The Vampire Diaries

TVD - spoilers and promos #2 - Page 9

Healer. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago
oh man tat video, he has no hopes at all :( He's giving up, already asking Stefan to tell goodbyes :(

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

...Maham... thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: jenny1000

TVD new preview: I guess they cut it down to show what is actually gonna be shown. this preview clearly tells us that sheriff is gonna shoot damon.

Er is this thing in YT? 
JennyPenny thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Joseph Morgan on Salvatore brothers:

What do you think Klaus thinks of the Salvatore brothers? Does he feel that one is more of a thorn in his side than the other?

MORGAN: Maybe. Damon he just thinks is a loose canon. These guys are 160 years old, and he's been around for probably 10 times that. At worst, they're a nuisance to him. I don't think he really sees either of them as a serious threat. Stefan (Paul Wesley) is more predictable for him because he's in love with Elena (Nina Dobrev) in a way that is honorable. He can predict what Stefan will do and can manipulate that. Damon is a little more difficult because he is so unstacked. He doesn't seem to value his own life very much, so he will turn up and say, "I killed your witch, and you can kill me if you want," and just see what happens. That is probably a little more of a nuisance to Klaus, and also a little more impacting as well. He really puts himself out there and Klaus definitely has a fascination with that. I think there is also a fascination with Katherine because of that.

More: LINK: http://collider.com/joseph-morgan-interview-vampire-diaries-immortals/89481/

More spoilers:

'Vampire Diaries' Scoop: Tyler Will 'Probably' Stay In Mystic Falls For Caroline, Michael Trevino Tells Us!

"Obviously they both have feelings for each other, too."

Michael Trevino on Tyler and Caroline

Edited by jenny1000 - 12 years ago
JennyPenny thumbnail
Nina Dobrev: The finale changes the course of everyone's lives

Prevailing wisdom declares that TV shows save their biggest set pieces, plot resolutions and deaths for the season finale — but just as they've done since day one, "The Vampire Diaries" is once again rewriting the rules since the epic sacrifice they've been building towards all year went down in the second to last episode.

That means all bets are off for this Thursday's season finale, ominously titled "As I Lay Dying." In the first of many "TVD"-centric posts headed your way this week, I caught up with series star Nina Dobrev in one of her few down moments (in addition to last minute ADR, she's filming "The Perks of Being a Wallflower") for a little reflection.

After finding out what she's thought about season two as a whole, I learned what you can expect from Thursday's season finale, what Nina hopes awaits Elena Gilbert next year and why she really needed this summer vacation.

revailing wisdom declares that TV shows save their biggest set pieces, plot resolutions and deaths for the season finale -- but just as they've done since day one, "The Vampire Diaries" is once again rewriting the rules since the epic sacrifice they've been building towards all year went down in the second to last episode.

That means all bets are off for this Thursday's season finale, ominously titled "As I Lay Dying." In the first of many "TVD"-centric posts headed your way this week, I caught up with series star Nina Dobrev in one of her few down moments (in addition to last minute ADR, she's filming "The Perks of Being a Wallflower") for a little reflection.

After finding out what she's thought about season two as a whole, I learned what you can expect from Thursday's season finale, what Nina hopes awaits Elena Gilbert next year and why she really needed this summer vacation.

PopWrap: Congratulations on an amazing season. Given everything asked of you as an actor, I'd imagine this is very creatively exciting. 
Nina Dobrev: Absolutely. Especially since every single day is different and I never know what to expect. I never get into a comfort zone because between the two characters, I'm always on my toes and having to do different things and bring these different people to life, make them interesting, make them sad, make them layered. It's a very fun theme park to visit.

PW: And in some cases, multiple versions of the same character, like the pre-vampire Katherine we saw in "Klaus." 
Nina: There's a lot of preparation that's involved with each of the versions of Katherine that we've seen: pregnant Katherine, vulnerable with her family, pre-Klaus, post-Klaus, vamp bitch. There's so many different versions of her, it's crazy.

PW: Do you have a favorite incarnation of Katherine to play? 
Nina: I say that in general Katherine is more fun than Elena because she's not how I act on a day to day basis – I don't bite and attack and be a bad-ass every day. Even when I think I'm being a bad ass, I'm not really [laughs]. Katherine is a legit bad-ass.

PW: Plus Elena has been given some really heavy material to play in the episodes leading up to Klaus' sacrifice. That had to be really draining on you. 
Nina: Yea. It was. Especially with Jenna dying. She was a family member. One of the originals. Well, not originals as in The Originals on our show, but she was there since day one. Having to see yet another one of our family members go was sad and hard. But it wasn't just her – so many people died and are dying, the stakes are so high. Elena and I had to cry and go to a lot of really bad places mentally for those scenes. I'm curious though, as an audience member – how was that sacrifice episode? Did Jenna's death feel big and epic and sad and scary?

PW: Seriously? I cried on my couch when she died. 
Nina: For her specifically or everyone in general?

PW: It was Jenna-centric. For me, I feel like Jenna's death is the most devastating thing that's happened on your show in two years. When Vicki died, it was sad, but we only knew her for half a season so we weren't as invested in her as a person as we were with Jenna. She was such a good person and – in so many ways -- didn't deserve the fate she was dealt. It not only hurt because you watched her die, but you knew how bad Elena felt because of the role she played in it. 
Nina: Wow. That's amazing. Quote yourself [laughs]. Honestly, that's exactly what we were going for. I'm so happy it translated because I've been traveling over the last three weeks, so I haven't seen the episodes.

PW: I feel safe in saying the fans agree with me on that. And obviously Jenna's death will still be weighing heavily on Elena this week. 
Nina: Oh yea. It really will. It's hard to move on from that, yet she still has to try and pull forward. Elena kind of regresses back into old patterns. Another family member has died so she has to step up to the plate again and put on the fake smile and plow forward in an attempt to keep going. It's survival of the fittest.

PW: Typically last week's episode would have been the finale, but this week's ender looks to be just as extreme, but in a less action-y way. 
Nina: That's true. The finale has a very different kind of intensity to it – last year was twists and turns that you just didn't expect. This year is more dramatically intense than physically given the severity of what happens. I remember the feeling of watching last year. Of being so completely blown out of the park and being so stricken by it. I have not seen the finale, so I don't know what my reaction will be, but we're the "Vampire Diaries," you know it's going to be crazy.

PW: Will this finale set up the events of season three the way "Founder's Day" set up season two? 
Nina: It does. There's not just one – there's two or three kind of big twists that change the course of everyone's lives, and they're unexpected. It affects Damon & Elena hugely. It effects Stefan more than anyone would have imagined. Jeremy's life is just completely turned around, and almost confusing – you'll see why soon enough. But it initiates these storylines that will flourish in season three.

PW: On that tip, what would you like to see for Elena in season three? 
Nina: To be completely honest, I'd love for her to smile a bit. I know "Vampire Diaries" is intense and dramatic and people are dying, but I don't know why they have to always be dying around Elena. Why she has to be the one always witnessing it or being affected by it. She needs to lighten up because if she becomes this constantly crying character, it makes her weaker. She needs to begin to have a real life again, because right now she's consumed by chaos. There needs to be a light at the end of the tunnel. She needs to feel again, and have relationships again because everyone in her life has been suffering so much, it's becoming an action sequence as opposed to this girl going through her life.

PW: I'd imagine the same could be said for you -- are you excited to step away from "TVD" for a minute and play someone new in "The Perks of Being A Wallflower?" 
Nina: Yea, although the part in this film isn't the lead by any means, it's very nice to be in a different environment. It's like going on vacation to the same beach every summer for 15 years – eventually you want to venture out. I'm looking forward to stepping away and taking a breather and not having a show rest solely on my shoulders [laughs].

PW: To only play one character? 
Nina: There you go! [laughs] Also, I feel like you can lose perspective and fall into routines when you do the same thing over and over again. Especially going into season three. That's a long time, so it's almost like a reality check. And honestly, I'm really nervous about the movie, but in a good way. It's nice to feel butterflies again. To be in an unknown environment and step outside of my comfort zone. But don't get me wrong, I'm going to be just as excited to step back into the many shoes that I walk in on "Vampire Diaries."

"The Vampire Diaries" airs Thursday at 8pm on The CW

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoPGhwRORYQ&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]
Angel-Jot thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
^🥺 Dammooonnn. 😔 Heart breaking clip. 
-SilverAngel- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
1more day to go...this is one excruciatingly long wait!!!!
JennyPenny thumbnail

Vampire Diaries' Julie Plec: Profound Loss Is Part of Who Elena Is

Of all the deaths during two seasons of The Vampire Diaries, none were as tragic and personal as the loss of Jenna — and that was exactly the point, executive producer Julie Plecsays.

"The loss of life in the sacrifice ritual needed to be as deeply personal as possible in order to show how big of a move it was that Klaus is making and how profound of an impact it would have on not only Elena's life, but on everybody," Plec tells TVGuide.com.

Vampire Diaries post-mortem and a preview of the shocking finale

In Part 1 of our exclusive interview with Plec, she explains how Jenna's death in the penultimate episode sets up the emotional resolution for the finale (Thursday, 8/7c on CW) and addresses how the show will handle the fact that there's no characters left clueless of the supernatural. Plus: Is here hope for Caroline (Candice Accola) and Tyler (Michael Trevino) to get together? Plec previews their Season 3 journey — and conflict. 

When do you decide you were going to kill off Jenna (Sara Canning)?
Julie Plec: 
Those decisions are never made lightly. We talked quite a lot about it together in a span of a day when we were writing the story for episode 20. It was not something we set out to do in the beginning of the season -- it was a late in the day decision -- and once we made the decision about Jenna's demise that's the point when we orchestrated the vampire sacrifice of it all.

Were you worried that fans would be very angry?
Plec: 
We certainly did not want to piss anybody off or alienate anybody. With series regulars you're always going to have fan-bases that feel very protective of them and love them and feel like they're family so these decisions are not going to go over necessarily well all the time. But we spent an entire season building to this sacrifice ritual and bringing Klaus in and we felt like the loss of life in the sacrifice ritual needed to be as deeply personal as possible in order to show how big of a move it was that Klaus is making and how profound of an impact it would have on not only Elena's life, but on everybody.

Exclusive Vampire Diaries first look: The season finale is on fire!

Does Jenna's death symbolize getting rid of the adults on the show to force the kids to grow up?
Plec: 
That's a tough one because by no means do we think there shouldn't be parental figures on this show. Some of the parents are our most colorful and vivid characters. Elena (Nina Dobrev) began the series having just lost her parents and as an orphan and that is part of what defines her. Along the road she has found her birth mother, discovered the identity of her birth father and yes, had a surrogate guardian in Jenna, but when it's all said and done this is a girl who has experienced so much profound loss and that journey is continuing for her. It's all part of who she is and it's rough and it's brutal, but we want to take Elena to the next place. Now she's going to be in her own way a parent to Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen) and she's going to be the adult in the family and that's all going to be a part of the road that we're sending her down.

Along with Jenna, Matt became aware of the supernatural, but now you've lost the innocent and high school teen perspective.
Plec: 
The problem is there's always a fine line between keeping someone out of the loop and making them seem stupid. With both Jenna and Matt (Zach Roerig) we felt we were hitting the end of the rope there in our world of the characters having credibility, in fact, I think we stretched almost too thin. So bringing them in felt like the right decision. Now the hazard of that is we have no clueless innocence. Maybe we'll introduce new innocence or maybe the fun will be seeing Matt continue down his path with his life which is complicated without the supernatural elements and see where his place is and where he fits into this group of supernatural creatures that are also his friends and extended family.

VIDEO: Vampire Diaries' Nina Dobrev dishes on her co-stars

Now that Matt freaked out and broke up with Caroline, does that leave room for her and Tyler to get together?
Plec: 
Matt and Tyler aren't in the last episode so their Season 2 journey has come to a close, but the fun of where I think we'll be able to go with it is that we've got a mayor and a sheriff who are each mothers of supernatural beings and who are not necessarily compatible with each other. Where are those mothers going to stand in all this and as mayor and the sheriff of the town, what conflict is going to arise as they jockey for position to protect their children and also maybe try to keep their children away from each other?

The penultimate episode was epic, how can the finale compare?
Plec: 
The last episode was clearly the season finale of our mythology storyline. We went all out and that was as deliberate choice knowing that the story we wanted to tell in our season finale is actually the emotional resolution of the season. We also want to really give the audience a window to where we're going in Season 3, a taste of what the series is going to be like as we move forward.

Check back on Thursday for Part 2 of our chat with Julie where she previews Stefan's "harrowing" journey in the finale, addresses Damon's wolf bite and shares some plans for Season 3.

JennyPenny thumbnail

Dobrey predicts fans will cry about 'Vampire' finale

By LAURI NEFF May 10, 2011 7:13PM

NEW YORK — "Vampire Diaries" fans note: Star Nina Dobrev warns of a "gut-wrenching" season finale in which "people will die."

Dobrev is not giving hints about who will go but predicts that "there will be a lot of tears" among viewers of Thursday's episode on WGN-Channel 9.

The actress says she was as surprised as anyone by the key plotline involving a "sun and moon curse" that turned out to be a ruse for character Klaus, who is scheming to become a vampire/werewolf hybrid.

"Trust me, when I read that script and looked at those pages and saw that everything that they've all been doing for the last two seasons really has been all made up and a big joke — broke my heart," she said.

Dobrev thinks it was a clever move to make Klaus appear more diabolical.

"It makes Klaus that much smarter and that much more clever and ahead of the game," she said.

Dobrev co-stars with Ian Somerhalder and Paul Wesley, who play vampire brothers obsessed with her two characters: the sweet human Elena and the evil vampire ancestor Katherine.

Because Elena and Katherine are both identified as doppelgangers, Dobrev says "it's assumed" she will eventually have to take on another role as their original. She acknowledges, however, that she has "no idea" if that will happen.

"I didn't even know that I'd be playing Katherine when I signed on the project," she said. "It just popped up in the script one day."

TheBlackJaguar thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Lip-a-Licious

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoPGhwRORYQ&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

Damon doesn't deserve this , not after having a chance at humanity again . And no, its not about Elena or Stefan , that he should live. He needs to live for himself and find what he has lost ages ago. Damon is trying to be brave and telling Stefan to say goodbyes , being his sarcy dark self by calling Stefan superman. But i hope Damon's sad joke turns out to be true. Stefan maybe the only hope that will save Damon , no matter what the price. At this point , am just bothered about Damon getting to live and Stefan having the courage to pay the price which his life demands. Rest? I don't give a vampire's fang about it. Oh, why do i have this ugly feeling that Klaus is going to have a ball on the expense of the Salvatores!