Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sonu.p thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Vampire Diaries Season 4: Will Everyone Be Mad at Bonnie?

18 minutes ago by Jenny McGrathSPOILER ALERT!!
Bonnie Smiles in Season 3, Episode 5:
Photo Credit: Quantrell D. Colbert/The CW
Photo: 

Bonnie's ready to get her prank on.

It was more than a little surprising to see Bonnie (Kat Graham) save Klaus(Joseph Morgan) in The Vampire Diaries Season 3 finale. Of course, she had pretty good reasons, right? If she hadn't performed her witchy woo on Klaus's body, then Alaric's (Matt Davis) Original staking would've been pretty tragic. 

Of course, Bonnie wasn't able to go blabbing the secret to everyone in Mystic Falls, but in Season 4, her friends are going to learn what the witch did. The good news? They aren't going to be mad. In an interview withThe VRO, executive producer Julie Plec pointed out that Bon-Bon is pretty much a hero. "I mean, Bonnie basically effectively saved Christmas, Hanukkah, Easter, and the heavens in one fell swoop," says Plec. 

Caroline (Candice Accola) might need a minute to process the repercussions of Bonnie's spell, Plec acknowledges. The blonde vamp is convinced Tyler (Michael Trevino) is dead, and she spent what she thinks were his last moments with her most hated Original. Yet, if Bonnie hasn't pulled the switcheroo, all the vampires we know and love would be dead. "They should throw her a parade," says Plec.

Let's hope Caroline remembers that while she's gargling and rinsing because she made out with Klaus in disguise. 

sonu.p thumbnail

Why Did Stefan Leave Elena in the Car? Vamprie Diaries' Julie Plec Explains

We really love Matt (Zach Roerig), so we might've pulled him from the sinking car in The Vampire Diaries Season 3 finale, too. But Stefan (Paul Wesley) isn't that close to the human, so why did he obey Elena's (Nina Dobrev) wishes and save her pal? Executive producer Julie Plec explained that and a lot more about Season 3, Episode 22, "The Departed," in an interview with The VRO.

If you thought the younger Salvatore leaving Elena in the car was out of character, you're not the only one. Plec said Paul Wesley felt the same way. He told her, "'There's no way that Stefan would leave her to die… I don't buy it for a minute.'" But in Plec's opinion, the entire basis for Stefan and Elena's relationship is the way he respects her choices. ThoughDamon (Ian Somerhalder) would've grabbed Elena and not looked back, Stefan listened. Besides, Stefan wasn't leaving Elena, Julie explains, he was simply helping Matt first. "It's the beauty of the dynamic of [their] relationship and the fundamental thing that separates Damon and Elena from Stefan and Elena," said Plec. 

And though Damon's decision would've been different, Plec thinks "neither one of them would be wrong in that situation." Well, Matt fans probably have a different take on that statement, and so might Elena. "If Stefan saved Elena and let Matt die… I don't know that Elena could've ever recovered from that," says Plec.

For those of you concerned that Elena's choice spells the end of Delena, Plec offers you some hope (and asks you to please stop sending her hate tweets). That moment where we learned that Elena actually did meet Damon first wasn't just a one-off. "There's so much more to this relationship than even Elena knows… it just opens the door for continued exploration," Plec promises. But she reminds viewers that the scales don't tip heavily in favor of either ship: "It's not the Stefan-Elena show. It's not the Damon-Elena show." However, Plec warns that patience is required no matter which brother you favor. Elena's world is about be turned upside down.

Her impending vampirism is going to affect every relationship in Elena's life. "The way the episode ended really changes everything for everybody. Elena is about to be a completely different person in a lot of ways… In a way we're almost starting over," she says. 

But Elena's going to remember so much more now, so it's not as if we're starting over with a blank slate...

sonu.p thumbnail

Vampire Diaries Spoilers For Season 4: Who's Going to Feel Vulnerable?

about 12 hours ago by Jenny McGrathSPOILER ALERT!!
The Vampire Diaries Cast Show Off Their T-shirts During Comic-Con 2011 in San Diego on July 23, 2011
Photo Credit:  2011 Warner Bros. Entertainment, Inc.
Photo: 

Are we allowed to pick more than one team? Please say we are. It's just to hard to decide!

For all Wetpaint Entertainment's exclusive Comic-Con 2011 coverage, click here!

Poor little monster. Klaus (Joseph Morgan) was having a bad week during the final few episodes of The Vampire Diaries Season 3. Not only was he desiccated by his former bestie, Stefan (Paul Wesley), his body burned up when Alaric (Matt Davis) staked him.

Then his doppelganger turned into a vampire, and there went his plans for hybrid domination. Of course, he tried to bleed Elena (Nina Dobrev) dry, so we don't feel too bad about that. Executive producer Julie Plec told TV Guide that nevertheless, Klaus is going to put out when he realizes what went down while he was out of commission. "The loss of the doppelganger is gonna be a BFD for Klaus and will drive his actions for the season," says Plec. "Suddenly he's vulnerable for many reasons. There's a stake that can kill him, a witch that can desiccate him, and no way to build up the hybrid army he needs — psychologically, at least — to feel safe. Plus, Caroline's[Candice Accola] going to be peeved at him once she realizes he bamboozled her. In other words, he ain't gonna be so happy."

Somebody needs a hug! Though he better not go looking for one from Caroline — she'll probably break his neck, even if he is in Tyler's (Michael Trevino) body.

sonu.p thumbnail

Vampire Diaries Press Release Teases New Season 4 Villain

Klaus is not dead. Julie Plec has made this clear in multiple interviews since The Vampire Diaries Season 3 finale aired.

But she's also teased a new villain on the way for season four (which will premiere in October, The CW announced today, along with its upcoming schedule) and a new network press release makes the same mention.

It reads, regarding what's ahead:

Season Four begins with the knowledge that everything is changing. As Elena and her friends enter into the final stretch of high school before graduation sends them off on different paths, their bond to their home town of Mystic Falls takes on a deeper meaning when a new villain seems intent on destroying it.

katherine123 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

'The Vampire Diaries' Spoilers: What To Do With Vampire Elena

The Vampire Diaries EP Julie Plec and the rest of her writing staff has been hard at work fleshing out ideas and story line for the upcoming fourth season of the CW hit. The show's stellar cast has their own ideas about what could, should and might happen when The Vampire Diaries returns this Fall. EW caught up with Paul Wesley at the CW Upfronts to get his take on what might happen with Vampire Elena.

"I think a lot of this season is going to be about how to fix the issue or deal with it somehow — maybe even reverse it," he told me. Now, whether or not that's even possible, time will tell. But one thing he's sure of? The writers have a big task in front of them. "I am excited but also a little concerned. One of the things that was so important about the show was that there was this innocent girl being infiltrated by these dark characters — these threatening, vicious beings — who were going to suck her blood at any moment and kill her. Now, that's not a threat any more. We have some very talented writers and I'm sure they're going to figure it out," Wesley says.
Meanwhile, Ian Somerhalder thinks the gang will come together in light of these new developments. "I can imagine that it's going to be a team effort [to help Elena]. It's going to be very odd," he says. "[And for the brothers], it's kind of like the walk of shame. There's this girl you love, you were instrumental in altering her being. It's going to be interesting."

Shivani39 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

'The Vampire Diaries' Spoilers: Guilt, Reaction And Retribution In Season 4

41 mins ago, by Natasha 2 Comments

According to The Vampire Diaries EP Julie Plec, Elena's human death will have a heavy impact on Matt and Jeremy when season 4 begins. Their plotting and actions had serious repercussions to Elena's now uncertain future and will most certainly trigger not only guilt, but reaction and possibly retribution.

"I think that's the worst tragedy of all is that they plotted together to get her out of town so she wouldn't have to be part of this life. And now as a result of having been on that bridge at that moment, Matt is basically responsible in his own way for her being the one thing she never wanted to be. He's going to carry that very heavily. It's going to take his some time to get past that. And I would say certainly Jeremy, who would never want this for his sister, is going to have a real, real visceral reaction against Rebekah for what [she] did. There might be a little bit of retribution."

Source: TV Line

simrankaur.19 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Vampire Diaries Season 4 – Alaric to Return?

May 28, 2012 by Brody Gibson in Television

Ever since his casting in Cult, which is set to premiere midseason on the CW during the 2012/2013 season, fans have concernes whether Matt Davis' Alaric will be making any future appearances in Season 4 of The Vampire Diaries. I can understand the concern, but only just barely. When you take into account the midseason premiere date, you can clearly see a gap in Davis' schedule, which would give him plenty of time to film scenes for Vampire Diaires, something the CW is more likely to do since they own both series. But if that isn't evidence enough, how does semi-official word from Davis himself sound?

When speaking with EW.com, David said he was sure Alaric would be returning to Vampire Diaries one way or another. That's more than good enough for me. And really, fans shouldn't be asking to have Alaric to return so soon after the character's demise. Give him time to be dead before bringing him back! Let it sink in. Right now, my brain can't help but think because Elena was brought to life as a vampire that Alaric will also return from the dead (because their lives were linked). I hope that's not the case, though the writers did give themselves an excellent way to undo his death if they chose to.

But I'm always leaning toward permanent character deaths. Unless bringing someone back serves a very specific story purpose, they should be left dead. Besides, Davis' new show, Cult, looks so much cooler than Vampire Diaries. I'll probably come under a ton of fire for that statement, but I'm going to stand by it. The very idea of a show with in a show with a cult following dedicated to recreating the deaths from the show is spine tingling. I've been looking forward to Cult since before they even cast Davis or his co-star, Jessica Lucas. If done well, it could one hell of a rush to watch every week. The only downside is we have to wait until midseason to see any of it!
itsD.E.L.E.N.A thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Vampire Diaries Boss: Stefan Will Lean on Caroline During Elena's Transition

When The Vampire Diaries returns for Season 4, the friendship between Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Caroline (Candice Accola) that fans have been clamoring for will finally be further explored.

"I always look at Caroline as Stefan's future [best friend] Lexi [Arielle Kebbel]," executive producer Julie Plec said during this weekend's ATX Television Festival panel, moderated by this reporter. "You've seen little pockets of a friendship spark between them, and I see Caroline in the long run of the series becoming that important in Stefan's life."

1. Stefan will lean on Caroline during Elena's transition: "Caroline is an acolyte of the Stefan school of sobriety so to speak, so she's going to be all, 'I'm with you buddy, I'm on your team' as they try to help Elena [Nina Dobrev]," Plec said. "I remember saying in Episode 203 when Stefan takes Caroline under his wing that the two of them and their chemistry was so delightful... It's such a pleasure to watch."

2. A possible rekindling for Caroline and Matt: While Caroline is very much in love with Tyler (Michael Trevino) at this moment, after re-watching the beginnings of Caroline and Matt's relationship in Season 1, Plec said, "I think Caroline and Matt [Zach Roerig], in the long run of the series, will have another moment."

3. Bonnie's dad will finally be introduced: "It's time!" Plec said when we asked about Daddy Bennett's arrival. "This year is a big year of transitions. It's the end of senior year, and there's a rich home life for everybody we're going to explore."

4. Will Joseph Morgan be back as Klaus in the season premiere? We asked Plec if this tweet to Morgan meant she could confirm he'd be in the premiere. Unfortunately, the mention was a little premature. "I actually can't say," she said. "We haven't broken [down] the script yet, so it remains to be seen how long we'll play Tyler as Klaus."

5. Alaric (Matt Davis) could definitely return: "As long as Jeremy can see ghosts and Alaric is out there in the universe, then there's a window there," Plec said. "The moment in the end of the finale when he shows up broke every rule in the book, but I didn't care. For us it was more important for us to give Matt Davis and Alaric that last goodbye to say, 'Yes, he was the bad guy for the last few episodes, but here he is in that Obi-Wan kind of way.'"

6. Damon's evolution will continue: After re-watching a scene from the Season 1 episode "162 Candles," which screened at the festival, Plec noted that Damon (Ian Somerhalder) has evolved in the two seasons since. "This is a reminder that Damon is a character that started in a very dark place, but with a lot of love and emotion brewing under him," Plec said. "All of our characters, including his own brother, had to witness his evolution as a person and he has done some really extraordinarily sh---y things, but he has also done them in the name of love, pain, abandonment, self-preservation, survival and family. He's going to keep evolving and Elena's feelings for him are going to continue to evolve."

7. Season 4 will make viewers scream: Writer Jose Molina, who was also on the panel, perhaps gave the most agonizing tease. "We have the road map for next season and before we broke for vacation, I was staring and looking at everything we have planned and this stupid grin spread over my face," he said. "I was like, 'They are going to s---.' Already we have so many moments where people are going to freak."

hodan1987 thumbnail
Kevin Williamson Teases Phoebe Tonkin on The Vampire Diaries, Confirms End of The Secret Circle

After first crushing the dreams of Secret Circle viewers hoping to somehow save the canceled CW drama ("I am so sorry to all the fans, but that show is gone."), Williamson turned to that show's breakout star, referred to Phoebe Tonkin as "awesome" and added:

"I want her on Vampire Diaries. I ought to write her in."

Whoa. Yes, Kevin. Yes, you should!

It might be too early to get overly excited over the possibility, but we can't help it. Would you want to see Tonkin in Mystic Falls?

Read more tv spoilers at: http://www.tvfanatic.com/2012/06/kevin-williamson-teases-phoebe-tonkin-on-the-vampire-diaries-con/#ixzz1wxuugo2B

sonu.p thumbnail

Vampire Diaries Season 4 Spoilers: Julie Plec on the New, More Badass Elena

1 day ago by Jenny McGrathSPOILER ALERT!!
Elena Is All 'OMG' in The Vampire Diaries Season 3, Episode 9,
Photo Credit: Quantrell Colbert/The CW

In the immortal words of Samuel L. Jackson in Jurassic Park, "Hold onto your butts." Season 4 of The Vampire Diaries is destined to be its most exciting yet, and executive producer Julie Plec is stoking the flames of our impatience. She spoke to at the ATX TV Festival and teased some of the things she has in store for (). Spoilers abound!   

On Elena's heightened traits:
"When Elijah [Daniel Gillies] says, 'Your compassion is your greatest gift,' that was very much said as a reminder that that is who this girl is. Her compassion is her gift and her Achilles heel ... When all that stuff gets amplified, it's going to make her, hopefully, kind of a badass, you know? Like, imagine Elena who is willing to stand up and fight the good fight for her brother and for her friends as a human — imagine her now with supernatural abilities …"

Will Elena have a dark side?
"I think that Elena's dark side, so to speak, is actually in her deep, deep, deep connection to other people, whether they are light or dark. So now that these things get magnified, it is her connection to darker things and darker people is that going to bloom at all or is she still going to be the infallible heroine? I think that grief can do a lot to send somebody off their rocker a little bit, so who knows what she could go through as a vampire."

On Elena choosing Stefan (Paul Wesley)
"I think in the series it is okay to love them both, but in this moment in the show, there was unfinished business between both and she needed to take a stand and have a point of view about it. I think one of the things we wanted to do was give her last human choice and to make it powerful and for that choice to be born out of who she is in that moment as a human. She's not human anymore, so how will she change and what will that do to her relationship with everybody in her life?"

Source: E! Online