India-Forums

The Vampire Diaries
The Vampire Diaries

TVD - spoilers and promos #2 (Page 109)

sonu.p Senior Member
sonu.p
sonu.p

Posted: 12 May 2012 at 1:21pm | IP Logged

Post Mortem: Vampire Diaries Boss on Finale Gamechanger, Elena's Choice and Who's a Goner

WARNING: If you have yet to watch Thursday's season finale of The Vampire Diaries, avert your eyes now. Everyone else, you may proceed….

Did that just happen?!

That was the reaction heard around the Internet after the shocking season finale of The Vampire Diaries. Now that you've had time to absorb it all, read on to find out what executive producer Julie Plec told TVLine about Elena's new life as a bloodsucker, the love triangle that won't quit, the death that stuck and the one that didn't.

RELATED | Vampire Diaries Finale Recap: A Night of Shocks!

TVLINE | How did the cast react to the finale, especially given how much is changing for their characters?
They were very, very, very positive and supportive of the finale. So many of them found a beauty in what they felt like was returning to all the things they loved most about the show in the early episodes of the series. Stuff that was simple and pure and steeped in character and emotional. And they loved having Sara Canning back in their world.

TVLINE | At PaleyFest, when someone asked if Elena will become a vampire like in the books, you very coyly replied, "We'll see." How hard was it to keep this secret?
Oh my God, when that person asked, my heart just fell down from my chest to my toes! All I thought was, "Answer this as though she isn't. As you would answer it if you hadn't spend the entire year in the writers room planning for this." [Laughs]

TVLINE | So she's definitely becoming a vampire?
They're going to try to pull out all the stops to try to prevent it when we come back, but I think the writing is on the wall as far as her journey.

TVLINE | In the past, Elena's been very adamant about not wanting that life. How will this affect her?
It's going to affect her in a lot of ways. It changes everything for her. It's not going to be easy. It's going to be a struggle. It's going to illuminate a lot of things about who she is, and it's going to screw with her head and her emotions. It's going to be tough. But the beauty of Elena is now we'll get to see her try to rise above it and be a champion in spite of this. We'll see how hard that is and how long it takes her to become a functioning vampire, if at all.

TVLINE | Given how crazy her life has become and all the supernatural elements in it, was this inevitable for Elena?
Yeah, I think so. Who knows if the books hadn't turned her into a vampire at the end of book one if we would have gone down this road or if it never would have occurred to us to go down this road? That's hard to say. But when [executive producer Kevin Williamson and I] signed on to this project, we did know that, at some point, we would be turning her. It really just was a matter of when. It's definitely the next chapter in her story.

TVLINE | Were you surprised it came this early? Most shows would save this for a series finale.
No, there was actually a moment at the beginning of Season 2 where Kevin and I thought we would get here by the end of Season 2. We didn't want to, so I'm glad we didn't. But we were following the path of her character. Heroines are very difficult to write. It's very difficult to keep them dynamic and fresh and new. We knew that we would reach a breaking point where we didn't really want to see Elena continue to go through the same thing again and again and again.

RELATED | Season Finale Spoilers: Scoop on 54 Big Finishes!

TVLINE | At what point did you come up with the idea that Damon met Elena first and erased her memory of that moment?
The details of that scene happened as we were talking about the end of the season. But the question that we've always had since the beginning of the series in the writers room is, "Where was Damon while Stefan was entering school and meeting Elena?" Damon came into the pilot armed with a lot of knowledge, which, in my opinion, implies that he's been there for a little while. So we've always wanted to ask and answer that question. It felt like the right answer there was [that] he was having his own experience with Elena. [Laughs]

TVLINE | One of the side effects of becoming a vampire is that she'll remember all the things Damon compelled her to forget. How will that effect Elena's choice?
It's just more information. I don't think anything is going to make her sit up and say, "Oh my God, I made the wrong decision!" and change her mind in Episode 1 [of next season]. But in the ongoing journey of her point of view about how she feels about each of these brothers, it's going to impact her feelings for Damon and her understanding of Damon.

TVLINE | Does Damon stand more of a fighting chance with her now?
Both brothers continue to stand a fighting chance because we're only halfway through the series. So yes. [Laughs]

TVLINE | This does redefine the love triangle in a way.
Yeah. We've been in the writers room for four weeks after we wrapped the season, talking about Season 4. The one thing that got us all so excited is that everything we're talking about feels both familiar in all the right ways, of the early parts of the series, and also fresh. It feels so fresh. And yet, it's the same people that we know and love. They're just going through new experiences. There's a lot we can do here. We're really excited about it.

TVLINE | Two burning questions about Stefan: Does he know she picked him? And when he was crying over her body, was it because she had died or because he knew she was going to come back as a vampire?
He does not know that she picked him. I like to think that that moment when he's crying over her body, he's crying over the loss of her human life and that now she's going to be the thing that she never wanted. I don't think Meredith would have been like, "Oh, I'm going to keep that secret from Stefan, but tell Damon." [Laughs]

RELATED | The CW Renews Supernatural, Vampire Diaries and 90210

TVLINE | Tell me about the decision to kill off Alaric.
Oh… [Long pause] It's too painful. [Laughs] What was really important to us was that Elena lost everything, as far as adult parenting [and] that she as a human had no support structure in her home. So Alaric as the guardian of Elena and Jeremy had a shelf life at the end of this season because of where we were going with [her]. Alaric's character, in my opinion, could have been sitting in that bar next to Damon for the next four years, every episode, having a bourbon, and we all would have been perfectly happy. But Matt Davis is better than that and deserves more than that. Now's his time to shine. [If he has] the opportunity to go out there and shine on another show while still being available to us should we decide to have a few ghostly visits from dear, departed Alaric, then it's the best of both worlds. That being said, every single scene that I had my hands in from the time he became his alter-ego to the end of this season, I would sit at the computer and weep. Tears would fall onto the keys, knowing that in a lot of ways this was goodbye. It was definitely very emotionally traumatic for me. [Laughs]

TVLINE | What about Joseph Morgan? Have we seen the last of him?
No, we have not. It is as temporary as when he was inside Alaric's body.

TVLINE | So both of their vessels are OK should Klaus get out of the Tyler's body?
Yes. Desiccated Klaus is a little crispy right now, but he's probably salvageable.

TVLINE | It seemed for a little while there that Klaus was being written off. Why did you decide to bring him back in this way?
Rarely do you have a character that comes in [during] the middle of the series and just explodes and an actor that embodies him so well that people love to hate him and hate to love him. Joseph Morgan as Klaus is pretty special. Though we wanted our heroes to have a victory after all this time, we also realized that there's still so much more of Joseph Morgan as Klaus that we need to see on the show. We tried to make sure we got both the win for our heroes and the win for our show, which is still having Joseph a part of it.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

chocoroxitsD.E.L.E.N.Apenguin143rekhab25meriyaarAneeka_GS.SmokeySilence.safeplacetoland

Aneeka_GS Goldie
Aneeka_GS
Aneeka_GS

Posted: 13 May 2012 at 7:05am | IP Logged
May 13, 2012

Vampire Diaries Season 4 Producer Dropped New Elena Vampire Spoilers

Posted by: Shun
Tagged: CW, news, spoilers, vampire diaries season 4
Bookmark and Share

Vampire Diaries season 4 producer dropped new Elena vampire spoilers. Recently,TV Line,chatted it up with one of the Vampire Diaries showrunners Julie Plec,and she dropped new,very insightful,spoiler teasers for the new,season 4, vampire Elena.

First, she revealed that the crew will be trying everything to avoid the Elena vampire transition from happening,but alas,she will have to succumb to her vampire fate. Next,she revealed that Elena will,of course,be affected by it in a lot of ways. "It changes everything for her. It's not going to be easy. It's going to be a struggle. It's going to illuminate a lot of things about who she is, and it's going to screw with her head and her emotions. It's going to be tough."

However, she also went on to reveal that we'll also get to "see her try to rise above it,and be a champion in spite of this. We'll see how hard that is and how long it takes her to become a functioning vampire, if at all."

After that,she revealed that they always had it planned out for Elena to become a bloodsucking vamp,they just weren't sure of when. At one point,they were thinking of turning her in season 2,but they were glad they didn't. She also said,they didn't want to see Elena continue to go through the same thing again,and again,and again. I totally agree. Making her a vampire will add a totally different and interesting dynamic to her storyline. I'm excited about it.

Next,she revealed that Elena will remember that she met Damon before she met Stefan. However,it won't effect her Stefan love choice,but "it's going to impact her feelings for Damon and her understanding of Damon." In other words,he'll still have a shot with her.

Finally,she revealed that Stefan doesn't know that Elena picked him over Damon yet. However,he does know that she'll be a vampire,and is sad that she's going to be the thing that she never wanted to be. Awww. Stay tuned.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

chocoroxsonu.ppenguin143

-Akriti- IF-Rockerz
-Akriti-
-Akriti-

Posted: 13 May 2012 at 7:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by penguin143

SPOILERS FOR SEASON 4!!!!!

What Julie Plec said in the Interview with Entertainment Weekly:

1.Elena will complete the transition.
2.Matt does survive the car accident.
3.Damon would have saved Elena first.
4.The Salvatore brothers will not be as close as they were in season 3 because of what happened to Elena.
5.Elena will remember everything that Damon said to her & compelled her to forget it.
6.Stefan and Elena will be together "as a couple" for a little while.
7.The magic that Bonnie did with Klaus is the same as the magic that was able to put Klaus into Alaric's body and Esther into Rebekah's. 
8.Klaus's body was not 100% burned, so Jomo will probably be appearing in season 4 "not in flashbacks".
9.Damon, Stefan, and Caroline's all come from Klaus's bloodline.
10.Tyler will survive.
11.Caroline is going to be pissed at Klaus, who is doing some and will continue to do some subterfuge as far as who he's pretending to be inside of Tyler's body.
12.The focus of the first episode will be about the council members who now know what Caroline and Tyler really are.
13.We will be introduced to new interesting council members.
14.Bonnie will get a BIG storyline in season 4.
15.The Originals, Tyler and Caroline, whichever Salvatores will NOT be leaving town after what happened to Elena.
16.Everyone will be hating Rebekah after what she did, Including Klaus.
17.Elijah will be sticking around but not as a regular.
18.There will be a new villain.

Smile

These were the best spoilers. Thanks for sharingEmbarrassed

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

penguin143

.SmokeySilence. IF-Stunnerz
.SmokeySilence.
.SmokeySilence.

Posted: 15 May 2012 at 2:54pm | IP Logged
Tuesday, 15 May 2012

Nina Dobrev On What To Expect From Elena In Season 4

After three seasons, Elena Gilbert finally -- and accidentally -- became immortal on The Vampire Diaries' finale Thursday.

When Nina Dobrev's character drowned -- she begged Stefan Salvatore (Paul Wesley) to save Matt Donovan (Zach Roerig) instead -- her friends presumed her to be dead. What they didn't know, however, was that Elena had vampire blood in her system, and she would soon join Stefan, Damon Salvatore (Ian Somerhalder) and Caroline Forbes (Candice Accola) as a vampire.

"I liked having one human and one vampire, because then I get the best of worlds and I get to do a variety of things," said Dobrev, who also plays a vampire named Katherine Pierce. "But, then again, it is going to be different for me and it's going to be challenge. It's going to be more fun to sort of explore that world."

"We're definitely going to see her whole transition into becoming a vampire. We're not going to skip over it, as we have with others," Dobrev assured us. "Becoming a vampire, everything you feel is heightened. . . We know what Elena's like: She has high morals, she looks out for other people. So what's Elena going to be like with those things accentuated?"

Teen witch Bonnie Bennett (Kat Graham) won't likely be pleased to learn Elena is now a vampire. "Their relationship is probably going to be so strained because of that. Her best friend, the one person she's been fighting to protect, is now what she's been fighting against all this time," Dobrev explained. "It's going to be interesting."
Prior to her death, Elena also made a tough decision when she chose to be with Stefan instead of his brother, Damon.

"It does kind of feel like you're disappointing half the people. But you're always going to disappoint half the people with this kind of storyline," Dobrev said of the series' central love triangle. "I think we gave them both what they wanted at some point or another during the season, so it's not like we shunned them or disregarded their wants."

Posted by Col at 11:29 

penguin143

sonu.p Senior Member
sonu.p
sonu.p

Posted: 16 May 2012 at 1:18pm | IP Logged

Vampire Diaries Season 4: Will Everyone Be Mad at Bonnie?

18 minutes ago by Jenny McGrathSPOILER ALERT!!
Bonnie Smiles in Season 3, Episode 5:
Photo Credit: Quantrell D. Colbert/The CW
Photo: 

Bonnie's ready to get her prank on.

It was more than a little surprising to see Bonnie (Kat Graham) save Klaus(Joseph Morgan) in The Vampire Diaries Season 3 finale. Of course, she had pretty good reasons, right? If she hadn't performed her witchy woo on Klaus's body, then Alaric's (Matt Davis) Original staking would've been pretty tragic. 

Of course, Bonnie wasn't able to go blabbing the secret to everyone in Mystic Falls, but in Season 4, her friends are going to learn what the witch did. The good news? They aren't going to be mad. In an interview withThe VRO, executive producer Julie Plec pointed out that Bon-Bon is pretty much a hero. "I mean, Bonnie basically effectively saved Christmas, Hanukkah, Easter, and the heavens in one fell swoop," says Plec. 

Caroline (Candice Accola) might need a minute to process the repercussions of Bonnie's spell, Plec acknowledges. The blonde vamp is convinced Tyler (Michael Trevino) is dead, and she spent what she thinks were his last moments with her most hated Original. Yet, if Bonnie hasn't pulled the switcheroo, all the vampires we know and love would be dead. "They should throw her a parade," says Plec.

Let's hope Caroline remembers that while she's gargling and rinsing because she made out with Klaus in disguise. 

penguin143

sonu.p Senior Member
sonu.p
sonu.p

Posted: 16 May 2012 at 1:21pm | IP Logged

Why Did Stefan Leave Elena in the Car? Vamprie Diaries' Julie Plec Explains

We really love Matt (Zach Roerig), so we might've pulled him from the sinking car in The Vampire Diaries Season 3 finale, too. But Stefan (Paul Wesley) isn't that close to the human, so why did he obey Elena's (Nina Dobrev) wishes and save her pal? Executive producer Julie Plec explained that and a lot more about Season 3, Episode 22, "The Departed," in an interview with The VRO.

If you thought the younger Salvatore leaving Elena in the car was out of character, you're not the only one. Plec said Paul Wesley felt the same way. He told her, "'There's no way that Stefan would leave her to die… I don't buy it for a minute.'" But in Plec's opinion, the entire basis for Stefan and Elena's relationship is the way he respects her choices. ThoughDamon (Ian Somerhalder) would've grabbed Elena and not looked back, Stefan listened. Besides, Stefan wasn't leaving Elena, Julie explains, he was simply helping Matt first. "It's the beauty of the dynamic of [their] relationship and the fundamental thing that separates Damon and Elena from Stefan and Elena," said Plec. 

And though Damon's decision would've been different, Plec thinks "neither one of them would be wrong in that situation." Well, Matt fans probably have a different take on that statement, and so might Elena. "If Stefan saved Elena and let Matt die… I don't know that Elena could've ever recovered from that," says Plec.

For those of you concerned that Elena's choice spells the end of Delena, Plec offers you some hope (and asks you to please stop sending her hate tweets). That moment where we learned that Elena actually did meet Damon first wasn't just a one-off. "There's so much more to this relationship than even Elena knows… it just opens the door for continued exploration," Plec promises. But she reminds viewers that the scales don't tip heavily in favor of either ship: "It's not the Stefan-Elena show. It's not the Damon-Elena show." However, Plec warns that patience is required no matter which brother you favor. Elena's world is about be turned upside down.

Her impending vampirism is going to affect every relationship in Elena's life. "The way the episode ended really changes everything for everybody. Elena is about to be a completely different person in a lot of ways… In a way we're almost starting over," she says. 

But Elena's going to remember so much more now, so it's not as if we're starting over with a blank slate...

penguin143

sonu.p Senior Member
sonu.p
sonu.p

Posted: 17 May 2012 at 3:02am | IP Logged

Vampire Diaries Spoilers For Season 4: Who's Going to Feel Vulnerable?

about 12 hours ago by Jenny McGrathSPOILER ALERT!!
The Vampire Diaries Cast Show Off Their T-shirts During Comic-Con 2011 in San Diego on July 23, 2011
Photo Credit:  2011 Warner Bros. Entertainment, Inc.
Photo: 

Are we allowed to pick more than one team? Please say we are. It's just to hard to decide!

For all Wetpaint Entertainment's exclusive Comic-Con 2011 coverage, click here!

Poor little monster. Klaus (Joseph Morgan) was having a bad week during the final few episodes of The Vampire Diaries Season 3. Not only was he desiccated by his former bestie, Stefan (Paul Wesley), his body burned up when Alaric (Matt Davis) staked him.

Then his doppelganger turned into a vampire, and there went his plans for hybrid domination. Of course, he tried to bleed Elena (Nina Dobrev) dry, so we don't feel too bad about that. Executive producer Julie Plec told TV Guide that nevertheless, Klaus is going to put out when he realizes what went down while he was out of commission. "The loss of the doppelganger is gonna be a BFD for Klaus and will drive his actions for the season," says Plec. "Suddenly he's vulnerable for many reasons. There's a stake that can kill him, a witch that can desiccate him, and no way to build up the hybrid army he needs — psychologically, at least — to feel safe. Plus, Caroline's[Candice Accola] going to be peeved at him once she realizes he bamboozled her. In other words, he ain't gonna be so happy."

Somebody needs a hug! Though he better not go looking for one from Caroline — she'll probably break his neck, even if he is in Tyler's (Michael Trevino) body.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

itsD.E.L.E.N.Apenguin143

sonu.p Senior Member
sonu.p
sonu.p

Posted: 18 May 2012 at 2:57am | IP Logged

Vampire Diaries Press Release Teases New Season 4 Villain

Klaus is not dead. Julie Plec has made this clear in multiple interviews since The Vampire Diaries Season 3 finale aired.

But she's also teased a new villain on the way for season four (which will premiere in October, The CW announced today, along with its upcoming schedule) and a new network press release makes the same mention.

TVD Core Four

It reads, regarding what's ahead:

Season Four begins with the knowledge that everything is changing. As Elena and her friends enter into the final stretch of high school before graduation sends them off on different paths, their bond to their home town of Mystic Falls takes on a deeper meaning when a new villain seems intent on destroying it.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

prayasbanetta10penguin143katherine123LifeOfTheParty

Go to top