I thought Ahem would appreciate Raashi's attire - Page 2

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by lovtv

In my experience ... Men brought up in Indian tradition only think they want modern women.  In reality they prefer women like their mothers...traditional, old fashioned...who makes their favourite food and is completely dedicated to them.

Of course there are exceptions but most men like their old traditions and are nostalgic for it... at least later in life if they made different choices.    I wonder if that is what they are trying to show here ... the contrast between what he thought he wanted - Rashi / Anita - and what he actually wants and will NOT admit - Gopi.  

I agree with you Shelly, but sometimes they want their cake and eat it too, some of them are majorly confused.

Example, and this is from my experience, they want their wives to work outside of home, bring in the money so to speak, but at the same time they want the wife to take care of the household too. They don't want to share responsibility of everday life.
Totally with you Shilpa,

That is why a lot of these "boys" have girlfriends before they marry the traditional woman.  Sometimes they are running away from their traditions and are in denial.   Sometimes their parents force their hand and they never learn what they really wanted.  Sometimes after being with a "modern" woman they learn what they really want and marry the right woman traditional or otherwise.

As you said as well this is from our experience and it is about a  population of immature boys.  Men on the forum could correct us but this is what I have found.

Marriage and love are  very complicated and a lot of work.   It doesn't help when you're confused! 
Originally posted by lovtv

Totally with you Shilpa,

That is why a lot of these "boys" have girlfriends before they marry the traditional woman.  Sometimes they are running away from their traditions and are in denial.   Sometimes their parents force their hand and they never learn what they really wanted.  Sometimes after being with a "modern" woman they learn what they really want and marry the right woman traditional or otherwise.

As you said as well this is from our experience and it is about a  population of immature boys.  Men on the forum could correct us but this is what I have found.

Marriage and love are  very complicated and a lot of work.   It doesn't help when you're confused! 

πŸ˜†Ghar mein Ram gali mein Shyam type of a thing.
I think aham never thought abt after marriage effect to anita and may be he thought she always do things according to his wish and in my point of view he is only frustrated wid gopi bcoz he knws that she is perfect but not ready to admit it and all of above his men ego which is not ready to accept that he is fallen for one whom he refused..so my take in swiss he see the diff between two sisters and may be something happen which make him accept that he actually loves his wife.
I think the CV's are trying to show that if he had got what he wanted Anita he would have been miserable too and his Mom's choice was the better one.
I think there is no deep meaning of his displeasure of Rashi's dress. Its just that he is laways irritated and angry. Everyone around him irritates him.. he would have made same face even if Rashi would have come back in another saree.
For him, no one else should exist except for him and his Mom. I was shocked to hear when he said he booked ticket for his Mom!!! Wht about his Dad? Why dad cant join them??? You know, this was very weird.. some might even take this in the wrong sense. Does he think his Mom will enjoy vacations with him.. without her hubby? Its such a wrong thought. I think Kokila has lot more to be worried about her son then only about his matrimony relations..
Ahem does not need a reason  to get anger . he is a anger man nothing more.
Yar it's not his fault. his mom bring him showing her displeasure wid her husband so may be he thought if his father came along then his mom again only fight wid him so better take his mom away so his father find some piece.  but i think his father hurt more than gopi bcoz he even did not care abt his father emotions.Every one taking abt gopi's hurt but what abt his father i think he is more hurt than gopi bcoz two persons have equal position in ur life that's ur mom and dad and he always give upper hand to his mom . so parag is more hurt than gopi and may be feeling sorry for gopi that she stuck wid his son.
ur rit.!   bt ahem izz fully interested in his work...n with dat ...,rashi wzz so late n irritatin...if i wud have been in ahemzzz place i wud have booked 2 return tickets fr rashi n jigar...n let dem get lost frm i eyezzz...dis iz a official trip...ryt!😑😑😑😊
Very well said Yucks, Ahem is a very unpredictable character.
He does something out of the blues when it is completely unexpected of him.