Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.FunLuvingGirl. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Yeah Kanky totally agreed with you.
Renuka is like really irritated these days and she was also sad when Dadi said dat it is good to get married soon...she always regrets dat she can't live a better life and she don't want that to happen with Navya too. Maybe dats the reason she helped Navya to go out after knowing the truth.
She wants Navya to live her life and not get struck into these marriage stuffs coz if she wanted to then she should have definitely forced Navya to marry along with dadi as you said..
And ya, Navya would definitely have to face something tough in future..cause she is drowning into her own world of love which she is not realizing now.
So lets see wat gonna happen.

BTW really nice post Kanky. 😃

Edited by .FunLuvingGirl. - 12 years ago
thegameison thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: *~sneha~*

"Makes me wonder, why and how was this institution framed, like how is marriage supremely and ultimately considered the only reason behind a lady's design? "

I have always wondered as well.I mean,its not like we CAN'T do anything other than get married ,give birth and eventually take care of children and cook.We've proven it time and again that we can excel in whichever field we choose.I think daadi definitely must've forced renuka and navya's parents to get her married young to avoid her from going ASTRAY or falling in love. 

I know, and I realize today that it ain't that people doubt our capabilities, they constrain us because they are reluctant to let go off their derogatory values. Over the years, things have simplified and everybody knows we live under the rule of a highly unreal and hollow society.    

Her behaviour is mostly post pregnancy symptoms...because the previous time that they'd showed her,she was happy!Maybe she felt a tad bit neglected because nobody showed up at the hospital from her sasural? She did seem upset when her husband (gowtham ,is it? ) said he wouldn't be able to come there..and she said she could've really used his help and how much can she depend on her parents.Maybe she just wanted everything to be perfect when they came.

Yes, the symptoms. But did you notice her regretful and glum expressions on the day of her baby shower thing when Dadi talked 'early marriage'? Momentarily, she'd this oppressed thing on her face, she was impaled. 

And ofcourse she's bound to help navya...she wants her to experience all that she couldn't because of getting married young.She does seem to love her husband...but you can't blame her for wondering what life would've been like if she had gotten a chance to maybe LIVE a little? Maybe she wants to see all that through navya 😊

Yes, I agree with you on this totally. 

Navya!She was definitely cute.She was excited,happy,anxious and surprised..all at the same time.Who wouldn't be?Its not that he helped her crossed the road,or took charge..its because he was ready to just about ANYTHING to get her there..and be with her..even if it was for sometime.That was just adorable. Couldn't get my eyes off the screen!😍

Her anxiety was evident, her endeavors were and also the you're-warm expression was there on her face. I dunno why she is so fidgety and what wrong happens when you are in a decent and acceptable proximity with a guy, but anyway, tons of girls round are like that, so I'd shut up. Anant, yes. He was readily up for any degree of essaying, he wanted her to come. I just hope his thing with Navya is not rushed anymore toward love so soon, though. 

My replies are in blue above, thank you for participating! 
thegameison thumbnail
Originally posted by: theflyingdonkey

Navya is still portrayed as a nineteen year old, if Renuka got a rishta during that time at least it makes more sense than Nimisha 😕 I think 19 is a bit too young to get married BUT nimisha is shown as 17 😲

Ok 17 and 19 might not differ that much, but 19 getting a rishta by 19 and then getting married by 20 isnt that shockingly weird or bad. I dont like the fact that nimisha, whos still like a kid is getting a rishta and treated like that..

They mentioned to marry off Nimisha after a year, which means when she marries, she'd be illegible for that, like eighteen. Anyhow, what I feel is that you shouldn't marry anytime before 30-ish, if you do - it is like a freaking child marriage, exploitative! 🥱
thegameison thumbnail
Originally posted by: rituloveskmh

Hey K,
Beautifully written.
And for a change, I am agreeing to your views tonight!:)
Wat Navya told Renuka is still a mystery, but I am hoping that Renuka knows the "whole" truth!
And if she does know the whole truth, then it was very awesome of her to send Navya away!
Though technically, I wonder how much time it takes for someone to go grab a diaper from a store in India...does it really take the entire time of Navya attending the engagement and also handling the thali with all peace and no anxiety of returning back!?
Anyways, overall, I am seeing who shall be on team anaya and who shall not be ...in the coming future and Renuka surely is going to "be there" for her lil sis just coz she cud not live that life!😳

You agree, that is cool. 

Navya and Renuka live precarious lives, you know. Time turns its tide or whatever, and Renuka knows that soon Navya's gonna have to get through things like she is today which is why Navya did not have to cajole her elder sister into sending her off, just once was enough, whatever may be an apparent reason to Renuka. I know, I agree with you too, strangely. Hands down, we're both right. 🐷

And the diaper thing worries me a little as well, but heck - India? Serial? Never mind, it always happens!

Thanks for making a reply. =]
thegameison thumbnail
Originally posted by: LadyMcbeth

Hmm your post definitely made me ponder. There are several different directions I could go. 

Makes me ponder as well, all the time.

Firstly, I am not so concerned about Renuka's early marriage, if it happened within legal age limits, by her choice, consent, without any coercion etc and if the husband is a decent enough chap. Because, believe it or not, there ARE some benefits associated with being married in your early twenties. I am more concerned about her early pregnancy. That definitely puts a damper on her future plans to study, work, spend time with your life partner or do anything a girl in early twenties would do. Having kids is most definitely not something that needs to happen at the age of 23, like Dadi had once said. Maybe that's a lesson for all the ladies out there. It is a HUGE commitment and Renuka was clearly not prepared for it, being so young and inexperienced about life in general. Renuka's behavior post pregnancy was unreasonable due to a condition called as postpartum blues, where it is normal for females to get agitated, jittery and/or depressed. To add to that, her husband not showing up to pick her up from the hospital was not fair AT all! 

Um, I mentioned about postpartum blues too, however I did not there was a term there to it. Yes, she is unprepared for the motherhood thing. But it'd be difficult for me to understand the whole institution of it, you know the benefits of early marriage and well, the shortcoming in this case, having to be a mother at 23. It is a set-down, but I can't comment on it any further, I am naive as far as that is concerned.

Secondly, like I posted elsewhere: Renuka must've cooked up an excuse for Navya becoz: . 1) She must've known the truth (or at least guessed it) and probably wanted Navya to live life on her own terms. 2)That's what sisters do. They cover up for each other 😃

Of course she wants Navya to live on her own terms and not experience what she has, even if she's a 'happy homemaker' partially. And this quaint thing about sisters, I know. It's overwhelming. 

Thirdly, re: Navya - One could not help but relate to her. She wanted to go, yet was bound by her obligation to her family. She thought she made up her mind not to go, until Anant showed up in front of her building! Pretty sure she's going to feel guilty for having lied to her family later on ... As far as her budding attraction towards Anant goes - I'm going to let others describe that "ehsaas" in detail. 😆 But I must admit, Anant and Navya have this subtle chemistry which is kinda sweet - not explosive sparks flying types at all - just sweet. 😊

Yep. Okay the 'ehsaas' - I am hopeless at myself and I dun think I like sweet either, it just gets the diabetic-sweet sometimes, I like it when they keep it real. I liked the scene cause it was real in a way, um, so you get the drift, right? 

Thanks for participating! 
Edited by -Kanky- - 12 years ago
thegameison thumbnail
Originally posted by: FSM-93

OMG...that was simply beautiful like OMG your so cool at writing...😛...👏

and yeah secondly my main concern is how much time does it take for a person to go get diapers...😛..and my other concern is which parents in their right minds would send their daughters ALONE to go get diapers...I mean sorry but that doesnt make sense..esp if the parents are so strict and possesive about their daughters...Renuka should have made some other excuse...😛...

oh and totally agree with the rest of you too very good points mentioned...😃

What's wrong with your daughter going out, getting diapers for her niece? Girls can fend for themselves, you know? Sadly, their families never let em and eventually, they are pushed into believing that really they are weak in the sense they need to be under constant guidance and protection of a male. But true, it was weird how her parents let Navya go. 😳

And thank you very much, I am glad I could reach out to you and that you like the post. 
thegameison thumbnail
Originally posted by: .FunLuvingGirl.

Yeah Kanky totally agreed with you.
Renuka is like really irritated these days and she was also sad when Dadi said dat it is good to get married soon...she always regrets dat she can't live a better life and she don't want that to happen with Navya too. Maybe dats the reason she helped Navya to go out after knowing the truth.
She wants Navya to live her life and not get struck into these marriage stuffs coz if she wanted to then she should have definitely forced Navya to marry along with dadi as you said..
And ya, Navya would definitely have to face something tough in future..cause she is drowning into her own world of love which she is not realizing now.
So lets see wat gonna happen.

BTW really nice post Kanky. 😃

Hey, S! Thanks a bundle for participating. Yeah, you put it intelligently as well. I'm glad you shared your view with me. Indeed, we'd have to wait and let the coming events unleash, I mean if the writers dun mess up already. 
.Juhi. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Nimisha's case is totaly diff. frm Renuka...i guess Renu got married till 19 or 20...but Nimi vl b married @ 17...datz quite young...nd itz nt allowed by da law...! 17 reli sounds wierd...as m goin 2 b 17 till sept...lolx...17 is nt an age 2 gt married...
thegameison thumbnail
Originally posted by: Love_Anant

Nimisha's case is totaly diff. frm Renuka...i guess Renu got married till 19 or 20...but Nimi vl b married @ 17...datz quite young...nd itz nt allowed by da law...! 17 reli sounds wierd...as m goin 2 b 17 till sept...lolx...17 is nt an age 2 gt married...

They are not marrying Nimisha so soon, Juhi. When she marries, her family says she'd be eighteen. Sigh, that ain't good either. Anant's father is a politician, how's he supposed to violate the law, though? 😛
LadyMcbeth thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Kanky-

Yep. Okay the 'ehsaas' - I am hopeless at myself and I dun think I like sweet either, it just gets the diabetic-sweet sometimes, I like it when they keep it real. I liked the scene cause it was real in a way, um, so you get the drift, right? 

Thanks for participating! 

Kanky - understand where you are coming from ... I am not sure I care for any of the diabetic sweet types either 🥱 ... keeping it simple, grounded and as close to reality as possible is nice.

You are welcome.