Katalicious thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Getting lonely at the top

For the past few months now actor Katrina Kaif has been seeing her name being dragged into one hot-goss after another. The latest being the buzz that actor Priyanka Chopra had apparently turned down Kabir Khan's film that eventually went to Katrina. This despite the fact that PC was not even considered for the role.

An insider confirms, "Kabir was clear right from the beginning that he wants to cast Kat for this role, so where does the question of any other star being approached for arise?"

This apart, earlier there was a strong buzz in the industry about how newbie Sonakshi Sinha was apparently being projected as the new Katrina-on-the-block, with reports of her having replaced the star in brand endorsements, and even bagging films opposite her leading men doing the rounds in B-Town. And soon after, there was buzz about Kat having approached filmmaker Pankaj Kapur for the leading role in Mausam that eventually went to actor Sonam Kapoor.

And though Katrina has vehemently denied the latter, reports of the ongoing Kat-Son war, is something that the actor has maintained a dignified silence so far. "I can't say about others, but I've always believed that it's important to have your own identity. I've never gone looking after what another actor is up to. I really find it ridiculous," says the Bolly hottie.

However, sources close to the star suggest that she's apparently not too happy with her name being dragged every now and then. "People are clearly trying to use her name for their own advantage. Just because Katrina prefers to remain silent, people like Sonakshi openly use her name. But everyone in the industry knows how Sonakshi's been having trouble not just with Katrina, but also other stars," says the source. And though Katrina does understand it comes with being a star, and doesn't take these things seriously, sometimes it gets too much for her too.

However, Kat seems to have found a perfect way to deal with it. "She's completely immersed herself in work," said the source. An insider informs that Katrina's been preparing for a dance number, "so she's rehearsing all day and shooting all night," the insider adds. "I've always let my work do the talking and it's not going to change in the future either. I can't stoop to the levels that some people can, so I'm happy working and working some more," signs off Kat.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Katalicious thumbnail
Omg that article is so damn true! Katrina is brought into almost everything! People really need to leave her alone! But you go Katty, keep in you're work and work hard and choose better scripts and make you're fans proud!
ladygaga thumbnail
For how long will she keep everything bottled up like this.. i have a feeling she will have a emo outburst one day or another.. but she still has managed to stay quiet and take it all.. without saying much.. i wonder how she does that.
Katalicious thumbnail
^she learned it from her mommy😳

People are clearly trying to use her name for their own advantage. Just because Katrina prefers to remain silent

true.