekly dose of gripping suspense and a hugely creepy vibe, not to mention throwing shocking curveballs at favorite characters while introducing intriguing new arrivals to Mystic Falls.

Chief among those newbies has been Elijah, one of the original vampires who used Elena to find his devious brother, Klaus. Plec and Williamson weren't sure they'd keep Elijah around all season, but they were so happy with Daniel Gillies' performance they did.

The veteran actor says he feels lucky for the opportunity.

"I've never played anything that's had such a following, and believe me, I know there are some pretty entitled young actors out there who think they've got it coming to them," he said. "But I'm 35 and I feel very blessed to be doing this."

Elijah's betrayal of his "allies" may have thwarted their plan to stop Klaus from becoming a vampire-werewolf hybrid, but it likely means one good thing for new fan favorite Gillies: Elijah (and Klaus) will be back next season.

"It's awesome," he said. "I love playing this character."

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Healer.

Go to top